Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,877 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:26 AM

Why My Dad Almost Got Don Jazzy And D'banj Arrested -- Davido - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why My Dad Almost Got Don Jazzy And D'banj Arrested -- Davido (2000 Views)

Don Jazzy And Banky W React To Tekno & Danfo Drivers Pictured Together / Shirtless Davido Pictured With D'banj, Don Jazzy And Reekado Banks / Don Jazzy And Tiwa Savage At The Experience 2016 (Video, Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why My Dad Almost Got Don Jazzy And D'banj Arrested -- Davido by JAYTUNEZ(m): 11:57am On Jul 28, 2016
Pop star Davido revealed in a recent chat that his dad, Dr. Deji Adeleke once threatened to arrest D’banj and Don Jazzy over a controversial issue.

He made the revelation in an interview with Ebro Darden of Hot 97 in New York, days after his performance at One Africa Music Fest. The HKN chief said it was because his dad thought he had gone missing and he didn’t like his association with the musicians as he wanted him to finish school first before any other thing, made him threaten to arrest them.

"I was hanging out with D’banj at the time, he had that Kanye deal. I now told my Dad that I was trying to stay, and he was like ‘What? My friend you better go back to school," he recalled.

"I called my roommate, and told him ‘Imma do this no more. If my Dad calls, tell him you don’t know where I’m at.

"When I left, my family was looking for me for like six months. They sent a letter to D’banj house, they sent a letter to Psquare house, they sent letters to everybody’s house. My Dad was calling the school, and they were telling him; ‘He wasn’t even here for the past semester, he left..’

"It was like the whole Nigeria knew who I was before I even dropped a single. Kamal that is my manager now, used to be Don Jazzy’s assistant. My Dad started calling him and said ‘if I see you guys with my son, all of you are getting arrested."

He also revealed that he has three songs in the works with American rapper Young Thug, while also defining his genre of music.

"I don’t even call my music Afrobeat, I call mine Afrofusion. To me it’s just too different. I can’t tell you it’s Afrobeat, because it’s not.

"You know the originator of the Afrobeat is Fela. Fela has a sound which I can say has heavy baseline, brass instrument, [and] the percussion is different. If you ask me ‘Gobe’ is Calypso, Afro mixed with Calypso. But I feel like the Afrobeat is catchy and has caught the wave since time. Because I know some Afrobeat songs that I don’t want to call Afrobeat. I call them Afro-Pop or I call Afro Trap. Everything is just still African music," he said.

http://www.tunezmediablog.com/2016/07/why-my-dad-almost-got-don-jazzy-and.html?m=1

Lalasticlala Fynestboi MissyB3 Ijebabe

Re: Why My Dad Almost Got Don Jazzy And D'banj Arrested -- Davido by olaglamour(f): 12:03pm On Jul 28, 2016
Re: Why My Dad Almost Got Don Jazzy And D'banj Arrested -- Davido by cruzita(f): 12:05pm On Jul 28, 2016
. undecided.

are they your bodyguards ?

abegi

all these rich men and children wahala
Re: Why My Dad Almost Got Don Jazzy And D'banj Arrested -- Davido by opeyemiieblog(m): 12:12pm On Jul 28, 2016
iwo lomo

1 Like

Re: Why My Dad Almost Got Don Jazzy And D'banj Arrested -- Davido by curatorX: 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2016
Re: Why My Dad Almost Got Don Jazzy And D'banj Arrested -- Davido by njiasi30(f): 2:10pm On Jul 28, 2016
Dis guy is always full of himself undecided
Re: Why My Dad Almost Got Don Jazzy And D'banj Arrested -- Davido by RealJaneDoe: 2:23pm On Jul 28, 2016
Daddy's boy oya clap for yourself

(1) (Reply)

Video:flamboyant Lifestyles Of Malaysia Based Nigerian Big Boy Hushpuppi / Bbnaija: Efe Arrives Nigeria, Poses With Fans (photos) / Don Jazzy's Brother D'prince Mark His 28 Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.