Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,674 members, 7,945,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 10:37 AM

Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God (2305 Views)

10 Tips For Talking About Jesus / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by Abuzola(m): 12:25am On Sep 21, 2009
What kind of stupid question is that, God does not want anything to be worship besides Him
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by GODSON2009(m): 12:29am On Sep 21, 2009
exactly my point in the other thread, when mohammad was starting out,and he needed the meccans to support his ministry,he supported the doctrines of the pagan worshippers hence the satanic verses(why dont you do some reading,)it was later that he nullified and removed the particular verse from the quran,dubbing it the satanic verses or do you think i gave it the name?lol
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by kolaxy(m): 12:34am On Sep 21, 2009
@poster

Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God?

My Opinion: Not ignorance, but ignorance of ignorance, is the death of knowledge.  ~Alfred North Whitehead wink
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by kolaxy(m): 6:07am On Sep 21, 2009
Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God
grin

Curiousity killed the cat. Anyway, my opinion is that, you should give your life to Christ. And experience true peace of mind. John14:27 reads: Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. wink
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by Abuzola(m): 8:06am On Sep 21, 2009
@gonson, is that what the verse says ? Supporting pagan gods or daughters ? I want your reply before i educate you the message of the Quran
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by GODSON2009(m): 12:49pm On Sep 21, 2009
what the complete verse says is immaterial,you know as well as i do that i only need to google it online and it ll give me the complete verse, the most important point are the exergencies and salient issues raised by the particular verse, which mohammad acknowledged as well by nullifying and then expunging it from the quran true or false??

i have decided ill leave the defending of christianity to others,what i want to concentrate on is an indepht,analytical,academic and totally objective breakdown of the fraud called islam, i have seen through the lot of you that you r hiding under the attack of christianity to side step the fraudulent lies in the quran staring you in the face
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by Abuzola(m): 1:05pm On Sep 21, 2009
Mr man why not answer my question and keep ur story to urself
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by noetic2: 3:14pm On Sep 21, 2009
Abuzola:

Mr man why not answer my question and keep your story to urself

what was ur question. . . . u paedophile shocked shocked shocked
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by Abuzola(m): 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2009
@nnetic, welcome on board. Your pragmat folks are helpless why not help them. I said ur god died in pieces, do you ve any take or that
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by monopolist: 6:09pm On Sep 21, 2009
The god of this world has blinded their eyes so that they can not see the light of the glorious gospel of JESUS CHRIST.

A fool says in his heart, there is no God.

The LORD is Laughing you to derision and will soon break you into pieces like a potters vessel.

Be ye not mockers, lest your bounds be made strong and ye be destroyed by the destruction determined upon the earth

And the LORD will bruise satan shortly under the sole of my feet

Let every soul be subject to the higher power for there is no power but of God. The power that be are ordained of God.

REPENT NOW. RETURN FROM YOUR WAYS.

Broad is the way that lead to destruction.

He that depart from the way of understanding shall abide in the congregation of the dead.

Stop following a counterfeiter.

JESUS IS KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

God our Father in Heaven is the father of all Spirits.

He that is from above is above all

Come to Jesus Christ all you that labour and are heavy ladden and HE will give you rest

Know the TRUTH and it will make you free.

Believers in Jesus Christ are commanders over all other spirits
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by Abuzola(m): 6:14pm On Sep 21, 2009
How can a mentally stable person worship a god who cannot even save himself ? Funny right, see mathew 27:46 'in the nineth hour he cried with a loud voice saying my God my God why hast thou forsaken me'

christianity my foot
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by noetic2: 11:46pm On Sep 21, 2009
Abuzola:

@nnetic, welcome on board. Your pragmat folks are helpless why not help them. I said your god died in pieces, do you ve any take or that

what do u mean by "pieces"?
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by GODSON2009(m): 12:24am On Sep 22, 2009
noetic2:

what do u mean by "pieces"?
i tire o,
Abuzola:

Mr man why not answer my question and keep your story to urself
what question??r you sure you r not confusing yourself now?lol grin
i told you the holy spirit is arresting you bit by bit, thank you lord now you r reading the new testament halleluyah
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by Abuzola(m): 12:53am On Sep 22, 2009
Godson- i love ur ways of being prankish, hmmm. Was jesus not pierces on cross and didn't he die in pieces ?
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by GODSON2009(m): 1:27am On Sep 22, 2009
Abuzola:

Godson- i love your ways of being prankish, hmmm. Was jesus not pierces on cross and didn't he die in pieces ?
for you to get the import of what jesus did and why he did it you have to first get an idea of what real unadulterated love means,which your religion does not teach, i understand why you find it soo difficult to believe anyone will just die for others maybe because you are slaves to your god and you will be slaves to mohammad and your god for eternity
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by kolaxy(m): 2:27am On Sep 22, 2009
@Abuzola,

Godson- i love your ways of being prankish, hmmm. Was jesus not pierces on cross and didn't he die in pieces ?

Yes, he was pierced and his blood gushed out. That's significant to we christians but i wont go into the details. However, none of his bones was broken or crushed. read the following:

John19:32-36

The soldiers therefore came and broke the legs of the first man who had been crucified with Jesus, and then those of the other.

But when they came to Jesus and found that he was already dead, they did not break his legs.

Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus' side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water.

The man who saw it has given testimony, and his testimony is true. He knows that he tells the truth, and he testifies so that you also may believe.

These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: "Not one of his bones will be broken," wink
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by minute(f): 2:53am On Sep 22, 2009
He knew a lot more about the universe than anyone today knows.

He was very much ahead of his time.

He was a good debater.

He had good logic.

He was savvy about Judaism.

He apparently made good furniture.

He has a way of looking at the world and universe.

His edicts are not easy to follow or obey but they do make sense.

He was far braver than anyone I know.

Hes a good role model.

I love JESUS smiley smiley smiley
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by aaidel(m): 3:07am On Sep 22, 2009
The Pope teaches and it is also stated in the Catholic Catechism, that

"The Moslems are our fellow Brothers, for they also worship the one same God that we do"
2 I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery;
3 Do not have any other gods before me.
4 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me,
6 but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.
7 You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.
8 Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.
9 For six days you shall labour and do all your work.
10 But the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work—you, your son or your daughter, your male or female slave, your livestock, or the alien resident in your towns.
11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but rested the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and consecrated it.
12 Honor your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.
13 You shall not murder.
14 You shall not commit adultery.
15 You shall not steal.
16 You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
17 You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.
6 I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery;
7 you shall have no other gods before me.
8 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
9 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and fourth generation of those who reject me,
10 but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.
11 You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.
12 Observe the sabbath day and keep it holy, as the Lord your God commanded you.
13 For six days you shall labour and do all your work.
14 But the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work—you, or your son or your daughter, or your male or female slave, or your ox or your donkey, or any of your livestock, or the resident alien in your towns, so that your male and female slave may rest as well as you.
15 Remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God brought you out from there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm; therefore the Lord your God commanded you to keep the sabbath day.
16 Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God commanded you, so that your days may be long and that it may go well with you in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.
17 You shall not murder.
18 Neither shall you commit adultery.
19 Neither shall you steal.
20 Neither shall you bear false witness against your neighbor.
21 Neither shall you covet your neighbor’s wife. Neither shall you desire your neighbor’s house, or field, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.
11 Observe what I command you today. See, I will drive out before you the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites.
12 Take care not to make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land to which you are going, or it will become a snare among you.
13 You shall tear down their altars, break their pillars, and cut down their sacred poles
14 (for you shall worship no other god, because the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God).
15 You shall not make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, for when they prostitute themselves to their gods and sacrifice to their gods, someone among them will invite you, and you will eat of the sacrifice.
16 And you will take wives from among their daughters for your sons, and their daughters who prostitute themselves to their gods will make your sons also prostitute themselves to their gods.
17 You shall not make cast idols.
18 You shall keep the festival of unleavened bread. For seven days you shall eat unleavened bread, as I commanded you, at the time appointed in the month of Abib; for in the month of Abib you came out from Egypt.
19 All that first opens the womb is mine, all your male livestock, the firstborn of cow and sheep.
20 The firstborn of a donkey you shall redeem with a lamb, or if you will not redeem it you shall break its neck. All the firstborn of your sons you shall redeem.
No one shall appear before me empty-handed.
21 For six days you shall work, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even in ploughing time and in harvest time you shall rest.
22 You shall observe the festival of weeks, the first fruits of wheat harvest, and the festival of ingathering at the turn of the year.
23 Three times in the year all your males shall appear before the Lord God, the God of Israel.
24 For I will cast out nations before you, and enlarge your borders; no one shall covet your land when you go up to appear before the Lord your God three times in the year.
25 You shall not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven, and the sacrifice of the festival of the passover shall not be left until the morning.
26 The best of the first fruits of your ground you shall bring to the house of the Lord your God.
You shall not boil a kid in its mother’s milk.
27 The Lord said to Moses: Write these words; in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.

it is said that that which separates islam from christianity is a thin line(five daily prayers)
so i dont see why muslims and christians cant get along but surprisingly christians get along with jews whom they believed killed jesus.
i dont believe in name calling or insulting other peoples religions in the name of preaching, or whatever.
if you are trying to enlighten people about islam this is not the way to go about it and similarly if as a christian you believe islam is wrong there is no need to resort to name calling. from the above commandments i think both christians and muslims and even jews can see the similarities in their religion so please abuzola, godson and all those that revel i mockery of other peoples religion take it easy i'm sure nowhere in both religions is this condoned.
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by Bobbyaf(m): 5:49am On Sep 22, 2009
The pope is a very smart politician. He will do anything to get the support of all religions so that they will see him ultimately as the supreme ruler in things heavenly, earthly, and you know where, grin
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by Abuzola(m): 6:22am On Sep 22, 2009
@gonson, there is no magic, jesus never claim to be god and its you who is twisting the bible in many passages such john 5:30 jesus claim to be powerless.

Who told you Love is absent in Islam huh ?

Hadith 24 of sahih muslim.
Narrated Anas: The Prophet said,'By Him in Whose hands is my soul,, no servant will have attained faith until he loves his neighbour' in another narration , until he loves his brother what he loves for himself'
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by Abuzola(m): 6:24am On Sep 22, 2009
@aaidel- The pope is a bloody pretender, there was a time he insulted our beloved Prophet as murderer and conquerer. So don't be deceived
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by Abuzola(m): 6:31am On Sep 22, 2009
@kola- God being wicked to kill an innocent man who doesn't want to be crucified see luke 22:42 is a wicked act. This shows that the christian god power is limited. Allah does not want any sacrifice, He forgive if you ask for his forgiveness and does not require anything unlike the christian god who used one of the godhead as sacrifice. Look at how ugly the scenario is, Why can't the christian God forgive without spilling innocent godhead's blood.
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by GODSON2009(m): 12:42pm On Sep 22, 2009
Abuzola:

@gonson, there is no magic, jesus never claim to be god and its you who is twisting the bible in many passages such john 5:30 jesus claim to be powerless.

Who told you Love is absent in Islam huh ?

Hadith 24 of sahih muslim.
Narrated Anas: The Prophet said,'By Him in Whose hands is my soul,, no servant will have attained faith until he loves his neighbour' in another narration , until he loves his brother what he loves for himself'
thank GOD you mentioned that,further contradicting yourself, if mohammad enjoined you his followers to love his/her neighbour as oneself,why did he turn around to pour vitriol on unbelievers which we can all agree are in a state of ignorance?
its like beating a little child wh doesnt know his left from his right up,for breaking a glass cup.

if he preached love like you have highlighted,why did he enjoin anything called lesser jihad,or jihad of the sword?is that supposed to be a sign of love to behead me?

why did he tell you his people to behead and cut off the fingertips of christians,jews and unbelievers?

its like your mohammad is telling a primary school or nursery school teacher to poison or smash the head of any child who isnt passing with good grades against the wall right?
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by Abuzola(m): 12:57pm On Sep 22, 2009
You claim to know islam yet you don't know islam history. The makkans tormented the muslim severely and the muslim didn't retaliate until later when the God instructed them to fight back
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by KunleOshob(m): 1:17pm On Sep 22, 2009
Abuzola:

@aaidel- The pope is a bloody pretender, there was a time he insulted our beloved Prophet as murderer and conquerer. So don't be deceived
What is the insult here did your beloved prophet not preach murder? Was he not a warrior? and did he not conquer other people and force them to convert to islam?
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by Abuzola(m): 1:33pm On Sep 22, 2009
Are you too insulting our beloved Prophet ?
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by aaidel(m): 2:12pm On Sep 22, 2009
@ godson can you please state the verse or hadith where mohammed said to behead jews and christians because as i understand it the prophet said to the muslims to cohabit and live in peace with christians and jews and not to attack them unless they attacked them first because islam is a completion of the jewish and christian religions. Can you guys not argue constructively without resorting to insults? i recommend you both (abuzola and godson) to read a few of ahmed deedat's books maybe you'll get a clue as to how to engage in constructive dialogue between muslims and christians without resorting to animosity
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by GODSON2009(m): 4:59pm On Sep 22, 2009
aaidel:

@ godson can you please state the verse or hadith where mohammed said to behead jews and christians because as i understand it the prophet said to the muslims to cohabit and live in peace with christians and jews and not to attack them unless they attacked them first because islam is a completion of the jewish and christian religions. Can you guys not argue constructively without resorting to insults? i recommend you both (abuzola and godson) to read a few of ahmed deedat's books maybe you'll get a clue as to how to engage in constructive dialogue between muslims and christians without resorting to animosity
excuse me sire,go through my posts(i v only done less than 130) you will find the verse where mohammed enjoined his followers to behead jews and christians and also to cut off their fingertips, olabowale and abuzola can attest to the fact that i have posted it on here just 2 days ago,however if they cowardly deny i promise i will look through my textbooks and personally type it on here for you again,secondly you are right about the quranic verse you have stated,but you see, what is known as"the sword verses"has abrogated all the earlier verses, including the one you have stated, in addittion go and look for a copy of sayyid qutb's milestones,he is one of the most notable islamic scholars till date and he will give you an indepht background,as i dont have enough space or time to start breaking it down and explaining,

most of my assertions,about mohammed and islam which you term as insults can be defended and have been defended, if i call you a criminal to your face,you will sue me to court for slander and libel,and i will be told to bring my evidence right?well then i have evidence which i have posted severally showing that mohammad was a fraud and that his quran is riddled with contradictions
i have called him a paedophile because he married a 6 yrs old baby girl and had sex with her at 9 years old.
i have called him a violent armed robber because he was robbing and divesting innocent traders of their money and wares when he couldnt do the backbreaking work in yathrib/medina
i called him a fraud because of the many contradictions in the quran, how can a prophet who supposedly came to liberate pagans/idol worshippers turn around to speak in support of them and their goddess? later he removed the quranic verses and nullified it,tell me is that not contradictory?

how can a prophet not once or twice hurriedly come up with"revelations from GOD"only when it will suit his selfish purpose, if u want i will give you two instances even one of his wives wryly remarked sarcastically to that fact,

now tell me where i have unjustly called him undeserving names
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by GODSON2009(m): 5:08pm On Sep 22, 2009
KunleOshob:

What is the insult here did your beloved prophet not preach murder? Was he not a warrior? and did he not conquer other people and force them to convert to islam?
i tire o grin
Abuzola:

You claim to know islam yet you don't know islam history. The makkans tormented the muslim severely and the muslim didn't retaliate until later when the God instructed them to fight back
mr man,go and sitdown with your lies,the mekkans never ever tormented him, how many years was he living in mecca cursing their gods,and cursing them under the protection of his wife khadijah and the uncle the head of the hashmi clan?
even when the uncle died and his wife died in the same year,they didnt touch a hair on his head,even while he was ranting and raving remember he only had very very few followers so its not because they were scared of him, he ran away from mecca because he collaborated with outsiders to wage war against mecca, these days it is called "high treason"in virtually every nation of the world, u know me by now,if you want proof i will give you proof just ask grin

remember your prophet was the one waylaying innocent traders coming from yemen and going to mecca o, still yet,they didnt go over to attack him did they?
Re: Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God by Abuzola(m): 6:05pm On Sep 22, 2009
Why are you exposing ur ignorant. You didn't name anything besides the muslims persecution led them to migrate to madina

(1) (2) (3)

In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. / Testimonies Of Former Atheists / Where Is The One And Only Logicboy...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.