Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,808 members, 7,886,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:18 AM

How I Was Scammed #umehwrites - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How I Was Scammed #umehwrites (433 Views)

Please Beware, I Was Scammed In Business Section. / How I Was Scammed Due To My Greed / I Was Scammed By Deal Dey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Was Scammed #umehwrites by umehwrites: 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2016
Few years back, I was fresh out of the university, and all I was thinking about was how to make money! My status update was either something like “Money on my mind” or “Money Must be made”.
I think google bot got the clue and kept feeding me with adverts and posts related to “How to make money online”.

I looked for other offline jobs, but my focus was more on making it through the internet because I have always been drawn to it. Well, my search finally paid off. I saw many websites promising to help me earn, but the one that got my eyes the most was one “oil riches” website.
The website seemed legit and professional, plus I like the way they helped me calculate my future earnings. From my calculation, I was going to be a millionaire in less than 6 months from investing almost peanuts, wow! I took about 80% of my savings and bought some Liberty Reserve funds and put into the Oil Riches website.

After the first week of investing NXY,000,000 the money had multiplied by over 100%. I was feeling too happy, as it appeared too good to be true. I said to myself
“God has opened the door of oil riches for me, hallelujah!”

I never knew what HYIP meant even thoughI came across the word a few times. All I was thinking of was multiplying my investment by over 10,000% in less that 6months, become a millionaire and pursue my dreams!
I started thinking of which car to buy, who to help with money, how many room apartment I would rent or buy, other investment I would go into. I walked on the streets like someone who just hit a jackpot!
After a month, I had over x 200 of my initial investment and was feeling like a big boy. I decided it was time to change my wardrobe and have some cash at hand. I tried to withdraw $400 but it refused to accept. I kept trying to no avail. I thought maybe the website was experiencing issues so I waited until the next day to try again.

After 2 days of constantly trying, the website finally went off and was inaccessible. I didn’t want to believe that my new found source of income was a bad news, so I kept trying to withdraw for a few more days before the website finally went blank.

Those were the most traumatizing days of my life. The thought of suddenly losing almost all my money was a nightmare as vivid as reality.

A few more days, I got a mail from the website which read:

“Our site is currently being upgraded to help secure your money. All Oil Riches investors MUST invest at least 20% of their current deposit with us to be able to get access to their account. It was at that point I knew something was terribly wrong. I knew I had been scammed!.

I searched Nairaland and discovered I was not alone. People were complaining bitterly about how much they’ve lost, and how they had been warned that the site was a scam. It dawned on me that my savings which I invested was lost, and I had virtually nothing to fall back on.
I swore I would never fall for such scam again. And if it appears too good to be true, then it definitely is too good to be true.

Few years later I was earning online through other legitimate source. But I needed a boost. So I started paying attention to means of earning online again, this time, I was more careful.

That was when I heard about MMM. It promised to pay 30% of my investment if I joined MMM Nigeria, and 20% to 100% in a month if I joined MMM worldwide.

I quickly invested and hoped to earn 100% in a month. Long story short, time for withdrawal came and I asked to get help but I was never paired with anyone. One week later the website closed down and I found myself being on the losing side again.

Just last month the site reappeared and I was brought to MMM Nigeria but they refused to give me back my money. I talked with a few people and they said I should forget about the money. Legitimate Scam!
What I am trying to say is, we are the cause of our problems. I almost invested again in another website (Safe Capi) Which I suspected to be scam before the site shut down taking people’s money with it.

In this era of online boom, people are scamming each other, and no one is smiling. I’m never going into any HYIP again, but I know the best way to make it from HYIP is to put in money that won’t break your heart when you lose, lol. And get back your money, then reinvest theirs.

No one cares, it’s all man for himself out there. So before you put your money anywhere (online and offline) make sure you can bear the consequences, and know when to stop!

Source: http://umehwrites.com/short-story/short-story-how-i-was-scammed/

cc lalasticlala

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

FG Extends Online Job Application / Same-sex Marriage In Africa Is Not New, Women Have Been Marrying Themselves / #ipob Press Release:nnamdikanu Rejects Claim He Is Asking To Negotiate With Fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.