Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,291 members, 7,887,858 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:16 PM

Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia (42713 Views)

German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs / LG Launches Phone That Is More Expensive Than Iphone-x / Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by muller101(m): 10:48am On Jul 30, 2016
Assuming the boy is a nigerian probably from east or west. Mehn by now tribalistic comments will full nairaland.
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by Obiohai: 10:49am On Jul 30, 2016
TheModsAreMad:
What he created is a walkie talkie, He can't commercialize it, infact he can only use it within his domain.

there are stringent laws binding radio frequency allocation/usage, due to interference issues. He will need a license to operate.

If they told you the same thing by this same boy in US you'll swallow hook line and sinker. Why can't we applauded our own. Black mentality. Liberate

1 Like

Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by qualityovenbake(m): 10:49am On Jul 30, 2016
Walkie talkie
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by kgr8mike(m): 10:49am On Jul 30, 2016
Can u imagine
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by Jamsonille00(m): 10:49am On Jul 30, 2016
Nice work though
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by Iseoluwani: 10:50am On Jul 30, 2016
eunisam:
picture or......

Idontbeliveit

2 Likes

Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by oladipo322(m): 10:50am On Jul 30, 2016
hmm... this interesting but how possible is it..... cos am a little bit confused
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by PrinxArthur1(m): 10:51am On Jul 30, 2016
its impossible to work without other frequency interference
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by Natascha(f): 10:51am On Jul 30, 2016
Good Work!
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by annnikky(f): 10:52am On Jul 30, 2016
WomanWrappa:

Lol I'm missing you.
Honey pie hw r u doin smiley
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by Handsomecole(m): 10:55am On Jul 30, 2016
How much is the phone??
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by WomanWrappa(m): 10:55am On Jul 30, 2016
annnikky:

Honey pie hw r u doin smiley

Awwww I'm fine and u
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by TomHagen: 10:55am On Jul 30, 2016
saintneo:
that's how Mark Zuckerberg started.
Oh please.
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 30, 2016
TheModsAreMad:
What he created is a walkie talkie, He can't commercialize it, infact he can only use it within his domain.

there are stringent laws binding radio frequency allocation/usage, due to interference issues. He will need a license to operate.

You sound like someone who studied telecom engineering
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by ManTiger(m): 10:57am On Jul 30, 2016
I see someone keep saying it's a walkie talkie... i've always think about innovation like this, my friend, the report says "the device can be used to make calls without airtime or sim" and I believe it.
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by veeluv2015(f): 10:57am On Jul 30, 2016
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by annnikky(f): 10:57am On Jul 30, 2016
WomanWrappa:

Awwww I'm fine and u
Am gr8 dear smiley
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by KosiKinq(m): 10:58am On Jul 30, 2016
Pic-sure?

Or adonbilivit!
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by celeron40(m): 10:58am On Jul 30, 2016
TheModsAreMad:

Apart from the fact that no country will license a "phone" that can be used to tune into military communications.
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by Blackkie: 10:58am On Jul 30, 2016
There is no innovation we enjoy today on earth that was applauded when it was created.
Enistin was rejected by a professor in Germany but the rest is history today.

This walkie Talkie can do so many things in the future. It can be commercialized and radio frequency alloted to it with all that it needs to work.
Aint telephones doing the work of computers, Televisions and Radios today?

TheModsAreMad:

Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by Xsoleeposh(f): 11:00am On Jul 30, 2016
Lol. It Shouldn't Be On The News Then.
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by WomanWrappa(m): 11:00am On Jul 30, 2016
annnikky:

Am gr8 dear smiley
Hope you didn't flirt with another man??
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by xreal: 11:05am On Jul 30, 2016
What is his own mobile number?

An African in Namibia just had an idea of how walky-talky functions.
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 30, 2016
Obiohai:

If they told you the same thing by this same boy in US you'll swallow hook line and sinker. Why can't we applauded our own. Black mentality. Liberate

Nah, there is nothing new in what he created, Inshort it's not an invention. That's how olden days telecommunications work, until they decided to commercialize it.

Although it's still in use today but it's majorly used in the military/paramilitary.
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by Raydos: 11:07am On Jul 30, 2016
So Nah Windtime E Dey Use?? Mtchewww Fake News
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by olaztek(m): 11:12am On Jul 30, 2016
ManTiger:
I see someone keep saying it's a walkie talkie... i've always think about innovation like this, my friend, the report says "the device can be used to make calls without airtime or sim" and I believe it.
Don't believe every news u read on the internet. The only device u can use to communicate without airtime is a walkie talkie.Although free communication is possible with our cell phones just that the providers of the network has to charge money to take care of maintenance and salaries.
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by goingape: 11:13am On Jul 30, 2016
dridowu:

http://cctv-africa.com/2016/07/29/schoolboy-in-namibia-invents-phone-that-doesnt-use-airtime/

pictures if the phone!

and you want us to believe this piece of SHIIT undecided

you are sick in the Head.
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by Azord(m): 11:15am On Jul 30, 2016
saintneo:
that's how Mark Zuckerberg started.
AND
that was how he was talked to but refused to be discourage
bobo continue na small small
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by Johnny1114(m): 11:15am On Jul 30, 2016
Wow... I wouldn't say I believe it's possible but kudos to him at least his doing something productive, moreover pple who invented most the appliances we now use and misuse today started from somewhere... Either way keep up the good work bro and make us Africans proud
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by missmeek: 11:16am On Jul 30, 2016
that boy probably created a toy as craft in school... and the news be like "boy invented a phone that works without simcard " obenni... we have hear!!
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by MrErudite(m): 11:17am On Jul 30, 2016
TheModsAreMad:

Which one u build/invent ......... bad belle

Appreciate d little boy first b4 dis ur rubbish comments.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

@Bongoldeas: Cyberbully Gets Caught, Disgraced By His Victims On TV / Someone From United States Gave Me His Crypto Acct. How Real? (Screenshots) / The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.