Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,721 members, 7,972,646 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 03:01 PM

5 Lies Satan Wants You To Believe About Divorce - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Lies Satan Wants You To Believe About Divorce (1548 Views)

Delta Couple Announce Their Divorce On Facebook (Photos) / 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe / When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Lies Satan Wants You To Believe About Divorce by davit: 11:46am On Jul 30, 2016
5 Lies Satan Wants You To Believe About Divorce

One of the most painful things I see as a pastor is families torn apart by divorce.  Being a Christian doesn’t seem to insulate you from the divorce virus either.   50% of all Christian marriages will fall into divorce’s vicious snare this year too and many of them will end because of 5 lies Satan wants you to believe.

Married friends, here are 5 lies Satan will whisper in your ears to get you to call it quits on your marriage.

1.  God Wants Me To Be Happy

Satan wants you to buy into the idea that above anything else your happiness is preeminent.  He wants you to believe that the person at the office, the girl on the screen, or the guy at the gym will provide the “fun” and “happiness” that your spouse isn’t providing.  If you believe this, divorce becomes the means to obtaining the mirage known as happiness.  The truth is divorce will give you anything but happiness.  It will rob you of your joy, peace, trust, and will stain not only your life but your entire family.  Happiness is not found in the lies of Satan.

2.  My Kids Will Be Better Off

Satan wants you to look at your children and believe they would be better off if you and your spouse didn’t fight anymore and lived separately.  He whispers in your ear that if you just get rid of him or her your kids will be less stressed and will thrive!  After all don’t they deserve better?  Sadly we listen to Satan and not our kids.  Ask any kid of divorced parents (excluding abusive situations) and they will tell you the splitting of their home destroyed a piece of them.  “Better off” isn’t a perfect family with no problems it’s a family that stays together despite ups and down.  “Better off” is two parents that fight for their family and don’t bail when things get hard.  “Better off” is setting an example for your children so that they are not scared of relationships for life, but gives them an example to emulate.  “Better off” doesn’t listen to the lies of Satan.

3.  My Spouse Deserves Better

Satan wants you to be a martyr by believing the lie that your spouse deserves better than you.  He will remind you of all your wounds, baggage, and faults and then juxtapose them against what appears to be your spouse’s perfection.  He’ll tap and tap and tap against your spirit until you open the cage door on your marriage so that you can allow your spouse to fly free.  The glaring problem with that logic is that it requires you to have operation of your spouse’s mind, spirit, and decision making.  Somehow you  arrogantly put yourself in charge of what they want and you decide their future for them.  Guess what?  That ain’t your decision to make…that’s 100% theirs.  Grow up and stop listening to the lies of Satan.

4.  Things Will Never Get Better

Satan loves to tell you that your marriage is hopeless and things will never get better.  He will trap you in the darkest corner of the cave of your relationship and have you hold your hand up to your face to show you there is no hope of seeing light.  He wants you to believe that the best has already happened and the future is not bright but dark as night. So why try?  It’s better to just cut your losses, part ways, hit the reset button, and lick your wounds as you limp away.  Hopefully you can heal up enough to grab another Kleenex in the box of life and find a new partner.  One with more hope.  Can I remind you of something?  Life is tough and when you enter into marriage it becomes part of your life so therefore marriage is tough too.  Buck up buttercup and get back in the fight.  Stop making long term decisions for short term problems.  Satan is a pathetic, lying, scum of the earth whose only goal is to rob you of any hope.  Don’t give in to him when God has a light that breaks through all darkness and can sunburn your marriage with His light.

5.  Divorce Isn’t That Big Of A Deal To God

Satan’s biggest lie is that God doesn’t really care that much about your marriage and whether or not it survives.  God has bigger things to worry about than whether or not you and the Mrs last until death do you part.  He has a whole universe to keep from spiraling out of control so why in the world would He care if you leave him for the “greener grass” on the other side of the street?  The problem is that God cares about all the things that He is a part of and that He made.  Marriage is no exception.  He is the bond, the glue, the third strand, the binding force that adheres us to our spouses in good marriages and bad.  It’s a sacred union that God in fact used as the imagery for the relationship of the church on earth and Jesus himself.  Don’t believe the lie of a lonely and hopeless Satan who has no chance of reconciliation with the father.  Instead believe the Truth of the Father who gave His one and only Son not only to save you from your sin, but to save your marriage from anything it’s up against.

So stop listening to the lies of Satan and start listening to the voice of Christ telling you that you CAN make it.  Put the pen down, stop the lawyers, put an end to the finger pointing and embrace the peace found in reconciliation.  Let the God of healing do what He does best.  Heal you.

Cc: Lalasticlala Seun
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: 5 Lies Satan Wants You To Believe About Divorce by 5minsmadness: 12:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hands Op bullet proof vest.

The mob today are like those in the days of Noah, Jeremiah and Jesus. They will mock you for saying what is right, judge you for daring to preach against selfishness, and even crucify you for trying to teach proper life principles.

The mob really hasn't changed.

All the best Op.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Lies Satan Wants You To Believe About Divorce by TV01(m): 12:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
davit:
ening to the voice of Christ telling you that you CAN make it.  Put the pen down, stop the lawyers, put an end to the finger pointing and embrace the peace found in reconciliation.  Let the God of healing do what He does best.  Heal you.
A most excellent piece OP. And timely, given the preponderance of divorce advocates, home-wreckers, adulterers, spouse stealers, covenant breakers, prating baby-mamas and the like, that campaign in this section. I hope you come armed and prepared for battle grin.

TV

1 Like

Re: 5 Lies Satan Wants You To Believe About Divorce by weselomo(m): 12:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hunmmmmm
Re: 5 Lies Satan Wants You To Believe About Divorce by Greatzeus(m): 1:34pm On Jul 30, 2016
Anybody can say or write anything, its easier said than done.When it gets to your turn,hope you will refuse to believe these 5 lies? You think those divorcees are all ignorant or carnal ornsomething?
When you find yourself in the same situations, hope you will disappoint Satan? undecided

2 Likes

Re: 5 Lies Satan Wants You To Believe About Divorce by crackhaus: 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2016
6. Child/Spousal support will last forever
Re: 5 Lies Satan Wants You To Believe About Divorce by Exponental(m): 1:58pm On Jul 30, 2016
Divorce is not an envisaged plan of most couples but those who find themselves in it see it as a way forward. They may be wrong but if it brings peace, so be it.... Even the Bible supports divorce on the ground of adultery. www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/divorce-bible-verses/
I pray God's grace will keep me and my family united forever..... I love my wife so so much
Re: 5 Lies Satan Wants You To Believe About Divorce by TV01(m): 2:44pm On Jul 30, 2016
Exponental:
Divorce is not an envisaged plan of most couples but those who find themselves in it see it as a way forward.
Unfortunately, many marry these days with divorce as an "option" in mind. And marring ignorantly means it will be an outcome for many...and it's never forward as in progress undecided

Exponental:
They may be wrong but if it brings peace, so be it....
That's the whole thrust of this OP, it rarely brings true lasting peace and always a lot of hurt and pain..

Exponental:
Even the Bible supports divorce on the ground of adultery. www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/divorce-bible-verses/
No the bible does not support divorce of a consummated marriage. But even if it did, does it prescribe divorce ahead of forgiveness, reconciliation and healing

Exponental:
I pray God's grace will keep me and my family united forever..... I love my wife so so much
Roger that...and that....amen!

Greatzeus:
You think those divorcees are all ignorant or carnal ornsomething?
Yes many are. And even if it's only 1, it's worth saying.

Greatzeus:
When you find yourself in the same situations, hope you will disappoint Satan?
Well lets hope that neither he or anyone else finds themselves in that situation - understanding and preparation help here wink. And if they do, pleasing God - who gives grace - may be a better perspective than disappointing Satan undecided. You sound embittered. Pele smiley.

TV

1 Like

Re: 5 Lies Satan Wants You To Believe About Divorce by davit: 7:58am On Jul 31, 2016
TV01:
Unfortunately, many marry these days with divorce as an "option" in mind. And marring ignorantly means it will be an outcome for many...and it's never forward as in progress undecided

That's the whole thrust of this OP, it rarely brings true lasting peace and always a lot of hurt and pain..

No the bible does not support divorce of a consummated marriage. But even if it did, does it prescribe divorce ahead of forgiveness, reconciliation and healing

Roger that...and that....amen!

Yes many are. And even if it's only 1, it's worth saying.

Well lets hope that neither he or anyone else finds themselves in that situation - understanding and preparation help here wink. And if they do, pleasing God - who gives grace - may be a better perspective than disappointing Satan undecided. You sound embittered. Pele smiley.

TV

Thanks for this response.
Re: 5 Lies Satan Wants You To Believe About Divorce by Richy4(m): 5:53pm On Jul 31, 2016
I have read some trashy junk before but i must say this one takes the cake...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Newlywed Couple Celebrates Their New Life By Having S*x With Their Dog (pics) / Can You Watch Your Wife Deliver? / What Will You do If Your Wife Feeds Your Child This Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.