Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,222 members, 7,907,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 08:25 AM

NPF: When Will They Ever Be Civilised? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NPF: When Will They Ever Be Civilised? (711 Views)

The Million Swallowing Snake Has Been Arrested By NPF / NPF Train It Recruits With Wooden Guns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NPF: When Will They Ever Be Civilised? by ademoladeji(m): 2:57pm On Jul 30, 2016
Good Afternoon Nlanders,

Here is to bring to your notice one of the many negative acts of the Men-in-Black.

I boarded a bus to Oshodi from Iyana Ipaja this afternoon. On getting to Bolade Bus stop, a passenger alighted from the bus whilst a Policeman named Abun Jonah with service number 383865 (as inscribed on this badge) hopped in asking the driver to park somewhere.

The driver knowing fully well the implication of "parking somewhere" decided not to as directed. The Olopa (Policeman), having sensed that the driver has made up his mind to bolt towards Mushin, stood up, brought out a portable pepper spray and pressed it towards the driver's eyes.
This f0olish act by the Officer caused a little pandemonium in the bus because the driver was driven crazy by such act and decided to drive recklessly while the passengers were pleading with the Officer to allow the Driver reach his destination.

To worsen the situation, the senseless Policeman brought out his handcuff and started hitting it on the Driver's head thereby causing bleeding on his head. The driver still didn't stop the bus while we the passengers were pleading with both guys to calm down and stop acting recklessly.

At Cappa, by Fatai Atere's junction before the traffic light, the driver decelerates allowing a passenger to quickly alight, the Policeman jumped out think he could be fast enough to take the front seat of the bus but the Driver had his own plan hereby sped off.

The reckless driver stopped after the traffic light and apologised to us for being reckless.

We the Passengers walked back towards the Policeman telling him what he did was outta this world and should try to be civil when deal with men on steering.

Instead of him to allow peace reign, he descended on me saying I was stewpeed and the we've gat no right to tell him he was wrong. He held me by my shirt but I wanted to lift him up to slam him on the floor before I realised there were other officers around trying to know what happened.

After both of us had explained our sides of the story, he was cautioned by a senior officer asking him NEVER to spray tear-gas/pepper gas on someone while driving because it could result to loss of lives.

Well, he left in shame and arrogance but never admitted he was wrong.

Re: NPF: When Will They Ever Be Civilised? by emeijeh(m): 2:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
If you ask me....... Na who i go ask?
Re: NPF: When Will They Ever Be Civilised? by psucc(m): 3:10pm On Jul 30, 2016
Na una where dey that bus mumu pass. So you mean somebody uses spray on the driver who could lost control and kill una but 'you were pleading with him'?

Na una type the mek we no get better Aloppa for this country.
Re: NPF: When Will They Ever Be Civilised? by Oche211(m): 3:11pm On Jul 30, 2016
Police is ur nightmares.
If u are to write down all reports on police brutality in Nigeria, i don't think we will have any book to contain that.
Re: NPF: When Will They Ever Be Civilised? by ademoladeji(m): 3:16pm On Jul 30, 2016
psucc:
Na una where dey that bus mumu pass. So you mean somebody uses spray on the driver who could lost control and kill una but 'you were pleading with him'?

Na una type the mek we no get better Aloppa for this country.

What would you have done if you were in that same bus?

To push the Policeman while bus was in motion?

Beat him while on uniform?

Please, enlighten us
Re: NPF: When Will They Ever Be Civilised? by ademoladeji(m): 3:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
emeijeh:
If you ask me....... Na who i go ask?

Can you please ask Lalasticlala?

(1) (Reply)

Scammers Asking People To Pay Money For Fixed Games / How I Made 4million Naira In One Month / More Pictures From Mack Zuckerberg's Visit To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.