Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,956 members, 7,936,052 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 10:44 PM

How I Was Intimidated And Brutalised By Men Of The Armed Forces... - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Intimidated And Brutalised By Men Of The Armed Forces... (669 Views)

Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) / Woman Brutalised By Soldiers Sues Nigerian Army, Demands N250m (photos) / Journalist Brutalised By ‘One-Chance’ Robbers In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Intimidated And Brutalised By Men Of The Armed Forces... by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 30, 2016
So I was returning from work today, and there was hold up in the ever busy rumuokoro round about as customarily....

While on the qeue I suddenly heard siren and saw some men of the armed forces (a police and an army) running in front clearing the qeue for another man in a honder accord (2014 edition) to pass...
I continued minding my business , only for the police man to start hitting my car almost breaking my drivers seat window screen, shouting at me to leave the road for the "Oga" behind to pass... While I was looking for an opening to leave the queue for the big Oga, the fellow continued hitting my window screen, shouting I should leave the road. At that instant I had to fire back, and asked if he wasn't seeing I was trying to leave the qeue... Eventually I did leave the qeue, while driving on my new lane, the same man came up and threatened to shoot at my vehicle that I refused stopping for the oga pass, I had to stop and the big oga in the accord vehicle drove towards me, wind doqn his screen and signalled for me to calm down... (The said oga, happened to even be a very young man, in military fatigue ,most likely my age grade, perhaps a year or 2 older )and him and his Oga continued their journey...

I believe this is something that might have happened to many others,and is happening to the extent we now see them as the norm....
Anyways
Some thoughts came in to my mind in the heat of this..

* does that man have same right of passage as myself?
* am I not same Nigerian as he is...?
* Don't I have same right as he?
* why do we blacks take delight in unnecessary self dignity , and derive pleasure in trampling on other compatriots to show your superiority ? ( this is an attitude perculiar with blacks)
* Why do we hate ourselves so much , and everyone thinks of himself without putting the common good afore.?
* y don't we respect each other?

We cry on racism and how the whites treats us as trash and call us monkeys, redicule us and show us no respect.
But it is obvious that we blacks hates ourselves more, and even the whites treats us with respect more than we treat ourselves...

Why are the blacks like this? Why are our hearts this black?

Why why why

These thoughts just saddled my mind and I thought of coming to share , to those who care...

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Intimidated And Brutalised By Men Of The Armed Forces... by solid3(m): 5:45pm On Jul 30, 2016
Mr.... You were not brutalized.

Next.

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Intimidated And Brutalised By Men Of The Armed Forces... by maxti: 5:50pm On Jul 30, 2016
Ok
Re: How I Was Intimidated And Brutalised By Men Of The Armed Forces... by bullseye90(m): 5:51pm On Jul 30, 2016
Na Dia way. wat dey can Dia best is harass n form lord for innocent civilians
Re: How I Was Intimidated And Brutalised By Men Of The Armed Forces... by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 30, 2016
solid3:
Mr.... You were not brutalized.

Next.

OK sire, and that makes their action right?
I guess we will have to wait till I am shot or brutally assaulted and beaten to near death like an animal right?

Its high time we have started insisting on what's right... And start living and inhabiting like humans not animals... Like we meant to believe...
Re: How I Was Intimidated And Brutalised By Men Of The Armed Forces... by ministeriallist: 5:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
I thought you were brutalized. I was trying to commence investigation.
Anyway, count urself fortunate that the army officer is God fearing. Some other people weren't that lucky.

Advice:
Next time, pls don't argue with someone with a gun to avoid "accidental discharge".

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Intimidated And Brutalised By Men Of The Armed Forces... by EMMYLBANKS(m): 5:58pm On Jul 30, 2016
Am not surprise because that what their good at, to intimidate innocent civilians,lies and false story on social media
Re: How I Was Intimidated And Brutalised By Men Of The Armed Forces... by Redoil: 5:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
Such occurence is common along CMS to bar beach in lagos
Re: How I Was Intimidated And Brutalised By Men Of The Armed Forces... by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 30, 2016
ministeriallist:
I thought you were brutalized. I was trying to commence investigation.
Anyway, count urself fortunate that the army officer is God fearing. Some other people weren't that lucky.

Advice:
Next time, pls don't argue with someone with a gun to avoid "accidental discharge".

You do not start counting self lucky, we should try to come out and ask for a better living and condition in your own country ... We should stop this attitude of being forced to live under fear like animals... Comments like this causes so much contempt and pitty , I Kitty my own people cos we are forced to live like animals, it shouldn't be...

We should try to stop this, not counting ourselves lucky... I can bet you, you will never be treated like that in a foreign land (Europe) , why should u be in ur own home and start counting your self lucky...
Bro, pls grow up in your thinking...

1 Like

Re: How I Was Intimidated And Brutalised By Men Of The Armed Forces... by ministeriallist: 6:20pm On Jul 30, 2016
Raymondenyi:

You do not start counting self lucky, we should try to come out and ask for a better living and condition in your own country ... We should stop this attitude of being forced to live under fear like animals... Comments like this causes so much contempt and pitty , I Kitty my own people cos we are forced to live like animals, it shouldn't be...

We should try to stop this, not counting ourselves lucky... I can bet you, you will never be treated like that in a foreign land (Europe) , why should u be in ur own home and start counting your self lucky...
Bro, pls grow up in your thinking...
I've once tried growing up and thinking like you advised but you will be surprised if I tell you what happened as a result. Many people have tried to "grow up and thinking" like you but they never lived to tell the story.
Don't run away from the fact that we live in an unjust society. You can only fight for your right when you have the capacity. While every act of oppression must be condemned, we need to be more careful as well.
My own advice though.
Re: How I Was Intimidated And Brutalised By Men Of The Armed Forces... by GiantParrot(m): 6:26pm On Jul 30, 2016
Raymondenyi:

* Why do we hate ourselves
But it is obvious that we blacks hates ourselves more, and even the whites treats us with respect more than we treat ourselves...

Why are the blacks like this? Why are our hearts this black?

Why why why

This is on point. The average black man is extremely selfish and oppressive. His ultimate aim is to ascend a position where every other black man will worship him. Even when he has absolutely nothing useful in his head. That's why our society will never improve. I have never seen an enemy of truth like the average black man. He is only good at ruining the institutions handed over to him.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lady Shares Her Ordeal In A New Scam Getting Rampant In Lagos / 18-year-old Girl Gruesomely Murdered By Suspected Ritualistskenya-(photos) / Abia Tragedy: Popular Hunter Died After Police Brutality, Picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.