Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,719 members, 7,975,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 11:57 AM

US Donate 6 Laptops To EFCC A Shame In Disguise - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Donate 6 Laptops To EFCC A Shame In Disguise (718 Views)

Between EFCC & A Twitter User Who Is Displeased Over Oil Thieves 120 Year Jail / US Donates Six Laptops To EFCC / It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Donate 6 Laptops To EFCC A Shame In Disguise by ayokujero: 8:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
Except there's a special security arrangement between the United States Government and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Nigeria, this is a new low. Six laptops? Really, six laptops? A laptop on the average goes for £500 and they donated six to a very sensitive agency and they received it gladly. We don't have £3000 Sterling to buy laptops right? Yet Ibrahim Magu the EFCC Chief could rent an apartment in Abuja for 41 Million Nigerian Naira and furnish it with 42 Million Nigerian Naira. Just look at him smiling sheepishly to the cameras. When will our victim mentality end? When will we rise beyond these pedestrian attitudes?

Last year, Nigeria lost $US430 Million, about 127 Billion Naira to Cybercrime related activities. About 60% of this were Identity-related and the Consumer Protection Council haven't said anything about it. When will all the disparate data entry points in Nigeria from the Immigrations, to Customs begin to federate users identities? This lethargy is silly, this stupidity is getting out of hand. You open up your nation for foreigners to take advantage. Where's your sense of self-worth? How would these laptops streamline their efforts and improve their efficiences? Six laptops? I'm miffed! I know there's little or no security in Nigeria, the six laptops bait is just too cheap. If you don't believe me, read Wikileaks Cable and see Nigerian leaders running their mouth to American Embassy officials without any sense of patriotism or self-worth.

The officers there aren't thinking of espionage, data theft etc? Receiving a Greek gift such as this exposes Nigeria to cyber-attacks. I'm sure as soon as those laptops are connected to EFCC's network, the United States Department of States will remotely monitor every occurrence in that agency, by and large the country. EFCC has a backdoor access to the financial clearing houses, commercial banks, our BVN data that houses our biometric information and what have you. Oh, our leaders are very shameless. I'm very annoyed right now.

P.S ---> You can't send a gift to any government except they requested it. EFCC must have told the donor they needed PCs. They become so blind to the national security implication of receiving those things. I'm actually amazed how this people represent us and our loved ones and run our collective destinies.
Re: US Donate 6 Laptops To EFCC A Shame In Disguise by Cutehector(m): 9:03pm On Jul 31, 2016
Have u asked urself if those laptops are highly efficient and programmed for crime control?

1 Like

Re: US Donate 6 Laptops To EFCC A Shame In Disguise by Tunami(m): 9:03pm On Jul 31, 2016
Some idiots will still come here and call the o.p a wailer or ipod but he's saying the truth.
Re: US Donate 6 Laptops To EFCC A Shame In Disguise by dannyben5: 9:06pm On Jul 31, 2016
So, na so we con poor reach....chai...

Re: US Donate 6 Laptops To EFCC A Shame In Disguise by GMBuhari: 9:31pm On Jul 31, 2016
People are funny

USA donates Laptop to crime fighters in Nigeria (EFCC)

In some people's mind, it's a 50k Used laptop

what if it's a dedicated rugged laptop with Satellite uplink programmed in it ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Donate 6 Laptops To EFCC A Shame In Disguise by psucc(m): 9:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
GMBuhari:
People are funny

USA donates Laptop to crime fighters in Nigeria (EFCC)

In some people's mind, it's a 50k Used laptop

what if it's a dedicated rugged laptop with Satellite uplink programmed in it ?
Guy no matter the ruggedness of the said PCs, it is not worth it. Six laptops and we are clapping for them? No

Get the OP's opinion that those systems may be embedded with secret codes that may compromise our data and of course. betrays our national integrity and sovereignty.

If you can follow the US -Snowden saga, you might be better informed.
Re: US Donate 6 Laptops To EFCC A Shame In Disguise by Oksman(m): 9:29pm On Aug 01, 2016
@ op, just like you are concerned so am i, but my fear is not even about the cost but the motive. In the late 70s and early 80s, xerox
machined supplied copiers to the former Soviet Union (USSR), unknown to them these machines were embedded with highly sophisticated scanners that were remotely uploading all photocopied documents to the CIA headquaters in the U.S. When the Russians discovered the chip during a maintenance schedule, they had to disable it and when they checked other copiers, they also discovered that they were mole copiers and ofcourse you can predict the reaction of the soviets when they found out that the americans were secretly monitoring them without their knowledge. To me, i see those lappys as more of a GREEK GIFT and not any form of US assistance to the EFCC.

1 Like

Re: US Donate 6 Laptops To EFCC A Shame In Disguise by ayodurodola(m): 3:29pm On Aug 03, 2016
Those laptops contain NERCS software.......stop being stupid please. They are not just ordinary laptops.
NERCS is the National Intelligence and Criminal Record System.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Military: Some Officers Selling Arms To Boko Haram / Adams Oshiomhole: A Review Of His Stewardship / Ibori To Rot In Jail, Despite Police Bribery Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.