Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,133 members, 7,880,559 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:01 PM

Tell Me About Yourself: How To Respond - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Tell Me About Yourself: How To Respond (1977 Views)

Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond / 7 Tips To Help You Answer The Interview Question, “tell Me About Yourself” / How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Me About Yourself: How To Respond by JOBSINNAIJA: 12:19pm On Aug 01, 2016
There are often thousands of applicants/candidates applying to same job opportunities in Nigeria, being invited for an interview for a position you applied for is often exciting. Adequate preparation is necessary to increase chances of selection. “Tell me about yourself” is one of the most frequently asked interview question. Responding accurately will often determine the direction of other questions to follow. No doubt, this is one of the most challenging questions in an interview as one often wonders what the interviewer really wants to know.
The most crucial information to note is that the interviewer wants information that is relevant to the job you're interviewing for. The secret to responding favorably to this question is to prepare your script before the interview, practice answering the question and remaining focused during the interview. Begin by talking about past experiences and proven success.
Focus on what you will bring to the company (Skills): Do not ramble on about your personal life. The interviewer is not interested in your family, kids, and hobbies at this point. Emphasize on your work experience and how you can bring that experience to the new company. Elaborate on strengths you have that are pertinent to this job (experiences, traits, skills, etc). Examples of qualities to emphasize are:
- Skillful in communications and connecting with people.
- Strong background and proven success with customer relationships.
- Reputation for meeting deadlines.
- Increased sales
Never talk about what the company will do for you: The interviewer wants to know how you can be of benefit to the company. Yes, you may be looking for a company that offers growth opportunities; however, you do not want to give the impression that you are there to reap benefits. The interviewer will wonder how long you will stay before moving on to better opportunities.

After the interview, you want to leave the interviewer satisfied with information you have provided about yourself. Therefore, practice your script well before the interview and sell yourself to the interviewer.
Read more here:
https://jobsinnaija.com/2016/08/01/tell-me-about-yourself-how-to-answer-this-common-interview-question/

For More Free Interview Tips and latest Job updates go to www.jobsinnaija.com

Please share your experience and tips with other job seekers.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Me About Yourself: How To Respond by JOBSINNAIJA: 1:00pm On Aug 01, 2016

1 Like

Re: Tell Me About Yourself: How To Respond by JOBSINNAIJA: 11:09am On Aug 17, 2016
Share your experience with this question. Have you ever been asked?
Re: Tell Me About Yourself: How To Respond by JOBSINNAIJA: 8:31am On Sep 07, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Commercial Bank Front Desk Officers Needed (HND/Bsc Only) / Online Sales Representatives Needed / Which Do You Prefer: Online Application Or Dropping Of Cv In Offices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.