Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,211 members, 7,880,770 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:34 AM

Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri (20841 Views)

NDLEA Impound Truckload Of Tramadol In Benue / Customs Impound Smuggled Goods Worth N607 Million (photos) / Customs Impound 31 Containers Of Rice At Lagos Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by jrusky(m): 3:59pm On Aug 01, 2016
Bolustic:
Won't be surprised some Nigerians would condemn the Customs, they'll come with their regular slogan of WITCH-HUNT, MARGINALISATION, GENOCIDE, NORTHERNIZATION, ISLAMISATION

Bro you are right but another problem is how are we sure its not not bribery disagreement that lead to this show of services they are claiming because I have witnessed where a custom demanded for cash and the owner of the goods failed to agree with their demand and the custom went straight to office and called the good contraband before the owner of the container knows it his name and good already on newspaper every attempt for him to tell the truth of the situation was blocked by the Custom officials the rest was story, goods worth millions of naira same goods that has be passing the same route for years through custom constant checks and passed suddenly became contraband goods so bro I don't trust anybody called custom or police in Nigeria.
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 01, 2016
kk
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 01, 2016
I understand the rationale behind banning foodstuff to encourage local production etc.
but the truth is the average Nigerian will NEVER go and start poiltry or do any back breaking work to feed himself talk more of wanting to improve the economy. Truth is agriculture is not for everyone . It takes patience and gaining the knowledge. Who has that patience when we all want to get rich quick.

Oya now Ill will wait for one uncouth mòròn with the manners of a sailor to come abuse me for airing my views. Im ready #lockedandloadedbaby

1 Like

Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by kossyablaze(m): 4:03pm On Aug 01, 2016
Bolustic:
Won't be surprised some Nigerians would condemn the Customs, they'll come with their regular slogan of WITCH-HUNT, MARGINALISATION, GENOCIDE, NORTHERNIZATION, ISLAMISATION
stop tribal bigotry. U won't listen. U av a bright future buh this would derail it.The way u go about it fumes hate in u.
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by anapt: 4:03pm On Aug 01, 2016
nice grin
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by nkemdi89(f): 4:04pm On Aug 01, 2016
No wonder there was scarcity of Turkey and chicken at the school road market yesterday, burning and diversion things, avutu poultry provide us chicken.
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by shamecurls(m): 4:06pm On Aug 01, 2016
Bolustic:

This is an injustice to the Indigenous People of Biafra

Why is Buhari marginalizing us! Cant we eat frozen foods again?

This is witch-hunting because Buhari is trying to Islamize Nigeria, he does not want us to eat poultry product.

ICJ must hear to this

The land of The rising sun must eat Frozen Turkey whether Buhari likes it or not!

Chukwu Okike Abiama will guide us!
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by rajioyebamiji77: 4:06pm On Aug 01, 2016
Good
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by zeedof(m): 4:09pm On Aug 01, 2016
How can I get this job... don't get me wrong... just like it because it requires less risk unlike army, airforce and co also have respect unlike NPF.... wish I can get the job
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by yemmit90: 4:09pm On Aug 01, 2016
@acidocis, What exactly is your point?

Do you think anyone would be encourage to invest in Poultry by allow these dangerous products that could be easily produced( in millions ) in less than 8 weeks into our country?

I'm assuring you today, in the next 2 years, Nigeria will produce enough poultry products to meet her market demand.
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by grodt999: 4:20pm On Aug 01, 2016
ibos smuggling more poisonous goods to kill nigerians
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 01, 2016
Lukmann1:
undecided
after impounded it, they will still shared the money between all other themselves.
bros why?
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by mathskill: 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2016
Acidosis:
Many Nigerian leaders lack wisdom..

How can you bury these products because someone somewhere concocted some stories about preservation?

How else do companies preserve food products? Scientists preserve Fish (Sardine), we preserve Tin tomatoes, we preserve Milk, etc.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with food preservation. The NCS boss acted dumbly by assuming that chemicals meant for dead bodies were used on those packaged products, without any empirical testing. Why don't you hire a food scientist or science lab tech guys to prove that? Why bury products on dum.b hearsays??

If your country feels threatened with importation of frozen foods, then divert these products to IDPs and the less privileges in the society.

When fuel marketers hoard petroleum products, regulators do not set these outlets ablaze for violating the law. What they do is to dispense fuel FOC to commuters.

By the way, I'm one of the few who believe poultry farms in Nigeria cannot serve the demand. The statistics are there, but like any other sector, we proudly and f00lishly believe Nigeria is truly an African giant. Nigeria is the worst nation in Africa in terms of aquaculture production. Nigeria is the greatest importer of fish, and diary products in Africa. When we produce 1%, we need at least 99% of importation for sustenance.

Let no one deceive you Nigerians. The chicken, and Titus fish you eat daily are ALL imported.

Look at the graph below and see where the so called Africa Giant lies. We keep deceiving ourselves daily, while f00ling ourselves amongst other silent African countries.

The same applies to tourism industry in the country. At the sound of Calabar, we wrongly and f00lishly assume Nigeria is a giant in Africa, without looking at statistics. In Africa, Nigeria is one of the the worst nation in terms of Tourism contributions to GDP. Nigeria is ranked the lowest in the Table in Africa. Until we begin to tell ourselves the truth, we will continue to lag behind.

Whether you bury these products, the probability that we will continue to eat frozen imported chicken remains at 1. Bury it or not, the local and available product cannot meet the demand. Tell yourself the truth, and stop acting like a commando for burying edible products. It is f00lish.

One company will just wake up tomorrow and produce 10 bags of Nassarawa rice and people will start shouting "proudly Naija", "ban importation", LOLZ!! Rice that is not even enough to feed one boarding school in Ogun state in 1 week. Lol.

If you are ready to break the law be ready to pay the price.
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by Emyogalanya: 4:54pm On Aug 01, 2016
Na igbos now why won't they impound it. And don't u dare preach the contraband/local content here. Cos 250 trailers of cows and beans consumed in lagos and other parts of Nigeria daily are actually imported duty free from the north via Sudan, c.a.r, Niger, and chad and Cameroon. Why not ban cows to and develope local content. United nations pls take note
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by Emyogalanya: 4:55pm On Aug 01, 2016
Na igbos now why won't they impound it. And don't u dare preach the contraband/local content here. Cos 250 trailers of cows and beans consumed in lagos and other parts of Nigeria daily are actually imported duty free from the north via Sudan, c.a.r, Niger, and chad and Cameroon. Why not ban cows to and develope local content. Tomorrow if they import drugs still bashing wetin make we do again. United nations pls take note
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by bolayei: 5:17pm On Aug 01, 2016
Please someone educate me, is poul[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]try product contraban :oor illegal? If contraband based on import then its the customs fault for allowing it cross so some custom officers are meant to be punished because it crossed, if its not illegal to have poultries in nigeria then I will asume its not illegal to have frozen poultry product..so what is the point of seizing? it is wrong to seize something that is legal to own but contraband to import. What if someone buys it from obj farm and need to take it to owerri, they will seize it because its contraband?
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by okpurukata(f): 5:35pm On Aug 01, 2016
Where in this write up did they mention Owerri? What I saw is Benin o.

1 Like

Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by teelacruz(m): 5:54pm On Aug 01, 2016
Chai, so this is where they took brother errrm market too, customs can lie.
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by mokset123: 5:59pm On Aug 01, 2016
Why can't we invest such amount in establishing poultry farms in Nigeria, rather than these wasteful investment.
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by x12345678x: 6:16pm On Aug 01, 2016
Zico5:
Can u imagine that some people are still defending this very act. I don't know how may people that may die if the poultry products are released into the state. Criminal has no alternative no matter what. Let's join hands together and map out fraud and crime from south east.
Not to bother u sir, but if I may ask...which food professional tested n affirmed dat those products where unhealthy for consumption. Thanks I await ur answer
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by henrynick(m): 6:20pm On Aug 01, 2016
counsellorwiser:
How odd that a hungry nation is happy destroying foods that could save millions of starving malnourished Nigerians. They claim,that they are harmful, but we all know that's a general and lazy declaration. Have they tested this particular batch to ascertain if it is harmful too? Is it not more sensible to seize them, test their human consumption safety, and then distribute to IDP's and orphanages across the country if they are not harmful?

Wasting what you do have in surplus is surplus stupidity.

Do you know why they destroy those bleeped up food ?? Do your research those chicken are already dead from China .....like the way we have baba bola that walk around picking trash.....that's how some hungry Chinese people go around farms picking dead poultry and.......wash dem with dirty water they use to take their baths add color bag the shit up and ship it to Africa Ghana Togo Benin and Nigeria.....a video of how they do this circulated in Ghana last two years and there was an uproar .....its on YouTube look for it and stop saying shit slowpoke
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by counsellorwiser(m): 6:26pm On Aug 01, 2016
henrynick:

Do you know why they destroy those bleeped up food ?? Do your research those chicken are already dead from China .....like the way we have baba bola that walk around picking trash.....that's how some hungry Chinese people go around farms picking dead poultry and.......wash dem with dirty water they use to take their baths add color bag the shit up and ship it to Africa Ghana Togo Benin and Nigeria.....a video of how they do this circulated in Ghana last two years and there was an uproar .....its on YouTube look for it and stop saying shit slowpoke

Kid, if I lashed out at you in kind now, like a baby you would run to the mods for succour.
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by counsellorwiser(m): 6:27pm On Aug 01, 2016
henrynick:

Kid, if I lashed out at you in kind now, like a baby, you would run to the mods for succour. Choose your words carefully or stay off my lane. angry
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by henrynick(m): 6:32pm On Aug 01, 2016
counsellorwiser:

Kid, if I lashed out at you in kind now, like a baby, you would run to the mods for succour. Choose your words carefully or stay off my lane. angry

Fvck the mods .....you re saying sh#t and I'm trying to show you the light....everything nah government fault!!!!
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by counsellorwiser(m): 6:33pm On Aug 01, 2016
henrynick:

Fvck the mods .....you re saying sh#t and I'm trying to show you the light....everything nah government fault!!!!

Twisted mind, scamper off!
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by luka1981(m): 6:50pm On Aug 01, 2016
I just want to believe they are just taking pictures and later they will excavate those things to sale.
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by solpat(m): 6:52pm On Aug 01, 2016
embarassedembarassedembarassed

Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by freeze001(f): 7:17pm On Aug 01, 2016
grodt999:
ibos smuggling more poisonous goods to kill nigerians

No name was given; the goods were impounded at Benin. Learn to read and stop blurting out ur blind ethnocentric sentiments.
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 01, 2016
Lukmann1:
undecided
after impounded it, they will still shared the money between all other themselves.
.baba wassup na ..wetin u dey talk ?
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by Lukmann1: 8:03pm On Aug 01, 2016
armylord:
.baba wassup na ..wetin u dey talk ?
ok i meaned them cannot be trust, them will shared whatever they seize among one another.
Re: Customs Impound Smuggled Poultry Products Worth Over N268m In Owerri by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:16pm On Aug 01, 2016
counsellorwiser:
How odd that a hungry nation is happy destroying foods that could save millions of starving malnourished Nigerians. They claim,that they are harmful, but we all know that's a general and lazy declaration. Have they tested this particular batch to ascertain if it is harmful too? Is it not more sensible to seize them, test their human consumption safety, and then distribute to IDP's and orphanages across the country if they are not harmful?

Wasting what you do not have in surplus is surplus stupidity.

From the article...

The Customs Comptroller, who spoke of the consequences usually associated with the consumption of foreign frozen poultry products preserved with chemicals meant for the preservation of dead bodies...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Landlord’s Son Beats Tenant To Death In Ondo / Enugu Man Ifeanyi Omeke Arrested While Trying To Steal 15-Month Old Baby / Nigerian Army Denies Arresting Notorious Cultist, Bobrisky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.