Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,213 members, 7,873,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:46 PM

How To Embbed Gps In A Search Engine(j2me) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Embbed Gps In A Search Engine(j2me) (1638 Views)

Programming Competition: Search Engine Task. Rewards up for grabs. / Is Nairaland Becoming A Search Engine? / This Is My 1st Web App Ever - A Search Engine For Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Embbed Gps In A Search Engine(j2me) by Skywalker5(m): 5:46pm On Sep 20, 2009
Hi
i need assitance.i am designing a search engine for mbile phone and i need to do a gps search engine. here is how its suppose to work

once gps has been activated on a mobile phone and it takes pictures. Instead of saving the picture as image001,image002. it saves with the gps coordinate. the problem here is how do i design the search engine to search for pictures based on location.e.g searching for pic taken in london only. i have not used the gps before but i need somone with broad knowledge to explain how i could design this gps search with my mobile phone search.
Re: How To Embbed Gps In A Search Engine(j2me) by femu(m): 10:53pm On Sep 20, 2009
I presume u are using a phone with an embedded GPS, if not you will have to use a web service to get your coordinates.U will need a "mapping"(to associate) between the GPS coordinates/city name and the Image.If you're using J2ME the RecordStore with some tricks will help u out.Its quite easy
Re: How To Embbed Gps In A Search Engine(j2me) by McGURU: 1:37am On Sep 21, 2009
As was mentioned above,you will need to use co-ordinate mapping of gps data to geographical location. Your midlet will snap,store image and send gps data to a web dbase. Engine then queries dbase and gets picture based on gps data map that to tallies with searched town.
Re: How To Embbed Gps In A Search Engine(j2me) by Skywalker5(m): 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2009
Thanks for ur reply. i am kind of new to the java world and i am doing a project on it. i am to have certain features on the phones like timestamp and rss feeds which i understand how i will do that.Although i have not yet designed it fully. the problem is the gps search engine which can search for pictures due to the location it was taken. The co ordinates are saved on the images quite alright but its how to retrieve it from the search engine that is the problem.
There are a lot of coordinates that would be saved if snapping pic. how do i do it to specify on just one particular location?
Re: How To Embbed Gps In A Search Engine(j2me) by MaJBlige(f): 7:36am On Jan 10, 2011
try http://www.ceaser-web.com. Ask them questions.

(1) (Reply)

2d Top Down Game Looking For Members / Nairaland Has Changed My Name From Pc Guru To Pcguru1 / Important For All, See How To Make Huge Money Everyday. Click Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.