Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,357 members, 7,888,134 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:12 PM

Double Jeopardy For Nigeria, Militants Bomb More Pipelines, Oil Prices Tumble - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Double Jeopardy For Nigeria, Militants Bomb More Pipelines, Oil Prices Tumble (1643 Views)

Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities / Breaking News: Niger Delta Militants Bomb Agip, Aiteo 600,000bpd Facility / Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Double Jeopardy For Nigeria, Militants Bomb More Pipelines, Oil Prices Tumble by bukifemi1: 9:02am On Aug 02, 2016
Ejiofor Alike with agency reports

Nigeria was confronted with the prospect of double jeopardy monday, when Anglo-Dutch oil multinational, Shell, confirmed that suspected militants believed to be from the Niger Delta attacked its Trans Ramos Pipeline (TRP) in Delta State on Saturday night.

This came as concerns mounted over oil prices, as United States crude tumbled monday below $40 per barrel for the first time since April, with both Brent and US crude prices falling by nearly four per cent.

The latest slump in oil prices followed heightened fears of an oil glut after a survey suggested that crude oil output from the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) reached record highs in July.

It was also certain to raise concerns among managers of the Nigerian economy who had predicated the 2016 budget on oil benchmark price of $38 per barrel...

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/08/02/double-jeopardy-for-nigeria-militants-bomb-more-pipelines-oil-prices-tumble/

Re: Double Jeopardy For Nigeria, Militants Bomb More Pipelines, Oil Prices Tumble by zinofyno: 9:08am On Aug 02, 2016
This country need God ooo :oThis country need God ooo
Re: Double Jeopardy For Nigeria, Militants Bomb More Pipelines, Oil Prices Tumble by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 02, 2016
I thought d Nigerian Army Killed over 200 Millitants Yesterday. Poor Yorubas. I feel sorry.. Leave my Oil i go drink am after i chop fish.

10 Likes

Re: Double Jeopardy For Nigeria, Militants Bomb More Pipelines, Oil Prices Tumble by ogasnow: 9:54am On Aug 02, 2016
uupgrade:
I thought d Nigerian Army Killed over 200 Millitants Yesterday. Poor Yorubas. I feel sorry.. Leave my Oil i go drink am after i chop fish.

Congratulations my Brother. That was Delta bah? Exactly what Yoruba was saying. So many of your brothers were slaughtered by the armed forces putting a brutal dent to their criminal enterprise in Ikorodu. Limit such criminal behavior to where your parents, brothers and sisters are domiciled.

Please visit such bombing on more facilities in your region so you can have enough oil to go with your fish.

Congratulations once again and God bless.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Double Jeopardy For Nigeria, Militants Bomb More Pipelines, Oil Prices Tumble by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 02, 2016
ogasnow:

Congratulations my Brother. That was Delta bah? Exactly what Yoruba was saying. So many of your brothers were slaughtered by the armed forces putting a brutal dent to their criminal enterprise in Ikorodu. Limit such criminal behavior to where your parents, brothers and sisters are domiciled.

Please visit such bombing on more facilities in your region so you can have enough oil to go with your fish.

y edey pain u pass me

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Double Jeopardy For Nigeria, Militants Bomb More Pipelines, Oil Prices Tumble by Dainfamous: 10:00am On Aug 02, 2016
Militant attack SW again yesterday check vanguard news
Re: Double Jeopardy For Nigeria, Militants Bomb More Pipelines, Oil Prices Tumble by NwaNimo1(m): 10:16am On Aug 02, 2016
That's why the FG are to raise thhe PMS price next week
Re: Double Jeopardy For Nigeria, Militants Bomb More Pipelines, Oil Prices Tumble by ogasnow: 10:23am On Aug 02, 2016
uupgrade:
y edey pain u pass me

Omomoh abi na KingDavid. E dey pain me for your parents and brothers wey leave that way come die like ram for Yoruba side on top criminality matter.

2 Likes

Re: Double Jeopardy For Nigeria, Militants Bomb More Pipelines, Oil Prices Tumble by knightsTempler: 10:51am On Aug 02, 2016
Na wa oh !

Re: Double Jeopardy For Nigeria, Militants Bomb More Pipelines, Oil Prices Tumble by dreamwords: 11:04am On Aug 02, 2016
ogasnow:

grin
Its ur Yoruba brothers in s.West that were bombed grin.
No nda avengers in south west
https://www.nairaland.com/3263397/avengers-not-south-west-gani#48106974
Re: Double Jeopardy For Nigeria, Militants Bomb More Pipelines, Oil Prices Tumble by Vicadonis(m): 11:04am On Aug 02, 2016
There is problem. Nigeria needs to diversify in time or else 2017 will be worse. There is too much hunger in the land already
Re: Double Jeopardy For Nigeria, Militants Bomb More Pipelines, Oil Prices Tumble by Litmus: 11:59am On Aug 02, 2016
If you want to archive the best results in life in whatever project you set for yourself, watch out for three of nature's waning flags - Overconfidence, a sudden good idea, and not questioning alternatives. The people of Delta State seem mute in the face of these unknown people blowing up their resources and damaging the environment, confident that it is for their own benefit in the long run. Some Deltans seem to think it is a good idea if the Nation's economy is destroyed -because they don't believe in Nigeria - never mind that in the process the area is set back decades. In all of this, few Deltans question the future of oil as the Worlds primary energy source in the next ten years let alone twenty, which is the reasonable time scale for a Delta Republic to be fought for and established, assuming the people blowing up things are not self interested thieves.

The future of oil isn't good, people don't seem to realize because they're not keeping an eye on technological developments. One of the mistakes people of African descent seem to continually make and never learn from, whether it be in inner cities America, Britain, Europe or mainstream Africa, is the destroying of their local infrastructures which cost billions over time. Because of this, there's stagnation and no progress after the insurrection since the infrastructure which should have been built upon and added to has to be rebuilt. It typically takes decades and precious billions to return to the former poor level which caused the insurrection in the first place. By this time, people begin to complain again about why it has taken so long to progress, forgetting that they had to spend additional decades to return to the former poor level, which took a preceding many decades to arrive at.

When in a few years time oil no longer earns significantly what will be used to rebuild Delta infrastructures which is being destroyed now and which ought to be preserved, no mater how poor, in order to save money in the future ?
Re: Double Jeopardy For Nigeria, Militants Bomb More Pipelines, Oil Prices Tumble by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 02, 2016
ogasnow:

Omomoh abi na KingDavid. E dey pain me for your parents and brothers wey leave that way come die like ram for Yoruba side on top criminality matter.

lol. How u take know my brothers. No dead body to show us.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Abdulsalam Abubakar,IBB,Gov Bello As Aisha Buhari Launches Cancer Foundation(Pix / Gov Ortom Orders His Aides To Beat A Girl Who Begged Him 2 Pay Workers(pics / Rivers Rerun: Some Of The Results On Inec Official Sheet (pics).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.