Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,823 members, 7,972,947 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 11:17 PM

Ikono Chair 'rescues' Security Village. ...as Dpo, Others Give Him Thumbs Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikono Chair 'rescues' Security Village. ...as Dpo, Others Give Him Thumbs Up (348 Views)

Amah Daniel, Youngest DPO In Nigeria, Who Wowed The IGP, Idris [SEE PICS] / Ikono Chair 'rescues' Security Village. ...as Dpo, Others Give Him Thumbs Up / World Bank Gives Kachikwu Thumbs Up On NNPC Reforms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ikono Chair 'rescues' Security Village. ...as Dpo, Others Give Him Thumbs Up by winningsch(m): 9:57am On Aug 02, 2016
Ikono Caretaker Committee Chairman, Mr. Itoro Columba on Monday embarked on an extensive inspection tour of the Ikono Security Village, expressing satisfaction on the quick fix direct labor intervention designed to keep the place clean, green and habitable in tune with the mandate of his office as handed down by the Governor.

Mr. Columba, who was accompanied on the tour by members of the caretaker committee, some management staff members of the council and the DPO restated his decision to fix the security village which was borne out of his love for a clean working environment.

He said; “our decision to fix this place was borne out of our love for a clean working environment and in keeping with the mandate of our boss the Governor who had tasked us to do all in our powers to add value to governance at the third tier, the brevity of our tenure and paucity of funds notwithstanding."

“When I came here on inspection recently, I was shocked at the state of the facility and I set out to clean it up. The facility which was enveloped by a thick forest, had became a safe haven for rodents, reptiles and the like,” he said.

"Today we have rescued this public infrastructure from decay and have delivered for ourselves a clean, green and habitable environment to God's glory. I however wish to register my displeasure at the attitude of the council laborers. We can't continue to incur these extra costs on outsourcing maintenance of our infrastructure when we have people in our payroll who should do the job. We simply can't continue like this. I am wiling to support every staff members of this council to do their work but there must be that commitment on their part. Our job as the Governor's ambassadors in Ikono is to replicate the fine Ideals of our boss and improve upon their quality of lives. Everyone must be involved".

He promised not to allow the security village or any of the Council properties and facilities to degenerate to such a terrible state anymore.

Earlier, the DPO in charge of Ikono, Irmiya Asimiya, thanked the Chairman for the good work he is doing in the council and encouraged him to continue the good work.

He said, "living here was not easy at all. My boys and I had to struggle with rodents and reptiles to survive or at least get a sleep. Before now, if you were told that human beings live here, you will never believe. Reptiles and other animals shared rooms among themselves and lived very comfortably as if the house was built for them, while we who the house was built for were left to suffer. When the new Chairman came, just as i have told the head of Service in private, things began to change."

The DPO described the Security Village as a safe place to live now and encouraged members of the council executive to move in with them as there is nothing to fear again.

Also, the supervisor for health and social services, Mrs. Comfort Etok expressed her joy in the God-sent Chairman who has allowed God use him to restore sanity to the place. She added that with the present development, Ikono people would be proud of their own.

There is indeed no doubting the fact that God has answered the prayers of Ikono people by sending Mr. Itoro Columba shine as light to the land and as the people would say, 'uwanaadi'.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Speak Your Mind!!obasanjo, BABANGIDA & BUHARI!!! / "You Did Nothing" / Buhari To Re-launch War Against Indiscipline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.