Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,750 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:51 AM

Budget Padding Saga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget Padding Saga (551 Views)

EFCC Invites Abdulmumin Jibrin Over Budget Padding (Photo) / Dogara Sacks Abdulmumin Jibrin Over Budget Padding / EFCC Probes N60bn ‘budget Padding’ Vote For Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Budget Padding Saga by HtwoOw: 11:44am On Aug 02, 2016

Buhari's refusal to sign budget vs the Baba Go slow campaign on twitter

W A S BABA REALLY GOING SLOW ?? Revelations are shocking !!

Like for Baba Was Moving slow to remove corruption or share to indicate baba is still not going fast enough

PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has vowed to severe­ly punish all those involved in the “padding” of the 2016 budget, describing their ac­tions as disappointing and embarrassing.

He spoke in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Tues­day while addressing the Ni­gerian community.The President, who described those behind the distortion as those with “entrenched interests,” said the unauthorized alterations had completely changed the document from the one he presented to the National Assembly. He said: “The culprits will not go unpunished. I have been a military governor, petroleum minister, military Head of State and headed the Petroleum Trust Fund.

“Never had I heard the words “budget padding”. Our Minister of Budget and National Planning did a great job with his team. The min­ister became almost half his size during the time, working night and day to get the budget ready, only for some people to pad it.

What he gave us was not what was finally being debated. It is very embarrassing and disappointing. We will not allow those who did it to go unpunished,” Bu­hari vowed.

“We have zero tolerance for corruption and other un­ethical practices. We will deal decisively with anybody found wanting,” he said.
President Buhari also briefed his audience on his administration’s efforts to end the Boko Haram insur­gency.

“Our Armed Forces have done a great job of dealing decisively with Boko Haram. We are collaborating with our neighbours in the operations of the Multinational Joint Task Force to handle secu­rity threats in the West Afri­can sub-region and we have significantly destroyed the capacity of the insurgents,” he said.

A former chairman of House Committee on Appropriation, Abdulmumin Jibrin, has released more documents about the unfolding budget padding scandal in the House.

Mr. Jibrin said the documents confirmed his claims that some lawmakers manipulated line items in the 2016 Appropriation Bill.
Mr. Jibrin became a whistleblower following his controversial removal as chair of the crucial committee.

In one of the documents, Chris Azubago, Appropriation Committee’s deputy chairman, allegedly canvassed up to N109 million worth of ‘constituency’ projects for his Nnewi North Federal Constituency in Anambra State.

A list of several other lawmakers and how they allegedly sponsored projects scattered across several ministries, departments and agencies were also captured by the leaked documents.

The House has remained under fire from Mr. Jibrin since July 21, a day after he was removed as chair of the committee.

Speaker Yakubu Dogara, his deputy, Yusuf Lasun, House Whip, Alhassan Doguwa and Minority Leader, Leo Orgor, have remained Mr. Jibrin’s main target in his campaign, which has so far triggered separate investigations from law enforcement agencies.

Mr. Azubago told PREMIUM TIMES he had not done anything “untoward in allocating projects to my constituency,” saying Mr. Jibrin also “allocated more than N4 billion to his own constituency.”

Budget timeline President Muhammadu Buhari has returned the controversy-ridden 2016 budget to the National Assembly, pointing out areas of concern in the document and demanding adjustment.

The spokesperson of the House of Representatives, Abdurazaq Namdas, (APC-Adamawa State) confirmed this to journalists on Thursday.
“I can confirm to you that we are in possession of the letter from the president identifying grey areas,” Mr. Namdas said
Re: Budget Padding Saga by chriskosherbal(m): 11:50am On Aug 02, 2016
OK, I see
Re: Budget Padding Saga by mrajims(m): 1:05pm On Aug 02, 2016
This movie" budget padding" na season film oo. i sit down the watch am in my 32" plasma wit popcorn and groundnut.
Re: Budget Padding Saga by HtwoOw: 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2016
You no go take pure water ?
mrajims:
This movie" budget padding" na season film oo. i sit down the watch am in my 32" plasma wit popcorn and groundnut.

(1) (Reply)

Factional Bokoharam Leader, Al-barnarwi Accuses Shekau Of Killing Muslims. / Militants’ Sponsorship: Kinsmen Defend Jonathan, Accuse MEND Of Sinister Motives / Police Seal ONDO APC Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.