Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,945 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:16 AM

7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand (37676 Views)

7 Jobs You Can Do Without A University Degree / How Nigerian Parents See Hardworking People Compared To Bloggers / 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by ednut1(m): 8:41pm On Sep 11, 2016
So many Parents have ruined their childrens lives forcing them to study wat dey hv no passion

2 Likes

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by seankay(m): 8:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
Fashion Designer angry

1 Like

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by lexyman(m): 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
Remove , photographer and sculpture from that list , they are both old profession .

1 Like

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by Bifwoli: 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
Wait till the invasion of western decadence reaches its peak...then your son or daughter decides their career is being a IndecentStar just like in the western world.

Lol , some Nigeria parents will have a heart attack.

1 Like

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by InvertedHammer: 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
/
Do you blame them?

Look around you. Nigeria is still stuck in the 18th century.

Children have no passion because their parents selected careers for them for their own egos.i.e mama of a doctor, engineer, lawyer. These kids pursue these courses as titles. The end result is that Nigeria rely on expatriates for real engineering works, they travel out for serious medical check ups and many graduate lawyers are under the mango trees outside the court hustling for clients. The graduates? They rely on appending every certificate after their names to boost their inflated phantom egos. One is likely to encounter Chief. Dr. Engineer. Pharmacist Tunde Umaru Okeke only in Nigeria. And everyone accepts it as the norm.

The rejected stones (comedians, writers, footballers, musicians) are now the cornerstones of success making in a month what the so-called professionals cannot make in a year.

The difference is clear when you see folks thst studied professional courses out of passion and those who did because mummy and daddy insisted.
\

4 Likes

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by anochuko01(m): 8:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
Mama Lala: lalasticlala,why don't you go to work?
Lalasticlala:Mummy,I'm a moderator,on an online forum.
Mama Lala:Moderator kwanu! What are u moderating?Election Debate?
Lalasticlala: Mummy!!!! They pay me and I move threads to frontpage.
Mama Lala: what is frontapge? And why are u moving threads to front page.. Is front page a shop? Do you supply threads?
Lalasticlala: Mummy,biko kwanu! I do not supply threads... I move online topics to the homepage of an online forum.
Mama Lala: But I have never seen you carry suitcase and wearing suit to go to work... You are just in front of ur laptop all day.. Are u sure it's not 419 you're doing?
Lalasticlala: Mama!!!! Biko leave me... I've just seen a snake thread...
You deserve to be banned......for sharing lala's family matters onlinegrin
But seriously....I'm trying to imagine his reaction whenever he sees a snake thread!

5 Likes

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by Greatzeus(m): 8:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
Mama Lala: what is frontapge? And why are u moving threads to front page.. Is front page a shop? Do you supply threads?
Lalasticlala: Mummy,biko kwanu! I do not supply threads... I move online topics to the homepage of an online forum.
Mama Lala: But I have never seen you carry suitcase and wearing suit to go to work... You are just in front of ur laptop all day.. Are u sure it's not 419 you're doing?
See talent shocked if you are not a script writer for movies or drama,you are really wasting that talent.How long did it take you to form these words,good imagination wink

9 Likes

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by Blackberrybabes: 8:49pm On Sep 11, 2016
bunmioguns:
[size=14pt]How about Data Reseller, they will be like.. . Eenh, Bunmioguns, you don dey do yahoo yahoo.. You go just sit down on top phone 24/7[/size]

hmmmmm
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by CaptEColeJnr: 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
Greatzeus:

See talent shocked if you are not a script writer for movies or drama,you are really wasting that talent.How long did it take you to form these words,good imagination wink
Just two minutes smiley

2 Likes

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by debuscket(m): 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
What's ur job
I'm a NL moderator
....popsy go just faint
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by eph12(m): 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
Is is just me or what? Can't find blow jobs there undecided
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by puma90: 8:59pm On Sep 11, 2016
d last tym i tld my mom i want to establish my web design knowledge to business she tld me to stop dat very soon i wil do yahoo dat she prefers me doing manual labour jobs

1 Like

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by johnjay4u2u(m): 9:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:

you are planning to go on Nairaland holiday I suppose.
Let Lala catch you.
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by Ugosample(m): 9:07pm On Sep 11, 2016
xkenzlordy:
And some parents will be like "it is either you are a medical doctor or you pay your school fees yourself "

Myopic thinking is what caused it....
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by Dantee005(m): 9:07pm On Sep 11, 2016
oluwasegun007:
Not the new generation parent.....
IFFA HEAR.... Hw many new generation parents have kids old enough to hav finished secondary school nt to talk of choosing careers... Lol, bro let's be real...

1 Like

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by EzeNri(m): 9:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
You don kill me finish. So hilarious. Naija got talent sha.
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by llaykorn: 9:13pm On Sep 11, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:

LMAO! cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:14pm On Sep 11, 2016
Thank God for the kind of parents I have lol... So far you're making money and it's legal, knock yourself out.... Just sha don't come and ask them for money grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by teejaypee: 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
Dammiesugar:
Mine is number 4, apart from parents some young people still don't really understand what Social Media Manager does
then why don't you try explaining
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 11, 2016
Singapore1:
NA MY OWN WORST PASS

people think na yahoo i dey do
the thing don tire me sef

you go explain and explain
and ur name na "singapore"
what ar u doing in singapore?

2 Likes

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by Beamborla(f): 9:22pm On Sep 11, 2016
My father had a hard time comprehending what anesthetic nursing is when my sister opted for anesthetic nursing over midwifery.

She explain tire...even him friends follow explain. In his words 'you are not performing the surgery, what's your work in the theater'

2 Likes

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by Paseus(m): 9:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
joke of the century angry
CaptEColeJnr:
joke of the century
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by oluwasegun007(m): 9:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
Dantee005:
IFFA HEAR.... Hw many new generation parents have kids old enough to hav finished secondary school nt to talk of choosing careers... Lol, bro let's be real...

a 35 yr old parent whose first child is 17yrs, is a new generation parent.... grin grin grin
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by Singapore1(m): 9:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
stardragon:

and ur name na "singapore"
what ar u doing in singapore?

me wey never leave naija
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by Paseus(m): 9:30pm On Sep 11, 2016
:DLala don suffer for NL
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by remi4ever(m): 9:31pm On Sep 11, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
Your sense of humour score 100/100, Laughing out Loud...
Ahahaahahah!!

2 Likes

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by ojodombe(m): 9:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
Some blames shall go to the youths equally. Gone are the days when parents choose course for their children.
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by sekem: 9:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
InvertedHammer:
/
Do you blame them?

Look around you. Nigeria is still stuck in the 18th century.

Children have no passion because their parents selected careers for them for their own egos.i.e mama of a doctor, engineer, lawyer. These kids pursue these courses as titles. The end result is that Nigeria rely on expatriates for real engineering works, they travel out for serious medical check ups and many graduate lawyers are under the mango trees outside the court hustling for clients. The graduates? They rely on appending every certificate after their names to boost their inflated phantom egos. One is likely to encounter Chief. Dr. Engineer. Pharmacist Tunde Umaru Okeke only in Nigeria. And everyone accepts it as the norm.

The rejected stones (comedians, writers, footballers, musicians) are now the cornerstones of success making in a month what the so-called professionals cannot make in a year.

The difference is clear when you see folks that studied professional courses out of passion and those who did because mummy and daddy insisted.
\

Verily verity!!!

1 Like

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by NevetsIbot(m): 9:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
Helkayklassic:
So true and funny... God bless our parents, they kuku want the best for us...The one my dad frown at most is DJ, he doesn't like it for anything. He will be like the job is for the lazy being.
lol, same thing for me..... He calls art job for lazy men. Chai.. He's beaten me like crazy back then cos I draw.... But that drawing spirit no gree leave me sha o
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by Purpletee(f): 9:41pm On Sep 11, 2016
can relate to the DJ...

lol...my mum was like " Ehen... so you choose to go play music at clubs for a living"...
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by Tobyshegz(m): 9:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
Youtube gamer nko? Hacker? Editor? Game developer? Professional Racer? Stunt actor/actress? loads of them!
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by SpicyJosBabe(f): 9:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:

You are a comedian. LoL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The Career Option For Biochemistry Graduate / PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. / NIIT: Are They Worth It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.