Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,147 members, 7,887,337 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:00 AM

Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry (46240 Views)

Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching / Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Pastor Adeboye Wants To Sleep In Kirikiri Prison As He Visits Inmates (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by haryomikun(m): 8:05pm On Aug 02, 2016
bayonino:

Shey werey ni eleyi ni? undecided
Tell that to your f.a.ther bro

1 Like

Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 02, 2016
gypsey:
i don't remember saying there is no God, you asked me if i wanted to see God and i said No! And i asked does God wants to see me.
And now you are talking about wrath of God? Wrath of God my butt! grin one day you and i may meet face to face and you will see that i am a Good person even though i am not a christian .
Ok o!, if you say so, the house we're living in is owned by a muslim here in PH, the man is the nicest person i have met in my life, a bungalow and another detached one, we both live in same compound, and my family happens to be the only tenant he has, people are good, though! Some take religion to a different dimension.

He even ask us to pray for him, while going to church, he's one of the few have seen that religion doesn't matter to.
Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by CecyAdrian(f): 8:14pm On Aug 02, 2016
yinkson:

...and, you're god or you know what God wants
Mtsheeeeew!!!

Obviously you are confused. Blind sheep
Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by AlomoReloaded: 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2016
NEHLIVE:
Nigerians on twitter have reacted to Pastor Adeboye's message to people on those to avoid when planning to marry. He advised men not to marry women who cannot cook, pray for at least one hour and are lazy. He advised women not to marry men who do not have jobs. See reactions below...

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/08/nigerians-on-twitter-react-to-pastor.html
Adeboye should go and kiss a humming transformer, if as a "man of God", he hasn't learnt to watch his words!!! My dad taught my mum how to cook, and now she is a professional, according to my mum.. my uncle that's a pastor taught his wife how to pray and what quiet time was all aboit!!! Marriage is about imperfections coming together to become perfect.. if they were both perfect then God will never bring em both together!
Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2016
herbie27:
Ok o!, if you say so, the house we're living in is owned by a muslim here in PH, the man is the nicest person i have met in my life, a bungalow and another detached one, we both live in same compound, and my family happens to be the only tenant he has, people are good, though! Some take religion to a different dimension.

He even ask us to pray for him, while going to church, he's one of the few have seen that religion doesn't matter to.
Absolutely! Now you are beginning to understand me, who needs religion when all humans needs to do is LOVE one Another imagine all the destruction, murder and hatred religion have caused. Christianity, Atheism or islam with no LOVE is Rubbish! maybe you should pray for me too grin
Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 02, 2016
gypsey:
Absolutely! Now you are beginning to understand me, who needs religion when all humans needs to do is love one Another imagine all the destruction, murder and hatred religion have caused Christianity, Atheism or islam with no LOVE is Rubbish! maybe you should pray for me too grin
Christianity has no problem, people are destroying the image of the church, all in the name of "they're christians".

I believe in the Body of Christ, so will pray for you. grin
Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by emerged01(m): 8:30pm On Aug 02, 2016
naijainfogalery:
I guess he was misunderstood, he was talking to ministers though , imagine a pastors wife that cant pray , na gobe be that o.

But no be by prayer alone oo. I once know a babe that can pray for 24 hours, when this babe speak in tongues fear go catch you. But she sleep with you immediately after prayer, She is so freaking addicted to seeexx.

I heard he was talking to the ministers. People are so ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by olasamuel006: 8:34pm On Aug 02, 2016
the wise one had spoken but so saddened the youth of today only fantasy the epilogue of life but leave the future to faith,my message goes thus,for most guy opposing the fact that a good woman should cook,pray and stuff saying they're meant to do same probably maybe how sweet it looks in relationship should go ahead only we don't want to hear in the future that you're divorcing your woman just because she's too lazy and to those girls who think that for them I will like to tell you this is the most deceitful generation even those who keep telling you're good with not make you their preference they will still go get the best for themselves human justification has been reduce to personal decision so be careful who hail you.
Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by sirma: 8:48pm On Aug 02, 2016
pippimp:

I guess you are referring to women in Nigeria/Africa. Keep thinking like a caveman. A woman is about to become the president of the United States of America and you are here maintaining a pre historic mentality. God help una for Nigeria. I don't really blame you guys. You all are the products of your society and upbringing. You can't think outside of what you are exposed to.

You're the best. Most of these our Nigeria guys inspite of their university education are Still primitive and brainless. It's aalways the women this the women that"

1 Like

Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by aalangel(f): 8:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
His words are not binding to a non-member. It's a family business. If you wish to take the advice, fine, but he's talking to his people.
Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by sirma: 8:53pm On Aug 02, 2016
pippimp:

I guess you are referring to women in Nigeria/Africa. Keep thinking like a caveman. A woman is about to become the president of the United States of America and you are here maintaining a pre historic mentality. God help una for Nigeria. I don't really blame you guys. You all are the products of your society and upbringing. You can't think outside of what you are exposed to.

You're the best. Most of these our Nigeria guys inspite of their university education are Still primitive and brainless. It's always "the women this the women that". They really do not think of what they can offer women rather, they expect the world out of women. Need I tell you men, women are meant to be helpers not slaves and cover up for your unending flaws and weaknesses.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 02, 2016
pippimp:

Lol! Female US president! And so?? Pakistan, the UK & Germany has had female head of states. The US is even shamefully decades behind.

The pastor is mentioning biblical principles governing a godly marriage. Marriage is an institution deeply rooted in religion. No one is talking abt secular marriages dt have no basis in God & have contributed to 60% divorce rates in plAces like d almighty USA.

PS- the proverbs 31 wife described in the bible was also very industrious, successful in business & was able to personally buy & sell lands. Don't know what makes u think godly principles governing marriage must be reduced to being an unproductive housewife/slave.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by sirma: 9:03pm On Aug 02, 2016
[quote author=MzPecs post=48126913]
[font=serif][color=#000099] [b] [i]So true..
I wonder why a woman wouldn't wanna cook for the man she's married to.. angry

Ladies should watch this movie titled "War Room" and see the importance of prayer in the home.

Men should also see the movie titled "FIREPROOF" and see the importance of prayer in a home.

Please men, I beg you, don't think it all revoles around women. After all, you are the head of the family. If women are to do this and that, then you're totally useless toyour ffamily.
Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by tete7000(m): 9:16pm On Aug 02, 2016
...uhmm, to some extent true. However those who have jobs too can lose it somewhere into their marriage. What happened then? People should seek security in God. Those who wish to marry should ask God to lead them aright. All these types of advice already abound in the secular world, church should do more to guide people in the spiritual path. Only those who are taken by the hand and led by God are secured. Let people learn to seek God in their endeavours.
Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:20pm On Aug 02, 2016
bebe2:
Rubbish
Spiritual ko, money ritual ni undecided

grin grin
lazy girl
Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by OBAGADAFFI: 9:24pm On Aug 02, 2016
janellemonae:

Lol! Female US president! And so?? Pakistan, the UK & Germany has had female head of states. The US is even shamefully decades behind.

The pastor is mentioning biblical principles governing a godly marriage. Marriage is an institution deeply rooted in religion. No one is talking abt secular marriages dt have no basis in God & have contributed to 60% divorce rates in plAces like d almighty USA.

PS- the proverbs 31 wife described in the bible was also very industrious, successful in business & was able to personally buy & sell lands. Don't know what makes u think godly principles governing marriage must be reduced to being an unproductive housewife/slave.

Just ignore these women.

How many Nigerian women can do what Hillary did for Cliton.

They probably don't know that US got lots of conservative women.

And they don't show that on movies.
Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:25pm On Aug 02, 2016
kaen1317:
So it's better for them to remain single or become prostitutes. Whatever happened to teaching her one or two things that's she's deficient. "It's not by by your many words in prayer" says the Lord. No one is perfect. No one knows it all, including the pope in Rome and the chief imam in Mecca

grin grin grin

Rationalisation.

Making excuses for Ur weaknesses
Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 02, 2016
As much as i loath this guy. Adegboye is right on the money this one.

1: Men.. can you cook?! Mofokas expect in these modern times to have women play house wife while they hustle chicken change to bring home. Women are more than just wives to cook bathe u and the children and still Bleep you for free. Abeg free the women. Learn to cook and take care of the kids before you open your mouth and declare women 2nd class citizens

2: Get a f@$@ckin Job man! Even of it is as a bricklayer. Get a job beforr you think of making babymamas all over Lagos.
Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:29pm On Aug 02, 2016
VickyRotex:
I love that guy's response up there. "I pray to be as ignorant as Pastor Adeboye" cool

Everyone doesnt have to agree with His Point.

Daddy Adeboye may your Orisun Ogbon ati Oye never run dry!

Amin oooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:34pm On Aug 02, 2016
[quote author=Trina0936 post=48126755][/quote]

angry

So after all the Mr Nice guy drama This is the best response a lady can give Him.
angry
Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by Dieumerci(m): 9:39pm On Aug 02, 2016
herzern:
What he said isn't meant for everyone
May God bless you sir.

Daddy G.O was simply talking to his children both biological and Spiritual; and his children understand him wella.
Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 02, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:

angry

So after all the Mr Nice guy drama
This is the best response a lady can give Him.

angry
Wetin concern you??

Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 02, 2016
iykedare:
Never marry a girl that twerks. Such girls are brainless....
Says who?
Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by OLUJOSHINS(m): 10:17pm On Aug 02, 2016
Trina0936:
Wetin concern you??

Nne Y the insult naa
Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 02, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:

Nne Y the insult naa
Nna y u no fit mind ur business na undecided
Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 02, 2016
sirma:

You're the best. Most of these our Nigeria guys inspite of their university education are Still primitive and brainless. It's always "the women this the women that". They really do not think of what they can offer women rather, they expect the world out of women. Need I tell you men, women are meant to be helpers not slaves and cover up for your unending flaws and weaknesses. 

Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by Codyt(m): 10:30pm On Aug 02, 2016
David25:
I don't wanna be part of this drama
Omo... Me neither.... *drives away* grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by iderahezron: 10:42pm On Aug 02, 2016
oya now, rin so nibe
Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by smiliyB(f): 10:55pm On Aug 02, 2016
heskeyw:
In my own opinion, I think that pastor Adeboye
was 'slightly' wrong when he said 'marry a
woman who can pray for over 1hour'.
All girls r nt prayer warriors nah. One whole
hour!!! Even some seminarians finds it very
difficult to pray for one full hour.
Secondly, my wife is nt my cook. We will be
cooking together. Infact, there is nothing sexy as
a man sweating inside the kitchen just to prepare
food for his wife.

#BreakfastInBedForHerRoyalMajesty
I like you already,I just wish I can submit my application asap wink
Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by Bloomfield1: 11:01pm On Aug 02, 2016
I totally disagree wit his view. So, if a gal doesn't knw how to cook or can't prayer for one hour shuld commit suicide. A gal who can't cook today cn definitely knw hw to cook tomorw as well as a lady who can't prayer for one hour today can be a prayer warrior tomorw. There is always room for improvement. If men do not marry them who will?
Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by KINGinVAHALA: 11:21pm On Aug 02, 2016
Young03:
this man don turn talkative o
GOOD EVENING SIR! LET ME USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO SAY A BIG THANKS TO YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND VOTES, NOT JUST FOR TODAY BUT THUS FAR. THE SINGULAR REASON WHILE I'M HERE AND STILL IN THIS CONTEST IS BECAUSE OF YOU, IT'S BECAUSE YOU CHOOSES TO DAMN YOUR ALWAYS BUSY SCHEDULES AND SUPPORT ME, IT'S BECAUSE YOU WENT THE EXTRA MILES NOT THINKING WHAT IT WAS GOING TO COST YOU AND WHAT IT HAS ACTUALLY COST YOU JUST TO VOTE ME. WORDS ALONE CANT SAY HOW GRATEFUL I'M TO YOU NEITHER WILL MY FINGERS BE ABLE TO TYPE IT. ALL I WANT FROM YOU IS TO HAVE A 20 SECONDS SILENT, IMAGINE YOURSELF BEIN ME AND YOU WOULD KNOW THE JOY, HAPPINESS AND GRATEFULNESS I HAVE IN MY HEART ALL THANKS TO YOU AND ONLY TO YOU.

THANKS ONCE AGAIN AND PLEASE LET'S NOT FORGET THAT VOTING CONTINUES TOMORROW 03/08/2016, SAME TIME, SAME VOTING PROCEDURE, FROM 10am - 6pm

I LOVE YOU, BUT GOD LOVES YOU MORE,
FROM MY HUMBLE HEART, I SAY THANKS!

KINGinVAHALA
Re: Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry by shadol0083(m): 11:33pm On Aug 02, 2016
Most people are comparing civilization n word of God.Even as an African or Nigerian.......can u marry such?Sorry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) / Anglican Reverend Gives Schoolgirls 'Holy Kiss' In Ghana (Video) / What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.