Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,921 members, 7,906,454 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 11:06 AM

What Do Wealthy People Eat To Keep Looking So Fit And Healthy? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Do Wealthy People Eat To Keep Looking So Fit And Healthy? (803 Views)

Which Food Should I Eat To Get A Little Bit Fat? / Surviving This Economy: Cheap And Healthy Food & Soup Tips. / How White People Vs Nigeria People Eat Chicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do Wealthy People Eat To Keep Looking So Fit And Healthy? by ItuExchange(m): 8:35am On Aug 03, 2016
I worked for a summer as an intern at a Manhattan corporation — most people were making a good amount $175k+ for directors and VP’s probably are well in the quarter million dollar range. During this time, I watched and observed the dietary behaviors of those who were “wealthy” and fit versus those who were in the outer edges where people did not have as much money.

What were my anecdotal findings?

Those who look like they could be on a magazine:

They do not eat much. They snack on very healthy foods.
For lunch, this is a fruit cup and maybe a dab of yogurt. Or lunch is actually a skinny latte.

A $9 fresh vegetable juice is lunch for some; there is nothing special about this that one cannot simply make at home, spending less than $2 on vegetables.
For dinner, they are eating lean meats with very nutritionally-rich starches (brown rice, quinoa, etc). The portions are simply tiny.

I concluded that the key is in the portions and not exactly what the diet is. Two bites of something decadent will not do much damage.
Those who are slender and medium-fit:

They eat a bit more bulk, but the portion sizes are still small compared to “mid-west portions”.
A salad with lean protein is as much as someone would have for lunch.
Sometimes a half-salad, a soup, and a sliver of bread and some fruit!

Exercise:

They all seemed to exercise and treat their bodies like a work project, with a lot of effort, research, and precision.
Sometimes I would go to really nice restaurants. I found that the portion sizes are also tremendously small. I saw no evidence that there was a rich people “magical formula” or “magical foods”. Doctors (some making upwards of millions) are also eating this way.

If you want to be like the demographic who partake in diet fads or worse, there are plenty of bulimic Californians (I was one; sustained massive damage to the body — not worth it!)

Edit: To be certain, New Yorkers also take the subway a lot and this involves from walking from the station to the destination. Extra hidden exercise!

See also: Jane CP Wei's answer to How do you stay healthy on a $29 per week food budget?

Edit: I live in the Mid-West; thanks for the views! The numbers are so insane (5 days and over 150k views!) that I think I might actually stop eating like a mid-westerner :-/ Anyone want to join me? :-D

11-day update: 2 lb weight loss, 5 inches lost [honest mistake includes eating a gigantic fried taco shell in a fabulous Mexican salad]

Source: https://www.quora.com/What-do-wealthy-people-eat-to-keep-looking-so-fit-and-healthy

Neteller here: www..com.ng
Re: What Do Wealthy People Eat To Keep Looking So Fit And Healthy? by DanJimmy(m): 2:40pm On Aug 03, 2016
hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Facts About Food And Health Tips You Should Know - Onyejeme Chimere / My Hand Work / I Just Wanna Make Common Sense : Cheap Food Items For All Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.