Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,425 members, 7,978,348 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 06:40 AM

Edo Guber: PDP Members Back Obaseki In Etsako - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Guber: PDP Members Back Obaseki In Etsako (877 Views)

Oshiomhole, Obaseki, In Traditional Outfits As Osinbajo Arrives Benin Airport / Edo: Thousands Of PDP, APGA, ADC Members Dump Party For APC, Back Obaseki / Thugs Attack Don Pedro Obaseki In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Guber: PDP Members Back Obaseki In Etsako by playboy99(m): 9:35am On Aug 03, 2016
The chances of one of the candidates for the September 10 governorship poll in Edo State, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, were enhanced on Tuesday when he got the support of the Chairman, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in ward 11, Etsako West Local Government Area of the state, Chief Sunday Edehor.
Edehor dropped the umbrella for the broom, along with his supporters.
Obaseki is candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
During the party’s governorship campaign rally in the area, Edehor said he decided to join the APC because he did not want to be stoned by his people for exhibiting ingratitude following what the people of the area have benefited from the APC-led government.
Edehor is from the same ward as Mr Philip Shuaibu, the running mate to the APC governorship candidate, Godwin Obaseki.
Said he: “I have been in PDP since its formative stage in 1998 and today I had to decamp to APC. This is the first time somebody from Jattu will be a deputy governor which has never happened since I was born.
“I am glad that Philip Shuaibu, our son, is going to be deputy governor and I know Obaseki will win.
“The truth is that I found out that some of us have been deceiving ourselves in PDP for a long time.
“Come to think of it, this is the first time Etsako man will be governor in the person of Oshiomhole and now the same APC is giving us deputy governor; so, how do you expect us to remain in PDP?
“It is not possible. We have been managing over the years abusing Oshiomhole despite the fact that he is our son, because we were in PDP, but it has come to a stage when we have to decide to think about what is good for our people.
“PDP, since 1999, never gave Edo North governorship not to think of giving to Etsako. One leader is always moving it to wherever he feels while our people suffer here.
“Just take a drive around Etsako area, you will see the roads, schools Oshiomhole built for us; so, don’t you think our people will stone some of us if we continue to remain in PDP?
“I don’t want to risk my life because they will say I am an enemy of progress.
“People will ask me, what else am I looking for in PDP; God gave us a governor in the person of Oshiomhole and now APC gave Etsako deputy governorship ticket in the person of Philip Shuaibu.
“So, I will be a mad man to remain in PDP. And let me tell you, there is no more PDP in the entire three local governments in Etsako.
“It will not make sense to remain at all, because both the people and God will even punish us, so that is why we decided to leave for APC.
“It makes more sense for us to join APC so that the developmental projects Oshiomhole has started in Etsako land will continue.
“People are supposed to play politics for good life, development and not selfish interest. I will be considered a selfish man if I remain in PDP.”

https://www.today.ng/politics/161817/edo-guber-pdp-members-obaseki-etsako

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Members Back Obaseki In Etsako by Lovelynature(m): 9:44am On Aug 03, 2016
Edo people make una choose wisely. Naija people eyes don clear after them made wako choice in 2015
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Members Back Obaseki In Etsako by IkoloTheSage: 9:46am On Aug 03, 2016
A ward chairman?
Forget it.

Even if Dan Orbih decides to join APC today, it won't make any difference.

This is not about personalities. It is about the people.
It is about their future.
It is about their quest for a better life and meaning to their existence.
It is about the resuscitation of the made-moribound industries in Edo state.
It is about employment for our youths who are daily braving the sahara for a better life in Europe.
It is about the future of those whose folks are buried in the shallow sands of the sahel.
It is about the survival of our unpaid pensioniers.

The question is effective and pragmatic leadership and only Ize-Iyamu is the answer.

Pedro Obaseki has said it all.

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Members Back Obaseki In Etsako by ebujany(m): 10:06am On Aug 03, 2016
IkoloTheSage:
A ward chairman?
Forget it.

Even if Dan Orbih decides to join APC today, it won't make any difference.

This is not about personalities. It is about the people.
It is about their future.
It is about their quest for a better life and meaning to their existence.
It is about the resuscitation of the made-moribound industries in Edo state.
It is about employment for our youths who are daily braving the sahara for a better life in Europe.
It is about the future of those whose folks are buried in the shallow sands of the sahel.
It is about the survival of our unpaid pensioniers.

The question is effective and pragmatic leadership and only Ize-Iyamu is the answer.

Pedro Obaseki has said it all.

As long as PDP edo state still have the past thieves supporting this pastor, oga forget it. PDP finished edo state, what do they want again? Show me what PDP did in edo? Ntn and they want to come back

5 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Members Back Obaseki In Etsako by Jirate(m): 10:15am On Aug 03, 2016
Oshimhole is wasting Edo State tax payers money buying PDP ward chairmen, pay local government workers salaries, he won’t. Comes 10 /9/2016, the result is going to be very interesting. cool

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Members Back Obaseki In Etsako by IkoloTheSage: 10:21am On Aug 03, 2016
ebujany:

As long as PDP edo state still have the past thieves supporting this pastor, oga forget it. PDP finished edo state, what do they want again? Show me what PDP did in edo? Ntn and they want to come back

Past thieves?
Don't make me laugh.

Can you point out an official of the Edo state government that wasn't before now a PDP member?

Is it Oshiomole's Chief of staff - Obahiagbon?
Is it Odubu?
Is it Julius Ihonbvere?
Is it the present Deputy Guber aspirant?
Or is it Oshiomole that got to where he is today through the corrupt Igbinedion's help that is not a theif?

It is not about the past.
It is about today and tomorrow.
Edo can't afford to repeat the mistakes of the past glaringly inherent in Obaseki's Candidacy.

Ize-Iyamu is the messiah.

If he's running under Labour Party, please vote Labour Party.
If KOWA is the party, vote KOWA.
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Members Back Obaseki In Etsako by Jazzlite: 10:26am On Aug 03, 2016
Obaseki will start from here... Edo goo gan ni

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Members Back Obaseki In Etsako by ebujany(m): 12:15pm On Aug 03, 2016
IkoloTheSage:

Past thieves?
Don't make me laugh.

Can you point out an official of the Edo state government that wasn't before now a PDP member?

Is it Oshiomole's Chief of staff - Obahiagbon?
Is it Odubu?
Is it Julius Ihonbvere?
Is it the present Deputy Guber aspirant?
Or is it Oshiomole that got to where he is today through the corrupt Igbinedion's help that is not a theif?

It is not about the past.
It is about today and tomorrow.
Edo can't afford to repeat the mistakes of the past glaringly inherent in Obaseki's Candidacy.

Ize-Iyamu is the messiah.

If he's running under Labour Party, please vote Labour Party.
If KOWA is the party, vote KOWA.

And you forgot to name the real thieves..oga anenih, igbinedion family etc. Even ur ize-iyamu na comfirm ole. What's the source of his wealth? A man that made money from politics claiming pastor. Edo is better in the hands of people that will steal but work for the people because all politicians steal than for PDP to win and bring back anenih and co to power

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Rotimi Amaechi Spotted Hanging Out With PDP Members / I Didn’t Know Corruption Was This Much Under Me- GEJ / Okorocha Welcomed Warmly At Owerri Airport. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.