Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,143 members, 7,896,876 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 12:16 AM

FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos (27520 Views)

FEC Approves 2018 Budget Today - Leadershipng / FEC Approves N80bn For Second Niger Bridge, Roads Construction In 12 States / Ambode: $1.65bn Lagos Lekki Seaport For Completion 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by CSTR12: 2:04pm On Aug 04, 2016
ba7man:
As long as you practice the politics of hate and division.

Burning bridges rather than mending fences, the SE won't achieve much in the scheme of things, even actualizing Biafra.
Burning bridges is the reason why there is no seaport in akwaibom- the largest and deepest coastline in west africa? Yes, how enlightening, genius. I can see the bridge the SW has built with the rest of the south.
Buhari would be there for just 4-8 years. We would see the so-called bridges you have built then.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by naptu2: 2:09pm On Aug 04, 2016
There are two ideas behind this project.

1) Congestion/spreading development: - The core of the City of Lagos has experienced congestion, yet development has stagnated in the other parts of the state due to lack of infrastructure.

People had stopped building in the Ojo and Badagry area and residents of the area are going through hell because the Lagos-Badagry was no longer able to cope with the level of traffic. It had failed. Yet the people in the area still had to commute to Lagos Island, Ikeja and the mainland (Surulere and Yaba) because of lack of jobs. Companies didn't want to set up business in the area for the same reason.

The Lekki area was beginning to experience similar problems due to the awful traffic jams in the area. Ditto with Ikorodu.

Therefore, it was decided to spread development to outlying areas via (1) transport infrastructure projects like the expanded Lagos-Badagry Expressway, the expanded Lekki Expressway and the expanded Ikorodu Road (Ojota-Ikorodu), the railway projects, the Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge and the Fourth Mainland Bridge (2) creating new districts like the Eko Atlantic City, the Badagry Energy City and the Lekki Free Trade Zone/Lekki Phase 2 district (and revamping the Ikorodu Industrial Area). The new districts would have their own industrial and commercial areas which would create jobs, so that people no longer need to commute to Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Ikeja, Yaba and Surulere to work.

All these will spread development to Badagry in the west, Ibeju Lekki in the east, Ikorodu in the north and Eko Atlantic City in the south.

2) Competition: Lagos is the transport hub of Nigeria and one of the main transport hubs of Africa, but it is lagging behind other major transport hubs in the world. The awful congestion at the Apapa Port, the terrible state of the Murtala Muhammad International Airport, etc and the fact that bigger ships that require deeper berths are being constructed has made the state government to search for alternatives from the private sector. These alternatives include the Lekki Seaport, the Lekki Airport and the Badagry Seaport. The Federal Government is also considering making the Ikorodu Port an export port (remember that Dangote has his facilities for production of pasta, macaroni and noodles at the Ikorodu Port).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by ba7man(m): 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2016
CSTR12:
Tell me one way that the SW kept its house in order that the SE has not with evidence.
That's the problem, you keep looking at the southwest meanwhile you guys are supposed to collectively look inwards.

6 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by CSTR12: 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2016
obailala:
Just the way Cross Rivers state government did a ground breaking for the construction of a deep sea port, Akwa-Ibom state government has also done same in the recent past. Similarly, Lagos state government is about to commence the Badagry port, and I think, the Lekki seaport; these projects are all between state governments and private individuals. So for the love of God, why or how is this supposed to be marginalisation?... Or is it just that the cry of marginalisation and victim mentality is so sweet that we cannot separate ourselves from this cry 56 years after independence even when it is baseless?.... When shall we emancipate ourselves from this mental slavery?

Close your mouth, nigga. I know what it means to hold a government responsible. I don't stay in that country so i have a vantage view of everything without sentiment.I have always been in the vanguard of asking for better state governance in the east, but sorry it is much deeper than that.
What would you call a scenario where the FG refused to invest or atleast compel investors to explore the deepest coastline in akwaibom close to the eastern markets and industrial hubs.? Is badagry seaport a better or more viable project?
How else would you call a situation where a single northern state like kano with negligible productivity gets more funds from the federal government than the eastern region?
Even this federal budget has the SE- a region of huge potential productivity with by far the lowest federal attention even much lower than even bokoharam ridden regions of the north.
I sincerely hope you are being payed for this or you are a yoruba masquerading to be igbo. If not, then it is deeply troubling.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by ba7man(m): 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2016
CSTR12:
Burning bridges is the reason why there is no seaport in akwaibom- the largest and deepest coastline in west africa? Yes, how enlightening, genius. I can see the bridge the SW has built with the rest of the south.
Buhari would be there for just 4-8 years. We would see the so-called bridges you have built then.

Akpabio footdragged on the issue for 6yrs despite having largest allocations in Nigeria and GEJ in his corner.

Lagos state achieved more without receiving any allocation so that nullifies your point that external forces hold back development in the region.

When Buhari leaves, progress will continue in Lagos because the State has developmental plans that span decades.

7 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by CSTR12: 2:17pm On Aug 04, 2016
ba7man:
That's the problem, you keep looking at the southwest meanwhile you guys are supposed to collectively look inwards.
I don't see where i called out the SW in my initial post. My attention is to the FG.
I only called out the SW when nitwits were trying to paint such bigoted,backward and unproductive allocation of federal resources as sophistication or ingenious SW governance when we know that is not the case.
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by ba7man(m): 2:21pm On Aug 04, 2016
CSTR12:
I don't see where i called out the SW in my initial post. My attention is to the FG.
I only called out the SW when nitwits were trying to paint such bigoted,backward and unproductive allocation of federal resources as sophistication or ingenious SW governance when we know that is not the case.
You're getting it wrong. Only approval is gotten from the FG.

Those projects are funded by State / Private investors. Lagos allocations can't achieve zilch compare to what the state undertakes.

Good Leadership is what makes the state tick, nothing more...... and that's what attracts the investments.

5 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by CSTR12: 2:23pm On Aug 04, 2016
ba7man:

Akpabio footdragged on the issue for 6yrs despite having largest allocations in Nigeria and GEJ in his corner.

Lagos state achieved more without receiving any allocation so that nullifies your point that external forces hold back development in the region.
I can see how you only called out lagos and not the rest of the backward SW enclave. I am sure you can see the obvious reasons.for that.
I am not concerned about akpabio. He was corruptly shortsighted, agreed, but that does not change the fact that akwaibom has the largest coastline in west africa and can serve the eastern industrial hubs and even west africa.
Buhari is not your son, he is the president. He was supposed to leverage on the comparative areas of strength and make Nigeria productive not satisfying his cronies and corrupt ethnic godfathers.
What kind of backwardness is this? Is this what you mean by sophistication?
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by ba7man(m): 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2016
CSTR12:
I can see how you only called out lagos and not the rest of the backward SW enclave. I am sure you can see the obvious reasons.for that.
I am not concerned about akpabio. He was corruptly shortsighted, agreed, but that does not change the fact that akwaibom has the largest coastline in west africa and can serve the eastern industrial hubs and even west africa.
Buhari is not your son, he is the president. He was supposed to leverage on the comparative areas of strength and make Nigeria productive not satisfying his cronies and corrupt ethnic godfathers.
What kind of backwardness is this? Is this what you mean by sophistication?
Don't rule out Ogun and Oyo state.

Things are going on there and those States are rising economic giants.

I believe those allocations being given to the states are supposed to be used by their Governors to effect development within the state.

Projects that span the Nation e.g. Railway and roads (east-west road), major industries (ajaokuta steel), and making revenue generation more stable is enough on their plate right now.

Imagine if all states develop a 20yr plan like Lagos and Ogun State and follow it, see if Buhari will oppose it.

7 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Achorise: 2:36pm On Aug 04, 2016
BMedia:

The pain IS REAL!
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
No bro, I'm not pained.I love everyone. I say no prejudice.
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Achorise: 2:36pm On Aug 04, 2016
BMedia:

The pain IS REAL!
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
No bro, I'm not pained.I love everyone. I say no prejudice.
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 04, 2016
yanabasee:

Stay calm

And

Fcckk off ma mentions.... I don't relate with the Afonjas....
yanabasee omg. I remember you @nysc thread. when did you stoop so low to be pandering in politics. nawa oooo.
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by obailala(m): 3:35pm On Aug 04, 2016
CSTR12:
Close your mouth, nigga. I know what it means to hold a government responsible. I don't stay in that country so i have a vantage view of everything without sentiment.I have always been in the vanguard of asking for better state governance in the east, but sorry it is much deeper than that.
What would you call a scenario where the FG refused to invest or atleast compel investors to explore the deepest coastline in akwaibom close to the eastern markets and industrial hubs.? Is badagry seaport a better or more viable project?
How else would you call a situation where a single northern state like kano with negligible productivity gets more funds from the federal government than the eastern region?
Even this federal budget has the SE- a region of huge potential productivity with by far the lowest federal attention even much lower than even bokoharam ridden regions of the north.
I sincerely hope you are being payed for this or you are a yoruba masquerading to be igbo. If not, then it is deeply troubling.

Close your mouth too man, I also live outside the country so I am also privileged to have an unbiased, detribalised and out-of-the-box vantage view of the situation. Besides Abuja (FCT) and Lagos (ex-FCT), kindly point out to me any region or state where the FG has invested anything or which receives this so called 'FG ATTENTION' which you and many other indoctrinated ones keep lamenting about?... And by the way, what exactly do you mean by the "FG refusing to invest or refusing to force/compel investors to invest in the region?"...

Investors go to a location on their own freewill based on 2 main things;
1. A secure and enabling environment,
2. A market for their goods or services.

I cited an example of shoprite Warri being attacked and looted by some idiotic youth of one community late last year. When nonsensical acts like that are the norm, it beats my imagination why anyone who claims to be unsentimental, objective and smart should be surprised when similar businesses become reluctant to come to the SS; it's even more ridiculous when some persons choose to accuse the FG or 'other tribes/regions' for the indiscretions of these youths.

Regarding the SS seaports, importers boycotted the SS seaports because of insecurity (pirates and irate youths demanding undue settlements) and that is what killed those ports. I don't need to remind you that Igbos are the biggest importers in Nigeria and these businessmen were not foolish when they began opting to go all the way to Lagos instead of using closeby ports. It wasn't the FG that chased importers to Lagos.

A businessman takes his business to a place where he hopes to make more money; he doesn't site his business in a location to please anyone at the expense of his profits. That is the reason why you have Igbo businessmen for example in every corner of Nigeria doing their thing. Capt. Iheanacho is presently making moves to site his planned refinery in Lagos. As foolish as this may seem for most people, the fact remains that it is his sole prerogative. The man is not a fool, he simply cares more about his profits than he cares about trying to develop the SE or please anyone - he's simply a businessman.

You just asked whether the Badagry port is more viable than constructing ports close to the SE; are you aware the proposed port is a state government initiative?.... Does it make any rational sense to you suggesting that Ambode should build a seaport in the SS or SE?... Like I keep saying, contrary to your claim of not being sentimental, if sentiments aren't obscuring your objectivity, this issue should be a commonsensical matter...

And finally, you asked me whether I'm being paid or whether I am Yoruba, sorry I'm not being paid by anyone and I'm not Yoruba. I just can't quietly watch people making baseless arguments, lamenting unnecessarily and throwing lots of common sense and objectivity to the wind all because of some tribal/ethnic/political sentiments.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by ba7man(m): 3:43pm On Aug 04, 2016
obailala:

Close your mouth too man, I also live outside the country so I am also privileged to have an unbiased, detribalised and out-of-the-box vantage view of the situation. Besides Abuja (FCT) and Lagos (ex-FCT), kindly point out to me any region or state where the FG has invested anything or which receives this so called 'FG ATTENTION' you and many other indoctrinated ones lamenting about?... And by the way, what exactly do you mean by the "FG refusing to invest or refusing to force/compel investors to invest in the region?"...

I cited an example of shoprite Warri being attacked and looted by some idiotic youth of one community late last year. When nonsensical and stupid acts like that are a norm, it beats my imagination why anyone who claims to be unsentimental, objective and smart should be surprised when similar businesses become reluctant to come to the SS; it's even more ridiculous when some persons choose to accuse the FG or 'other tribes' for the indiscretions of these youths.

Regarding the seaports, importers boycotting the SS seaports because of insecurity (pirates and irate youths demanding undue settlements) is what killed those seaports. I don't need to remind you that Igbos are the biggest importers in Nigeria and these businessmen were not foolish when they began opting to go all the way to Lagos instead of using closeby ports.

A businessman takes his business to a place where he hopes to make more money; he doesn't site his business in a location to please people at the expense of his profits. That is the reason why you have Igbo businessmen for example in every corner of Nigeria doing their thing. Capt. Iheanacho is presently making moves to site his planned refinery in Lagos. As foolish as this may seem for most people, the fact remains that it is his sole prerogative. The man is not a fool, he simply cares more about his profits than he cares about trying to develop the SE or please anyone - he's simply a businessman.

You just asked whether the Badagry port is more viable than constructing ports close to the SE; are you aware the proposed port is a stage government initiative?.... Does it make any rational sense to you suggesting that Ambode should build a seaport in the SS or SE?... Like I keep saying, contrary to your claim of not being sentimental, if sentiments aren't obscuring your objectivity, this issue should be commonsensical matter...

And finally, you asked me whether I'm being paid or whether I am yoruba, sorry i'm not being paid by no one and i'm not yoruba. I just can't quietly stand seeing people making baseless arguments, lamenting unnecessarily and throwing lots of common sense and objectivity to the wind all because of some tribal/ethnic/political sentiments.
Game over!!!

You should copy and save this post of yours, it answers many baseless points raised on this forum.

7 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by lexyclasy: 4:11pm On Aug 04, 2016
ba7man:

When Buhari leaves, progress will continue in Lagos because the State has developmental plans that span decades.
Dont spill thrash read and get informed......Ibaka Deep seaport at ORON would have gone far if not the Fed. govt indicating interest in the project yet could not commit their counterpart funding.....that is the same thing that witness in the power sector....Akwa ibom was the first state that built a brand new FEED power plant of 191megawatt station at ikot Abasi with full transmission line to the major cities of the state....yet Fed government fail to comply with the Generation and Transmission deal to enable the firm to be viable.....a state that consume within a region of less than 100megawatt and fed want it to generate and transmit to the national grid without adequate agreement can you do that

My problem with you people is that the SW are known to use their mouth more than anything else Dangote try to built refnery at ILOKO b/w ondo and ogun BUT because OF BUSINESS PROXIMITY HE MOVE IT TO Lagos does it mean that those other two states in SW were unstable...you people talk too much.....Lagos have no excuse not to be ahead of any other state.as a nations former capital with fed infrastructures and fed allocation vested for over 3decades again considering the size of lagos with just 3,345kmsq in size ...so let me here something let other SW state lure investors in the same spirit you are talking about Lagos then i will know the real S-westerners.....mtchewwwww

Finally if you think investors are running away from SS then you must only think of that with your keyboard i advice you to visit Trans amadi industrial layout phase 1,2,3 and 4...then take a move to ELEME and ONNE and see things for yourself...take it or leave it SS still holds the economy of the nation.....period.......dealt with the marginalization syndrome meted to the region stop crying wolves......that is the bane of agitation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by 9ja4show: 4:15pm On Aug 04, 2016
MrTruth4real:

Wat abt the warri seaport, the coco seaport, the sapele seaport that has been abandon, what abt epz. If govt renovate these seaports I have just mentioned will it not help Nigerians too, must everything be in Lagos.

I feel you my broda, that is the sentimental politics for you in this country; I just hope wen a Niger deltan president emerge again , he will see all these cos as much as people won't believe it ; Tribalism rules this country

All man for him region
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Abagworo(m): 4:33pm On Aug 04, 2016
Everything in Lagos. Any way in Igbo we say "Onye ube ruru ya racha" . Jonathan misused an opportunity because of greed for 3rd term and Ndigbo in particular refused to heed to calls by the wise ones to join the winning team but chose to drown with a failure. We still have time to correct the anomaly by supporting APC lest we retrogress heavily in the coming years.

Onitsha port = scam after Ijaw resistance

2nd Niger brudge = scam

All the interstate roads in Southeast and Southsouth in very deplorable conditions.

No Airport completed in the zone

Ibaka seaport = scam

God punish all Igbos that deliberately put us in this predicament in a bid to pacify Jonathan.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by RRoyaId: 4:41pm On Aug 04, 2016
Don't you ever have anything else doing with your life other than wandering all over NL looking for every available topic to comment on? Why are you so cursed with hopelessness and joblessness?

FYI: Onitsha Port has been completed and awaiting concession while the 2nd Niger bridge is presently ongoing. Imo state is the only SE state that has the worst roads(state/federal) but Buhari is not even seeing it because he cannot waste money on a worthless state despite the state being in APC. Envy and frustration in your life is your problem. Get busy for once with your useless life.. TUFIAAA!!!

[s]
Abagworo:
Everything in Lagos. Any way in Igbo we say "Onye ube ruru ya racha" . Jonathan misused an opportunity because of greed for 3rd term and Ndigbo in particular refused to heed to calls by the wise ones to join the winning team but chose to drown with a failure. We still have time to correct the anomaly by supporting APC lest we retrogress heavily in the coming years.

Onitsha port = scam after Ijaw resistance

2nd Niger brudge = scam

All the interstate roads in Southeast and Southsouth in very deplorable conditions.

No Airport completed in the zone

Ibaka seaport = scam

God punish all Igbos that deliberately put us in this predicament in a bid to pacify Jonathan.
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by aresa: 4:52pm On Aug 04, 2016
MadamExcellency:
A lot of ignoramuses on this board.

The article clearly stated that the seaport was started by the past administration but was abandoned halfway without giving any reason.

I don't believe the abandoned line of the story because it was a five years project provided the funds are consistently coming as budgeted

Tolarin Group is the major sponsor and financier of the project with African Development Bank, European Investment Bank, Standard Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, Diamond Chartered Bank and African Finance Corporation.

The FG contributed $118 million as a minor investor and they held the project back by paying just $5 million out ot the $118 million.

The arrangement is the same with the Lekki deep seaport with private investor contributing 60%, Lagos state 20% and the FG %20%.

And just like they did in Badagry, they delayed the Lekki project for years by not paying the FG's $200 million share.

Same way they held back the Lagos Metro Red line by refusing to grant right off way approval...

That was a very worthless, incompetent and unpatriotic administration, they delayed many major projects by not funding them all while they were looting, stealing and sharing billions of dollars..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by ba7man(m): 5:03pm On Aug 04, 2016
lexyclasy:
Dont spill thrash read and get informed......Ibaka Deep seaport at ORON would have gone far if not the Fed. govt indicating interest in the project yet could not commit their counterpart funding.....that is the same thing that witness in the power sector....Akwa ibom was the first state that built a brand new FEED power plant of 191megawatt station at ikot Abasi with full transmission line to the major cities of the state....yet Fed government fail to comply with the Generation and Transmission deal to enable the firm to be viable.....a state that consume within a region of less than 100megawatt and fed want it to generate and transmit to the national grid without adequate agreement can you do that

My problem with you people is that the SW are known to use their mouth more than anything else Dangote try to built refnery at ILOKO b/w ondo and ogun BUT because OF BUSINESS PROXIMITY HE MOVE IT TO Lagos does it mean that those other two states in SW were unstable...you people talk too much.....Lagos have no excuse not to be ahead of any other state.as a nations former capital with fed infrastructures and fed allocation vested for over 3decades again considering the size of lagos with just 3,345kmsq in size ...so let me here something let other SW state lure investors in the same spirit you are talking about Lagos then i will know the real S-westerners.....mtchewwwww

Finally if you think investors are running away from SS then you must only think of that with your keyboard i advice you to visit Trans amadi industrial layout phase 1,2,3 and 4...then take a move to ELEME and ONNE and see things for yourself...take it or leave it SS still holds the economy of the nation.....period.......dealt with the marginalization syndrome meted to the region stop crying wolves......that is the bane of agitation
Then Why are people like you always crying over Lagos projects?

Since you hold the economy, what are you guys complaining for then?

Ogun State and Oyo are already emerging economic giant's in Nigeria so don't even mention Akwa Ibom in the same sentence.

8 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by aresa: 5:12pm On Aug 04, 2016
Despite the yearly allocation of several billions of naira for the construction of a proposed greenfield deep seaport at Ibaka in Akwa Ibom State by both the State Government and the Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA) since 2011, the project has remained elusive, with no evidence of a port being built at the proposed site.

The project is missing in the National Integrated Infrastructure Master Plan and in the list of similar projects planned in partnership between the federal government and state government, with expectations of private investors collaborations, investigations by LEADERSHIP have revealed.

The Ibaka Deep Seaport, a project for which the federal ministry of transport, the NPA and the Akwa Ibom State Government have held several workshops and taken commendations at several events is also missing in a maritime and air transport report prepared by Steer Davies Gleave for the Infrastructure Consortium for Africa (ICA) hosted by

The African Development Bank.

The study, which was carried out to assess the potential for enhanced private participation in the maritime and air transport sectors in Africa however identified the Lekki Deep Seaport measuring 970m of container berths, 320m dry bulk berth, 1-2 oil berths and located 60km east of Lagos.

The Badagry greefield port, Koko Port and Olokola Port were also listed with their capacity and promoters.

The water at Ibaka is said to have a natural draft of 11 metres, without dredging, making it a huge potential for possible deep seaport construction.

Akwa Ibom State has continued to budget for the port, which Governor Godswill Akpabio said would create employment for 100,000 Nigerians.

The NPA had also told LEADERSHIP in Uyo at the PCC meeting that the deep seaport would be completed in 2015.

When LEADERSHIP visited the proposed site of the deep seaport at Ibaka, there was nothing to show that a seaport was being planned at coastal community.

A lonely dilapidated narrow road, better described as a colonial road leads to Ibaka, from Oron. As early as 2011, the Akwa Ibom State Governor told a Nigeria Ports Consultative Council (PCC) meeting in Uyo that his government had concluded plans to dualise the road.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201312160580.html

Talking about Ibaka..

Akpabio budgeted funds yearly for that imaginary deep seaport and pocketed every kobo with not even land clearing or fencing to show.

This is why I laugh when people talk about ibaka deep seaport. There's no such thing, it's not even in the FG National Integrated Infrastructure Master Plan..

This is how worthless, vision less and corrupt leaders in that region betray and kill that region everyday... And they love to cry marginalization, neglect and discrimination...smh.

11 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by LORDOFTHEOSU: 5:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
obailala:

Close your mouth too man, I also live outside the country so I am also privileged to have an unbiased, detribalised and out-of-the-box vantage view of the situation. Besides Abuja (FCT) and Lagos (ex-FCT), kindly point out to me any region or state where the FG has invested anything or which receives this so called 'FG ATTENTION' which you and many other indoctrinated ones keep lamenting about?... And by the way, what exactly do you mean by the "FG refusing to invest or refusing to force/compel investors to invest in the region?"...

I cited an example of shoprite Warri being attacked and looted by some idiotic youth of one community late last year. When nonsensical acts like that are the norm, it beats my imagination why anyone who claims to be unsentimental, objective and smart should be surprised when similar businesses become reluctant to come to the SS; it's even more ridiculous when some persons choose to accuse the FG or 'other tribes/regions' for the indiscretions of these youths.

Regarding the SS seaports, importers boycotted the SS seaports because of insecurity (pirates and irate youths demanding undue settlements) and that is what killed those ports. I don't need to remind you that Igbos are the biggest importers in Nigeria and these businessmen were not foolish when they began opting to go all the way to Lagos instead of using closeby ports. It wasn't the FG that chased importers to Lagos.

A businessman takes his business to a place where he hopes to make more money; he doesn't site his business in a location to please anyone at the expense of his profits. That is the reason why you have Igbo businessmen for example in every corner of Nigeria doing their thing. Capt. Iheanacho is presently making moves to site his planned refinery in Lagos. As foolish as this may seem for most people, the fact remains that it is his sole prerogative. The man is not a fool, he simply cares more about his profits than he cares about trying to develop the SE or please anyone - he's simply a businessman.

You just asked whether the Badagry port is more viable than constructing ports close to the SE; are you aware the proposed port is a state government initiative?.... Does it make any rational sense to you suggesting that Ambode should build a seaport in the SS or SE?... Like I keep saying, contrary to your claim of not being sentimental, if sentiments aren't obscuring your objectivity, this issue should be a commonsensical matter...

And finally, you asked me whether I'm being paid or whether I am Yoruba, sorry I'm not being paid by anyone and I'm not Yoruba. I just can't quietly watch people making baseless arguments, lamenting unnecessarily and throwing lots of common sense and objectivity to the wind all because of some tribal/ethnic/political sentiments.

Saving this masterpiece for posterity cool

6 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by LORDOFTHEOSU: 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2016
aresa:

Talking about Ibaka..

Akpabio budgeted funds yearly for that imaginary deep seaport and pocketed every kobo with not even land clearing or fencing to show.

This is why I laugh when people talk about ibaka deep seaport. There's no such thing, it's not even in the FG National Integrated Infrastructure Master Plan..

This is how worthless, vision less and corrupt leaders in that region betray and kill that region everyday... And they love to cry marginalization, neglect and discrimination...smh.

Let me see the OSU that will bring up the matter of Ibaka seaport again on this forum after reading this angry

Even the only outlet that shoprite decided to locate in warri, asawana boys looted and vandalized it in less than 6 months of opening yet they'll scream marginalization angry

Ibadan already has 2 shoprite outlets that are growing from strength to strength and they're about to get the 3rd one with the numerous jobs it has created for citizens of Oyo state. Later some abandoned OSU will carry placard and go report shoprite at ICC for economic genocide angry

7 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Ojukwufrank: 5:47pm On Aug 04, 2016
CSTR12:
Yes, Goodluck with that.
That is actually the best outcome which i am sure most in the SE/SS would be happy with finally. But i hope you caution your herdsmen and islamists from encroaching our territory.
Any possible enroachment would be met with isreali-like action.

Attachee man, leave SS alone and speak for your dungeon alone.

7 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by CSTR12: 6:23pm On Aug 04, 2016
Ojukwufrank:

Attachee man, leave SS alone and speak for your dungeon alone.
But the idiott didn't add the SS to his new nation na.
Besides, i have parental links to the SS. But alright, keep your islamists and fulani herdsmen from the SE. Good enough by me.
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by LORDOFTHEOSU: 6:35pm On Aug 04, 2016
CSTR12:
Yes, Goodluck with that.
That is actually the best outcome which i am sure most in the SE/SS would be happy with finally. But i hope you caution your herdsmen and islamists from encroaching our territory.
Any possible enroachment would be met with isreali-like action.

See threats na!! cheesy

Una can chest beat like kilode. even when Ugwuanyi is requesting fasting and prayer, you're here dishing out e-threats as usual cheesy

6 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by LORDOFTHEOSU: 6:37pm On Aug 04, 2016
CSTR12:
Besides, i have parental links to the SS. But alright, keep your islamists and fulani herdsmen from the SE. Good enough by me.

The SS already have tough people speaking for them and they're showing by their actions that they won't accept the status quo.

Do your own and stop hiding behind ijaw warriors cheesy

5 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by CSTR12: 6:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
LORDOFTHEOSU:

The SS already have tough people speaking for them and they're showing by their actions that they won't accept the status quo.

Do your own and stop hiding behind ijaw warriors cheesy
What do you think the likes of IPOB and co are doing? Do you have anybody as brave as Nnamdi kanu in your entire ethnic group? grin
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by CSTR12: 6:43pm On Aug 04, 2016
LORDOFTHEOSU:

See threats na!! cheesy

Una can chest beat like kilode. even when Ugwuanyi is requesting fasting and prayer, you're here dishing out e-threats as usual cheesy

Actually that is a statement of fact.
Even under backward Nigeria, islamic fundamentalism does not exist in the SE. The last time fulani went on rampage in abia state, saw what nearly became a whole scale counter-attack that took the army to quell.
Any encroachment would not be tolerated. A fulani dominated unprofessional army would not exist in that nation.
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by LORDOFTHEOSU: 7:00pm On Aug 04, 2016
CSTR12:
What do you think the likes of IPOB and co are doing? Do you have anybody as brave as Nnamdi kanu in your entire ethnic group? grin

No. we don't have the type of 'bravery' that leads ignorant souls to get wasted on the altars of chest beating FOR NOTHING!

Ojuwku wasted 3 million lives in 1967. Uwazurike wasted thousands with massob. (even azikiwe GEJ roasted 55 and dumped them in Ezzu river). The albino dilector is already wasting his while his wife and kid are enjoying the donations in a safe European country.

We think with our heads as God designed it to be, not with our fists and catapults cheesy

9 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by CSTR12: 7:18pm On Aug 04, 2016
Re: FEC Approves Seaport For Badagry, Lagos by Ojukwufrank: 7:25pm On Aug 04, 2016
[s]
CSTR12:
[/s]

Parental links indeed. Face your dungeon and stop forcing yourself on others. Learn to have small shame nah.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku And Buhari All Smiles, Shake Hands At Peace Accord Signing (PHOTOS) / Buhari: "I Would Have Been Part Of Fulani Herdsmen If I Didn't Go To School" / Fayose Has Become A Legend In Nigerian Politics – Shekarau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.