Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,657 members, 7,937,952 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 02:42 PM

Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? (20924 Views)

Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment / Difference Between Blue Collar And White Collar Jobs / Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by lonelydora: 9:15am On Aug 04, 2016
akins56:
they are only operating in northern states for now, morelike a regional licensed bank.

They have a branch at waterlines in Ph. It's a new branch. Except they haven't opened for business.
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by kwaso: 9:15am On Aug 04, 2016
U that is shouting self employment and u are working with NNPC. Hmmm, there's God oh[b][/b]
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by omoikea(m): 9:19am On Aug 04, 2016
i deal with clients and not boss that's the best way to make money now
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Skmoda360(m): 9:38am On Aug 04, 2016
veekid:
sad I'll go with self employed, the joy of being my own boss
that's the way my bro, i hate working under any nigga or niggress.
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by brownjulie(f): 10:12am On Aug 04, 2016
Jarus:

If you're going into self employment, because you're too lazy to work for someone, you will do worse in self employment. Self employment actually entails more hardwork.
sir, am not going into self employment, am self employed angry.... laziness in the sense that I wake up 8am except for sundays... unlike employed fokes that wakes up as early as 5am
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by kaybababa: 10:52am On Aug 04, 2016
Join me this Saturday at Chapters Hotel Mini Hall, near Mama Cass, Around Amala Junction, Along Fagba, Abule- Elba. Lagos State, for free, come and learn & earn how to become master of yourself. Stop looking for Job let job look for u, stop working for money, let your money work for you. Theme: poverty has enter one chance this year. Whatsup me on 08053809810

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by alowonle02(m): 11:56am On Aug 04, 2016
Self employed is very crucial. Waiting for white colla job is d begiining of wasting of time. Let start with litle capital we have now. We re all know dat there is no job opportunity in Nigeria before furthering more in education.
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Sirwallace(m): 12:10pm On Aug 04, 2016
my opinion, I will go for white collar job and make savings for the capital of a start up business that can sustain me in case I lost the job security of the white collar job.
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Basalt(m): 12:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
grossintel:
let me make it easier for you, my pastor use to say where you are today is as a result of what you know. Do you think every self employed dude had millions or access to loans. Let me make easier for you again, I started two of my businesses with very little money, but I always knew what I had to do to raise the millions I need. Stop hiding in ignorance and ask the right questions how do i raise capital? you will find the answers you need.

Bros sometimes money is not the main problem,
Another thing is idea.

Even if you give me 2million Now, I will use it to travel outside for my Msc.

What business do you do currently, let me know if that can help out.

I have more than 400k in my savings account but the problem is I don't know what to do with it, thank God I still live with my parents if not, I might be tempted to spend from it.

My intention is to wait for job, once I get job, I will increase the cash to about 4million and travel to Canada for my masters (thank God I have a good Bsc result)
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by goldtooth: 12:57pm On Aug 04, 2016
I go with being self employed. Some bosses could be very annoying. The fear of downsizing or of being fired is not there. If you have capital and the required temperament and discipline being self employed is the best route
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2016
Basalt:

Another thing is idea.

I have more than 400k in my savings account but the problem is I don't know what to do with it, thank God I still live with my parents if not, I might be tempted to spend from it.

My intention is to wait for job, once I get job, I will increase the cash to about 4million and travel to Canada for my masters (thank God I have a good Bsc result)
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2016
Basalt:

Another thing is idea.

oil marketing, Telcom and haulage. I guess entrepreneurship is not for everyone. You are motivated by what you know good luck.
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by An0nimus: 3:44pm On Aug 04, 2016
Jarus:

If you're going into self employment because you're too lazy to work for someone, you will do worse in self employment. Self employment actually entails more hardwork.

100% true
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by An0nimus: 3:56pm On Aug 04, 2016
Like most of us shouting 'self employment' will turn down a job that pays 400k per month grin. With that kind of income you can save up after 2/3 years and build a house/shops then put it on rent. Get some passive income.

I'll take a good paying job over self employment any day. Being self employed doesn't mean you don't work for anyone, you work for the customer. He pays for your service. If you decide to not work for a couple days na you hungry go beat. I understand you have some form of freedom though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NPA Recruitment / The Biggest Mistakes 20-something Job Seekers Make - Forbes / 100 Job Seekers March To Alausa In Protest Of No Job (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.