Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,244 members, 7,880,904 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:57 AM

To Build Another House Or Invest In Business - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / To Build Another House Or Invest In Business (15853 Views)

Would You Build A House With 40m Or Invest It In Bonds? / ASPEN INVESTMENT Company-has Anyone Heard Or Invest With This Company Before / Build Or Invest In A Money Making Machine Build Or Invest In An App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by TDstarr: 1:48pm On Aug 04, 2016
Electroweb:

Lol! I asked a simple question and you are ranting. How does my question show what is in my mind? Smh
learn how to ask mature questions next time.... *cheers*
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 04, 2016
omotohdarajugbogbolo:
Hello house,

Been a while on here.

Alright now to the main issue on ground.

Haven saved up for a while now, I need advice if I should use the money in building another house or invest in a business.

Would really appreciate positive contribution.

Regards.

How much are we talking about
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 04, 2016
Koolking:

Properties are assets and investments.

Op, can build another house and rent it out either for residential purposes or commercial purposes, dependent on the location of the house. He can make way comfortable returns in a couple of months. Real Estate business is good business if you ask me

There's a clear difference between building a house for the sole seek of owning a house or for rentage seek , and owning/running a property/real estate as a business concern. So, not all houses are good assets or flourishing investments.

1 Like

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by basadenet: 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2016
No business is certain in Nigeria for now it in future, so I advise you invest in building and you will never regret.
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 04, 2016
From the response on this thread i can see why many Nigerians are poor. Investment is only a risk,if you have no practical knowledge about what you are doing.
Investment is of 2 types....
Investing for cashflow ....only for those who wants financial freedom and not job security.
investing for capital gains...Ymodulus engages so much in business like this i.e the tomato business.
If the OP is looking for business ideas
you have
tipper
cement sales combined with cement block industry
pure water factory
transportation business if you can get a reliable bus driver
...instead of buiding another house give
cashew/oil palm plantation a trial i.e 440 seedling planted per acre for heavy density planting.. Agricultural investment requires patience.
I in particular i dont have a job but i saved enough to build an investment that would fetch me cash in coming years either i work or not thus i practice what i preach.
I would advice nysc corpers if they have lands in their villages to invest their allawe,give agricultural plantation a trial...preferably cashew coz oil palm need machinery for processing which doesn't come cheap,seeds can be gotten from Adp's.

make i keep quiet jaare....lol.

2 Likes

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Ojugunrege(f): 2:22pm On Aug 04, 2016
Jesona:
Op, if you have upto 4.5M, send me a pm. I will introduce to you a business that gurantees you aleast 250k every week. No jokes o, very serious matter. One good thing is not a sesonal business, from January to December you are earning your money every week for sure. Imagine if you run it for a complete seven years, and also expand as you earn. There is no estate you can not afford to buy at the long run.

Edited: Mind you, i said atleast o, that means it could be more than that. I just did not want to mention the much you can make from it every week, so it does not sound too good to be true!

can you throw more light on this investment?
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Electroweb(m): 2:40pm On Aug 04, 2016
TDstarr:
learn how to ask mature questions next time.... *cheers*

From the responses it is easy to deduce who is immature.

1 Like

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Koolking(m): 2:45pm On Aug 04, 2016
Empero1:

There's a clear difference between building a house for the sole seek of owning a house or for rentage seek , and owning/running a property/real estate as a business concern. So, not all houses are good assets or flourishing investments.

Op already built one, wondering what he would be doing with a second house at his age if not to lease for a fee.
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Electroweb(m): 2:47pm On Aug 04, 2016
Ojugunrege:

can you throw more light on this investment?

I always feel somehow suspicious when people talk about businesses with high returns but cannot state what exactly it is in the open.

1 Like

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by EagleScribes: 3:09pm On Aug 04, 2016
Owlumeday:
lolz.. Funny though.. Well we see things differently.. But saying agriculture is vague in this century shows u need a lot of information. Agriculture is diverse.. Animal or plants both are money spinners..

You just reiterated my point. Is it crop production or animal husbandry? Is it in the aspect of production or storage or transportation or general agribusiness?

Agriculture is so wide and diverse such that you can't wake up one day to "invest" into it. You have to be specific on an area of Agriculture. Hope you get my point. If not, all the best

1 Like

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Teeneyo(m): 3:30pm On Aug 04, 2016
I own a school and will like to do some renovation for d upcoming term and put in place aggressive marketing strategy to capture new intakes.
I need the sum of 200,000 naira.
I will pay back 260,000,in form of monthly income.
That is 26000 per month for 10 months.
You can renew the investment if you wish after the time limit.
Call me on 08100025587.
Whatsapp me on 09050977779.
Thank you.
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by kinmarax: 3:43pm On Aug 04, 2016
I am intested in sound and profitable business ideas from smart Nigerians within a decent investment threshold. Please, I will really appreciate if you can send me a detailed plan of the business, the cost implication (office rent inclusive), the profit margin, the partnership terms and expected time to break even to enable me make an informed decision about investing. Am looking at an initial investment of a little over 3 million Naira and subsequent investment depending on the profitability. Contact me on: sundayjiana@yahoo.com please ensure you drop your phone number should I require further clarification. Thank you
my email: sundayjiana@yahoo.com

Jesona:
Op, if you have upto 4.5M, send me a pm. I will introduce to you a business that gurantees you aleast 250k every week. No jokes o, very serious matter. One good thing is not a sesonal business, from January to December you are earning your money every week for sure. Imagine if you run it for a complete seven years, and also expand as you earn. There is no estate you can not afford to buy at the long run.

Edited: Mind you, i said atleast o, that means it could be more than that. I just did not want to mention the much you can make from it every week, so it does not sound too good to be true!
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by benideey(m): 4:21pm On Aug 04, 2016
As Population Increases, there will always be need for more infrastructures. Shelter is a basic need of man. People will always need a place to lay their heads. Investing in a house is worthwhile. Also, there's tendency for rent to appreciate with time depending on the location of structure.
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by emtol: 4:54pm On Aug 04, 2016
I don't know whether u are a civil servant or not, and 3 R are involved in salary earnings (Resign, Retrench, Retire). And from what u said u have built a house a more before. So, in my own perspective investing is d best for now. House will also need maintenance although it's also an investment but d returns is not always huge on a short run. Investors take risks to be rich. I'll only advice u don't risk a very risky business.
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by MissShakara: 5:13pm On Aug 04, 2016
Jesona I am interested in your proposal. I am equally in thesame dilemma as the op. Kindly send me an email. thanks
Jesona:

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Fhowe: 5:27pm On Aug 04, 2016
Nobody told you when you were building your first house another scammer on the prowl op please take this down
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Azeeztaophic(m): 5:30pm On Aug 04, 2016
House biz, if you are ok with your place of work you can build more house, it's also an investment, but if the working place is not ok, you can embark on biz and get your self employed and build house.
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Haybeecoded: 6:34pm On Aug 04, 2016
How much in question Before any adbvice could Be made I fink that's first thing that gets the decision open and fixed trust me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by otswag(m): 10:54pm On Aug 04, 2016
Kai! Na dis kain dilema people dey pray for
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by TheUnbeatable(m): 11:07am On Aug 05, 2016
@Op:

Why not look at Agri-Real Estate.

Peoples income can decrease and they move put of houses.

If you build agricultural houses in agricultural areas like poultry house with cage, piggery, fish ponds, store and many other structures, you get better value for your investment.

If you invest in volumes, you get your ROI fattened.

There is no economic recession that can affect your investment because people will eat everyday.

If one goes out of business and packs out, many others are looking for empty agric houses to expand or start their agribusiness.

Apart from that, many middle class are taking solace in agriculture now but can't venture because of high capital base for building agri-structures.

I can continue listing other statement of problems that warrant investment in Agri-Real estate.

Mind you, I gave the name for the enterprise (Agri-Real estate).

You can consider the option and make up your mind fast because money is a visitor.

God bless your work,

Sincerely,

1 Like

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by TheUnbeatable(m): 11:18am On Aug 05, 2016
IHate9ja1:
From the response on this thread i can see why many Nigerians are poor. Investment is only a risk,if you have no practical knowledge about what you are doing.
Investment is of 2 types....
Investing for cashflow ....only for those who wants financial freedom and not job security.
investing for capital gains...Ymodulus engages so much in business like this i.e the tomato business.
If the OP is looking for business ideas
you have
tipper
cement sales combined with cement block industry
pure water factory
transportation business if you can get a reliable bus driver
...instead of buiding another house give
cashew/oil palm plantation a trial i.e 440 seedling planted per acre for heavy density planting.. Agricultural investment requires patience.
I in particular i dont have a job but i saved enough to build an investment that would fetch me cash in coming years either i work or not thus i practice what i preach.
I would advice nysc corpers if they have lands in their villages to invest their allawe,give agricultural plantation a trial...preferably cashew coz oil palm need machinery for processing which doesn't come cheap,seeds can be gotten from Adp's.

make i keep quiet jaare....lol.

Be careful with giving advice.

Agriculture is good business but need wisdom and done in volume.

God bless your work

Sincerely
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 05, 2016
omotohdarajugbogbolo:
Hello house,

Been a while on here.

Alright now to the main issue on ground.

Haven saved up for a while now, I need advice if I should use the money in building another house or invest in a business.

Would really appreciate positive contribution.

Regards.

There is nothing as good as house.

Speaking from painful experience.

You can lose in business but you cant lose with real estate.
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Delafruita(m): 9:45am On Aug 07, 2016
MetaHuman:
Build another house

House is a good investment
a house is not a good investment, its a good asset in most cases. In some other cases, a house will just be a liability. That doesnt mean building another house isnt good, but there has to be an analysis of other variables like how much does the individual have on ground. Sometimes its good to start a business and when it starts to grow, use profits to build another house, other times its good to build a house, collect initial rent and use to start a business. There is no "one size fits all". Sometimes you might not recoup your cost of building a house for up to 10-15 years. Thats npt even calculating for inflation so how is that a good investment?

1 Like

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Delafruita(m): 9:46am On Aug 07, 2016
Naughtysite:

There is nothing as good as house.

Speaking from painful experience.

You can lose in business but you cant lose with real estate.
very wrong assertion. Unless real estate is your full time occupation, building a house isnt always a good investment
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Delafruita(m): 9:51am On Aug 07, 2016
Teeneyo:
I own a school and will like to do some renovation for d upcoming term and put in place aggressive marketing strategy to capture new intakes.
I need the sum of 200,000 naira.
I will pay back 260,000,in form of monthly income.
That is 26000 per month for 10 months.
You can renew the investment if you wish after the time limit.
Call me on 08100025587.
Whatsapp me on 09050977779.
Thank you.
where is the school located? If its in lagos, We can offer you a short term loan facility for 1-3 months but you must have collateral. Send a mail to dominionfinancials@gmail.com if interested
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 07, 2016
Delafruita:
very wrong assertion. Unless real estate is your full time occupation, building a house isnt always a good investment

grin Two years ago, i said thesame thing you just said. Experience has taught me never to assume to know anything.

Read the latest interview granted by Ibeto and understand.

https://www.nairaland.com/2608768/cletus-ibeto-man-spurned-saddams#47966579
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 07, 2016
Delafruita:
a house is not a good investment, its a good asset in most cases. In some other cases, a house will just be a liability. That doesnt mean building another house isnt good, but there has to be an analysis of other variables like how much does the individual have on ground. Sometimes its good to start a business and when it starts to grow, use profits to build another house, other times its good to build a house, collect initial rent and use to start a business. There is no "one size fits all". Sometimes you might not recoup your cost of building a house for up to 10-15 years. Thats npt even calculating for inflation so how is that a good investment?
house is a good investment for me especially in Nigeria that you don't have to pay property tax.

You don't recuperate your money when it comes to houses.. You could sell the house if you want your money back and still make more of the actual cost of the house.
Even if the house don't worth anything in the future which hardly is the case, the land would have appreciated.. Lands don't despericiate no matter how nasty the area.

E.g, a friend sold one of his fathers house to mtn. MTn didn't need the house but the land. Looking at the structure of the house, it doesn't worth 5million, but he sold it 45million to mtn.

House is a kind of investment you can put your mind to rest if you have it, unlike other investment where bad economy or anything could happen.
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Delafruita(m): 7:30am On Aug 08, 2016
Naughtysite:

grin Two years ago, i said thesame thing you just said. Experience has taught me never to assume to know anything.

Read the latest interview granted by Ibeto and understand.

https://www.nairaland.com/2608768/cletus-ibeto-man-spurned-saddams#47966579
well, my experience has taught me exactly what i stated earlier. I didnt say building a house is not a good investment, i said it isnt always a good investment. People have this notion that its the best investment ever and the safest but that isnt always the case. I havent built many houses, but having built six and currently on the seventh, i can at least say i have a little experience. For me however, its like a hobby,. I derive a certain high from converting an empty space into something else. For some people its beer, car for some and women for others, for me its small houses. But i can admit to the fact that if i had invested the funds i have used in building houses over the past 3 years in bonds or treausry bills, i would have made a good yield.

1 Like

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Delafruita(m): 7:41am On Aug 08, 2016
MetaHuman:
house is a good investment for me especially in Nigeria that you don't have to pay property tax.

You don't recuperate your money when it comes to houses.. You could sell the house if you want your money back and still make more of the actual cost of the house.
Even if the house don't worth anything in the future which hardly is the case, the land would have appreciated.. Lands don't despericiate no matter how nasty the area.

E.g, a friend sold one of his fathers house to mtn. MTn didn't need the house but the land. Looking at the structure of the house, it doesn't worth 5million, but he sold it 45million to mtn.

House is a kind of investment you can put your mind to rest if you have it, unlike other investment where bad economy or anything could happen.
land appreciates in value but not always at a good rate. There are areas where the rate of appreciation in five yearsvis less than 5%.
A house isnt a liquid investment. You can easily turn it to cash whenever you want. It takes years for some people to be able to sell their house. I currently have up to 4 hoises my clients have for sale. Some have been on the market for three years before been assigned to me
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 08, 2016
Delafruita:
land appreciates in value but not always at a good rate. There are areas where the rate of appreciation in five yearsvis less than 5%.
A house isnt a liquid investment. You can easily turn it to cash whenever you want. It takes years for some people to be able to sell their house. I currently have up to 4 hoises my clients have for sale. Some have been on the market for three years before been assigned to me
either way, it won't go anywhere before you sell it..

Which investment can you put your mind to rest in Nigeria and still guarantee good returns?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shares (stocks) Or Mutual Funds? / Brisk Capital Limited Legit Or Scam!. / Are Banks Legally Supposed To Charge Parallel Rate For Online Transactions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.