Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,713 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:44 PM

The Benefits Of Marriage: Why You Should Marry Quickly - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Benefits Of Marriage: Why You Should Marry Quickly (1232 Views)

UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION:5 Sensible Reasons You Should Marry A Gal Between 19 & 22 / "Women Should Marry 4 Husbands Also" - Muslim Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Benefits Of Marriage: Why You Should Marry Quickly by robosky02(m): 1:43pm On Aug 04, 2016
The Benefits of Marriage

Marriage is linked to health and economic benefits. Married individuals tend to have better physicalhealth, psychological well-being, and a lower mortality risk. Financially, married men tend to earnmore, and married women are less likely to fall into poverty. Marriage is also linked to greater wealthaccumulation.

1.Married couples report greater sexual satisfaction. The highest levels of sexual satisfaction were reported by individuals who were in married, monogamous relationships, while those who were single or cohabiting reported slightly lower levels of sexual satisfaction.1

2.Married women report higher levels of physical and psychological health. Formerly married women reported the worst health while never married women fell between these two groups. Compared with unmarried women, married women had less job stress, environment stress, child stress, financial stress, and relationship stress. Health measures included self-rated health, distress level, chronic illness, and a number of stress types, ranging from social life stress to job strain.2

3.Married people are more likely to volunteer. Compared to unmarried peers, married adults were1.3 times more likely to have volunteered for socialservices and averaged 1.4 times more volunteer hours.3

4.Being married increases the likelihood of affluence. This association applied to all age groups.4

5.Married people tend to experience less depression and fewer problems with alcohol. Men who married and stayed married tended to be less depressed than those who remained single. Among women, marriage was associated with fewer alcohol problems.5

6.Getting married increases the probability of moving out of a poor neighborhood. Marriage nearly doubled the probability that a person would move from a poor to a non-poor neighborhood. Likewise, the dissolution of a marriage more than doubled the probability that a person would move from a non-poor to poor neighborhood. Among blacks, marital dissolution increased the likelihood of moving from a non-poor to a poor neighborhood almost six-fold.6

7.Married men make more money. Taking into consideration a number of factors including educational attainment, compared with unmarried peers, married men earned, on average, 20 percent more in wages.7

8.Ever-married women are less likely to experience poverty. Compared to never-married peers, women who had ever been married were substantially less likely to be poor—regardless of race, family background, non-marital births, or education. Ever-married women have a poverty rate that was roughly one-third lower than the poverty rate of never-married women. Currently married women had an even lower probability of living in poverty—about two-thirds lower than other women.8

9.Marriage is associated with a lower mortality risk. Compared to married individuals, those who have never been married had nearly twice the mortality risk. Divorced or separated individuals ran a mortality risk more than 50 percent higher than those who were married. The black-white mortality gap narrowed when marital status was taken into account.9

http://www.familyfacts.org/briefs/1/the-benefits-of-marriage
Re: The Benefits Of Marriage: Why You Should Marry Quickly by 0ubenji(m): 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2016
My broda, liv matter for mathias. Evritin get advantage on hin own. Even suicide sef get advantage. No be ur post go mk me marry earlier than my resolve not to.
Re: The Benefits Of Marriage: Why You Should Marry Quickly by robosky02(m): 2:04pm On Aug 04, 2016
0ubenji:
My broda, liv matter for mathias. Evritin get advantage on hin own. Even suicide sef get advantage. No be ur post go mk me marry earlier than my resolve not to.

you are still missing a lot settle down cheesy
Re: The Benefits Of Marriage: Why You Should Marry Quickly by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 04, 2016
Na force? undecided
Re: The Benefits Of Marriage: Why You Should Marry Quickly by 0ubenji(m): 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2016
robosky02:

you are still missing a lot settle down cheesy
Ofcuz..u r correct, I'm missing a lot that I've actually CHOSEN TO AVOID for the meantime, FOR REASONS BEST KNOWN TO ME.
Re: The Benefits Of Marriage: Why You Should Marry Quickly by robosky02(m): 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2016
LizGray:
Na force? undecided
stay here

every Saturday some one gets married you area here

soon you'll know its
very important grin
Re: The Benefits Of Marriage: Why You Should Marry Quickly by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 04, 2016
robosky02:
stay here
every Saturday some one gets married you area here
soon you'll know its very important grin
Tell that to your single sisters tongue
Re: The Benefits Of Marriage: Why You Should Marry Quickly by robosky02(m): 2:19pm On Aug 04, 2016
LizGray:
Tell that to your single sisters tongue

just told you na... cheesy

like serious think again oh

ok check this

https://www.nairaland.com/3265008/anu-yusuf-marries-graduates-same
Re: The Benefits Of Marriage: Why You Should Marry Quickly by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2016
robosky02:

just told you na... cheesy

like serious think again oh

ok check this

https://www.nairaland.com/3265008/anu-yusuf-marries-graduates-same
La click la bend tongue grin
Re: The Benefits Of Marriage: Why You Should Marry Quickly by robosky02(m): 2:24pm On Aug 04, 2016
LizGray:
La click la bend tongue grin

and you missed again tongue
Re: The Benefits Of Marriage: Why You Should Marry Quickly by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 04, 2016
very funny
Re: The Benefits Of Marriage: Why You Should Marry Quickly by Arvinkris(m): 3:22am On Aug 08, 2016
Marry me please
Re: The Benefits Of Marriage: Why You Should Marry Quickly by FreeSpirited: 3:58am On Aug 08, 2016
Research has shown that married men are likely to have more headache than their single counterpart.
Re: The Benefits Of Marriage: Why You Should Marry Quickly by robosky02(m): 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2016
FreeSpirited:
Research has shown that married men are likely to have more headache than their single counterpart.

lol researcher

grin

(1) (Reply)

Check Out These Creative Village Themed Pre-wedding Photos / 7 Sins You Must Never Commit Against A Woman. / These Village Themed Pre-Wedding Photos Defines Adorable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.