Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,191 members, 7,887,452 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:06 AM

Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women (16577 Views)

Opinion!! Why Do Handsome Men Marry Ugly Women?? / Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? / Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by VGA: 9:01am On Sep 22, 2009
just came across this http://kush-kush..com/2006/07/why-nigerian-men-marry-european-women_02.html

Why Nigerian Men marry European Women
I came across this article at this site and tears almost came to my eyes when I read it. (the error in numbering is hers and not mine).

I’m an Irish woman and have worked in a refugee centre as a paralegal for five years representing asylum seekers to remain in Ireland. In my time served in this field I have learned the main reasons as to why they marry European Union nationals and it is as follows.

Ten reasons why Nigerian men marry European women (please note this does not include those with full refugee status recognition, doctors, engineers, or those who have ordinarily been resident in an European Union member state for at least five years):

1. Stronger legal basis to remain in the European Union.

2. More freedom to move i.e. change jobs, travel

3. To qualify for European Union fees in colleges etc.

3. To appear to be more successful.

4. More time spent in state will be taken into consideration.

5. To gain citizenship of that country with a view to moving to another European Union member state upon receipt of same.

6. Easier to meet people, easier to integrate,

7. Cannot receive a deportation order and much less likely to warrant the attention of the authorities.

8. Use a white woman, milk her, give her ‘milky’ babies and make mince meat of her for five years for everything she has.

9. Trying a white woman an getting the things that an African lady wouldn’t do in bed although I wouldn’t either but most would (talking bj’s etc) only beauty in white women is things like this.

10. Finally, to have Nigerians when you go home on holidays (especially when choosing a wife) kissing the ground you walk on because you live in Europe people will fling themselves in desperation at you. So overall you get a higher status. What an honour, thanks silly white woman! Job well done!!!!! Now I can go and make my twelve kids, real kids that isPersonally if it was done to me, there will be heads rolling!Then again I know what tribe is more fond of this type of behaviour! together with the uneducated. (Sorry blue eyed Britney nice try but a white man would appreciate you more!)

Yasmeen.

To appear more successful? WTF? My reaction is in two parts. One would be to the bastard sellout Nigerian men (in the minority I pray) who have given this ignorant woman the reason to write this stupid article. I must admit I've missed my true vocation in life and that should have been to work in the British High Commission in Nigeria as the Senior Visa officer. I believe this must be an issue of lack of education primarily so if you don't have at least a OND (ordinary national diploma, as issued after 2 years of study at a College of Technology in Nigeria) you would need to give me some serious reason to let your ass leave the shores of the country.

Secondly this stupid Yasmeen woman that despite her five years of paralegal work is still unable to count. Unless I missed it somewhere did this biatch mention love? In a top ten list? What gives her the audacity to feel superior to Nigerians? Call it 'reverse' racism if you will, but this is why I won't even date a white girl talk less of marrying one. Like Eddie Murphy said "my soul belongs to the black race". Oya lets us dedicate the next five minutes to rain epe (curses) on Yasmeen's head!
Posted by Kush at 2:19 AM
Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by sweetpie23: 9:11am On Sep 22, 2009
the main reason is, Self-hatred caused by the white media's negative portrayal of blackness.allowed black men to marry white women.Only the confused Black men do this. The smart, educated, self-loving, self-respecting Black men don't do this. Of course, true love is an exception but I believe everyone should stick with their own race. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by VGA: 9:18am On Sep 22, 2009
the main reason is, Self-hatred caused by the white media's negative portrayal of blackness.allowed black men to marry white women.Only the confused Black men do this. The smart, educated, self-loving, self-respecting Black men don't do this. Of course, true love is an exception but I believe everyone should stick with their own race

you"re 100% right. I cant date/marry a white man, not that am racist or anything like that.

My soul belong to the black race, that just the way it is, you either accept it or you dont.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by Ben13: 9:35am On Sep 22, 2009
yeah
Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by chic2pimp(m): 10:59am On Sep 22, 2009
@ POSTER

Different strokes for different folks. After all we are free to marry whoever we deem fit,aren't we? undecided

It's high time people stop castigating men. Yes men do marry european but so do women.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by whitelexi(m): 11:08am On Sep 22, 2009
Seriously though, y'alls should stop hating and fronting. . .

What do u say to those naija sisters who be sucking up every white man's balls and nuts with the primary intention of citizenship via marriage?? wink wink wink

Thats just food for thought
Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by bblacky(f): 11:12am On Sep 22, 2009
whitelexi:

What do u say to those naija sisters who be sucking up every white man's balls and nuts with the primary intention of citizenship via marriage?? wink wink wink

shocked grin, come to fink about dt, its sound sincere
Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by justwise(m): 11:17am On Sep 22, 2009
whitelexi:

I agree with u mate, 'some' Nigerian girls wouldn't even dance with u in the club cos they are busy eyeing one white bloke.
Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by BloodShed1: 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2009
sweetpie23:

the main reason is, Self-hatred caused by the white media's negative portrayal of blackness.allowed black men to marry white women.Only the confused Black men do this. The smart, educated, self-loving, self-respecting Black men don't do this. Of course, true love is an exception but I believe everyone should stick with their own race. undecided

AH PLEASE COME OFF THAT!! What about the black women who chase white men, yes they are out there lol.

Furthermore alot of it isn't down to self-hatred. What about black women and their nasty attitudes? It is a culture mentality among many black women that in order to be a real black woman you have to be confrontational and rude because they feel its a sign of strength.
Its funny that alot of black women feel that doing the feminine things like cooking, cleaning and catering to their men are what weak or ''white'' women do, yet alot of them wear imitation white hair i.e. weaving/perming etc and that seems perfectly fine to them. So who's being ''confused''?

Delusional or what?!

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by candylips(m): 12:53pm On Sep 22, 2009
men this is wicked o
Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by posakosa(m): 3:11pm On Sep 22, 2009
People should be free to marry whom ever they want.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by Gabry(f): 3:17pm On Sep 22, 2009
Im speechless right now cry
Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 22, 2009
Or maybe they like them and wanted to get married?
Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by Gabry(f): 3:25pm On Sep 22, 2009
^^^ U are a rare Gem
Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by sexyLeamon(f): 3:28pm On Sep 22, 2009
I reserve my comment.
Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by candylips(m): 3:33pm On Sep 22, 2009
are u sure
Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by follypimpi(m): 3:42pm On Sep 22, 2009
justwise:

I agree with u mate, 'some' Nigerian girls wouldn't even dance with u in the club cos they are busy eyeing one white bloke.

That Shit pisses gets on my nerves.
Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 22, 2009
Some of the reasons I hear is for papers or some just mess about with them while their folks are sourcing a "virgin" from the village grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 22, 2009
follypimpi:

That Shit pisses gets on my nerves.

Uhhhmmm I dont know the clubs you frequent but I know white guys are not in black girls radar i.e black girls dont really look at white guys in that way undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by follypimpi(m): 3:44pm On Sep 22, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Some of the reasons I hear is for papers or some just mess about with them while their folks are sourcing a "virgin" from the village grin

does Virgin men still exist shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by follypimpi(m): 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Uhhhmmm I dont know the clubs you frequent but I know white guys are not in black girls radar i.e black girls dont really look at white guys in that way undecided

Clubs in bristol i guess grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by candylips(m): 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2009
follypimpi:

does Virgin men still exist shocked shocked shocked shocked

enough

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by follypimpi(m): 3:46pm On Sep 22, 2009
candylips:

enough

I guess i am 1 then
tongue
Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by whitelexi(m): 3:50pm On Sep 22, 2009
I'm a virgin too ohh grin grin
Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 22, 2009
follypimpi:

Clubs in bristol i guess grin grin grin grin

Nah most black girls I know are not even attracted to white guys like that grin
Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by candylips(m): 3:54pm On Sep 22, 2009
whitelexi:

I'm a virgin too ohh grin grin

u . na who dash u virgin grin u wey don dey tear pussie since them born u grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by whitelexi(m): 3:55pm On Sep 22, 2009
candylips:

u . na who dash u virgin grin u wey don dey tear pussie since them born u grin

Why u dey burn my cable naaa grin grin grin
Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by follypimpi(m): 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Nah most black girls I know are not even attracted to white guys like that grin

Alrightey wink
Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by candylips(m): 5:11pm On Sep 22, 2009
whitelexi:

Why u dey burn my cable naaa grin grin grin

hehehe
Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by sandas: 3:23am On Oct 09, 2009
to get legalised
Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by candylips(m): 10:02am On Oct 09, 2009
^^ wetin
Re: Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women by sandas: 3:55pm On Oct 09, 2009
it is only a few that marry for true love majority marries the fat ones or women old enough to be their grandma

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ / Is It Wise To Marry Your First Boyfriend? / My Experience With A Ghost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.