Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,497 members, 7,885,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:28 PM

News Around The World - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / News Around The World (526 Views)

News Around The World / News Around The World / News Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

News Around The World by Newsbreakers: 4:54am On Aug 05, 2016
Oge Okoye & her cute kids go on vacation together

Nollywood actress Oge Okoye shared these selfies of herself and her children as they begin their summer holidays abroad. She captioned the photo on IG: “OMG!! Glam lovers.. my bunnies are here. I couldn’t contain that inner Joy inside of me….I felt like I was gonna burst open. Grinning all through.. Mums, I guess you know that feeling… Now my summer holidays Part2 begins… Counting down to my little princess’s day..#Augustbaby#UKTurnUpComingsoon#happytogether#

Nigerian medical students in the Carribeans arrested for stealing

Some Nigerian medical students studying in St Vincent and Grenadines in the Caribbean have reportedly been arrested for theft.

The students were awarded scholarships in 2013 under the Rivers State Scholarship schemes.

Two of the sixteen students were nabbed after they were caught stealing, Vanguard gathered.

The students, who reportedly said they resorted to stealing due to lack of funds, complained that the government abandoned them to their own fate for close to 2 years, alleging that they (government) refused to pay their tuition and starving them of their monthly upkeep allowances.

One of the medical scholars, Promise Adimele Amaechi, narrated his ordeal to newsmen while begging the government to intervene.

According to him, “We are supposed to graduate in October this year, but due to non-payment of our school fees, the school authorities have stopped us from our clinical clerkships. The school said we can’t graduate if our school fees are not paid; hence the school has to stop us from completing our remaining clinical rotations.

‘’Moreover, because our upkeep allowances are not paid, we cannot feed and pay our rent. Some of our landlords think we could leave the country without paying them, most students’ travelling documents have been seized and legal action taken against us to recover the debts.

“Two students among us, who recently engaged in stealing and fraud in order to make ends meet, were arrested.

“As I speak to you, I have not eaten for the past three days, this is how bad the situation is with us,” Amaechi added.

The students lamented they have resorted to begging for alms to feed and are now living on the streets as their landlords have ejected them for failing to pay rent.

Confirming the report, the Executive Director of Rivers State Sustainable Development Agency, RSSDA, Mr. Larry Pepple, “Since I took over as the Executive Director of RSSDA in January this year, I met backlog of old tuition and backlog of unpaid living allowances.

“As at today, it has clocked 17 months that the scholars have not received their allowances.

“The ones that are in the final year, the governor has given approval for everything to be paid to them so that they can conclude and return.

“But unfortunately, this approval as we speak, is yet to translate to cash, because of the limited resources.

“We are currently working with the Minister of Finance,” Pepple said, adding that 328 others have returned home to continue their education due to the crippling economic situation.

Michelle Obama among of the most stylish first lady in America’s history

Michelle Obama can easily be crowned as the most stylish first lady in America’s history. She always seems to wow with her grace, lovely smile and designer outfit. Recently, she wore an iconic long sleeveless white gown to the 12th White House state dinner 2016 which left everyone talking and in the past 2 presidential terms, she really has become a fashion icon.

Kanye West, Khloe K & Kylie rush to be with Kris Jenner at car crash scene

Kris Jenner’s family rushed to be by her side as she was treated by paramedics at the scene of a nasty car crash involving her one-week-old $250k Rolls-Royce near her Calabasas home. Her daughters Khloe and Kyli, son-in-law Kanye West and boyfriend Corey Gamble arrived at the scene after they were informed about her accident. They surveyed the wreckage and watched as Kris was treated by medics, who didn’t want to risk injuring her further by removing her from the vehicle.

Justin Bieber rents a huge $10k a night mansion in Hawaii for his two-week vacation

Justin Bieber has rented an impressive ocean-side mansion for a planned two-week summer getaway. The singer is paying $10,000 a night to stay at the stunning Water Falling Estate on Hawaii. The spacious residence is worth approximately $7 million and covers 10,942 sq ft over three floors.

The mansion which is perched above two waterfalls, has five bedrooms and 10 bathrooms, elevators, 2 whirlpools sauna, a wet bar, exterior grill and dining area, 9 hole golf pitch, roof-top night-lit tennis/basketball court with stadium style seating for 450 spectators and a rooftop helipad.

It also has an ‘aquatic centre’ which features a high dive, 2 story water slide and comes with an Olympic sized salt water infinity pool. Not to mention, 2 ATVs were provided for ground transportation.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Despite D Fact Dat Ur Many On Nairalnad Does It Mean Dat / Chinese Man Bought 8 Iphone 7s For His Dog. / Ghana Money Mermaid Giver Of Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.