Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,788 members, 7,879,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 06:19 PM

Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances (12599 Views)

Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances / EFCC To Seize Patience Jonathan’s Property Nationwide / Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by DeKen: 9:56am On Aug 07, 2016
Good
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by komekn(m): 10:22am On Aug 07, 2016
There is something perversely incomprehensible about a judge putting a restraint on a body that is setup to investigate financial crimes, EFCC.

If you are innocent you will be proven innocent.

A judge preventing the normal course and process of the law from taking place. Unfortunately these kind of restraining orders are rife in Nigeria.

I didn't know that a judge can restrict a federal body set up by an act of Parliament. In this regard using the same principle an alleged armed robber should institute a restraining order to prevent the police from investigating him.

It's simple Judicial Madness.
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by feelme3(m): 10:28am On Aug 07, 2016
duni04:

****In 6months to may 2016, the EFCC secured 140 convictions and recovered 6 billion dollars. You should read more instead of sitting in your mom's basement and spewing irresponsible nonsense online. Heres a link to enlighten you and the others whose minds you've poisoned with your jargons. I'm sure you won't open it being the ignorant fellow you are.
https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/204162-efcc-secured-140-convictions-recovered-billions-dollars-6-months-magu.html&ved=0ahUKEwiQ6ofJ867OAhUsAcAKHVzVDkUQFggcMAA&usg=AFQjCNF8CmI5RNXa7uymLOh2clI9Yk1ooA&sig2=Mptci_W_KRHsELveb2N-EQ

****What convictions are you talking about? Where are the names of the convicts abi na your forefathers? And who audited the EFCC to come up with $6B and where are the monies? Gullible retards like you are the type that swallows every news propaganda and eventually kaput with all the regrets on earth.

1 Like

Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by chimauga(m): 10:58am On Aug 07, 2016
Only on PDP states and that makes them working...
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by tonio2wo: 11:00am On Aug 07, 2016
Proofs of fahola's borehole and website fraud are glaring and open, yet no investigation/probe. Why wont people keep say this anti corruption campaign is witch hunt?

1 Like

Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by klosety45: 11:20am On Aug 07, 2016
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:25am On Aug 07, 2016
pjamas:
He is not in trouble yet. they will just disturb the media and at the end its a "story for the gods" #HorseShitPeople

Why do you think so?
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by amaechi1: 11:31am On Aug 07, 2016
doctokwus:
Going to 2yrs to it's administration,not a single conviction,talkless of jail term.
Corruption fight indeed.
Akpabio like others wud just be arraigned and convicted in the media.
I advice Akpabio to decamp to the APC and have all his sins forgiven,probably even a cabinet post later.

FG prosecute, the judiciary convict. We should ask the judiciary to do the needful.
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by ideology(m): 11:48am On Aug 07, 2016
tempest01:
I support this wholeheartedly

Investigate all past governors
no only strong pdp states
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by hannyjay(f): 12:12pm On Aug 07, 2016
Femich18:
What are they investigating? Nah that one we go chop?
if u like sleep no go and hussle wait for buhari to come and feed u
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 07, 2016
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by Kelly2713(m): 12:44pm On Aug 07, 2016
E no concern me. Any ways na Politics
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by Femich18(m): 12:49pm On Aug 07, 2016
hannyjay:
if u like sleep no go and hussle wait for buhari to come and feed u
Lol...I don dey hussle for a very long time no be you go tell me? moreover wetin concern Buhari wetin concern PMB and wetin I talk?
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by busomma: 2:52pm On Aug 07, 2016
The real owner of Lekki Gardens will finally be unmasked if EFCC should get their acts together. Everybody knows that Akpabio's corruption smells to the high havens.
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by mayorcash: 2:56pm On Aug 07, 2016
Pls US Blogger needed as a partner . let do business whatapp me +2348030804833 only serious and straight forward person needed. Dnt add me up if u are not for real.
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by sinistermind(m): 4:38pm On Aug 07, 2016
Why Akwa Ibom state? Rivers State have being shouting about the misappropriation of funds in their state and till now EFCC hasn't decided to look in the books of River State govt. Delta, Bayelsa will be next.
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by Tokety7: 5:22pm On Aug 07, 2016
The mere fact that the AG of a state will wake up one morning and proceed to court without being asked requesting the court should stop all security agents from investigating their finances and officials both current and previous suggest to me that that entire state stinks of corruption. Good decision by the court. Between now and October, I expect efcc to unleash their entire investigative prowess on this state, they will be shocked that Dasuki is a child's play.

1 Like

Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by Tokety7: 5:26pm On Aug 07, 2016
sinistermind:
Why Akwa Ibom state? Rivers State have being shouting about the misappropriation of funds in their state and till now EFCC hasn't decided to look in the books of River State govt. Delta, Bayelsa will be next.

Rivers state don't even need efcc. Go and learn. Wike claims that Amaechi stole. All he needs to do has he has promised over a year ago is to ask his AG to proceed to court and start Amaechi's prosecution. Why is wike scared of presenting his evidences in court to prosecute Amaechi? Does he has immunity? Could it be that is so called evidences are nothing but heap of rubbish? Ur guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by Summer7: 6:14pm On Aug 07, 2016
Deny Governor's direct access to the state fund or finances. Let the people decide who, when to pay and where to disburse finances
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by vikeyz(m): 6:46pm On Aug 07, 2016
Ok o
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by mikolo80: 6:50pm On Aug 07, 2016
doctokwus:
Going to 2yrs to it's administration,not a single conviction,talkless of jail term.
Corruption fight indeed.
can't speed up judiciary

Akpabio like others wud just be arraigned and convicted in the media. you got a better idea?

I advice Akpabio to decamp to the APC and have all his sins forgiven,probably even a cabinet post later.
he will ''return '' the money he stole before he is ''allowed '' in
Or you think amaechi and saraki joined for free?
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by mikolo80: 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2016
Tokety7:

Rivers state don't even need efcc. Go and learn. Wike claims that Amaechi stole. All he needs to do has he has promised over a year ago is to ask his AG to proceed to court and start Amaechi's prosecution. Why is wike scared of presenting his evidences in court to prosecute Amaechi? Does he has immunity? Could it be that is so called evidences are nothing but heap of rubbish? Ur guess is as good as mine.
he knows that he also has education ministry skeletons so it's easier to get into a shove match than an all out mma fight
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by mikolo80: 6:54pm On Aug 07, 2016
Summer7:
Deny Governor's direct access to the state fund or finances. Let the people decide who, when to pay and where to disburse finances
they do. They complicatedly refuse to do so
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by mikolo80: 6:54pm On Aug 07, 2016
Summer7:
who will deny them, you?
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by sinistermind(m): 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2016
Tokety7:

Did anyone write a petition to the EFCC on A/Ibom? The A/Ibom state government got an injunction to discontinue any further investigation into its books. So why is the EFCC adamant in pursuing the A/Ibom case.
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by pjamas(m): 8:43pm On Aug 07, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

Why do you think so?
My sister,
thats the Nigeria trend .
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by Nobody: 1:40am On Aug 08, 2016
feelme3:

****What convictions are you talking about? Where are the names of the convicts abi na your forefathers? And who audited the EFCC to come up with $6B and where are the monies? Gullible retards like you are the type that swallows every news propaganda and eventually kaput with all the regrets on earth.

zombies will believe anything. That unfounded story tells a lot about premium times.
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by Tokety7: 4:03pm On Aug 08, 2016
sinistermind:

Did anyone write a petition to the EFCC on A/Ibom? The A/Ibom state government got an injunction to discontinue any further investigation into its books. So why is the EFCC adamant in pursuing the A/Ibom case.

u av just proven to all that u are so much ignorant of the subject matter.
Yes, a lawyer and activist called Leo Ekpenyong petitioes the EFCC on A/Ibom.

http://www.nigerreporters.com/efcc-begins-probe-of-ex-akwa-ibom-gov-akpabio/

again read the opening post, that injuction u are reffering to has been vacated by the same judge who issued such. so u see, no one is adamant here. the rule of law is being followed. EFCC is free to proceed in her investigation.
Re: Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances by sinistermind(m): 7:02am On Aug 09, 2016
Tokety7:

u av just proven to all that u are so much ignorant of the subject matter.
Yes, a lawyer and activist called Leo Ekpenyong petitioes the EFCC on A/Ibom.

http://www.nigerreporters.com/efcc-begins-probe-of-ex-akwa-ibom-gov-akpabio/

again read the opening post, that injuction u are reffering to has been vacated by the same judge who issued such. so u see, no one is adamant here. the rule of law is being followed. EFCC is free to proceed in her investigation.

But there was an evidence of petition on Amaechi, why didn't the EFCC act on it? I believe all dis is happening to intimidate akpabio

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

1600 Members Dump APC In Edo / Ugwuanyi Denied Being Placed On Hold By The President During 2016 Nimbo Crisis / Open Grazing Ban: We’re Open For Discussion, Miyetti Allah Tells Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.