Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,577 members, 7,934,734 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 12:35 PM

The Best Softwares On Web Design - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Best Softwares On Web Design (1331 Views)

GENESIS FRAMEWORK+THEMES, WORDPRESS/WEB DEVELOPMENT VIDEO TRAINING & SOFTWARES / How To Monitor File Changes On Web Server / Free Ebooks On Web Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Softwares On Web Design by lightwalk(m): 9:57pm On Sep 22, 2009
i have been learning dreamweaver, but it doesn't have all the capability like I expected. Someone suggested Komposer NVU to me, but I haven't downloaded it yet. Is there anyone who have tried it?
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by chocoLove(f): 8:40am On Oct 19, 2009
well dreamweaver is the best as i know. but if you know coding that well then you could go for a simple text editor as notepad++,
else stick with dreamweaver because it has many features and maybe you haven't explore them all wink
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by owner(m): 8:56am On Oct 19, 2009
hEY, What other features are u luking for? Dem dey teach u d simplest one, u neva know am, na advance one u dey pursue, Olodo,
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by smartsoft(m): 10:05am On Oct 19, 2009
you don't know what you talking about poster.
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 20, 2009
Aptana studio is tighter than dreamweaver but dreamweaver got more ease in usage.Nvu is crap or hard to implement.
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by smartsoft(m): 6:59pm On Oct 20, 2009
see if i were to be your client, i don't care what software you use for my job, just deliver my job 2 me.
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by cartoon1b: 7:42pm On Oct 20, 2009
pls and pls can someone out there help on how i can install script on the server can anyone out there teach me that,with step by step picture guide, what and what that i have to do first before, and what and what that i need to do first
here is my email robhilson24@rediff.com
the script is php

actually will be hoping to hear from you soon,

how can i get free sms php script and web search engine script, for free
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by yawatide(f): 8:08pm On Oct 20, 2009
smart:
I think he is talking about developers not clients tongue
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by smartsoft(m): 11:06am On Oct 21, 2009
wait, ya wa who owns the website his doing.
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by akitoyeo(m): 12:08pm On Oct 21, 2009
Hi,
There are many softwares for the design of Website but i tell you that Dreamweaver is the best of all. You need to lay your hand on a very good ebook that takes you by the hand and walk you through the use of Dreamweaver. You can contact me on 08037865302 for this.
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2009
Top web dev
1.Dreamweaver{if click and construct is your style}
2.aptana Studio{vast support for modern frameworks like jquery and code assistant with info even for frameworks}
3.My favourite of them all Firebug{instant changes on coding}.
4.Notepad++
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by kolitos007: 2:03pm On Oct 21, 2009
lightwalk:

i have been learning dreamweaver, but it doesn't have all the capability like I expected. Someone suggested Komposer NVU to me, but I haven't downloaded it yet. Is there anyone who have tried it?
I think this is what you trying to say;
> i have been learning dreamweaver, but it doesn't have all the capability like I expected
- Meaning: "I don't want to do any work, I want a tool that will do most of it for me"
My suggestion, go and learn .net and use visual studio, then you will have every thing done for you.

> Someone suggested Komposer NVU to me, but I haven't downloaded it yet. Is there anyone who have tried it?
-Meaning: "I was told about NVU, but can't be asked to download and install it, so I should just find out if it will do more work for me than dreamweaver.
My suggestion, does not matter what tool you use, there is no perfect tool for php, even best way to work with php is just to build your lib and re-use it.

Like what smartsoft said, your clients don't care what tools you use as long as you come up with a great result. Stop looking for the easy way out and just get on with it.
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by yawatide(f): 2:49pm On Oct 21, 2009
he he, smart: I don't know and I don't want to know either cool
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by KanuChris: 3:03pm On Oct 21, 2009
Dreamweaver is no doubt, the latest version "CS4" is a complete "wow". It cost nearly $1,700 for the complete and roughly $1,500 for the upgrade.
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by elnino3(m): 9:31am On Oct 23, 2009
i have used frontpage 2003, dreamweaver mx, 2004, 8 and cs3 but i think the most recent one and the one that i like best is microsoft expression web. that is for the developers. very cool
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by hostmot(f): 7:30pm On Oct 23, 2009
If you are a web developer, dreamweaver design view is not for you. Honestly. You will always be behind your peers. The coder view is great with it intellisense and other fancy stuff, but there are definitely better options out there.

BTW, Has anybody ever given E-text editor a shot? Its Textmate for Windows (anybody ever gotten some Textmate+Mac envy when you watch those sweet Ruby on Rails screencasts?). You can also go for the free option; intype which is not as powerful but nevertheless has the uncluttered interface the pureblood developers love. So, what do these three softwares have in common? Out of this world code completion so you won't have to type those ever-repetitive braces, brackets, ifs, and elses. smiley

Biodun,
Hostmot Support (www.hostmot.com)
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by lightwalk(m): 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2009
smartsoft:

see if i were to be your client, i don't care what software you use for my job, just deliver my job 2 me.
Smart one indeed cool But it doesn't help sad

Kanu Chris:

Dreamweaver is no doubt, the latest version "CS4" is a complete "wow". It cost nearly $1,700 for the complete and roughly $1,500 for the upgrade.
The money is too small na wink

cartoon1b:

pls and pls can someone out there help on how i can install script on the server can anyone out there teach me that,with step by step picture guide, what and what that i have to do first before, and what and what that i need to do first
here is my email robhilson24@rediff.com
the script is php

actually will be hoping to hear from you soon,

how can i get free sms php script and web search engine script, for free
You wan become hacker abi?? tongue

hostmot:

If you are a web developer, dreamweaver design view is not for you. Honestly. You will always be behind your peers. The coder view is great with it intellisense and other fancy stuff, but there are definitely better options out there.

BTW, Has anybody ever given E-text editor a shot? Its Textmate for Windows (anybody ever gotten some Textmate+Mac envy when you watch those sweet Ruby on Rails screencasts?). You can also go for the free option; intype which is not as powerful but nevertheless has the uncluttered interface the pureblood developers love. So, what do these three softwares have in common? Out of this world code completion so you won't have to type those ever-repetitive braces, brackets, ifs, and elses. smiley

Biodun,
Hostmot Support (www.hostmot.com)
That was a good analysis but I now get the point everyone is trying to make and it seems that what I really want does not exist embarassed Maybe I will make one myself cheesy But dreamweaver should have a newer version instead of that unattractive environment sad
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by lightwalk(m): 3:19pm On Oct 25, 2009
@yawatide: What's your own opinion
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by gdi(m): 7:14pm On Oct 25, 2009
if you are just looking for a magic tool to do all the work, sorry there is non. don't depend on the software, learn the basics of web design then any application platform will be a tool in your hands.

dreamweaver good if you have a guide (ebooks)
aptana great if you already know how to code
notepad++ easy on your system memory and great for a start

with these few points i hope i have convinced you that, aptana is great for you, but first learn the basics wink
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by yawatide(f): 10:03am On Oct 26, 2009
lightwalk:
opinion on?
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by lightwalk(m): 10:56pm On Oct 29, 2009
^^^On The topic
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by yawatide(f): 4:10am On Oct 30, 2009
lightwalk:

Sorry but I have learned to steer clear of what I deem controversial topics. For example, I could decide to start a war here by stating emphatically, based on my experience, that DW sucks, even in code view and that I prefer the closest thing to notepad which is homesite (which is what I have been using for 10+ years and which is the text editor du jour in my locale, again based on my own experience), but I won't tongue
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by OmniPotens(m): 8:23am On Oct 30, 2009
What not simply stay with notepad ++ that way you learn your codes more and get used to them. I don't and can swear I won't be having any IDE installed on my PC. They make me lazy.
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by lightwalk(m): 2:43pm On Nov 08, 2009
lightwalk:

Sorry but I have learned to steer clear of what I deem controversial topics. For example, I could decide to start a war here by stating emphatically, based on my experience, that DW sucks, even in code view and that I prefer the closest thing to notepad which is homesite (which is what I have been using for 10+ years and which is the text editor du jour in my locale, again based on my own experience), but I won't Tongue
My dear, your tongue looks alien. embarassed Are you on drugs Wouldn't be a surprise if you were an alien though undecided
P.s: There's no need stirring muddy pools. They are best fit when they are calm lipsrsealed
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by yawatide(f): 4:05pm On Nov 08, 2009
light walk, if you insist. And yes, I helped 9ice write the song, "ganja man" and am passing the lighter with him as we speak.

Ra ra ra ra, oro ro ro roooo. Igbo la wi tongue
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by lightwalk(m): 9:22pm On Nov 08, 2009
I was a ganga ganja star before and I know how to deal with addicts wink. . . so respect yourself and tell me something connected with the you the topic kiss
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by DualCore1: 9:28pm On Nov 08, 2009
notepad ++ and ya brain++

brotha walahi this is all u need.
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by lightwalk(m): 10:22pm On Nov 08, 2009
^^^You've said it all cheesy
Re: The Best Softwares On Web Design by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:04pm On Oct 14, 2010
Dual Core:

notepad ++ and ya brain++

brotha walahi this is all u need.

Third'ed

(1) (Reply)

Create My Own Anime Site / Pls How Do I Create A Group In Fb Without Usin My Profile / How Much Is Least Expected To Design A Hotel Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.