Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,414 members, 7,881,513 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:55 PM

Nephilim - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nephilim (62037 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nephilim by alexblazzzer18(m): 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2016
greg42:

Great fictional attributes I must admit
ReuEl12 sure knows how to put d biblical myths into a fictionised mythical supernatural superhero story... He is quite good
Re: Nephilim by supizino(m): 5:31pm On Nov 28, 2016
9ce story you have here kindly mention me if u have update another chapter
Re: Nephilim by supizino(m): 5:33pm On Nov 28, 2016
9c story u have here kindly mention me if u have updated another chapter
Re: Nephilim by emarkson(m): 5:42pm On Nov 28, 2016
Jason is just too stubborn. All the way bro your too good to be good
Re: Nephilim by shigo20(m): 11:03am On Nov 29, 2016
Interesting update.......nothing is happening 2 jason coz he is d actor and durza is bozz and na actor dey kill bozz 4 dis kind fiction so durza should beware of jason
Re: Nephilim by Tuhndhay(m): 11:39am On Nov 29, 2016
Jejely following
Re: Nephilim by Temmason(m): 4:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
jagugu88li:

This is the part I've been waiting for, Nephilim Reloaded.
[color=#770077][/color]
Lawd help this boy now
ok i dey follow
Re: Nephilim by ReuEl12(m): 6:34pm On Dec 06, 2016
CHAPTER NINETEEN : SOUL EATER.

Jason stood fixed to one spot as he watched the snake-like creature prance about his room like a lizard... Though it looked nothing like one. Carefully studying it, he could best describe it as the missing link between man and snake for it had the build of a human and the appearance of a snake. It had the shape of a man, with the skin of a snake. The only thing that was off about it, were it's glowing claws. Jason felt a paralysing chill run down his spine as it's big yellow eyes regarded him with scrutiny Like it was evaluating him to see what he's worth. "if that's who I'm thinking it is" the voice that was on the phone line said to Jason "then you're in big trouble" the mysterious voice surmised. "ssss" the creature hissed slipping out it's thin forked tongue in a snake like manner as it examined the wall where he had come from then he spoke "Enochian sigils, the markings of the holies ssssss it is carved all over the house sssss, generating a barrier that prevented me from coming in, until of course you blasted it apart from the inside." then turning to Jason, the creature asked "what interests me though sssss is why the prophet go through all this length to protect you? you, who according to the natural other of things sssss should be enemies with him. sssss does he think that if he protects you, his whereabouts would remain hidden from Durza?" he asked. But Jason replied his question with his own "who are you exactly?" and the demon creature replied "I'm Sargon the serpent king!" "I still don't know who that is?" Jason said "ofcourse you wouldn't know, younglings of the twenty first century ssss no longer read the Bible" Jason, although has never truly paid attention in Sunday school was sure, that there was no Sargon or any serpent king in the Bible and he told the creature exactly that. "To the contrary" the creature replied then continued. "I was a part of one of its main event" he said " i orchestrated the fall of man at the garden of Eden!" he announced proudly. Shocked at the revelation because some part of him knew the demon was telling the truth, Jason exclaimed "it can't be!" then proceeding to argue further he said "Satan was the one who deceived man into sin" the creature laughed it's snake like laughter then said " I was the wisest of all the animalssssss and on the promise of total authority over the animal kingdom although the lion had already been crowned king by Adam the first man, sssss Lucifer used me to deceive Eve to take the forbidden fruit.... but after I was cursed by the creator, I instead suffered torment for millions of years" "how are your limbs back?" a curious Jason now remembering parts of the story from Sunday school asked and the serpent king replied "the same reason I am willing to do the bidden of the sorcerer" then continued "...abandoned to my fate by the ones who used me. Ssss Left to crawl painfully on my belly for eons... Begging for death as I go, I had almost given up: Then the sorcerer found me. And though he couldn't restore my original limbs, he gave me this new ones which are way better. This glowing clawssss helps me access the souls of humans and consume it for food. It keeps me alive but more interestingly After consuming your soul, I'll know everything you know, including that which the prophet does not want me to find out!" he hissed in laughter again as dread slowly washed over Jason.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nephilim by ReuEl12(m): 6:35pm On Dec 06, 2016
. Noticing his silence the creature asked again "why are you silent, thinking ways to subdue me...? Do you honestly think you can?" "I've done it before" Jason said. And the creature hissed it's snake like laughter again "sssss sssss sssss" "Nigarra was the least of our kind... Compared to me, he was a child. You cannot run from me... You cannot escape me.... I am the night and your fate was sealed the moment i broke through the protective barrier!" the creature Sargon said as the lights went off again, and when the lights came back on a fraction of a second later, the snake like creature had disappeared and in that second it appeared above Jason and slashed at him in a wide arc! Jason was barely able to dodge the slash attack because his instincts had suddenly told him to duck. How had he gotten above him so fast... Jason asked himself as he moved swifly away from the creature. The flickering off and on of the lights prevented Jason from seeing anything clearly. But one thing was sure, he wasn't going to let the demon touch him with those claws. Making excaping from the room his primary objective, he shot straight for the door at an incredible speed... But as he was about to reach it, the creature who was across the room a second ago was suddenly in front of him, cutting a wide arc on thin air, he slashed at Jason again with his glowing fingers, who following pure instincts again managed to dodge by an hairs breathe and withdrew backwards using the wind as a propellant. Following his instincts, which had saved him twice now, he stopped playing tag with the creature and switched to offence in other to overwhelm him enough to create an opportunity to escape the confined space of his room which trapped him. Originally going to summon lightening, he held up his hand to call the lightning bolt but his instincts kicked in again and he instead blasted the creature with a gust of wind that blew it off it's feet and sent him flying backwards to crash into Jason's toilet. Jason couldn't tell what was going on: he didn't understand how he had dodged the super speed attacks of Sargon and how he knew that the winds would do more damage than lightning, it felt like his "instincts" had become an entity of its own, and was making him take actions against his own will but since it was working so far he didn't complain. Seizing the opportunity presented, Jason made for the exit and ran. Once out he kept running, he didn't stop he wanted to get as far away as possible from the creature. No Way could he have taken that thing on Jason thought, it was too fast for him to barely keep up. Coming up an alley he stopped running to catch his breath, he had been running at the speed of the wind which was blowing at about 180 mph, One of the coolest abilities about Jason's powers was that he could run at the exact speeds the winds blew. By gathering up enough of winds at his feet, Jason would use them as some kind of accelerator to enhance his speed. Quickly recovering the energy lost, due to the regenerative ability of his healing factor ... He proceeded to plan his next cause of action.... Jason didn't know where he was, but He knew he was far away from his town, he looked around him to get any information that would help him, determine where he was but he saw nothing. It was the wee hours of the morning and every where was dead quiet. He stalked out of the alley and started jugging down the main road. He didn't know why but just as his self aware instincts had made him to run in this direction, it has now told him to get to the main road as quick as possible. A few meters away from the street exit that opened up to the main road, he head a loud crash behind him, he turned to look and to his horror he saw the serpent king bounding straight for him! "That's impossible, I lost him!" he yelled to himself as he sprinted for the road. Jason turned back to look at the creature once more and it was gone. How does he do that? Jason was asking himself Half way across the road, when his instincts yelled at him to jump! And summoning the winds, using it as a spring... he did, looking down to see what he had avoided, he watched as if in slow motion: Sargon emerge from a black hole that had materialised on the ground, with outstretched claws a few inches from Jason's feet. PAAAAAM! PAAAAAM!! PAAAAAAAM!!! A petrol trailer that neither Jason nor Sargon had seen coming, blew it's horns before smashing straight into the creature, narrowly avoiding Jason who had jumped a bit higher than he had intended. Landing on the trailer, Jason unceremoniously tumbled on top of it, rolled off it's back and sprained his ankle as he fell down hard. Hoping that the trailer had done in the creature he winced in pain as he got up and try to balance himself to see what had become of the creature. And to his great disappointment Jason watched the trailer skid to a halt before suddenly tumbling to it's side. He could hear the people in the trailer scream and shout as he saw the demonic creature climb untop of the vehicle and reap the door off it's hinges like it was tearing a piece of paper from a book. Then reaching inside he grabbed one of the passengers in the trailer and lifted him up with one arm, Jason watched as the man's pleading and begging in Yoruba, turned to a choking gurgling sound as the creature dug his finger into the man's neck then opening it's mouth, Jason saw what looked like the ghostly form of the man, come out from his body and float straight into the open mouth of the creature who immediately began to grow in size, muscle by muscle as he tossed away the shriveled up body of the now dead man. The scrawny demon that had attacked him a few minutes ago was now the size and height of an average man. "yummy.. ..." he said as he reached into the trailer again and pull up another man, and as he dug his fingers into the man's neck again he yelled "I need more!" and just like that the ghostly form of the man came out of him again, floated into the mouth of the Sargon who closed his eyes in a euphoric manner as if it was savouring the taste of what it had just consumed. Then all of a sudden his face contorted in discontent, "what a rotten soul this man has!" he said as he began to wretch trying to cough out what he just consumed "I wonder what sins he might have committed to make his soul this rotten." Jason heard him complaining as he stood a considerable distance away, trying not to draw attention on himself. He just ate a human soul.... Jason thought to himself, as he watched him trying to wretch it out. If he hadn't seen it with his own eyes he wouldn't have believed it. A demon that eats souls was after him, and here he stood paralysed in fear. His phone rang again from his pocket... Jason was surprised to find out it was in his pocket. He was very sure that he had dropped it back in his apartment when the demon first tried to attacked him. As he took the call the voice from the other end of the line yelled "why are you standing there like a frozen polar bear, run! While he's still distracted!" But before Jason could do anything the creature turned to look at him.... "Oop's too late..." the voice said and the call went dead. The demon creature Sargon jumped off the trailer and landed on the floor it yellow eyes still intently fixed on Jason.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nephilim by ReuEl12(m): 6:36pm On Dec 06, 2016
"Avoiding me once, Isssss an happenstance" he said. then continued "avoiding me twice isssss probably coincidence, but avoiding three timesss.... Is imposssssible. There's a great power at work here, guiding your movements.... But know that no matter what manner of help you Receive, ssss the fact still remains that you cannot escape me". And Jason feeling brave all of a sudden, steeled his nerves and replied "oh I'm done running" as he summoned a lightening bolt to his hand and flew straight for the creature, laughing the creature said "good, then it's time to teach you some respect" standing up slowly upright like a human being, a black hole appeared on the ground beneath him and the demon sunk in. A second later a similar hole appeared in the sky right in front of Jason and the creature came out of it, and swinging his tail like a whip, he smacked Jason out of the sky, Who smashed into the ground with such force that the road cracked. If the winds hadn't cushioned Jason fall, he would have been road kill. Grunting from the pain of being flogged by Sargon's tail Jason struggled to get his bearing as he stood up. But he had scarcely regained his balance when the black hole appeared in front of him on the ground again. and the creature emerged from it, then swatting Jason with the back of his hand with such force that it sent him flying and crashing into the destroyed trailer that still laid on the road he asked "now do you see the difference in power between us" . The demon hissed in laughter as Jason answered by summoning a mini hurricane and directing it towards the creature, then running at wind speed he cut across the road to the other side of the creature and shot straight for him with a lightening bolt in hand. And as he got close the demon clapped his hands together with such force that it created a shock wave that dispelled the mini hurricane and in one swift move turned towards Jason as he approached, grabbed him by the wrist, deflecting the lightning bolt upward and then in a strong downward swing slammed Jason to the ground. Digging his glowing claws into Jason's body Sargon the serpent king said as Jason grunted at the painful sensation of what felt like his life force floating away.... "yes I always wanted to do this to a Nephilim as payback for the fallen's betrayal" Jason let out a howl as the demon dug it's arms deeper into him. Amidst the pain he felt, he thought about how, the creature finding out about everything he knows would pose a danger to Elera. Not wanting to let that happen he decided then and there that he was gonna make sure he stopped this serpent even if it would cost him his life, and following that resolution, he reached deep within him and called forth the storm, mentally probing the farthest reaches of the atmosphere, he willed the storm clouds to gather above him. His eyes glowed white as thunder accompanied by lightning flashed following the thick thunder cloud that was spreading in the sky. And summoning a huge gust of wind he blasted the creature away from him. CRAAAAAACK! Lightning flashed directly in front of the serpent king as he tried to maintain his balance amidst the swirling winds. "not bad Nephilim" he commended, "I'm not done yet" Jason replied as he blurred from the creature's vision, now moving at the current speed at which the winds were blowing, he surrounded his fist with a substantial amount of air pressure then shot himself straight for the creature, and upon reaching him, before he could even react, Jason gave the creature a jaw wrecking air pressure coated punch that sent the creature flying straight into the trailer that was still on the road whose passenger's soul he had just ate. Crashing into it with a loud bang, Jason didn't wait for him to get himself straight before summoning a lightening bolt and shooting it straight at the trailer, causing it to explode in a fiery column of flames that spread all over the road. Jason knew it wouldn't be that easy to defeat such a creature so he stood at alert, in anticipation for the creature's next move and like clock work, it made it. Shooting himself out like a missle towards Jason the creature shrieked, as it extended it's claws, it's eyes radiated malicious intent and Jason prepared to take on the demon creature met it's charge, then following that an explosive battle ensued.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nephilim by ReuEl12(m): 6:38pm On Dec 06, 2016
The creature hacked, smashed and clawed at Jason who parried, maneuvered and occasionally blasted him with anything he could, from a bolt of lightning to an iron Shrapnel, cannon fired using the winds. When the creature realised that, Jason was getting the upper hand due to his adeptness in controlling the weather, it switched tactic, grabbing Jason by the collar of his shirt the demon dragged him through the black hole that had appeared on thin air and immediately Jason was through, everything went black, just darkness so thick that it can be felt.... "You're in my world now, the great abyss... Here You're powerless. Here I reign supreme." Jason heard the Sargon say as he felt fists pounding on his face. Another hole opened in front of him and as they went through, Jason and the demon creature appeared untop what he quickly recognised as the popular third mainland bridge... They fought briefly on the bridge as cars swerved to their right and to their left in a bid to avoid them before the demon creature took Jason through another black hole and this time, appearing in the market of a suburbial town, throwing the market into chaos and confusion as everybody ran in different directions to get away from the fighting. "So this is how he can move so fast" an almost exhausted and injured all over Jason asked as they fought their way into an abandoned woods factory... "yes" Sargon said "Using these inter dimensional holes I am able to appear anywhere at any time in a matter of seconds, this is why it is impossible to escape me." "but then how do you always no where to find me" Jason asked. And the beast amused by Jason's ignorance replied "dead men shouldn't really ask questions" then sunk into another black hole that had appeared on its feet, Jason having Noticed that the demon always appears anywhere near him, each time he disappears like that, suddenly got an idea of how to subdue the demon.

Coming out from the black hole that had appeared on Jason's back, the Sargon slashed Jason from behind and flogged him with his tail, sending him skidding back a few meters. Jason felt weakness as his life force slowly drained away from his body. Drifting in and out of consciousness as he fought with all the will power he had to keep going, he looked down at the place where the demon creature has stabbed and slashed him and to his horror he saw that they weren't healing... Not like the other normal injuries he had. The snake demon who noticed it too, laughed in glee before saying "why do you fight, even when it's obvious you have already lost" "what's going on?" Jason asked in shock as he fell to one knee, chancing to look at his reflection he saw color draining from his face as he felt all his cells die one by one inside of him. The demon brandished his glowing fingers in front of him... "you were right to avoid getting cut by one of these at the beginning. I told you that it helps me siphon the energy of the soul, which keeps me alive.. But there's one other thing it also does, it kills very slowly, any mortal that it cuts. Just One simple cut no Matter how small it is and your life force slips away little by little until in there's nothing left in you but death, the battle was already mine the moment I stabbed you with it." Sargon said as he bent over Jason then continued "now be a good boy and let me eat your soul... Since you're going to die anyway" and Jason who to Sargon seemed like he was already dead, gave no reply. Hissing in laughter Sargon the snake king reached out his hand for Jason's throat, but few inches away from it and Jason seeing it as the only opportunity he's got to put his idea into action, suddenly opened his eyes and grabbed Sargon's outstretched hands, and turning it to face him, he jammed it into his chest, pushing it very hard In with all his might and then blasting him away with a gust of wind.... Jason watched as all the light in sargon's glowing claws drain into his body, then started tracing veins of light all over his body from the point where they had penetrated his skin. "do you know what you've done?" Sargon asked as he started to glow like he was over loading on energy... "honestly I don't" Jason coughed in exhaustion as he felt himself inching closer to death "I had hoped it's something that will destroy you" he added. "all those souls!" Sargon exclaimed. "over loading in on it's self!" he said. Then Jason replied "you said yourself that your fingers absorbs the life force of what ever mortal it pierces or cuts. You also said that the souls you consume, keeps you alive; so in essence you're not immortal but merely surviving on the stolen time of others. Hatching the idea of killing you by your own claws which is said to be able to kill any mortal wasn't hard." Jason explained, and as he watched Sargon the serpent king glow like he was about to spontaneously combust, which he actually did.... he saw that he had done a whole lot more than kill him, by just stabbing him with his own fingers.
He had been absorbing souls for millions of years with that finger, and had being siphoning the appropriate amounts of energy he needed little by little, for even he could not handle all that amounting of soul energy, so stabbing him with his own claw had literally overloaded him, and now he was about to blow up.

Sargon screamed as he exploded in a light so hot it incinerated his body on the spot and so bright it blinded Jason for a few minutes. Satisfied that he had stopped the creature, he laid back down to die, he could feel his heart rate slowing down, his life force almost depleted and as he closed his eyes to await death's cold embrace, he heard heavy footsteps walk toward him, as he drifted into unconsciousness he heard who ever that was standing over him say in a strangely familiar voice: "Awww common, you can't die now... not after what you just did... In fact I'm now convinced that you're up to the task I have for you... I will restore you now... Because as of this moment the fate of the entire world is about to be placed on your shoulders... "

TO BE CONTINUED IN THE NEXT CHAPTER : THE PENANCE STARE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nephilim by alexblazzzer18(m): 7:28pm On Dec 06, 2016
Jason is tha bomb... Badass nigga. More update bro, u r just amazing with ur writing skills

1 Like

Re: Nephilim by ReuEl12(m): 8:09pm On Dec 06, 2016
alexblazzzer18:
Jason is tha bomb... Badass nigga. More update bro, u r just amazing with ur writing skills

thank you bro grin
Re: Nephilim by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 06, 2016
Fair enough, Jason is our focus character here but hey, I at times envision him dying. This update was my worst fear, silly me.

The Great Serpent is dead, Lawd.

I'm a little very worried about the relationship between Jason and his spiritual father. I mean, they're obviously supposed to be enemies after all. If it turns out that the "Greater Course" he's being prepared for stands to work against him.......

Let me watch this. Reuel, chop em kiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nephilim by boladex1: 9:24pm On Dec 06, 2016
ReuE112 you are blessed for this update and love your description of the fight.

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Nephilim by Temmason(m): 9:36pm On Dec 06, 2016
Superb
Re: Nephilim by ificatchmodeh: 11:31pm On Dec 06, 2016
Wow.jason! Baddest..well done Reul...nice work.
Re: Nephilim by ashatoda: 7:22am On Dec 07, 2016
Reuel i swear i always wonder how u got d inspiration to write this. This is nt mere fiction its real though might nt be 100 percent u cant deny this
Re: Nephilim by Tuhndhay(m): 3:17pm On Dec 07, 2016
ReuEl 12....... Your cognitive imaginative articulation beats my thinking....... Chop knuckles Bro... I envy your skills and talents
Re: Nephilim by Smooth278(m): 4:43pm On Dec 07, 2016
Nice update bro, keep em coming...
Re: Nephilim by RichieBrown(m): 7:02pm On Dec 07, 2016
oh blast!!!!!! nice 1
Re: Nephilim by Appleyard(m): 1:37pm On Dec 17, 2016
Where is this man now? This is corruption. Somebody please call the EFCC....
Re: Nephilim by Paulscholari(m): 3:05pm On Dec 17, 2016
Reuel.... Where are my updates!!!

1 Like

Re: Nephilim by crixlight2(m): 9:43pm On Dec 18, 2016
Why this guy they do like this , no update today , you worst pass naija economy
Re: Nephilim by younggenius1(m): 1:15am On Dec 20, 2016
grin[color=#000000][/color]see wats wrong with dis guy oya abeg we dey beg you come update,,,,,

but wait am new here how.Many likes for me

1 Like

Re: Nephilim by trappatoni(m): 5:39pm On Dec 22, 2016
Today is 22nd of December, bros con upload this thing na. Remember Charles Dickens wrote serially too oo. If i vex i no go read am again oo
Re: Nephilim by MightyFortress: 7:55pm On Dec 22, 2016
Last post, 2 weeks ago... How are we expected to enjoy the story? We don dey forget the sequence of events sef...
Re: Nephilim by Timba24(m): 9:20am On Dec 23, 2016
na wa o.
Re: Nephilim by jidxin(m): 1:22pm On Dec 23, 2016
I'm tired of dx thread...so so unfollowing rite now

1 Like

Re: Nephilim by Paulscholari(m): 8:37pm On Dec 26, 2016
Merry Christmas to everyone here.
Re: Nephilim by spacesurfer: 8:55pm On Dec 26, 2016
New Post on Carlflame

Fire:
https://carlflame./2016/12/26/fire/

Good evening, Compliments of the season...
Re: Nephilim by Charlesdock(m): 9:07pm On Dec 28, 2016
Mehn I envy your imagination ooh. I wish I can describe things also this way, maybe I would have make up a story too on Nairaland cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

African Nerd / Rhoda / Out Of The Blue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.