Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,384 members, 7,978,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 10:53 PM

Come Progressives Lets Think Of How To Move Nigeria Forward>>> - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Come Progressives Lets Think Of How To Move Nigeria Forward>>> (671 Views)

I’ll Move Nigeria Forward Quickly, Says Buhari / Lets Think Before Taking The Biafra Issue Further, By Chidi Obi / Jonathan Remains The Best Man To Move Nigeria Forward – David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Come Progressives Lets Think Of How To Move Nigeria Forward>>> by chidimarc(m): 2:26am On Sep 23, 2009
Hatred, distrust and enenmity brought about by our unenlightened forebearers are factors responsible for our backwardness, can we at this age, in our right senses condone and wish 4 this to carry on? NO! I bet ur ans is the same, so what can we do ?
Re: Come Progressives Lets Think Of How To Move Nigeria Forward>>> by Kobojunkie: 3:18am On Sep 23, 2009
Are you really in Abia State? @Poster. You can start where you are by researching and speaking out on what is happening right where you are, assuming you are really in that state. What we need is more folks to reveal to the rest of Nigeria what is happening and where and who are the responsible parties. With this information, we can better educate ourselves and those around us so we can change minds and the status quo in the end.
Re: Come Progressives Lets Think Of How To Move Nigeria Forward>>> by chidimarc(m): 3:54am On Sep 23, 2009
Abia is my state & dat is where i am. Rationally i would rather av been 4rm or somewhere else. The govt does notin bt to hnder d common man frm sourcing bread 4rm d ònly place he should av legally - and i.e wat dey call "DEVELOPMENT"
Re: Come Progressives Lets Think Of How To Move Nigeria Forward>>> by Kobojunkie: 4:04am On Sep 23, 2009
There is a desperate need for investigative journalists in your state and you can be the first to do this. Reveal information on areas where the state is not doing its work. Do some investigation into where money is going instead, persons involved and what they are doing instead etc. There is great need for this.
Re: Come Progressives Lets Think Of How To Move Nigeria Forward>>> by chidimarc(m): 4:21am On Sep 23, 2009
If it is what it takes, then i will try(within my means) rumours had it that d former gov. Was respònsible 4 d snail pace of dev. Dat he chunks öf lots of cash 4rm d state allocation, bt a politician i recently heard speak, dispelled such adding dat d problem is 4rm d incumbent whose major interest is in acquiring landed properties 10* dia worth all around town
Re: Come Progressives Lets Think Of How To Move Nigeria Forward>>> by Kobojunkie: 2:50pm On Sep 23, 2009
chidi-marc:

If it is what it takes, then i will try(within my means) rumours had it that d former gov. Was respònsible 4 d snail pace of dev. Dat he chunks öf lots of cash 4rm d state allocation, bt a politician i recently heard speak, dispelled such adding dat d problem is 4rm d incumbent whose major interest is in acquiring landed properties 10* dia worth all around town

Well, can you dedicate time and effort to investigating this rumour, collecting and collating facts, and researching the truth? See, the only way you can convince the world, and the poeple that things need to change is to confront them with truth. Not just any truth, but the truth. It might mean getting state documents, interviewing peoples involved etc. Are you willing to do that?
Re: Come Progressives Lets Think Of How To Move Nigeria Forward>>> by chidimarc(m): 12:35am On Sep 24, 2009
How in God's name do u expect me to get "state documents"? Dont tell me you dont knw that they refused to pass the FOI bill that might have enabled me access such documents. Besides i dont knw hw easy it has been for practising journalists to reach government officials nt to talk of one like myself who might not have d requisite training/character
Re: Come Progressives Lets Think Of How To Move Nigeria Forward>>> by Kobojunkie: 1:06am On Sep 24, 2009
The main reason why the politicians keep the information from you, and I , is because they know that with information, we can quickly render powerless. I definitely know that the FOI bill is likely not to be signed during the current administration. That does not stop us from trying, anyway we can, to get our hands on information that will potentially incriminate them and essentially bring an end to the status quo.
Re: Come Progressives Lets Think Of How To Move Nigeria Forward>>> by mustafar1: 1:28am On Sep 24, 2009
Kobojunkie, how do u propose/suggest we go about getting this information which we need?
Re: Come Progressives Lets Think Of How To Move Nigeria Forward>>> by Kobojunkie: 1:35am On Sep 24, 2009
Honestly, I cannot say there is one way to get it. But I know that we are crafty folks and can come up with ways to do this one way or another. I had the idea to ask someone who used to work in House of Assembly to try to get access to sensitive documents or data in a database and copy it anyway possible. I know the Nigerian government, and many of our politicians are not sophisticated enough to cleanly hide all sensitive data from employees who work in these offices. If we could get one or two folks who could scan documents and leak the information, that would be great.

We can choose to continue slashing at these men blindly, but it is obvious at this point that these men believe they are untouchable. Why? because we have nothing, no proof to offer but rumours and more rumours, which amount to nothing at the end of the day.

So, if it means bribing the son of one of our "thiefs in charge" to steal his father's suitcase for us, I will not be against such an idea at this point.
Re: Come Progressives Lets Think Of How To Move Nigeria Forward>>> by mustafar1: 1:46am On Sep 24, 2009
Are you suggesting we grease the palms of those who have or might have access to these politicians. Or one who works in state house of assemblies/the national assembly or state houses?
Re: Come Progressives Lets Think Of How To Move Nigeria Forward>>> by Kobojunkie: 1:53am On Sep 24, 2009
At this point, I will NOT reject any real information that was obtained in such a manner. I know there are those out there who will do it for free, but I will not turn away real good info at this point grin

(1) (Reply)

How Ministers,ministry Officials And Contractors Defrauded The Nation / Soludo’s Father Kidnapped / Sights From The NLC National Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.