Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,895 members, 7,872,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:33 AM

Of Love, Dating And Keeping Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Of Love, Dating And Keeping Relationships (286 Views)

Why Do Married Women Love Dating Young Guys? / Download Mp3 Messages By Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo On Love, Dating, Marriage, Sex / I Love Dating Married Men So Much - Young Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Of Love, Dating And Keeping Relationships by cuvox(m): 12:30pm On Aug 07, 2016
GOOD MORNING GREAT MINDS.....
Every other day, we come across telemundoesque phrases "love is like air, without it, you cannot live" and "get love and forget about the world." Well it may be true...It is true "to an extent" but when you finally get that erotic love (not that agape type of love), what next??

While our dating system is officially messed up, as most people no longer look for love since sex is now like handshake, it can be gotten anywhere and relationships now run on 200mah batteries, I believe most people are still out there trying to make it work.

let me ask you a quick question: "Did you love your ex?" Well mine is Yes.I still love her but love alone cant make it work. Majority of those breaking up still love each other but why cant love save those relationships, those marriages?

Many people sit down and say "S/He loves me, that's enough". The truth is love is not enough. I learnt the hard way when I broke up with my ex 3 years ago (story for another day). Love starts to slip into the background after the first six months of a relationship and that is when it is up to both partners to make it work.

Communication plays a key role in keeping a relationship. My girlfriend is my bestfriend, when I cannot talk to her as my girlfriend, I talk to her as my friend. Sometimes when we feel the love is not there we look at the plans we have laid down and talk to each other as friends, find out what is wrong and boom, the love which we thought was gone is rekindled.

Truth is S/he meets people better,sexier,richer than you every day out there and it is not love that makes them not to cheat (I have learnt that love doesn't stop us from cheating....besides we rarely love the one we are cheating with) but rather commitment, loyalty and self respect, knowing they have someone who they can lean on, who is committed and dedicated to making it work.

Many girls think is is a guy's duty to do the "keeping the relationship alive" thing because he did the (PLEADING when he was doing the) wooing but you too have a part to play because you accepted to date him. Relationship dies easily when only one person does the paddling.

When your boo stops caring like he or she used too, it is probably because you don't reciprocate "enough". Pickup that phone, send that love text message (because there is social media doesn't mean you should abandon SMS. 4 naira no go kill you), teach her how to play that game, sit than and discuss the future, talk the future, see his/her favorite movie (no matter how stupid), be committed, invest in "TRUST", spend time together, think about why you started in the first place.....

LOVE is important....but a successful relationship cannot survive without COMMUNICATION, COMMITMENT AND TRUST....and DETERMINATION TO MAKE IT WORK EVEN AGAINST THE ODDS and GOALS.

When you are finally serious about keeping a relationship, do it in such a way that if it fails, it shouldn't be your fault.

PS. NEVER DATE A PERSON WITHOUT VISION AND VALUE THE ONE WHO TEACHES YOU SOMETHING OVER THE ONE WHO BUYS YOU SOMETHING...FOR MATERIAL THINGS MAY FADE BUT LESSONS LEARNT BUILD UP EXPERIENCE.

I LEAVE YOU WITH THIS QOUTE: "People disagree, get angry and offend each other. But in a matured relationship, people don't fight, curse or call each other names, they talk things out.."

Till I am chanced To write again, I AM CUVOX.
Re: Of Love, Dating And Keeping Relationships by thesuave10(m): 12:41pm On Aug 07, 2016
Aii grin

(1) (Reply)

Lose 20 Kg Of Weight Within 30 Days, Simple, Reliable, Easy And Effective.... / It’s Surprised Me A Good Deal / Get Up To N2.5m Renmoney Cash Loan For Salary Earners. No Collateral!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.