Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,147 members, 7,887,329 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:53 AM

What Do You Think About Superstitious Beliefs? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Do You Think About Superstitious Beliefs? (1042 Views)

10 Funny Superstitious Beliefs Every Nigerian Has Heard / The Igala Kingdom: Their Culture, Beliefs, Marriage, And History / What Are Those Superstitious Beliefs You Once Believed In While Growing Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About Superstitious Beliefs? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 07, 2016
Hey guys.. jeenah is back again.

I want to know what you think about the following.. if you are a yoruba like i am, i would love to know ur opinion.. opinions from other tribes are welcomed too.. afterall we are a nation..

Clears throat*
Ile-Ife people.. chai, I love these people, they'l always voice out when topics like this are raised.
What do you belief about all these Opa aranmiyan, Oduduwa, yemoja, the woman that turned to Ogun river in Ogun state and all..
I heard the yemoja in osun river used to come out to greet osun people during celebrations but stopped when she was snapped by one person. how true is it
Re: What Do You Think About Superstitious Beliefs? by oglalasioux(m): 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2016
When I was 12 years old I joined the masquerade cult. What I found out was a hundred percent opposite of what I heard about 'spirits' and 'ancestors' before I was 'initiated'.

Sadly, it's the same thing among all cultures and peoples and religion in general.

They are all lies.
Re: What Do You Think About Superstitious Beliefs? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2016
Hear no evil...see no evil. Curiosity kill d cat angry
Re: What Do You Think About Superstitious Beliefs? by Zeus777: 10:17am On Aug 08, 2016
jeenah:
Hey guys.. jeenah is back again.

I want to know what you think about the following.. if you are a yoruba like i am, i would love to know ur opinion.. opinions from other tribes are welcomed too.. afterall we are a nation..

Clears throat*
Ile-Ife people.. chai, I love these people, they'l always voice out when topics like this are raised.
What do you belief about all these Opa aranmiyan, Oduduwa, yemoja, the woman that turned to Ogun river in Ogun state and all..
I heard the yemoja in osun river used to come out to greet osun people during celebrations but stopped when she was snapped by one person. how true is it
what do u think about the superstition concerning a jew waking up from the dead after 3days and later dissapearing in to the sky? What do u think about the funny flood stories in the bible? Or what do u think about the story that mohammed an Arab went to the heavens on a winged horse?? When u done answering these ones dont worry u shall get appropriate replies concerning our own indigenous believes
Re: What Do You Think About Superstitious Beliefs? by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 9:41am On Aug 09, 2016
the thing is i dont just believe in superstitions ... and since i dont believe in em ..all those shit are crap to me ... #gavemyopinion
Re: What Do You Think About Superstitious Beliefs? by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 09, 2016
Dapsonemmanuel:
the thing is i dont just believe in superstitions ... and since i dont believe in em ..all those shit are crap to me ... #gavemyopinion

hmmm.. same here
Re: What Do You Think About Superstitious Beliefs? by OmohLo(f): 10:02pm On Aug 09, 2016
I'm not sure if I believe in superstitions but, funnily enough, I find myself doing things according to those superstitions anyway. Like when someone crosses over me when I'm laying down, I always ask them to cross back. I also don't spit on the floor (it's disgusting anyway) because my nana told me I'd get a sore throat if someone stepped on it.

It's probably because they were drummed into my ear so much growing up
Re: What Do You Think About Superstitious Beliefs? by Jay542(m): 10:16pm On Aug 13, 2016
I think it works for people who believe doe

(1) (Reply)

Japan, Land Of Virgins / Jackpot Prediction / Ijaws Fighting Over Edo Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.