Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,170 members, 7,880,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:57 PM

All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP (8744 Views)

Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint / Nigerian Man Arrested At Seme Border For Failure To Declare $52,201, £320. Photo / Photos Of The Police Officers Sentenced To Death Over Apo Six Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by whirlwind7(m): 8:46am On Aug 08, 2016
Hogwash.
As if they can follow up or even fully investigate the veracity of the declarations made.

Just mere paperwork, to make it seem like the IGP is tough on corruption. After this one time, no follow up is going to be made to check if additional assets they have acquired is commensurate with their earnings.
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by seguno2: 8:46am On Aug 08, 2016
I thought that our president is yet to publicly declare his assets as promised.
Whose EXAMPLE are the police officers supposed to follow?
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by Blackfire(m): 8:50am On Aug 08, 2016
Very soon association of witches and wizards in NIGERIA will start declaring there assets..
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by zicoraads: 8:54am On Aug 08, 2016
The Customs boss on assumption of duty said the same thing embarassed tongue
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by rusher14: 9:01am On Aug 08, 2016
Someone in the force is suggesting his colleagues declare their assets yet we have those that haven't even joined the boy's scout questioning his thoughts.
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by teemy(m): 9:06am On Aug 08, 2016
we called for a better police and we have peeps condemning a good step in the right direction. the police boss said it is in the law to have this done. it is not the solution to all police ills but it's a good start. let's support and encourage him.
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by daramolanas1(m): 9:12am On Aug 08, 2016
Naxo all of them they talk wen they knw that what oga buhari wans 2 hear.....initial GRAGRA...... grin
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by abbeyty(m): 9:20am On Aug 08, 2016
i am a police officer, i here by declared my assets, still living in a one rented room with 4kids and a which cost me N2000 per month, 7 faded police uniform, 2 pairs of almost condemned black shoes which i am still managing, 32 inches colour tv, less than N5000 in my bank account and one plot of land in my village. pls MR IG i want you to declare your as well.
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 08, 2016
First of all stop your policemen from extortion before you come out here to talk
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by Larryfest(m): 9:38am On Aug 08, 2016
Total rubbish! How has declaration of assets helped this administration if i may ask The last admin didnt declare and they looted yet it wasn't as bad as this now this admin has been declaring from day one yet all hell has been let loose,even the recovered loots and the looters what has been their outcome? Nothing! Abeg let nobody come out here and start claiming saint
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by excel101(m): 9:42am On Aug 08, 2016
Mrs jet science go and restore power o
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by kawkab: 9:48am On Aug 08, 2016
How does this help the Police function better. What measures is the new IG putting in place to make the Nigeria Police improve its service delivery to the public.

He should set up measures to make the public build greater trust in the police, communication and the operational efficiency of the police.
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by Kaycee625(m): 10:03am On Aug 08, 2016
Yeye dey smell,
Has your dullard the president thats fighting corruption, declared his assets?
I lost hope in that tribalistic begot when he didn't declare his assets nor declared the looters and amount recorvered, nor spoke about the heardsmen menace on may 29th 2016.
That old man should be impeached, but party politics, self interest and tribalism wount let our senators do the needful. embarassed
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by Amic123(m): 10:23am On Aug 08, 2016
Pls nairalanders! Did anybody know when the police screening list is coming out for the zonal examination for intending police officers. My number 07037634664 for any whattsapp group for 2016 NPF recruitment
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by Ajaypompin(m): 10:28am On Aug 08, 2016
I think people are missing the point here, this guy want all the ranking officers to declare all acquired assets so that we populace can monitor all the shady deals police officers engaged in, cos I have seen so many ranking officers with small salaries have properties home and abroad, this is just to check excess within police commission
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by yhemsy62(m): 10:38am On Aug 08, 2016
uckennety:
Mr IG you very stupid
Honestly he's very very stupid
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by kf147: 11:11am On Aug 08, 2016
Assets declaring should be for the senior officers who are exploiting the junior officers.the junior officers are not well paid and are not well accommodated.when a junior officers go out to perform his official duties he must be made to pay return to the senior officers.this are the things he as the IG should fight not assets declarations.fight the corruption in the system.bridge the gap between the ranks and file and the senior officers and you will see how the force will be transformed.
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by basadenet: 11:53am On Aug 08, 2016
Good one but which one has the IG declared? Is it the one he made illegally before his present position or one after the new post. We are all deceiving of ourselves, including Pmb.
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by DennisEche(m): 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2016
MadCow1:
Impossible.. grin grin grin grin

All Police officers that ever headed divisions in the South South (MOPOL COMMANDERS especially) can never agree to this witch hunting.. grin grin grin grin grin

Declare wetin? Na beer? grin grin grin

Police and corruption be like Okro and Ogbono.. The two na draw soup.. grin
those mopol commanders in the south south are making lots of money
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by MadCow1: 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2016
DennisEche:

those mopol commanders in the south south are making lots of money

You dey tell me?

grin
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by DennisEche(m): 12:07pm On Aug 08, 2016
MadCow1:

You dey tell me?

grin

no i de comfirm the story....................
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by 1009ja: 12:21pm On Aug 08, 2016
Start with the arrest and bail nonsense. Police in all divisions do this. They should be effectively stopped from the bail money they collect from people.
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by Jackossky(m): 3:19pm On Aug 08, 2016
This man is funny,he must be a comedian

.how can you expect a police officer of junior rank to declare his/her asset...first of all there is no asset to declare

Secondly,they are in debt

Thirdly, there is no money to pay bus drivers,that's why they always sit down at the front of the bus.....buy motors for them

Also...someone that is collecting 100 naira notes from cyclist, and that same person do go to ashawo's joint...some even use the money to buy ogogoro and opa eyin....lol
How can that person declare his or her asset?..what you should do as the IG is to settle their debt.....some of them are owing banks.....some are owing mama alagbo....pls help them to settle their debt so they can be okay financially....
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by theatre(m): 4:46pm On Aug 08, 2016
It is a good idea for transparency. Some police officers Assets more than some VC,lecturers, Rectors or provost Assets.
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by armadeo(m): 5:46pm On Aug 08, 2016
This man should be firednfor displaying such level.of imbecility.If really he issued such a statement.

Who's gonna follow all those ogogoro drinking assholes to determine how much they have.

God almighty whatever we have done to deserve this temper justice with mercy.

1 Like

Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 17, 2016
Check out the salary structure of the Nigerian police force for constables, inspectors, asp etc here

http://www.streetajebo.com/2016/09/nigeria-police-force-salary-structure.html?m=1
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by PrinceEvolution(m): 11:27am On Sep 17, 2016
BEFORE U ENTER CYBER CAFE NKO??BOIZ NOR GO DEY DECLARE ASSETSYEYE PEOPLE EVERYBODY JUZ WAN DEY PROVE..SEND ALL UR MEN TO COMPULSORY MENTAL EVALUATIONS FIRST,AFTER THAT TB JOSHUA..AFTER COME BACK FOR MORE DIRECTIVES..NEXT NEWS PLEASE!!!!
mezynaija:
The Nigerian inspector general of Police, Mr Ibrahim Idris, has commanded all police officers in the country must declare their assets.

This, according to him, is necessary in order to rid the Nigerian Police Force of corruption. “Every police officer must declare their assets,” he said at Force Headquarters in Abuja during a courtesy call on him by members of Nigerians Unite Against Terror, a civil rights organisation on Friday, August 5, 2016.

The IGP warned police officers against violating their code of conduct, stressing that his administration would not spare them.

“We are going to be very tough on our police officers who go outside our code of conduct. When I took over and told people that I am declaring my assets, it looked surprising, people took it as if I was doing something magical but that is what the law says. You cannot work without declaring your assets,” Idris said.

“You must declare your assets and as policemen we are the ones checking the vices, so we cannot be part of those that are increasing the vices in the society and I still stand by my word.

“I have declared my assets even before and after I became IG of police because it is a constitutional requirement. I believe every police officer should do that.

“What kills most Nigerians is lack of contentment; you will see somebody amassing wealth that he and even his grandchildren do not need throughout their life time. I don’t know what drives people like that. For me, I believe that with contentment, you will have peace of mind.”

Idris promised to set up a special committee comprising the police and members of the civil society organisations to develop a strategy on how to improve the image of the police.

He said, “We need to sit down and set up a panel; we are going to start a committee to interface on how to utilise our human resource because it is very important.

“It is good people hear from the CSOs who are not policemen. People should hear from you on how the public now see the police.

“People should give us the opportunity to prove ourselves; they will take it more serious from you.”

Idris called on the public to stop denigrating the police whose duty is to protect lives and properties.

He said when he assumed duty as IGP, he promised to be guided by two major principles and police core values, in line with international best practices and democratic policing.

“The principles are that the police should be humane, that we should respect other people; and we should not look at people’s faces before we can apply the law. The law covers everybody, whether you are rich or poor,” he added.

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com/2016/08/inspector-general-of-police-has-ordered.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graphic Photos: Armed Robbers Caught Along Mowe Lagos Ibadan Express Way / Ibrahim(aka: Small Japron) Is Dead. / 1000 Nigerians In Egyptian Prisons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.