Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,830 members, 7,889,751 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:41 PM

Flash:nigeria In Recession As Exxonmobil Fires 182 Regular Staff And 103 Contrac - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Flash:nigeria In Recession As Exxonmobil Fires 182 Regular Staff And 103 Contrac (829 Views)

Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement / What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? / Employer Fired A Staff And Asked Him To Come Back To Resign Should He ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flash:nigeria In Recession As Exxonmobil Fires 182 Regular Staff And 103 Contrac by hansyllo(m): 10:28pm On Aug 07, 2016
One of the leading Nigerian oil producing company, ExxonMobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited has fired 182 regular and 103 contract staff members in Akwa Ibom State between June and August 1.  

A dependable source who preferred anonymity told the News Agency of Nigeria on Friday in Ibeno that those affected were at its administrative block at Qua Iboe Terminal, Ibeno.

The source said: “The company had long paid their contact staff before laying them off.   “Yesterday, when I went to ExxonMobil, the person I went to see at the maintenance office was also sacked.   “He was among the three contact staff disengaged yesterday at Qua Iboe Terminal and more staff members will be retrenched by September.”

A sacked ExxonMobil staff member, Okon Ibanga, said the sack had caused hardship for him in view of the economic crisis in the country.

Ibanga said the company was preparing the entitlements of the sacked workers to ameliorate their sufferings.  

Ibanga alleged that the retrenchment was politicised as majority of those affected were from Akwa Ibom and Cross River States.  

Responding, the Media and Communication Manager at ExxonMobil, Ogechukwu Udeagha, confirmed the development.  

Udeagha said the company had adjusted its business in response to the challenge in the export system.  

“Our response to your inquiry is that we have adjusted our business in response to the challenge in the export system, which necessitated curtail of production,” Udeagha said.

He noted that ExxonMobil’s operations would be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
http://leaders.ng/?p=2572

1 Like

Re: Flash:nigeria In Recession As Exxonmobil Fires 182 Regular Staff And 103 Contrac by tempest01(m): 10:47pm On Aug 07, 2016
They never sack the Lagos guys in the Mobil house doing nothing...

How they even recruit the new guys there baffles me
Re: Flash:nigeria In Recession As Exxonmobil Fires 182 Regular Staff And 103 Contrac by AroOkigbo(m): 11:45pm On Aug 07, 2016
This kain CHANGE wey we voted for...

Re: Flash:nigeria In Recession As Exxonmobil Fires 182 Regular Staff And 103 Contrac by drkay(m): 3:03am On Aug 08, 2016
Of course they have to adjust. This is change.
Re: Flash:nigeria In Recession As Exxonmobil Fires 182 Regular Staff And 103 Contrac by Kaycee625(m): 10:55am On Aug 08, 2016
tempest01:
They never sack the Lagos guys in the Mobil house doing nothing...

How they even recruit the new guys there baffles me
Lols who told you they do nothing?
Thats where they direct and coordinate projects going on offshore, aswell as planning.
ExxonMobil spends alot of time planning and strategiesing, and it's all done in the mobil house. When you take a good look at their project timeline, you will see that more than 60% of the time, is spent planing to ensure the project is executed safely and successfully,
As for the dude saying its mostly akwa ibom n cross river indigenes that are sacked, you guys make up more than 40% of their work force, so retrenchment would definitely cut across you people. I did my IT there so i know what am saying.
Re: Flash:nigeria In Recession As Exxonmobil Fires 182 Regular Staff And 103 Contrac by tempest01(m): 5:20pm On Aug 08, 2016
Kaycee625:

Lols who told you they do nothing?
Thats where they direct and coordinate projects going on offshore, aswell as planning.
ExxonMobil spends alot of time planning and strategiesing, and it's all done in the mobil house. When you take a good look at their project timeline, you will see that more than 60% of the time, is spent planing to ensure the project is executed safely and successfully,
As for the dude saying its mostly akwa ibom n cross river indigenes that are sacked, you guys make up more than 40% of their work force, so retrenchment would definitely cut across you people. I did my IT there so i know what am saying.

I did my IT and grad IT there so going by your logic I should know more than you

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Job Please / LATEST JOB OPPORTUNITIES: Recruitment At National Hospital, Abuja / Please Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.