Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:54 AM

Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector (2704 Views)

Contemporary Step-by-step Guide To Non-oil Products Export Business / How I Started My EXPORT Business With ZERO Initial Capital / Start Agriculture And Export Business , Get Your Soft Copy For Free!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by Pavore9: 7:35pm On Aug 08, 2016
Tomorrow (Tuesday, August 9) at 6:30am on Inspiration 92.3FM (Lagos) make effort to listen to Mr. Oluyinka Soola share his insights on overcoming export business challenges in the Agro-allied sector.

For those who may not have access to the station's broadcast because of location can opt for online streaming (that is how l listen to Nigerian radio stations)

Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by Pavore9: 7:41am On Aug 09, 2016
Listened in and was very informative. Got to know that Hibiscus (used locally for making zobo) is in high demand in North America and Mexico.

Information is priceless!

1 Like

Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by greetings(f): 7:49am On Aug 09, 2016
You're bae pavore wink

Listened in too, the streaming was kinda bad had to watch it live. It was worth it!
Three tips
Get the information
Start small and
Be patient.

Growth takes time right. The only issue for me is where to learn the ropes.. will get there.
Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by Pavore9: 8:05am On Aug 09, 2016
[quote author=greetings post=48322367]You're bae pavore wink

Listened in too, the streaming was kinda bad had to watch it live. It was worth it!
Three tips
Get the information
Start small and
Be patient.

Growth takes time right. The only issue for me is where to learn the ropes.. will get there.[/quote

My streaming was clear as l use streama.com.

I kinda of laughed when a caller talked about exporting garri to the UK. cheesy cheesy In Nairobi, l bumped into a store where a kilo of yellow garri was being sold for $10, l just quenched the urge to drink garri! cheesy

For those in Nigeria, visiting the offices of the Nigerian Export Promotion Council nearest to them give them info on their training programmes as the cost l believe will be subsidized.
Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by Pavore9: 8:06am On Aug 09, 2016
There will be a repeat broadcast on Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 6:30pm.
Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by Bookiemart01(f): 8:34am On Aug 09, 2016
Trainings organized here in PH by export promotion council are always FREE....I've attended about 5 FOC

Please I'll send you a mail on the Garri matter

[quote author=Pavore9 post=48322850][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by Pavore9: 8:44am On Aug 09, 2016
Bookiemart01:
Trainings organized here in PH by export promotion council are always FREE....I've attended about 5 FOC

We found a way around it by sourcing garri directly from Uganda, getting it for $2 per kilo.
Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by baba11(m): 4:54pm On Aug 09, 2016
[quote author=Pavore9 post=48322850][/quote]
Can you shed light on what fadama stands for and how it is being operated?
Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by zazua: 11:01pm On Aug 09, 2016
I need contact of export Council in Imo state bc I want to start exporting my smokedfish to Europe etc
Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by wakes: 6:46am On Aug 10, 2016
I am happy to see a thread on EXPORTATION at last. Please let us educate ourselves just like the IMPORTATION thread. Pavore, I appreciate dear. We need to have the likes of Soola here to educate us. Once again, thanks for starting the thread.

1 Like

Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by Pavore9: 9:28am On Aug 10, 2016
baba11:

Can you shed light on what fadama stands for and how it is being operated?

This should help with a background information.

http://nigerianobservernews.com/17062014/features/features7.html#.V6rkuCnbvHY
Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by Pavore9: 9:31am On Aug 10, 2016
zazua:
I need contact of export Council in Imo state bc I want to start exporting my smokedfish to Europe etc

Read through their website. http://www.nepc.gov.ng
Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by baba11(m): 11:01am On Aug 10, 2016
Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by okpurukata(f): 12:16pm On Aug 10, 2016
Bookiemart01:

Please where does it hold in PH?
Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by Bookiemart01(f): 12:46pm On Aug 10, 2016
They send mails to registered members whenever they have training its not like they have training everyday in a particular office

okpurukata:

Please where does it hold in PH?
Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by annamaria: 10:44am On Aug 11, 2016
Pavore9:
There will be a repeat broadcast on Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 6:30pm.

Thanks for this info. Will definitely tune in today with my notebook to take notes.
Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 11, 2016
Pavore9:
Listened in and was very informative. Got to know that Hibiscus (used locally for making zobo) is in high demand in North America and Mexico.

Information is priceless!

I'm an avid follower of your posts. Just joined nairaland. Thank you for all the info shared. It is said that a teacher's reward is in heaven.

That said, Hibiscus and zobo aren't actually the same. Zobo is roselle in English. Yakuwa in Hausa. Don't know what it's called in other languages.
And FYI I just discovered that neem and Dogonyaro aren't the same. Dogonyaro is actually eucalyptus tree. The Hausa name for neem is Garbejiya.

1 Like

Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by suyamasta(m): 1:17pm On Aug 11, 2016
docfarmer3:

That said, Hibiscus and zobo aren't actually the same. Zobo is roselle in English.

Scientific name: Hibiscus sabdariffa
Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by Pavore9: 1:44pm On Aug 11, 2016
docfarmer3:

I'm an avid follower of your posts. Just joined nairaland. Thank you for all the info shared. It is said that a teacher's reward is in heaven.

That said, Hibiscus and zobo aren't actually the same. Zobo is roselle in English. Yakuwa in Hausa. Don't know what it's called in other languages.
And FYI I just discovered that neem and Dogonyaro aren't the same. Dogonyaro is actually eucalyptus tree. The Hausa name for neem is Garbejiya.

Roselle is a specie of Hibiscus. which in particular is used for Zobo. As per Dogonyaro which is the Hausa name likewise Darbejiya and Bedi while the Hindi name is Neem, so they are one and same.

1 Like

Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 11, 2016
Pavore9:

Roselle is a specie of Hibiscus. which in particular is used for Zobo. As per Dogonyaro which is the Hausa name likewise Darbejiya and Bedi while the Hindi name is Neem, so they are one and same.

Thank you. Learning is a wonderful thing

2 Likes

Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by Agathabishen(f): 8:18pm On Aug 11, 2016
how can I get the link for the streaming
Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by lanre2009: 12:33am On Aug 12, 2016
You can stream some past events from the link below. Hopefully they will upload this particular episode soon.

https://sme.fidelitybank.ng/radio-forum/

Agathabishen:
how can I get the link for the streaming
Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by Agathabishen(f): 8:46am On Aug 12, 2016
lanre2009:
You can stream some past events from the link below. Hopefully they will upload this particular episode soon.

https://sme.fidelitybank.ng/radio-forum/

thanks a lot
Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by Pavore9: 10:05pm On Aug 12, 2016
Get to watch this on Saturday (August 13).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by Pavore9: 10:15am On Aug 13, 2016
Watching live over the internet. cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by igboboy3(m): 9:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
Bookiemart01:
They send mails to registered members whenever they have training its not like they have training everyday in a particular office

What does it take the register? How much will be required?

I've checked the site and they require some forms to be filled. Is it as simple as that?
Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by uwem18: 11:45pm On Oct 30, 2016
Pavore9:
Tomorrow (Tuesday, August 9) at 6:30am on Inspiration 92.3FM (Lagos) make effort to listen to Mr. Oluyinka Soola share his insights on overcoming export business challenges in the Agro-allied sector.

For those who may not have access to the station's broadcast because of location can opt for online streaming (that is how l listen to Nigerian radio stations)

pls sir what is the export price for palm oil and Maize
Re: Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector by Bookiemart01(f): 7:56am On Oct 31, 2016
The 1st thing is your company as to be registered with CAC

You'll also pay #11,000 for the certificate. The certificate is renewable in 2 years

igboboy3:

What does it take the register? How much will be required?

I've checked the site and they require some forms to be filled. Is it as simple as that?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Finally A Cure To Tuta Absoluta Is Here As Sygenta Launches Ampligo / I Need Help For My Broiler That Ve Weak Legs / Cassava Frying Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.