Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,523 members, 7,920,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 03:18 PM

Very Confused; Help With My Career Crises - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Very Confused; Help With My Career Crises (719 Views)

I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! / Johnspeak Uwangue: How I Broke The Chain Of Stagnation In My Career / Confused About Contract Job And A Permanent Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Very Confused; Help With My Career Crises by Valeros: 9:42am On Aug 09, 2016
I am currently doing my masters in the UK not to mention that I have gathered years of experience in Web development as a freelancer and Java Programming. I am just fed with looking for Job. Every one says I should not come back to Nigeria as the country is not rosy atm. I have applied for jobs here in the UK and have gone through most interviews to a very good state and they suddenly drop me at about the final stage. Even those that promised to give feedback on y they did never got back to me. I want to believe this is because they do not want to sponsor Visa. I currently have about 1500 pounds(maybe about 750k naira with current exchange rate) I have managed to save. I was thinking of going into tech startup once I am back but again, the money cannot do much. I was told most companies do not even employ in Nigeria atm due to economic crises. I really don't know what to do next with my life. Although I am still applying for Jobs here. What would you guys do?
Re: Very Confused; Help With My Career Crises by Intelligentdude(m): 10:05am On Aug 09, 2016
Valeros:
I am currently doing my masters in the UK not to mention that I have gathered years of experience in Web development as a freelancer and Java Programming. I am just fed with looking for Job. Every one says I should not come back to Nigeria as the country is not rosy atm. I have applied for jobs here in the UK and have gone through most interviews to a very good state and they suddenly drop me at about the final stage. Even those that promised to give feedback on y they did never got back to me. I want to believe this is because they do not want to sponsor Visa. I currently have about 1500 pounds(maybe about 750k naira with current exchange rate) I have managed to save. I was thinking of going into tech startup once I am back but again, the money cannot do much. I was told most companies do not even employ in Nigeria atm due to economic crises. I really don't know what to do next with my life. Although I am still applying for Jobs here. What would you guys do?
Helo,Goodmorning.

The amount of money you have is more than enough to start running your company,all you need is an experience business developer/sales consultant.

The first coy I worked with is a Software company in Lekki,guess what,the CEO started the coy from his bedroom(one room)with a side stool.I bet you will be surprise if I tell you that an entry level java developer earns 150k excluding other allowance in the Coy today(the coy started in 2009).

It is not enough to have technical prowess,you should also be very sound in business development/Sales if you want to succeed in the software industry.

Software programmers(especially Java developers) are in high demand in Nigeria,I believe you should do more research of high paying software coys.

Guess you have heard of System Spec,Qrios,L5Lab,AppZone,Seamfix,Terragon(Digital marketing coy but programmers are well taken care of).Cheers

Food for thought: The best writers are usually not the best sellers.So it is not really about the complexity of your software but more about the selling of your software.

1 Like

Re: Very Confused; Help With My Career Crises by Valeros: 10:53am On Aug 09, 2016
Intelligentdude:
Helo,Goodmorning.

The amount of money you have is more than enough to start running your company,all you need is an experience business developer/sales consultant.

The first coy I worked with is a Software company in Lekki,guess what,the CEO started the coy from his bedroom(one room)with a side stool.I bet you will be surprise if I tell you that an entry level java developer earns 150k excluding other allowance in the Coy today(the coy started in 2009).

It is not enough to have technical prowess,you should also be very sound in business development/Sales if you want to succeed in the software industry.

Software programmers(especially Java developers) are in high demand in Nigeria,I believe you should do more research of high paying software coys.

Guess you have heard of System Spec,Qrios,L5Lab,AppZone,Seamfix,Terragon(Digital marketing coy but programmers are well taken care of).Cheers

Food for thought: The best writers are usually not the best sellers.So it is not really about the complexity of your software but more about the selling of your software.

Thanks a lot for this....I guess I will work on the startup idea and get a business development personnel then.It is a risk I might just be willing to take. I have only heard of System spec , seamfix and terragon. I worked for a while in a top IT company in Nigeria but realized most staffs are on contract and most roles are routine check up and monitoring, barely adding any experience to the developer. Thanks a lot for this piece, guess I will explore my feasibility from here
Re: Very Confused; Help With My Career Crises by bharkarh(m): 4:27pm On Aug 09, 2016
Intelligentdude:
Helo,Goodmorning.

I can't stop liking you grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Your Mindset Is Your First Step To Success. / Recruitment Agency / I Have Not Been Paid By Npower.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.