Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:46 PM

A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists (1605 Views)

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. / Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! / Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by t0kunb0(m): 10:16am On Sep 24, 2009
manmustwac:

To think that Africans would rather endure poverty while thier leaders are looting the treasury because of the word faith and the imaginary man that exist in thier imagination. Welcome to Nairaland Ahiests wink

grin Chasing shadows rather than substance  grin
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by jagunlabi(m): 10:25am On Sep 24, 2009
Nigerians are amongst the most "religious",and not the most "spiritual".There is a huge difference between being religious and being spiritual.
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by manmustwac(m): 10:40am On Sep 24, 2009
jagunlabi:

Nigerians are amongst the most "religious",and not the most "spiritual".There is a huge difference between being religious and being spiritual.
so what is being spiritual?
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by banom(m): 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2009
davidylan:

Have you proven to them that God doesnt exist?

You have started again, you studied gambling or what ?
have you been able to establish God's existence beyond reasonable doubt, why then do you need disprove ?
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by Abuzola(m): 1:11pm On Sep 24, 2009
Lmao

let me have david pics, we the mujahideen will struck him down, let me have the pics, by the time i generalize the pics in every jihad website he will realise there is no sanctuary on earth
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by jagunlabi(m): 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2009
manmustwac:

so what is being spiritual?
Being spiritual,in my own opinion,is  "knowing" the true nature of ourselves and the reality we live in.Spirituality is about knowing(gnosis),while religiousity is about simply believing(blind faith) in manmade ideologies that form the structures of a particular belief system,i.e. christianity,judaism and islam.Being religious is basically subscribing  to the tenets of a belief system and drawing one's identity of the self from those beliefs.
One does not need religion to be spiritual.On the contrary,religions(especially the Abrahamic faiths) prevents one from becoming spiritual.To a spiritual person,there exists none of that illusion of separation between mankind,but the realization that at our very essence,we are one.
With a religious person,however,this illusion of separation is very very prominent.
Spirituality is about empowerment,while religiousity is about disempowerment,because the state of disempowerment is necessary to manipulate and control a very large flock to do what a small group of socalled christian "priesthood" wants it to do.We are all very familiar with this phenomenon by now,so i won't dwell on it.
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by Tudor6(f): 1:35pm On Sep 24, 2009
Jagulabi na waa ooo
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by Tudor6(f): 1:37pm On Sep 24, 2009
Abuzola:

Lmao

let me have david pics, we the mujahideen will struck him down, let me have the pics, by the time i generalize the pics in every jihad website he will realise there is no sanctuary on earth
Davidylan is in trouble!!. . . .you better start begging mazaje. Lol
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by DeepSight(m): 2:22pm On Sep 24, 2009
@ Poster - can you please indulge me:

1. Please define the term "Atheist"

2. Please give us your personal reasons for calling yourself an Atheist.

3. Please explain to us why in your view, people who believe that the Universe was created by a Supernatural Mind are deluded/ suffering from a virus.

4. Please indicate what you might think of people who suppose that elements such as DNA, staggering in their complex customization for purpose, could have emerged by chance, or as the product of a universe without a mind.

No stress, but i request that you answer these with dispatch, as i am eager to understand on what basis you presume yourself intelligent on account only that you believe there can be effects without causes within logical reasoning. And on what basis you presume others stupid, for believeing in the law of Cause and Effect.
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by bawomolo(m): 3:17pm On Sep 24, 2009
jagunlabi:

word.

abuzola, are u on this site. you may find your bride here grin

Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by richjohn1(m): 4:02pm On Sep 24, 2009
In as much as I wont call myself an atheist, the concept of xtianity is senseless to me. The whole concept is ambigious, insane and pure stupidity, it beats me to see people carry what they know little or nothing about carry it on their head

The world is doomed for hell? and the ONLY way you can save them is by sending your son to die , is that not insanity, trinity laughable contradictions in the bible etc,

Truly without faith delusion[s][/s] its impossible to please

@David
abeg begin beg mazaje because abuzola no mind to make them no use your body do suya
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by DeepSight(m): 4:33pm On Sep 24, 2009
@ Poster, i am still waiting for the answers to these questions.

1. Please define the term "Atheist"

2. Please give us your personal reasons for calling yourself an Atheist.

3. Please explain to us why in your view, people who believe that the Universe was created by a Supernatural Mind are deluded/ suffering from a virus.

4. Please indicate what you might think of people who suppose that elements such as DNA, staggering in their complex customization for purpose, could have emerged by chance, or as the product of a universe without a mind.
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by manmustwac(m): 5:00pm On Sep 24, 2009
@jagunlabi
thanks for enlightening me smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

"How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" / Is the Moon Inhabited By A Colony Of Leprechauns? / Religion Rots The Brain? Nigerian Physicist Proves Hom.osexuality Abnormal......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.