Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,934 members, 7,980,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 12:07 PM

Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili (15922 Views)

2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili / Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife / Arresting Jonathan’ll Spell Doom For Buhari Government - IYC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by ConqueredWest: 2:01pm On Aug 09, 2016
One day the 5% will go their way if the 97% keep on resisting restructuring angry
Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 09, 2016
He was asked about restructuring he started talking about Sokoto caliphate and "Yoruba " being coined by one Islamic scholar.
I doubt if he knew what he was talking about.

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by Dollyak(f): 2:03pm On Aug 09, 2016
One of the most potent ways of suppressing and dominating a tribe/race has always been a theft or distortion of identity. His deliberate misleading attempt at Yoruba name origin narratives is lame. Typical of people from that region

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by ConqueredWest: 2:04pm On Aug 09, 2016
Adminisher:
Nigeria is not restructuring. It is wasteful, anarchic and will destabilise the whole of Africa. It will make radical Islam very powerful and they will deep their Koran in the Atlantic.

It is selfish politicians and tribalistic and unexposed youths who are fanning the flames of restructuring for nothing.

Everything that is currently wrong with Nigeria can be corrected by suing the FG to the Supreme Court for judicial interpretation - from quota system to JAMB cut-off, to states power. Other things can be corrected by Constitutional Amendments arising from motions and Bill's in the National Assembly

In the name of Jesus, we bind every spirit of Afonja

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by 1freshdude: 2:09pm On Aug 09, 2016
Adminisher:
Nigeria is not restructuring. It is wasteful, anarchic and will destabilise the whole of Africa. It will make radical Islam very powerful and they will deep their Koran in the Atlantic.

It is selfish politicians and tribalistic and unexposed youths who are fanning the flames of restructuring for nothing.

Everything that is currently wrong with Nigeria can be corrected by suing the FG to the Supreme Court for judicial interpretation - from quota system to JAMB cut-off, to states power. Other things can be corrected by Constitutional Amendments arising from motions and Bill's in the National Assembly

This post shows that you are either been mischievous, naive or a very small child! This discuss is certainly above you.

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 09, 2016
Restructuring will spell doom for his pockets

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by Ikegod89(m): 2:14pm On Aug 09, 2016
If A Legislator Can Say That Restruture Is Not What We Need, Am Afraid Where We Are Going, With Diversification Agender.
Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by BasharMaaji: 2:26pm On Aug 09, 2016
Well, senator I can believe with u to some extent, because really wht is happening in this country in terms of hardship, economic instability etc. Is beyond control because governors of this country are the major contributor of wht is happening, known of them have not received his bailout bet still salary became a problem nd the worst part of it, is whr is thre monthly allocation for salary and other things. We r really in hardship bet they r multiplying it.
Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by millionaireman: 2:49pm On Aug 09, 2016
It is no more possible to restructure Nigeria politically, because Arewa soldiers who created states used the deal to consign Nigeria to the hands of Arewa politicians.

Any political estructuring of Nigeria today with members equally drawn from the thirty states shall leave us with similar political structure and governing system.

Today, only Arewa refuses political restructuring of Nigeria because Arewa soldiers restructured Nigeria into 36 states and Abuja by wrong use of land mass to proliferate too many undue number of states and hundreds of local govt councils in the once northern region, but allowed only 17 states in the once two southern regions. Arewa thus profits economically and politically from the 36 sates and Abuja structure - and maximally. .

Nigeria's state creation: two grew to 17 but one grew to twenty. This is the fraud of one Nigeria. But no federal country ever used land mass as criterion to create new federal units from the existing ones.

Arewa has the double luck of having most of southern Nigerians not understand the ugly implications, for the south, which Nigeria's present political structure poses for the entire south of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by nnokwa042(m): 2:53pm On Aug 09, 2016
BigBenoski:

Really? I never knew
so the word yoruba was giving to them by northern islam na waooo
Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by millionaireman: 2:57pm On Aug 09, 2016
Restructure Nigeria politically can only be meaningfully effected if the members of the conference are equally drawn from the three regions that got Nigeria's independence on the basis of then existing Parliamentary political representations of each of the three regions.

Any political restructuring of Nigeria can only have fundamental changes if the conferees are equally drawn from the old northern, eastern and southwestern regions.
That's how it should be done in countries where cheating is not put first by any group.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by Forwetinnah: 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2016
Coming from a leech and a parasite who wants to keep feeding off resources he knows nothing about, I'm not surprised. What makes the FG strong if not the sharing of the ND resources. Is there any other major income especially from his region going into the Federal account? I can see why he's against restructuring, the so called minority are the ones carrying the entire nation on their back...while the majority spend and struggle for power to control resources from the minority. Who even gave him the right to speak for the minority? The nerve!!!
Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by omnisali: 3:03pm On Aug 09, 2016
flokii:
Even if they restructure sef.. Some places won't still develop

Those that enjoy shielding corruption for whatever reasons I still dnt knw.. It will only make their politicians more powerful with the ability to loot funds unchecked (days of slave trading comes to mind)

Even the gifted ones who should be fighting for it are calm, hoping things workout. But let's wait and see. Whichever works fine in my own opinion

Why r u afraid of the unknown. R u from the north?
Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by drss2(m): 3:05pm On Aug 09, 2016
millionaireman:
It is no more possible to restructure Nigeria politically, because Arewa soldiers who created states used the deal to consign Nigeria to the hands of Arewa politicians.

Any political estructuring of Nigeria today with members equally drawn from the thirty states shall leave us with similar political structure and governing system.

Today, only Arewa refuses political restructuring of Nigeria because Arewa soldiers restructured Nigeria into 36 states and Abuja by wrong use of land mass to proliferate too many undue number of states and hundreds of local govt councils in the once northern region, but allowed only 17 states in the once two southern regions. Arewa thus profits economically and politically from the 36 sates and Abuja structure - and maximally. .

Nigeria's state creation: two grew to 17 but one grew to twenty. This is the fraud of one Nigeria. But no federal country ever used land mass as criterion to create new federal units from the existing ones.

Arewa has the double luck of having most of southern Nigerians not understand the ugly implications, for the south, which Nigeria's present political structure poses for the entire south of Nigeria.
u said it perfectly. dis wat many nigerians do not know. even if d issue of restructuring is brought before nass it will never see d light cos they have d voting power, no tanks to d number of states in d north compared to d south.
just like they did d PIB bill is wat they will do to issues of restructuring. in short, any bill brought before nass d north does not like will never be passed. dat is why i support wat i wrote in green on my signature. only through REVOLUTION will all ethinic nationalites be free of d gamgari north.
Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by omnisali: 3:08pm On Aug 09, 2016
Adminisher:

Take a chill pill, we don't want to be nigerians , na force? Bring all govt textbook join, we go still exit. Wetin!

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by Okeycima: 3:35pm On Aug 09, 2016
Pls my Brothers from tɧҽ south west come and explain this Quote from this man.'Even Professor Bala Usman said that the word Yoruba does not connote anything in Yoruba language as it is a name given by an Islamic scholar that coined the word Yoruba.'

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2016
omnisali:

Take a chill pill, we don't want to be nigerians , na force? Bring all govt textbook join, we go still exit. Wetin!
When you have more northerners in the national assembly, benefiting from oil money, they wouldn't want to amend the constitution to enforce restructuring...which is what we need.
Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by bezimo(m): 3:58pm On Aug 09, 2016
Only people from the North are afraid of and against restructuring and true federalism because they are parasites to the Nigerian system, taking much without contributing anything other than religious motivated violence and terrorism. We are witnesses to all these. We know how much has been spent fighting those boko idiots. Its in billions of dollars that would have been channelled for development else where in the country.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by olaniyi0(m): 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2016
ConqueredWest:
One day the 5% will go their way if the 97% keep on resisting restructuring angry
wtf are u saying? 97% and 5%, thats over 100%
Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by YungMillionaire: 4:03pm On Aug 09, 2016
grin
Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by Robbin7(m): 4:07pm On Aug 09, 2016
MasterofNL:

I don’t want to take up an issue that is allegedly being spearheaded by the former vice president, and also another respected Nigerian, Professor Wole Soyinka. First, I don’t know the concept of the restructuring you are talking about. I have not read it and I am not familiar with what they said,
So you should read more about......
Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by adimsmt: 4:08pm On Aug 09, 2016
MasterofNL:

http://sunnewsonline.com/restructuring-will-spell-doom-for-nigeria-senator-wakili/

Sir restructuring Nigeria will be the best thing that will happen to the country not doom. Just allow each state control its own resource and pay taxes to the federal like 60% for state 40% federal or 55%/45% then if any state can't stands on its own let the state merge with its sister state. We need to decentralize power, policing and so many others. Until we take this giant step Nigeria as a country will continue to lag behind.

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by olaniyi0(m): 4:12pm On Aug 09, 2016
Okeycima:
Pls my Brothers from tɧҽ south west come and explain this Quote from this man.'Even Professor Bala Usman said that the word Yoruba does not connote anything in Yoruba language as it is a name given by an Islamic scholar that coined the word Yoruba.'
how does that benefit us? wether coined or nt
Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by PatrickAnyanwu(m): 4:17pm On Aug 09, 2016
you want to continue parasiting while contributing nothing to the country's revenue? Restructuring will make the lazy states wake up.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by bakynes(m): 4:17pm On Aug 09, 2016
Okeycima:
Him and his Professor Bala are obviously on some high dry weed. I dont know where he got that shi*t from am sure he was high on some cocaine before taking that interview.Our history books never mentioned such so i wonder where he got his own weed from that is making him mad.
Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by engrhorla(m): 4:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
Goldenheart:
Too - Long

You wanna hide useful information from nairalanders, hide it in a long post on politics, education or family thread - they won't read it!

cry
Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by engrhorla(m): 4:31pm On Aug 09, 2016
Robbin7:

So you should read more about......

This abokis are not smart

You are to be interviewed yet you are not prepared

That's what Dogaara did when questioned about padding at Aso villa..he had d guts to tell journalists to educate him on the meaning of padding

Stewpeed dunces forming smart ass...no be dem fault sha
Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by Denchturbo: 5:43pm On Aug 09, 2016
No
Adminisher:

But who will pass those bills and amendments? Is it not the same pillagers that benefit from the status quo?

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by Alaanyihaji(m): 6:00pm On Aug 09, 2016
Anyone against restructuring is against hardwork and progressive development of this our great nation.
Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by ozimec(m): 6:22pm On Aug 09, 2016
MasterofNL:

http://sunnewsonline.com/restructuring-will-spell-doom-for-nigeria-senator-wakili/

Oga stop beating around the bush. Tell us that you don't support it for obvious reason. Why are taking medicine for another man's headache?

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by Okeycima: 6:39pm On Aug 09, 2016
bakynes:

Him and his Professor Bala are obviously on some high dry weed. I dont know where he got that shi*t from am sure he was high on some cocaine before taking that interview.Our history books never mentioned such so i wonder where he got his own weed from that is making him mad.
thanks for the clarification
Re: Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili by Okeycima: 6:42pm On Aug 09, 2016
bakynes:

thanks for the clarification.so how did that the YORUBA name come †̥♥ b?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bayelsa Governorship: Heavy Shooting In Oporoma / Army Records More Victory In Kircha Dungus & Other Areas,Kill 4 Terrorists(pics / LAKE RICE: Lagos State To Adopt One-man-one-bag Purchase Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.