Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,569 members, 7,914,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 06:17 AM

Our Trip To The Police Headquarters Yes, We Were There As a Team. Bola Agboola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Trip To The Police Headquarters Yes, We Were There As a Team. Bola Agboola (452 Views)

Kassim Afegbua Turns Himself In At Police Headquarters (Photos) / Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) / Wike Leads Protest To Police Headquarters, Demands Redeployment Of SARS Fakorade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Trip To The Police Headquarters Yes, We Were There As a Team. Bola Agboola by Purplebirdrep: 10:18pm On Aug 09, 2016
Our trip to the Police Headquarters

Yes, we were there as a team. I got wind of an invitation from the Police last Thursday asking me to come for an interview with the Assistant Commissioner of Police, Criminal Investigation Department. I thought it was a petition to the police from  Aunty Motunde Fajuyi, of course I have reasons to think in that direction since she has been reporting me here and there alleging that I was behind online attacks against her person. Alas, I was wrong.

It wasn't Aunty Motunde that reported me, it was the Ekiti State APC Publicity Secretary, Hon. Taiwo Olatunbosun who did. He asked the Police to arrest, prosecute and jail me. My offense? That I wrote a letter on 2nd July 2016 in his name to Mrs. Aisha Buhari asking her to prove her innocence in the Harliburton Scandal. The second petition was that I go online turning upside down Mr. President Buhari's picture, the third is that I am a ceaseless attacker of the first lady, Mrs. Aisha Buhari. 

Printed copies of the alleged activities were attached to the petition submitted to the police.

Hon. Olatunbosun didn't stop at that, he told the police that 'Bola Agboola, Debola Akingbade, Gbadura Oluwasola and their cohort' goes about the world maligning other people, especially important personalities whose opinions run contrary to ours. I was asked if I understood the content of the petition and I said I did, I was asked if I would like to react to the petition and I said yes, I reacted in writing. I wrote my side of the story. I was asked to produce someone who will sign my bail form, my boss, Lere Olayinka was on hand to do so. I was granted bail and asked to show up again next Monday.

It's crystal clear the APC, both at federal and state level wants a silent opposition, it's no news that they are intolerant of the opposition. Even when we do not have The Nation, when we don't have Punch, when we don't have Leadership, the only weapon we have, The Social Media, they won't want us to use, that is unacceptable, we can't afford to cave in. Should we not talk when paying #145/litre for petrol is like removing hair from the nostril? Why shouldn't we complain when we have no job on our hands against what Buhari and APC promised us, why shouldn't we complain when we don't have food in our belly and a bag of rice is sold for #18,000 against #8,500 we used to buy when the clueless GEJ was President.

Fayose often say 'when you beat a child, he/she has the right to cry, it is when you don't allow the child cry that you have acted wickedly', Buhari is whipping our ass, don't we have the right to cry? Why not allow us wail peacefully without police harassment and intimidation, this is Ekiti, we don't succumb to intimidation. If APC  thinks taking us out of circulation will help them, trust me it won't work. Freedom of speech I believe is a right and not privilege, I believe Nigerians that are pressed to the wall should speak out. Tyrants don't have their ways for life, it won't start with this administration!

To all who have shown concern through various means of communication, I say Thank You So Much, I must say I am overwhelmed by your support. May God bless you all. 

Bola Agboola

09/08/2016.

Re: Our Trip To The Police Headquarters Yes, We Were There As a Team. Bola Agboola by Flexherbal(m): 10:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
Political wahala!

(1) (Reply)

(Photos) Who Is Your True Hero Of Democracy / Water Running For 4days, Doesn't Make Sense To Me / Confusion Over PDP National Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.