Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,423 members, 7,881,555 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:40 PM

Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition (15699 Views)

Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery / 8 APC Aspirants For Anambra Governorship Election 2017 / 7 APC Aspirants Step Down For Segun Abraham In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 10, 2016
SharkTank:
For where? Even in the West they spend money with Azikiwe's face
I lack respect for azikiwe, that don't mean I have any for Tinubu either, Awolowo? Sounds like a very smart man to me.
Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by matamaros: 11:28am On Aug 10, 2016
Lifestone:
Tinubu must know that Ondo state is not Lagos state. I am suprised that he has refused to learn from the event of recent history in 2012 when he imposed Akeredolu as his cadidate in ACN against Mimiko, he failed woefully.
I have always insisted that it's an illusion for Tinubu to think he is the defacto leader of the Yorubas and can therefore dictate what must happen in states outside Lagos.
Awolowo lost Ondo and Oyo state in the 1983 election to NPN because of the imposition of Ajasin and Bola Ige
A word is enough for the wise, but the question is whether our leaders are wise
AJASIN NEVER LOST THE 1983 ELECTION. THE COURT RESTORED HIS MAN DATE. AS FOR BOLA IGE, WE WERE ALL WITNESS TO NPN RIGGING. AGAIN IGE COULD NOT PROVE EVIDENCE OF RIGGING. STOP DISSEMINATING FALSE INFORMATION

3 Likes

Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by dayoungmoney1: 11:28am On Aug 10, 2016
God father politics
Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by biggie73(m): 11:29am On Aug 10, 2016
This is not imposition. Tinubu only canvass support for Dr. Abraham.
Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by free2ryhme: 11:29am On Aug 10, 2016
make them kill themselves na dem know
Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 10, 2016
omaguibu:
Dr. Tunji Abayomi, you are indeed a strong man. if he tries doing that, all of you should throw your weight behind PDP.
That would make a lot of sense, for once someone should prove to this man that he's not the oba of Yoruba land.
Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by nnokwa042(m): 11:32am On Aug 10, 2016
SharkTank:
For where? Even in the West they spend money with Azikiwe's face
lol dont mind the young man
Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by Deen77: 11:36am On Aug 10, 2016
Mynd44:

Nigerians are weird, you mystify someone by yourself and then start claiming he is chasing you up and down then you go back to claim he is being demystified.

Why can't aspirants just go to a primary elections with their supporters and vote? If the delegates are bribed or cajoled, why not do yours? I dont see how that should be a problem.

Only folks with inferiority complexes run about shouting

As a leader, he can support not impose.

If you call support an imposition well.
Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 10, 2016
After this national charade he orchestrated? Nigerians never learn.
Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 10, 2016
matamaros:

AJASIN NEVER LOST THE 1983 ELECTION. THE COURT RESTORED HIS MAN DATE. AS FOR BOLA IGE, WE WERE ALL WITNESS TO NPN RIGGING. AGAIN IGE COULD NOT PROVE EVIDENCE OF RIGGING. STOP DISSEMINATING FALSE INFORMATION

Facts! Ajasin and Omonoriowo fell out because Ajasin did not honour his agreement to serve only one term and hand over to Omoboriowo. Omoboriowo decamped to NPN, there was massive rigging but in the end Afasin regained his mandate. As for Bola Ige, Olunloyo is an Ibadan man, Akinjide was chairman of NPN also an Ibadan man, Ibadan had the population, Bola Ige was always up against it despite incumbency. Both sides rigged!!! Rigging didn't start in 1999!!

1 Like

Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by DanielPop(m): 11:47am On Aug 10, 2016
While APC members are slugging it out...in the news Guardian front page today....

grin karma en! grin

Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by pharmadoctor(m): 11:48am On Aug 10, 2016
Lifestone:
Tinubu must know that Ondo state is not Lagos state. I am suprised that he has refused to learn from the event of recent history in 2012 when he imposed Akeredolu as his cadidate in ACN against Mimiko, he failed woefully.
I have always insisted that it's an illusion for Tinubu to think he is the defacto leader of the Yorubas and can therefore dictate what must happen in states outside Lagos.
Awolowo lost Ondo and Oyo state in the 1983 election to NPN because of the imposition of Ajasin and Bola Ige
You said it all. What perfect observation by you. I'm from Ogun state, Ondo state from time immemorial has always kicked against imposition. Even Pa Awolowo tried it then and it later led to commotion as his candidate lost. Ondo is one state that always like to decide what they want. So Mr Tinubu don't go there, it won't work.
Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by lordkhalifa(m): 11:52am On Aug 10, 2016
wastedsperm:
Tinubu is greater than Nnamdi Azikwe
and foolish and cowardice more than pa Awolowo and mko merge together
Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 10, 2016
wastedsperm:
Tinubu is greater than Nnamdi Azikwe
Ur Moniker says all about you
Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by dakkayode(m): 11:57am On Aug 10, 2016
Think Aketi

Think a new... APC change

Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by Dething: 11:59am On Aug 10, 2016
Babatundecash:
Believe this fake news at your own peril......who made the Jagons Tunji chairman over 24 out 25 Aspirants,where and when was the meeting held? This is nothing but a scam from new Telegraph to deceive the electorate......with the grace of God,I am one of the APC excos from Iyere ward 10 here in Owo L.g.a......Elder Akin is the chairman Iyere ward 10 and acting chairman Of Apc in owo L.g.a.....different aspirants like Aketi,Oke,Abraham,Alasoadura and a few to mention have been coming to Iyere to woo us......Mr.Rotimi Akeredolu(san)resides here in GRA ijebu Owo,Apata also resides in GRA ijebu Owo,Jamiu Ekungba also live in okedogbon Owo,madam Jumoke Ajasin resides in Oke Ogun here in Owo,DR.bode Ayorinde also resides in Owo,niran sule also resides in Owo,chief Bukola Adetula also resides in his Zoka castle along FMC beside new Apc sectariat here in Owo Lga...all these are guber aspirants under the canopy of Apc from Owo LGA and none of them ever said they accuse Tinubu for Imposition of candidates,they were all taken with shock when they saw this thrash from new Telegraph#as at yesterday some of the Excos and ward chairmen that are Loyal to Aketi were all in his residence for a meeting and during the meeting nothing relating to imposition was discuss,....we the excos in Owo are all looking for a way to get the ticket for Rotimi Akeredolu but the fear of Chief olusola oke from Ondo south and Pastor(DR)segun Abraham from ikare Akoko was also discuss.....the reasons for discussing Abraham is because here in Ondo North Akoko comprises 4 out of the 6 local government that made the district and APC elders forum from the 4 Local government are rooting for Abraham and there by shuting her door against the Asiwaju of Akoko Land a person of sen.Robert Ajayi Boroffice from oka Akoko.....I'M very sure of this that if the akoko elders allow for fair primary,sen.Boroffice remain the candidate to beat from the region......who the hell is Tunji Abayomi a serial loser from time immemorial#I was in Akure on Saturday for Baba kumuyi's crusade and I could not sight any tunji billboard along the owo-akure express way....up till now i've not sight any of Tunji campaign bus in town......I love Aketi to clinch the Ticket but you have to fear Olusola oke,Abraham,Boroffice and Mr.Achiever.....Tunji Abayomi is not on ground in the state.

welldone, I like your analysis and I believe Ondo state has always stood out, undermining the fact that Ondo is south west but everything in Ondo is Unique. Ondo is not like any other Yoruba state, Its so unique! No one can even impose anyone on the ONDO people! The stubbornness in Ondo will help reject imposition 100%!

Meanwhile, I think its time for OWO to produce the next GOVERNOR, but I feel Aketi is not the right person.....Personal opinion ooo!
Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by DanielPop(m): 12:07pm On Aug 10, 2016
While those who gave us this "gofment" are fighting themselves everywhere... grin..see how their people from Katsina are enjoying "Change"

lipsrsealed

Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 10, 2016
Dething:

welldone, I like your analysis and I believe Ondo state has always stood out, undermining the fact that Ondo is south west but everything in Ondo is Unique. Ondo is not like any other Yoruba state, Its so unique! No one can even impose anyone on the ONDO people! The stubbornness in Ondo will help reject imposition 100%!

Meanwhile, I think its time for OWO to produce the next GOVERNOR, but I feel Aketi is not the right person.....Personal opinion ooo!

you are agreeing to an analysis that is wrong. Ajasin won Ondo state despite being Awolowo's candidate, the 1983 riots that erupted was because of the announcement of Omoboriowo as Winner, not because Awolowo imposed Ajasin...if Ondo people rejected Ajasin as an imposed candidate why is it that it was the initial announcement of Omoboriowo as winner that caused the riots? Did they riot when Ajasin was declared eventual winner?

As for Bola Ige, like I siad earlier Bola Ige won because of the Ibadan factor (olunloyo/Akinjide/Akinloye) not because Awolowo imposed Bola Ige. It is true that Bola Ige and his deputy Afolabi fell out and Afolabi decamped to NPN but if you examine Afolabi's path in the 1st republic, his comments to Bola Ige to "come and chop" when Bola ige was appointed AG under OBJ (to which Bola Ige replied I am here to serve not chop) and his subsequent trial for corruption, it easy to see that Afolabi was always a less than Honorable man. if Awo favoured Bola Ige over Afolabi, history has proved him to be right.

The annointing and "imposition of candidates happens allover" Hilary Clinton is an imposed/annointed candidate. The difference between Awolowo and Tinubu is Awolowo never imposed a candidate against the will of the people to be a puppet for his own gain.
Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by Akolawole(m): 12:46pm On Aug 10, 2016
[quote author=Lifestone post=48348760]
1) Tinubu must know that Ondo state is not Lagos state. I am suprised that he has refused to learn from the event of recent history in 2012 when he imposed Akeredolu as his cadidate in ACN against Mimiko, he failed woefully.

2) I have always insisted that it's an illusion for Tinubu to think he is the defacto leader of the Yorubas and can therefore dictate what must happen in states outside Lagos.

3) Awolowo lost Ondo and Oyo state in the 1983 election to NPN because of the imposition of Ajasin and Bola Ige
quote]

1 & 2 : Tinubu is NOT the Yoruba leader but he is Yoruba's political leader(Fortunately/Unfortunately)

3) That is UNTRUE
Bola Ige was NOT imposed at all. He lost through rigging and the famous ''omo wa ni, e je o se''. Try to research why Chief Ige was removed as Alasa of Ibadanland. Chief Sunday Afolabi has defected to NPN long before the primaries

~ Do you know how many times Baba Awolowo ask primaries to be done again in 1979 to ensure level playing field for Omoboriowo? Baba Ajasin was rigged and he regained the mandate in Court.
Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 10, 2016
Lifestone:
[s]Awolowo lost Ondo and Oyo state in the 1983 election to NPN because of the imposition of Ajasin and Bola Ige[/s]

You don't have to reinvent history to make a point. Ajasin was rigged out in Ondo, he went to court and got his mandate but not before the electorate went on a rampage of violence.

Bola Ige's loss to Olunloyo had nothing to do with imposition either but everything to do with Sunday Afolabi his deputy and UPN stalwart Eruobodo defecting to NPN, also there were reports of unprecedented rigging of votes with towns like Modakeke in Ife reporting more votes than there were registered voters.
Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 10, 2016
pharmadoctor:

You said it all. What perfect observation by you. I'm from Ogun state, Ondo state from time immemorial has always kicked against imposition. Even Pa Awolowo tried it then and it later led to commotion as his candidate lost. Ondo is one state that always like to decide what they want. So Mr Tinubu don't go there, it won't work.

Bollocks!
Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by Babatundecash(m): 1:12pm On Aug 10, 2016
sosanova:
APC will lose Ondo State again, if any imposition is allowed.
receive sense in Jesus name.....for your information APC has never lose in Ondo state....APC first outing in the state was last year(2015) general election in which they won the state convincingly and there by making Dr.mimiko to lose one of his two polling booth....APC second outing in the state is stated for Nov.26 this yr for the gubernatorial election.
Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by Handsomecole(m): 1:13pm On Aug 10, 2016
Tinubu gave us Fashola and Ambode and he are happy. Ondo people had better start rejoicing because Jagaban knows the best hands to deliver.

He is a Nelson Mandela of our time.
We Love you Tinubu, Carry go baba!!! Na you get Southwest.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by figure007(m): 1:18pm On Aug 10, 2016
the same mistake e made some years back which led to mimiko winning instead of agunloye by imposing akeredelu...i smell another downfall of apc in ondo...and ondo pple really need someone outside pdp...i pray things goes well saa
Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by figure007(m): 1:20pm On Aug 10, 2016
Handsomecole:
Tinubu gave us Fashola and Ambode and he are happy. Ondo people had better start rejoicing because Jagaban knows the best hands to deliver.

He is a Nelson Mandela of our time.
We Love you Tinubu, Carry go baba!!! Na you get Southwest.
if you were in ondo state few years back you would know jagaban dont need imposition in ondo cos it would cos alot of divisions and it would lead to their downfall like the last time bro
Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by OYIBN: 1:48pm On Aug 10, 2016
There are 25 aspirants. By Nigeria style of democracy, no matter who wins, the 24 others would complain and make noise! Jagaban has a right to screen the aspirants. How many of the 25 aspirants are going there to serve? Once they settle down, they will loot the treasury of their state and soon start shouting that they can't pay the wages of their civil servants.

1 Like

Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by Olusola147(m): 1:53pm On Aug 10, 2016
naijaGhandi:
Tinubu is imposing so they say, mention candidates he's picked but got to office only to fail woefully. This is the same cry indigenes of ekiti were about but today they now understand that a tinubu's candidate is better than fayose for them. I wish them luck over there in ondo state. Ondo state is almost finished, no thanks to mimiko, anything short of a good administrator that can bring back the state from coma, I don't know how worse its economy would be
who told you tinubu candidate Is better than fayose in ekiti, why can't you people just think with your appropriate sense for once? just go get some rest and stop talking trash.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by MrImole: 2:01pm On Aug 10, 2016
vodutive:

Facts! Ajasin and Omoboriowo fell out because Ajasin did not honour his agreement to serve only one term and hand over to Omoboriowo. Omoboriowo decamped to NPN, there was massive rigging but in the end Afasin regained his mandate. As for Bola Ige, Olunloyo is an Ibadan man, Akinjide was chairman of NPN also an Ibadan man, Ibadan had the population, Bola Ige was always up against it despite incumbency. Both sides rigged!!! Rigging didn't start in 1999!!

Lol!

The number of votes received by Olunloyo in Modákéké alone was more than the total number of votes recorded in Ìbàdàn.

The rigging then was legendary.
Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by rommyth(m): 2:09pm On Aug 10, 2016
Segun abraham is the man,apc is the party
Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by Kdon2: 2:28pm On Aug 10, 2016
The man is just a nightmare for millions of pple! He is an accomplished strategist.
Re: Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition by Kdon2: 2:46pm On Aug 10, 2016
lovat:
Stay on Tinubu mata and stop typng dogo turenci to glorify Jagatheif. Tinubu is being demystifed daily

This Tinubu will continue to be some peeps headache till they die of it o!Even wen the man dies the headache ll still continue! SMH... Go n take panadol pls!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja : Itsekiri And Ijaw Youths Plan 5million-man March Against Each Other!! / 2019: Tambuwal, Wamakko Working Against Buhari –dahiru Yabo, APC Chieftain / "Nigerians Will Shock President Buhari In 2019" - Fayose Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.