Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,866 members, 7,879,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 12:30 AM

How Muslims Pray And What They Say - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Muslims Pray And What They Say (1913 Views)

Muslims Block Highway In Kaduna To Pray, Nigerians React (Photos) / How Muslims Avoid Hell(smh) / The Procedure Of How Muslims Use The Toilet (simply Hilarious) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

How Muslims Pray And What They Say by truthmans2012: 9:25am On Aug 10, 2016
My questions are in red letters.

How Muslims Pray and What They Say

A Call is made from the mosque, indicating that it is time for the obligatory prayer. There are five obligatory prayers in a day. On hearing the Call, people start preparing themselves for the prayer. Appearing below is the transliteration and translation of what a caller to the prayer says.

Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar
[God is the greatest, God is the greatest]

Ashadu an la ilaha ill Allah
[I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but God]
Ashadu an la ilaha ill Allah
[I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but God]
Ashadu anna Muhammadan rasoolullah
[I bear witness that Muhammad is the prophet of God]
Ashadu anna Muhammadan rasoolullah
[I bear witness that Muhammad is the prophet of God]
Hayya'alas salah [Come to prayer,]
Hayya'alas salah [Come to prayer,]
Hayya'alal falah [Come to success,]
Hayya'alal falah [Come to success,]
La ilaha ill Allah
[There is no deity but God.]

Who do Muslims pray to?
Muslims pray to One God without associating any partners with Him. They pray facing the Holy Mosque in the city of Makkah. Facing this mosque is simply for uniformity and homogeneity in the prayers of all Muslims around the world and not as an act of worship to the mosque itself.

What do Muslims say and do?
Muslims stand before their God by making the intention to pray, leaving all other chores and concerns aside.

While standing
While standing, the first chapter of the Quran is recited. This chapter can be translated as follows.

“In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds. Most Gracious, Most Merciful. Master of the Day of Judgment. Thee (alone) we worship and Thee (alone) we ask for help. Show us the straight path. The path of those whom Thou hast favoured; Not the (path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray.” (1:1-1:7)

After the first chapter, any other passage from the Quran is recited. Following is a translation of one such passage.

“Say: He is Allah, the One! Allah is He on Whom all depend. He begetteth not, nor is He begotten. And there is none like unto Him.” (112:1-112:4)

While bowing
Muslims then bow to God and glorify Him. This glorification can be translated as follows.

“Glory be to my Lord, the Almighty.”

While Prostrating
To express complete submission and humility before God, Muslims then prostrate and place their foreheads on ground. According to the prophetic traditions, at this moment of humility, the worshipper is closest to his/her Lord. While prostrating, Muslims glorify God as follows.

“Glory be to my Lord, the most High.”

Other than glorifying God, it is also a moment for Muslims to ask God for His forgiveness, mercy, blessings and bounties. Muslims then sit for a few seconds and prostrate one more time before standing up again.

Depending on the time of the prayer, Muslims repeat this cycle once, twice or thrice in each prayer.

While sitting
In the end (and also in the middle for some prayers) Muslims sit as shown in the figure. At this point they testify before God that there is none worthy of worship but Him and that Muhammad (peace be upon him) is His slave (meaning creation that is subject to it’s Lord’s commands at all times) and His Messenger. Muslims then ask God to send His peace and blessings on His Messenger Muhammad (peace be upon him) as He did on Prophet Abraham (peace be upon him). The translation is as follows.

“All service is for Allah and all acts of worship and good deeds are for Him. Peace and the mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you O Prophet. Peace be upon us and all of Allah’s righteous slaves. I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except Allah and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.
O Allah exalt Muhammad and the followers of Muhammad, just as you exalted Abraham and the followers of Abraham. Verily you are full of praise and majesty. O Allah send blessings on Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, just as you sent blessings on Abraham and upon the followers of Abraham. Verily you are full of praise and majesty.”

At the very end, Muslims turn their face to the right and the left, sending God’s Peace on those surrounding them. This greeting of peace can be translated as follows.

“Peace be upon you and the mercy of Allah”

With this greeting, the obligatory prayer ends.

www.howmuslimspray.com/

The word "greatest" is a superlative word to compare among three or things of the same rank. With who is allaah being compared with and found to be the greatest?

Show us the straight path.

Does this statement not show muslims are yet to find the way to allaah as they are still asking to know the way? Again, does it not mean islam they have been practicing is not capable of showing them the way, hence the repetitions five times a day? Furthermore, doesn't it mean their prayers are not answered and will not be answered like that of the muslims who have died,asking for the way till death?

Prayers

Is islamic prayers out of individual freewill or something dictated to them to be saying or repeating five times a day?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by smoy: 10:50am On Aug 10, 2016
beautiful way of worship, is it not? Alhamdillilah Im a Muslim. now tell us how do Jesus pray also Paul and what is the way christian worship.

for your questions Allah is great. but for human who need comparison even if Allah is not to be compare but He is the greatest among any thing your little brain can imagine of.

Allah alone guard to straight part at any particular part in time and if you relent on your prayer i.e u forget Allah then Allah will also forget you and you will be lost from the straight part and you will find yourself in the wrong part. it call persistence way of asking in order to remain focus and not to derail.

prayer is mandatory for all Muslim as prescribe by by Allah through Prophet Muhammad SAW as a continues way of seeking Allah guardian.

last note, thank for spreading Islam.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by MDsambo: 10:58am On Aug 10, 2016
I'm so blessed to be a Muslim.

Can you pls tell us how Jesus pray and how christians pray like all the dancing and shouting?

5 Likes

Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by truthmans2012: 11:33am On Aug 10, 2016
smoy:
beautiful way of worship, is it not? Alhamdillilah Im a Muslim. now tell us how do Jesus pray also Paul and what is the way christian worship.

for your questions Allah is great. but for human who need comparison even if Allah is not to be compare but He is the greatest among any thing your little brain can imagine of.

Allah alone guard to straight part at any particular part in time and if you relent on your prayer i.e u forget Allah then Allah will also forget you and you will be lost from the straight part and you will find yourself in the wrong part. it call persistence way of asking in order to remain focus and not to derail.

prayer is mandatory for all Muslim as prescribe by by Allah through Prophet Muhammad SAW as a continues way of seeking Allah guardian.

last note, thank for spreading Islam.

You are wrong. They say allaah is the greatest not great. May be you don't know the difference.

So you mean allaah's words are not enough to guide you and you are still asking for the way? Then, what is the need for the quran?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by truthmans2012: 11:37am On Aug 10, 2016
MDsambo:
I'm so blessed to be a Muslim.

Can you pls tell us how Jesus pray and how christians pray like all the dancing and shouting?

You didn't answer my questions and you asking me another.
Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by smoy: 11:49am On Aug 10, 2016
truthmans2012:

You are wrong. They say allaah is the greatest not great. May be you don't know the difference.

So you mean allaah's words are not enough to guide you and you are still asking for the way? Then, what is the need for the quran?
read further in the same sentence for your answer. Again since Jesus has died for your sin why do you still go to church.

my questioned not yet answered.

3 Likes

Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by truthmans2012: 11:59am On Aug 10, 2016
smoy:

read further in the same sentence for your answer. Again since Jesus has died for your sin why do you still go to church.

We go to Church to worship and pray. We don't go to Church to ask for the way. We already know the way: Jesu is the Way the Truth and the Life (John 14:6).

The fact that muslims continue to ask for the way five times a day throughout their lifetime shows they do not know the way. You don't ask for something you already know. The bitter thing is that they will keep asking and will never know like their forefathers who died asking and never knew.. What a pity.

2 Likes

Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by haffaze777(m): 11:59am On Aug 10, 2016
smoy:

Brother pls ignore dat old man,there is no need to reply him because he will soon call u a liar,pls and pls don't reply him anymore

3 Likes

Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by smoy: 12:02pm On Aug 10, 2016
truthmans2012:

We go to Church to worship and pray. We don't go to Church to ask for the way. We already know the way: Jesu is the Way the Truth and the Life (John 14:6).

The fact that muslims continue to ask for the way five times a day throughout their lifetime shows they do not know the way. You don't ask for something you already know. The bitter thing is that they will keep asking and will never know like their forefathers who died asking and never knew.. What a pity.
and how do you do the prayer(worship) in accordance with whom you follow, be it Jesus or Paul
Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by Qasim6(m): 12:02pm On Aug 10, 2016
what a wonderful way to worship ur lord Alhamdulillah thanks for spreading Islam

5 Likes

Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by truthmans2012: 12:03pm On Aug 10, 2016
haffaze777:

Brother pls ignore dat old man,there is no need to reply him because he will soon call u a liar,pls and pls don't reply him anymore

Have I said he is a liar now? You don't expect me to keep silent when it is glaring you are lying. The truth is: islam permits lying, which you term taqqiya and kitman. So, am I wrong to label you liars?

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by truthmans2012: 12:06pm On Aug 10, 2016
Qasim6:
what a wonderful way to worship ur lord
Alhamdulillah
thanks for spreading Islam

You think am spreading islam but my questions show otherwise. Muslims and their self deception
Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by smoy: 12:09pm On Aug 10, 2016
haffaze777:

thanks brother, these are not for him but for any that seek the real one God.
Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by truthmans2012: 12:17pm On Aug 10, 2016
smoy:

and how do you do the prayer(worship) in accordance with whom you follow, be it Jesus or Paul

When enter the Church, we kneel down and pray. We start praise worship, which you term dancing. Then the offering. Followed by the sermon. And again prayer in line with the sermon. We say the Grace and leave. It may not be in that order in all Churches but those are the basic things we all do.

But nobody asks for the way anytime because we already know the way.

Since you don't know the way, you will miss road nau, abi?
Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by smoy: 12:23pm On Aug 10, 2016
truthmans2012:

We enter the Church, we kneel down and pray. We start praise worship, which you term dancing. Then the offering. Followed the sermon. And again prayer in line with the sermon. We say the Grace and leave. It may not be in that order in all Churches but those are the basic things we all do.

But nobody asks for the way anytime because we already know the way.

Since you don't know the way, you will miss road nau, abi?
do you wont me to take you to Sunday- school before you tell me how Jesus worship (NOT PRAYER) in your bible and not dancing and clamping.
Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by abduljabbar4(m): 1:02pm On Aug 10, 2016
truthmans2012:

I honestly wonder why he bothered to reply you. By greatest, it means greater than whatever you might want to imagine. As simple as that.

2 Likes

Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by Medicis(m): 1:05pm On Aug 10, 2016
smoy:
do you wont me to take you to Sunday- school before you tell me how Jesus worship (NOT PRAYER) in your bible and not dancing and clamping.
pls kindly tell us how he worshipped in our Bible, since you know the Bible more than us.
Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by truthmans2012: 1:11pm On Aug 10, 2016
smoy:

What do you mean by 'clamping'?

But if dancing is evil, why do muslims engage in it. There are numerous islamic musicians having dancers. I know you will say "but is not in the mosque". The question is: do you do what allaah does not want outside the mosque? Is your allaah not omnipresent, who cannot see what is happening outside the mosque? Stop deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by smoy: 1:14pm On Aug 10, 2016
Medicis:
pls kindly tell us how he worshipped in our Bible, since you know the Bible more than us.
your last talk shows your intention but for the little i will say for now is that a Christ-like should follow Jesus in totality and no innovation, Jesus never clamp or dance to worship the father that saint him.
Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by abduljabbar4(m): 1:15pm On Aug 10, 2016
truthmans2012:

Please please please stop displaying your ignorance on a public forum. So you mean it is wrong for somebody to ask for guidance on his decision making? Take for example, in an election between pdp and apc. Did your jesus tell you to vote apc or pdp? So you mean it is wrong to ask Allah to guide you on your decision and show you the way?

2 Likes

Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by abduljabbar4(m): 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2016
truthmans2012:

But if dancing is evil, why do muslims engage in it. There are numerous islamic musicians having dancers. I know you will say "but is not in the mosque". The question is: do you do what allaah does not want outside the mosque? Is your allaah not omnipresent, who cannot see what is happening outside the mosque? Stop deceiving yourself.

I wonder how you people reason. You said it yourself, MUSIC. We are talking about dancing, screaming and shouting in the name of prayers. The guy asked you a good question. When did jesus tell you to do so?

Nobody true Muslim dances while reciting a Surah
Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by smoy: 1:20pm On Aug 10, 2016
truthmans2012:

don't derail, but just show us also line by line the way Christ worshiped as you did for for Islam.

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by truthmans2012: 1:26pm On Aug 10, 2016
abduljabbar4:

I honestly wonder why he bothered to reply you. By greatest, it means greater than whatever you might want to imagine. As simple as that.

And you are now replying me, abi?

Now, let me tell you the meaning of allaah is the greatest. Mutaleb, Muhammad's grandfather named his son Abdullai (meaning servant of allaah). Mutaleb was an idolater and that means allaah was his idol, after which he named his son. Allaah was the head of the 360 idols inside Kaaba which belong to Muhammad's family and when Muhammad came, he promoted the idol of his fathers and wanted all other idols eradicated. That is the reason he proclaimed allaah is the greatest among other 359 idols. Allahu Akbr. Allah is indeed the greatest among his rank and having succeeded in eradicating other idols in Mecca.

To confirm this, you would l have discovered that islamic allaah is worshiped the same way idolaters in the pre-islamic era worship their idols. The difference between islam and idolatry is that they now have one-god instead of the many gods of the preislamic period.
Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 10, 2016
truthmans2012:

2 Likes

Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by truthmans2012: 1:30pm On Aug 10, 2016
Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by truthmans2012: 1:31pm On Aug 10, 2016
[quote author=AmenRa1 post=48360188][/quote]

But what if their motive is not to be seen by men?

When you are inside a Church, it is only the fellow worshipers that will see themselves except people peep into it.
Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by Medicis(m): 1:37pm On Aug 10, 2016
smoy:
your last talk shows your intention but for the little i will say for now is that a Christ-like should follow Jesus in totality and no innovation, Jesus never clamp or dance to worship the father that saint him.
Thank you for accepting that the father sent Jesus. And secondly, pls kindly show us a place in the Bible where Jesus commands us not to clap and dance for God since you were around when Jesus was alive?
Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by abduljabbar4(m): 1:38pm On Aug 10, 2016
truthmans2012:

[s]And you are now replying me, abi?

Now, let me tell you the meaning of allaah is the greatest. Mutaleb, Muhammad's grandfather named his son Abdullai (meaning servant of allaah). Mutaleb was an idolater and that means allaah was his idol, after which he named his son. Allaah was the head of the 360 idols inside Kaaba which belong to Muhammad's family and when Muhammad came, he promoted the idol of his fathers and wanted all other idols eradicated. That is the reason he proclaimed allaah is the greatest among other 359 idols. Allahu Akbr. Allah is indeed the greatest among his rank and having succeeded in eradicating other idols in Mecca.

To confirm this, you would l have discovered that islamic allaah is worshiped the same way idolaters in the pre-islamic era worship their idols. The difference between islam and idolatry is that they now have one-god instead of the many gods of the preislamic period.[/s]

Mtcheew. I initially thought you wanted to debate like a serious person. What a waste of time and energy

2 Likes

Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 10, 2016
truthmans2012:

When you are inside a Church, it is only the fellow worshipers that will see you except you peep into it.

Mat 6:2 Therefore when thou doest [thine] alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Mat 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Mat 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

we all know how Christians love to use their speaker to disturbs people on Sunday!! Note a church is not were U pray or worship God a church is only Ment for preaching the word of God period!! If U wanna worship God do it in ya house!! Now go n quote Paul that contradicted Jesus lemme see
Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by abduljabbar4(m): 1:44pm On Aug 10, 2016
truthmans2012:

When you are inside a Church, it is only the fellow worshipers that will see themselves except people peep into it.

Be honest with yourself, can you watch a curvy woman dancing and vibrating without having that evil thought? You may have self-control(like me grin) but what about others? Let me look for an example. I now understand why we have cases of pastors molesting their members. #nodisrespect

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 10, 2016
And they claim to be Christ like hypocrite were are they anas01 n winner01

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Pray And What They Say by abduljabbar4(m): 1:47pm On Aug 10, 2016
Medicis:
Thank you for accepting that the father sent Jesus. And secondly, pls kindly show us a place in the Bible where Jesus commands us not to clap and dance for God since you were around when Jesus was alive?

He was being sarcastic mr man.

And secondly, he asked you first. Show him where jesus commanded you to dance in the church. If jesus didn't say anything about it, it means that the pastor that brought this idea knows more than jesus himself

(1) (2)

Revive A Sunnah! Being Closer To The Best Of Mankind. / My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend / Virtue Of Guiding People To Goodness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.