Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,151 members, 7,890,886 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:06 PM

Edo Guber: See the Pertinent Questions that should be asked Before Voting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Guber: See the Pertinent Questions that should be asked Before Voting (468 Views)

Anambra Guber: See Who Prophets Say Shall Win / Anambra Guber; See Who New Opinion Polls, Monarch Favour / PDP May Not Participate In Edo Guber Elections, INEC Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Edo Guber: See the Pertinent Questions that should be asked Before Voting by IMASTEX: 11:48pm On Aug 10, 2016
This is a wakeup call to my great people (electorate) of Edo State as the gubernatorial election day draws nearer, about the need to clearly define why a particular gubernatorial candidate should be voted for. This article is centred on how to make that pertinent decision of choice among the contestants. This is because of the usual deceive full strategy used by most Nigeria politicians to sway gullible electorates to sacrificing their vote for them. To this effect, the candidates are use to promising the electorate heaven and earth.

We are using the campaign promises of the two major contenders in Edo State gubernatorial election as a case study.

The APC gubernatorial candidate, Godwin Obaseki, says he will create 200,000 jobs if voted as governor of my dear state, Edo.

He is brandishing job figures like pure water but he is not telling us how and when he hopes to accomplish it. Even Adams Oshiomole's 8 years as governor could not boast of creating 5,000 jobs talk less of 200,000 jobs.

And Godwin Obaseki hopes to make that possible at a time when most governors can not pay their workers salaries. Even when some state government are thinking of retrenchment? Haba!

Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu is the PDP gubernatorial candidate in Edo State. He equally promise to reduce the unemployment rate in the state among others campaign promises. See the screen shop for his speech below. You can also click here for details: Ize-iyamu: https://www.today.ng/politics/150619/ize-iyamu-promises-revive-dead-industries-edo

Both have spoken well, at least they have spoken in tone with the tenets of democracy and the basic needs for the citizens. Nevertheless, as good as the promises may sound, We (the electorate) need to look beyond this sweet story and promise of hope to critically analysis issues to ask the basic fundamental questions which is often neglected by many electorates. Which are the HOW and WHEN?

My opinion is that, any gubernatorial candidate in Edo State that can't convince you about the how and when whatever he/she is promising is going to be realised shouldn't be voted for regardless of party affiliation.
My Edo people need to be asking these politicians the right questions. A campaign promise without the how and the when of making it happen is a promise unkept.

Enough of blind followership. Shine your eyes!!!
Don't sacrifice your future and that of your children for less than 10,000 bribe.

Cc
Mynd44, Seun, lalasticlala, I believe you will agree with me that the future of a great nation begins with the choice of her leadership.

(1) (Reply)

We May Start Paying Tax On Kerosene, Petrol, Diesel & Gas Soon -globaltake News / Governors Demand Hydropower Producing Areas Commission / APC Planning To Rig Edo Gubernatorial Election - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.