Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,214 members, 7,853,142 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:45 AM

Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution (1636 Views)

Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? / Laughter - The Best Response To Theists / Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 11, 2016
Most theists are often quick to disprove the theory of evolution and neo-darwinism on the basis that it's a scam and that it doesn't make any sense of how humans and other animals came to exist as we are now. It's also funny to note that a lot of theists who tow this line of thought, if not all, don't even have a basic knowledge of how evolution works. They don't care about reading books on the subject, and they don't even bother exploring the overwhelming body of evidence supporting it.

Now this is my question to these christians and muslims who see the theory of evolution as nonsense. Since years of scientific research, experiments and hundreds or books and articles written to prove the factuality of evolution is wrong, while your divinely inspired holy book is right, please tell me, what does your Bible or Quran have to say about the origin of the various races we have today, along with their physical diversity? Because according to the bible, God created two caucasians, and put them in a garden. How did other races originate from these two people?

Also, how did the millions of species of animals we have today originate from the little few that entered Noah's ark? And how did the millions of species of plants we have today originate from the little few that were left behind after the world was supposedly destroyed by the flood?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by wordbank(m): 9:24am On Aug 11, 2016
Ask urself how come we've albinos
Genes abi?

1 Like

Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 11, 2016
Change the topic name to Theists who don't accept evolution

Evolution is not a small insecure God that it should require "belief". Truth in its very nature does not require belief.
Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 11, 2016
As joshuabase said, science doesn't make statements for people to believe. We create laws based on our understanding of things, after rigorously testing repeatability time after time and coming to conclusions. Untested theories are hypotheses. Hypotheses don't require belief either, everyone is free to speculate and choose whatever option they think will be the outcome (based on logical reasoning) pending the time the experiment is carried out. I'm tired of grappling with these people on evolution and creation, its enough to know that if their fairytale book didn't exist, they'd gladly accept evolution. If their fairytale book had said that Satan lives in the middle of the earth and is the one attracting us, instead of gravity, I'm sure they wouldn't 'believe' in gravity either.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by malvisguy212: 9:56am On Aug 11, 2016
@op, the bible did not give more detail on other race ( the bible is not a history book) but like it or not Genesis 10 is historically understood to be the case.

Japheth moved east and became the father of the Asian peoples

The sons of Japheth; Gomer,
and Magog, and Madai, and
Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech,
and Tiras. ...

Shem moved west and became the father of the White European peoples

Unto Shem also, the father of
all the children of Eber, the
brother of Japheth the elder,
even to him were children born.
The children of Shem; Elam,
and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and
Lud, and Aram. ...

Ham moved South and became the father of the African peoples.

And the sons of Ham; Cush, and
Mizraim, and Phut, and
Canaan. ... And the sons of
Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and
Sabtah, and Raamah, and
Sabtechah: and the sons of
Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan.

The bible did not talk about race, the bible only address human as one race because, its purpose is how the human race can have a personal relationship with God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by Seun(m): 10:00am On Aug 11, 2016
Good question. They'll probably respond by invoking the concepts of "micro-" and "macro-evolution". I've taken the liberty of fixing the title.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 11, 2016
malvisguy212:
@op, the bible did not give more detail on other race ( the bible is not a history book) but like it or not Genesis 10 is historically understood to be the case.

Japheth moved east and became the father of the Asian peoples

The sons of Japheth; Gomer,
and Magog, and Madai, and
Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech,
and Tiras. ...

Shem moved west and became the father of the White European peoples

Unto Shem also, the father of
all the children of Eber, the
brother of Japheth the elder,
even to him were children born.
The children of Shem; Elam,
and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and
Lud, and Aram. ...

Ham moved South and became the father of the African peoples.

And the sons of Ham; Cush, and
Mizraim, and Phut, and
Canaan. ... And the sons of
Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and
Sabtah, and Raamah, and
Sabtechah: and the sons of
Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan.

The bible did not talk about race, the bible only address human as one race because, its purpose is how the human race can have a personal relationship with God.
Never has it been recorded that a Caucasian couple gave birth to a Mongoloid/Negro baby.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 11, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

Also, how did the millions of species of plants and animals we have today originate from the little few that entered Noah's ark?
Lol, you should've asked about the 30 million insect species grin

4 Likes

Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by malvisguy212: 10:19am On Aug 11, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Never has it been recorded that a Caucasian couple gave birth to a Mongoloid/Negro baby.
you may want to take a look at this http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/black-genes-white-skin-black-couple-makes-a-white-baby-oguejiofo-annu/
Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 11, 2016
malvisguy212:
you may want to take a look at this http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/black-genes-white-skin-black-couple-makes-a-white-baby-oguejiofo-annu/

It's no big deal. It takes just three generation to change complete negroes to complete Caucasians. Pale genes skipping generations before cropping up again could have explained the baby’s appearance. The probability that this happens is very low, but they happened to hit the jackpot. They can't even be 100% certain of their family history. They live in the UK, their ancestors are from Nigeria. Its highly likely that one of their distant relatives got f*cked by their slave masters. So again, no surprise. Its only remarkable because the probability is verrrry low for that to happen. What you here are saying, is that direct descendants from the first man on earth happened to be Negroes and Caucasians.
The Caucasian race is an interaction between humans (originating from Africa) and Neanderthals. . . Then, during the ice age period, their bodies evolved with features such as thin lips, etc to make the cold weather more bearable for them.

1 Like

Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 11, 2016
GrizzlyBear:
And how did the millions of species of plants we have today originate from the little few that were left behind after the world was supposedly destroyed by the flood?
if the flood really happened, then there should be no plants today. They would've all died out due to either being buried for 40 days under extreme pressure or killed off by the salinity of the water.

3 Likes

Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by malvisguy212: 10:43am On Aug 11, 2016
AnonyNymous:

It's no big deal. It takes just three generation to change complete negroes to complete Caucasians. Pale genes skipping generations before cropping up again could have explained the baby’s appearance. The probability that this happens is very low, but they happened to hit the jackpot. They can't even be 100% certain of their family history. They live in the UK, their ancestors are from Nigeria. Its highly likely that one of their distant relatives got f*cked by their slave masters. So again, no surprise. Its only remarkable because the probability is verrrry low for that to happen. What you here are saying, is that direct descendants from the first man on earth happened to be Negroes and Caucasians.
The Caucasian race is an interaction between humans (originating from Africa) and Neanderthals. . . Then, during the ice age period, their bodies evolved with features such as thin lips, etc to make the cold weather more bearable for them.
I know you will come up with excuses, however, this is your opinion until you prove it.
Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 11, 2016
malvisguy212:
I know you will come up with excuses, however, this is your opinion until you prove it.
You call them excuses but they are reasonable explanations for the occurrence, while you just think 'Its magic! God did it!'
Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by Scholar8200(m): 10:51am On Aug 11, 2016
AnonyNymous:

sire, can you prove that Adam and Eve were Caucasians?
Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 11, 2016
Scholar8200:
sire, can you prove that Adam and Eve were Caucasians?
They were supposedly created at where we now refer to as Mesopmotamia, which is in Iraq/Turkey, closer to Europe. So it has been assumed in the majority of Christian artist depictions that they were Caucasians. I cannot explicitly state whatever race they supposedly were, but the fact remains that one race cannot magically give birth to another. YEARS of evolution based on environmental conditions are what caused the races of today

1 Like

Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by Scholar8200(m): 10:59am On Aug 11, 2016
Besides, the variation at those times tells you God was still at work! For example, do you realise that Cush, son of Ham, Noah's son must have been black hence that name? Genesis 10:6

How about Esau/Edom? He was so called because he was red, not white?:

23 And the Lord said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and [size=16pt]two manner of people[/size] shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

24 And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb.

25 And the first came out red, all over like an hairy garment; and they called his name Esau
Genesis 25:23-25

No wonder milleniums later, Paul said:

And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth
Acts 17:26a

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by Scholar8200(m): 11:00am On Aug 11, 2016
AnonyNymous:

They were supposedly created at where we now refer to as Mesopmotamia, which is in Iraq/Turkey, closer to Europe. So it has been assumed in the majority of Christian artist depictions that they were Caucasians. I cannot explicitly state whatever race they supposedly were, but the fact remains that one race cannot magically give birth to another. YEARS of evolution based on environmental conditions are what caused the races of today
But Cush and Edom disproves this?
Magic? no. Creator at work? Yes!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by malvisguy212: 11:43am On Aug 11, 2016
AnonyNymous:

You call them excuses but they are reasonable explanations for the occurrence, while you just think 'Its magic! God did it!'
and you ? Material came out from immaterial, no prove, science did it!! Smh

1 Like

Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by hopefuLandlord: 12:29pm On Aug 11, 2016
Good questions grin
Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 11, 2016
malvisguy212:
and you ? Material came out from immaterial, no prove, science did it!! Smh
Don't ridicule yourself. I have never made such claims. Stop this strawman argument and face the discussion

3 Likes

Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 11, 2016
.... I guess the problem with them rejecting evolution is not because they don't understand the basic. No, they do. It's not because they think it outlandish. No

It's because the theory of evolution was propounded by a deist and has had many irreligious people defend it and further establish it.

The big bang Theory can be said to be atheistic; but once they discovered it was theorized by a Catholic priest (who is not christian; if we're to follow some protestant sites); the outcry aginst it is very low.

Also, humans are very emotional creatures. You mean to tell me I came from Monkeys?? Hell No. It's even further compounded by the racism factor and the calling of black people monkeys.

It's not really logical; it's a very emotional rejection.

2 Likes

Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 11, 2016
Scholar8200:
But Cush and Edom disproves this?
Magic? no. Creator at work? Yes!
What then; will you have to say; about the yoruba belief that Olodumare moulded everybody. And when the furnace was hot, they were dark. When it was cool, they were light.

Bear in mind, this "theory" had been in play thousands of years before they met Europeans. Will you call it false

1 Like

Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by Scholar8200(m): 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2016
SirWere:
What then; will you have to say; about the yoruba belief that Olodumare moulded everybody. And when the furnace was hot, they were dark. When it was cool, they were light.

Bear in mind, this "theory" had been in play thousands of years before they met Europeans. Will you call it false
This is a myth. How come people could be made from cold furnace? Why not make all men therefrom? Besides, is there any discovery that links fire/burns with melanin?
Besides, elements glow when they are hot and perhaps darken when they cool down, how does this fit in that theory?

The one I quoted is a history of actual people who had descendants which can be verified:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edom
Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 11, 2016
GrizzlyBear:
Most theists are often quick to disprove the theory of evolution and neo-darwinism on the basis that it's a scam and that it doesn't make any sense of how humans and other animals came to exist as we are now. It's also funny to note that a lot of theists who tow this line of thought, if not all, don't even have a basic knowledge of how evolution works. They don't care about reading books on the subject, and they don't even bother exploring the overwhelming body of evidence supporting it.

Now this is my question to these christians and muslims who see the theory of evolution as nonsense. Since years of scientific research, experiments and hundreds or books and articles written to prove the factuality of evolution is wrong, while your divinely inspired holy book is right, please tell me, what does your Bible or Quran have to say about the origin of the various races we have today, along with their physical diversity? Because according to the bible, God created two caucasians, and put them in a garden. How did other races originate from these two people?

Also, how did the millions of species of animals we have today originate from the little few that entered Noah's ark? And how did the millions of species of plants we have today originate from the little few that w[b]ere left behind after the world was supposedly destroyed by the flood?[/b]
What a stupid question, now read below.
The writer of the Bible did not/could not go all out naming all Animal creatures but uses collective/family names to comunicate with us. It's says "of it's kinds"
Why have n't u ask why some people are black and some are white too? You expect the Bible writer to start naming all the Animals one after another? Smh. If u believe in evolution, you are simply saying that you and Seun will in fulture turns to goat or any other thing.
Genesis 1:24. And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. [25] And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. [26] And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Genesis 7:2. Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female. [3] Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.
Mind you, our God is the same yesterday and today and forever(Hebrew 13:cool he is still in the business of creation, creating new things, eg: womb for a woman without womb etc.
Cc: Seun.
Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by mcemmy0z: 6:41pm On Aug 11, 2016
I will answer your question about how race came to be, If you want me to.
Am not a Muslim neither Christian, and I still don't believe in that bullshitt of evolution.
I will ask you, what prove did you yourself have about evolution. Convince me is real aside from all the lies around about scientist discovery.

What stop evolution from taking place again, ain't we suppose to be growing wings now, or at least have two heads each.
Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 11, 2016
Scholar8200:
This is a myth. How come people could be made from cold furnace? Why not make all men therefrom? Besides, is there any discovery that links fire/burns with melanin?

Ahh, so sire, the theory that man was moulded from mud is less........mythical sire? And yes, melanin is the body's response to the sun; a literal glowing ball of fire.

Besides, elements glow when they are hot and perhaps darken when they cool down, how does this fit in that theory?

The theory says that Olodumare used Clay. Clay does not change colour even in the kiln (furnace)

I fail to understand how this comment of yours has any relation to what I just said. The one I quoted is a history of actual people who had descendants which can be verified:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edom

My point, sire is that everyone can claim to have competing theories on the origin of Man and each will have their own way of explaining anomalies.

The most sensible thing to do then, you would agree, is to pick each one and scrutinize it without sentiment. To literally attack the doctrine and see if it withstands the test. To place it in a crucible and see if it stands or shatters, hmm??

The Genesis creation story has been called, by kind words, a figurative description; by hard words, a myth and mere fable. Rare is the person that will try to explain this facts without running into headlong perplexites. It has gotten to the level that different people even have different ideologies about it.

Young earth Creationism
Old earth Creationism
Progressive creationism

errr........ Those were the three I could think of.

The more "logical" ( I put logical in quote because it seems to me, that Nairalanders use this words without understanding its meaning) of Christians try to balance up their faith and the fact through Theistic Evolution. There you will find a lot, a whole lot of mordern christian Scientists and brilliant ones as well.

What am I trying to say? Evolution is the generally accepted consensus. Creationism has been examined; and has fallen flat on its ass.

2 Likes

Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 11, 2016
mcemmy0z:
Am not a Muslim neither Christian, and I still don't believe in that bullshitt of evolution.
I will ask you, what prove did you yourself have about evolution. Convince me is real aside from all the lies around about scientist discovery.

What stop evolution from taking place again, ain't we suppose to be growing wings now, or at least have two heads each.
I really wanted to respond with a scathing remark to this but then I realize that all it would do is ensure that this thread falls into chaos to another tantrum battle with each of us denigrating to insults and not really saying anything.

So, I'll ask you sire, to go to the UC Berkely page on evolution and download their materials. You can also read the textbooks and materials quoted there.

If you're not satisfied; you can doctor a thesis yourself and continually petition them until they read it. Hey, you can win a Nobel and we can finally celebrate the first African to win a Nobel for science.

If not, err...... Your arguments will be regarded as best as the words of a confused being; at worst the ranting of an insane re.tard.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by mcemmy0z: 8:45pm On Aug 11, 2016
SirWere:
I really wanted to respond with a scathing remark to this but then I realize that all it would do is ensure that this thread falls into chaos to another tantrum battle with each of us denigrating to insults and not really saying anything.

So, I'll ask you sire, to go to the UC Berkely page on evolution and download their materials. You can also read the textbooks and materials quoted there.

If you're not satisfied; you can doctor a thesis yourself and continually petition them until they read it. Hey, you can win a Nobel and we can finally celebrate the first African to win a Nobel for science.

If not, err...... Your arguments will be regarded as best as the words of a confused being; at worst the ranting of an insane re.tard.

When you start growing wings let me know.
I asked you what's your own prove, you referring me to a site, who is more confused now?
Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by DeSepiero(m): 2:51am On Aug 12, 2016
mcemmy0z:

Ignorance personified!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by mcemmy0z: 8:11am On Aug 12, 2016
DeSepiero:

Ignorance personified!!
Is not a matter of ignorance, I would have love to believe in the evolution stuff, but ye people lack prove.
I would rather support the religious point of view about the beginning of human race, cause it still have a little truth, rather supporting evolution.
Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by Scholar8200(m): 8:17am On Aug 12, 2016
SirWere:

Ahh, so sire, the theory that man was moulded from mud is less........mythical sire? And yes, melanin is the body's response to the sun; a literal glowing ball of fire.
Sounds ridiculous! Why then are the whites and arabs not giving this response? Do you therefore mean that the furnace they refer to is the sun? Did they say that?? If so, when did the sun cool to allow the whites to be made??

The theory says that Olodumare used Clay. Clay does not change colour even in the kiln (furnace)
Then ask them why the black and white variation?

My point, sire is that everyone can claim to have competing theories on the origin of Man and each will have their own way of explaining anomalies.
We are here talking of the races and the account I quoted is a verifiable history, I believe that settles it. If black and white came from a hot/cold furnace, where do the children get theirs from?

The most sensible thing to do then, you would agree, is to pick each one and scrutinize it without sentiment. To literally attack the doctrine and see if it withstands the test. To place it in a crucible and see if it stands or shatters, hmm??

The Genesis creation story has been called, by kind words, a figurative description; by hard words, a myth and mere fable. Rare is the person that will try to explain this facts without running into headlong perplexites. It has gotten to the level that different people even have different ideologies about it.

Young earth Creationism
Old earth Creationism
Progressive creationism

errr........ Those were the three I could think of.

The more "logical" ( I put logical in quote because it seems to me, that Nairalanders use this words without understanding its meaning) of Christians try to balance up their faith and the fact through Theistic Evolution. There you will find a lot, a whole lot of mordern christian Scientists and brilliant ones as well.

What am I trying to say? Evolution is the generally accepted consensus. Creationism has been examined; and has fallen flat on its ass.
so you think.
Re: Questions To Theists Who Reject Evolution by DeSepiero(m): 8:20am On Aug 12, 2016
mcemmy0z:

Is not a matter of ignorance, I would have love to believe in the evolution stuff, but ye people lack prove.
I would rather support the religious point of view about the beginning of human race, cause it still have a little truth, rather supporting evolution.

Would a student make sense of the proof of Pythagoras theorem when such doesn't know or basically understand Pythagoras theorem?

How would you understand the proof when you don't understand the concept?

See the logic!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Promoting Inter-religious Peace And Brotherhood Via Religious Quotes And Images / Am Looking For What To Die For.. Hence There's Nothing To Live For / Kidnapper Angry With Pastor David Ibiyeomie, Gets Stuck To Church’s Wristband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.