Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,092 members, 7,880,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:49 PM

My Experience With Policeman Today - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience With Policeman Today (1664 Views)

Any Policeman Checking Vehicle Particulars Is On Illegal Duty – AIG / Policeman In Ojota Assists With A Vehicle Causing Traffic - Photos / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Policeman Today by Moranc(m): 9:45pm On Aug 11, 2016
Good evening nairalanders...I decided to visit a friend, so on my way I was stop by a police officer...he ask for my vehicle particulars which I give to him...the next thing he will ask is that why did I change my car colour from white to black and I told him due to the bad roads in where I stay he now ask where is the police report that I use to change my car colour that's how it started not until I bribe with 2000 b4 he let me go...please is there permit to change car colour now b4 for over 3years that have been driving no police have ever ask me such thing please am confuse

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Policeman Today by bravolad(m): 9:54pm On Aug 11, 2016
Moranc:
Good evening nairalanders...I decided to visit a friend, so on my way I was stop by a police officer...he ask for my vehicle particulars which I give to him...the next thing he will ask is that why did I change my car colour from white to black and I told him due to the bad roads in where I stay he now ask where is the police report that I use to change my car colour that's how it started not until I bribe with 2000 b4 he let me go...please is there permit to change car colour now b4 for over 3years that have been driving no police have ever ask me such thing please am confuse

You were just an easy prey, he fed on your ignorance. You need no police report to change car colour. If it were the engine you changed, a police report would be needed. Next time, stand your ground & don't easily give in to intimidation.

Move on & learn from it.
Re: My Experience With Policeman Today by ojun50(m): 9:57pm On Aug 11, 2016
Shooooooo u jst fall for black witch them eya doooh
Re: My Experience With Policeman Today by Untainted007: 10:18pm On Aug 11, 2016
It shows you are very soft or you really don't know your right. Nigeria police are not always happy when you know your right. I had similar experiences with some policemen on different occasions when they checked my car particulars, after checking, they will now request for road worthiness. And my car was produced in 2013 which I bought brand new then. My first question to them is "What year is the car made" when they tell me, then I asked them again, is it not until 5years after production year before I can apply for road worthiness? They have always been apologising after this. Try to be bold next time and ensure you dont admit to their silly facts. They will always want to find a fault so u can part away with something. Don't be intimidated with their ''You may have to follow us to the station''.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Policeman Today by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:19pm On Aug 11, 2016
Did chassis number change? Did engine number change? A police man once told me, "the problem with Nigerians is that they are always in a hurry, they don't have time to follow a matter to a logical conclusion"

Nigerian stop rushing, do not be in a hurry to part with your hard earned money.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Policeman Today by utenwuson: 10:40pm On Aug 11, 2016
by giving him 2k u re corrupt!!! what will he do to u? he just use ur mind n hrtbeat! u should have just laugh n say let him take u 2 d station! wait so ifu encounter same tin in another check point u ll oblige n keep bribing?
Re: My Experience With Policeman Today by Moranc(m): 10:53pm On Aug 11, 2016
You are all right was actually in haste so I don't want him to delay...but next time such won't happen
Re: My Experience With Policeman Today by abes(m): 7:26am On Aug 12, 2016
You really don't need a permit to change the colour of your vehicle, but you need to swear an affidavit in a court of law. Always have the affidavit with you until you change the colour on license when next you renew your car documents....

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Policeman Today by mayor2013: 8:28am On Aug 12, 2016
You need to swear an affidavit to this that your car colour was changed from A to B. We know them well. Still same old tactics used every now and then right from when the NPF was commissioned grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Policeman Today by Kashif(m): 8:33am On Aug 12, 2016
Re: My Experience With Policeman Today by Moranc(m): 12:13pm On Aug 12, 2016
Re: My Experience With Policeman Today by OCTAVO: 12:28pm On Aug 12, 2016
You need a permit for changing car colour o. I once heard it on Radio.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Uber Driver Accused Of Attempted Robbery - Victim Cries Out / How Much Is The Frsc Speed Limiting Device? / Top 10 Cars For Single Guys To Attract Women In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.