Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,909 members, 7,872,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:05 AM

Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals (9773 Views)

Athletes Don’t Need Too Much Preparation To Win Medals – Dalung / #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! / Nwakali And Chukwueze Flaunt Their FIFAU17 Medals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by davimus(m): 7:13am On Aug 12, 2016
Valuables of the Dream Team VI’s assistant tactician was stolen while on national assignment at the Rio Olympics Nigeria U23 assistant coach Monday Odigie has disclosed that his house was burgled by thieves with treasures taken away.

Odigie who is on national assignment with the Dream Team VI at the Rio Olympics said the incident took place before the team’s opening game against Japan, but insists that would not weigh him down as he eyes success in Brazil.

“Armed Robbers went to burgle my house in Owanoba community kilometer 15 Benin/Sapele road and made away with plenty of my belongings, all my World Cups and Olympic medals, certificates and other valuables,” Odigie told Goal.

"My house was bugled the day we played our first game against Japan on August 4th, 2016 to be precise.

“I have been trying to get over this while also trying to concentrate on the job here at the Olympics.

“It is very sad and discouraging to realise that while one is working out his heart out for his country in Brazil, one’s house is being robbed back home.

“I leave everything to God to judge everyone according to his deeds. This won’t deter me because I am focused and I am happy that members of the team are also focused to achieve something here.

“I didn’t want any distraction for the team that’s the reason why I kept the incident within me and members of the technical crew led before letting you know now.”

It would be recalled that coach Samson Siasia also face a similar ordeal when his car was robbed in front of team’s hotel in Atlanta, United States of America.

Nigeria must negotiate their way past Denmark on Saturday to reach the semifinal of the 2016 Olympic Games.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/17742/olympics/2016/08/11/26427352/burglars-steal-from-coach-monday-odigies-apartment?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fm%3Fq%3Ddidn%25E2%2580%2599t%2Bwant%2Bany%2Bdistraction%2Bfor%2Bthe%2Bteam%2Bthat%25E2%2580%2599s%2Bthe%2Breason%2Bwhy%2BI%2Bkept%2Bthe%2Bincident%2Bwithin%2Bme%2Band%2Bmembers%2Bof%2Bthe%2Btechnical%2Bcre

Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by RichYoungNigga: 9:34am On Aug 12, 2016
Buhari why

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by veekid(m): 9:34am On Aug 12, 2016
shocked
Thief no see life come

1 Like

Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by freemanbubble: 9:34am On Aug 12, 2016
hahaha. my state. criminality and cultism in Benin are like bread and butter. most boys in edo state don't like to make hard money by huzzling. ninety percent of guyz here are all cultist. after mexico and south american countries like colombia and brazil then Benin city is the next when it comes to cultism and gangstars
is either you see them in libya on their way to europe or they are in Ghana running yahoo. na so them go soft dey make soft money. no house for Benin when nor get one or two person for abroad. anyway, the thing dey bring development dey come Benin sha. because of some kind badt hotel and houses when them dey build.

1 Like

Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 12, 2016
cool
Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by phemmyblaq007(m): 9:34am On Aug 12, 2016
TGIF

(^_^)

1 Like

Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by mrsugbebove: 9:34am On Aug 12, 2016
Seriously
Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by utuk: 9:35am On Aug 12, 2016
FTC
Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by DirtyGold: 9:35am On Aug 12, 2016
No chill anywhere these days.

What's tha business?

1 Like

Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by soccerdrum(m): 9:35am On Aug 12, 2016
The so-called develop nations will never want to agree to fact that INSECURITY is everywhere. If to say nna 9ja dat kind tin happened, CNN nd BBC for don deh cap careless. It's quite unfortunate.
Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by MadCow1: 9:35am On Aug 12, 2016
As soon as I saw "Benin"... angry angry angry angry angry

I knew it was them.. angry Ndi UNIBEN.. angry

4 Likes

Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:35am On Aug 12, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked shock....
Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by Gcoe: 9:36am On Aug 12, 2016
mrsugbebove:
Seriously
Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 12, 2016
End time thieves.
Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by Dilijingsly(m): 9:38am On Aug 12, 2016
– APC leaders in Ondo state deny reports that national leader, Bola Ahmed Tinubu is planning to impose a candidate on the party ahead of the August 27 primary election – The party leaders say there is no room for the imposition of any candidate at the forthcoming primary – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, APC guber aspirant, claims Tinubu summoned all the party’s leaders to Lagos, where he directed them to ensure that Dr. Segun Abraham emerges as the party’s candidate Chairmen of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 18 local government areas of Ondo state have dismissed claims that the national leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, ordered them to support his ‘anointed’ governorship aspirant, Dr Segun Abraham, ahead of the party’s August 27 primary election. The reaction of the APC local government chairmen comes on the heels of an allegation by one of the governorship aspirants of the party, Dr. Tunji Abayomi, who claimed that Tinubu summoned all the party’s leaders, including the chairmen of the party at the local government level to Lagos, where he directed them to ensure that Dr. Segun Abraham emerges as the candidate of the party at the primary
Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by sabi99(m): 9:39am On Aug 12, 2016
Kingdom of the winds @work......
Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by agbonkamen(f): 9:39am On Aug 12, 2016
MadCow1:
As soon as I saw "Benin"... angry angry angry angry angry

I knew it was them.. angry Ndi UNIBEN.. angry
what is this one saying

1 Like

Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by prinsam30: 9:39am On Aug 12, 2016
them wan distract this Dream Team by all means but God pass

#BringBackOurGold
Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by efilefun(m): 9:39am On Aug 12, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
Buhari why
Try borrow small brain

8 Likes

Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by soccerdrum(m): 9:40am On Aug 12, 2016
Dilijingsly:
– APC leaders in Ondo state deny
reports that national leader, Bola
Ahmed Tinubu is planning to impose
a candidate on the party ahead of
the August 27 primary election
– The party leaders say there is no
room for the imposition of any
candidate at the forthcoming
primary
– Dr. Tunji Abayomi, APC guber
aspirant, claims Tinubu summoned
all the party’s leaders to Lagos,
where he directed them to ensure
that Dr. Segun Abraham emerges as
the party’s candidate
Chairmen of the All Progressives
Congress (APC) in the 18 local
government areas of Ondo state
have dismissed claims that the
national leader of the All
Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola
Tinubu, ordered them to support his
‘anointed’ governorship aspirant, Dr
Segun Abraham, ahead of the
party’s August 27 primary election.
The reaction of the APC local
government chairmen comes on the
heels of an allegation by one of the
governorship aspirants of the party,
Dr. Tunji Abayomi, who claimed that
Tinubu summoned all the party’s
leaders, including the chairmen of
the party at the local government
level to Lagos, where he directed
them to ensure that Dr. Segun
Abraham emerges as the candidate
of the party at the primary
And how does this your useless comment relate to this post? sad

1 Like

Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by VIPERVENOM(m): 9:41am On Aug 12, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
Buhari why

3 Likes

Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by hausatiff: 9:41am On Aug 12, 2016
hmmm
Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by nnachukz(m): 9:43am On Aug 12, 2016
soccerdrum:
The so-called develop nations will never want to agree to fact that INSECURITY is everywhere. If to say nna 9ja dat kind tin happened, CNN nd BBC for don deh cap careless. It's quite unfortunate.
I hope you read through to understand where this happened before commenting?

3 Likes

Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by WiseFool2(m): 9:46am On Aug 12, 2016
soccerdrum:
Bros, make una try dey read posts before una dey comment na. It happened at his house in Owanoba, Benin city, edo state, Nigeria. Not in Brazil.

1 Like

Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by sparkleboy(m): 9:47am On Aug 12, 2016
Nigeria
people keep shouting Government!
The truth is that The kind of government we have is a reflection of our society.
If the government fails to pay this man now that useless thief too would be shouting "Buhari is useless"
SMH sad

1 Like

Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by davimus(m): 9:55am On Aug 12, 2016
Finally made FP
Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by TrollTrap: 10:02am On Aug 12, 2016
soccerdrum:
Brazil? Developed? Looool
Baba, it happened in naija Abeg not brazil
Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by Mcweber(m): 10:03am On Aug 12, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
Buhari why
how can you be this f**lish??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by joearinze(m): 10:05am On Aug 12, 2016
Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by PencilBox: 10:16am On Aug 12, 2016
nnachukz:
I hope you read through to understand where this happened before commenting?

I shock for the guy when I read his comment
Re: Burglars Steal Monday Odigie’s Certificates, Olympic Medals by okikiosibodu(m): 11:13am On Aug 12, 2016
[quote author=VIPERVENOM post=48411640][/quote]
I so much love the way we Nigeria think, very different from the rest of the world

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive / Manu Garba Throws In The Towel : Hints At Flying Eagles Exit / Benin's Striker, Jodel Dossou: We Have The "Weapons" To Beat Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.