Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,680 members, 7,948,550 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 01:24 AM

What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? (26871 Views)

Hardest Course(s) You Did In School As An Undergraduate. / How To Enjoy The Course You Hate. / Why You May End Up Not Practising The Course You Studied In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by skedy1(m): 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2016
Microbial physiology and metabolism...
This one bad gon!
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by lanrex101: 12:30pm On Aug 22, 2016
badttrader:

Really??!

I loved Engineering Thermodynamics. My nightmares were Engineering Analysis1 and Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics.
Yeah, it really gave me tough time my brother.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Laido: 12:44pm On Aug 22, 2016
solace2013:
SOS 211 (as it was then titled) Technical Drawing
University Course
200 Level UNAAB, 2001.
In fact, it was not a course but a mirage
For an Animal Science Student like me.
I shared testimony at Chapel when I scored 42E in the course
Over 100 students from different departments had carry over.

Hmm. Thank God for now bro, People r passing more than they falling!! Don't really like soil science too .
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by kennyjam: 12:44pm On Aug 22, 2016
pls can we chat on fb or whatsapp?
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by addicted268(f): 12:49pm On Aug 22, 2016
Econometrics 300 level

1 Like

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Raindrop0442(m): 12:55pm On Aug 22, 2016
Physical Chemistry..
Calculus for Science

Only God knew how I passed those courses.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by cutesimplycalm(f): 12:57pm On Aug 22, 2016
[quote author=babyfaceafrica post=48416848]For those in English department or Lingustics.....SYNTAX...especially xbar theory,Standard theory,revised standard theory and government and binding, TGG,Optimality theory....God helped us then!!![/quote[quote][/quote

Thats true ooooo, bt generative phonology is still more technical to me sha.]]
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by missuniverse(f): 12:58pm On Aug 22, 2016
course: philosophy

course title: modern philosophy

level: 200

semester: 2nd semester
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by babyfaceafrica: 1:03pm On Aug 22, 2016
[quote author=cutesimplycalm post=48703310][/quote]yes. Agreed..but syntax carry over no me hear
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by cutesimplycalm(f): 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2016
Generative phonology was d toughest for me LIN 306 Linguistics dept. Bt tnk God I didn't carry d course over sha bt seriously it wasn't funny with those yeye foreign languages dat we will be analysing
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by psalmsonovic(m): 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2016
handsomeclouds:
ECN 203- Macro economic analysis
First Semester.
Unilorin
Year 200+
Actually there are just five topic on the course content
The lecturer came to class just two times and ended the class.
The exam was computer based
The questions were terribly hard.
In fact i'm sure the questions were imported from Pluto.
He had set over 500 questions, no two people had same set of questions.
(Mr Yakubu) now Dr Yakubu....... I respect him till date.

I can also relate.. Taught me, Ecn204 and it was CBT.
He will just come to class explain few things and give little notes and course contents were just four.
buh the exams questions na die..
That guy and Dr Yaru tho

1 Like

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Kzeeboi2015(m): 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2016
Abstract Algebra in my NCE and Econometrics
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by jairusben(m): 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2016
11cows4sale:
mls 231 ,,molecular biology

NDU,,200L
Medical laboratory science

The 3 lectures that took dat course na die,,anytime dey enta class,dey tell u dat pipo don't pass d course easily,, dey will tell us"u will all fail"
1 of dem will come to read his material for us,instead of to explain,, like say we no Sabi read

wen result came our it was bloody,, c rate of failure,, anyway I managed to skip wit C
lol.. mine was anatomy physiology virology mycology enzymology..infact all med lab courses from 200l above no b here

1 Like

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by nairaschool01(m): 1:49pm On Aug 22, 2016
pos101 and pos113 guy dix courses carrry fire 4 head de lectural dey mk person vex 4 AAU tank God say I manage gt C for pos101 and B for 113
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by omari5(f): 2:11pm On Aug 22, 2016
Where are the art people abeg, abi is it only science?
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by hawk05(m): 2:16pm On Aug 22, 2016
AmazingAngel:

Am also a statistician in FUTA

I didn't really like courses that had to do with probability distribution too

I did design and analysis of experiment last semester and it was very simple

Haven't done stochastic process until next semester.

My most dreaded course aside the borrowed courses we did in computer science is Operations research 1

Department of computer science has over 100 CO students that took the course with us, will be doing operation research 2 next semester .

Proudly statistician.

The one we did abt Design and analysis experiment was DERIVATIONS. It was too much. Derive latin square derign of the missing plot, derive EMS of random effect, derive EMS of fixed effect and deriv EMS mixed effects. Bla bla bla.. Kinda funy yet dreaded.. Operation research? Lols What abt Multivariate analysis?
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by yvesboss(m): 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2016
Cost Accounting 1 & 2 -200 level

Advanced cost Accounting - 300 level
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by fattycoolface(m): 2:28pm On Aug 22, 2016
History of Africa 300L
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by xharles15(m): 2:39pm On Aug 22, 2016
DVMtuppence:
plz Wat level are you?
Are u a DVM student ?
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by eterisan(m): 2:40pm On Aug 22, 2016
intruder15:

kinda enjoyed numerical analysis though. Did it in 400lvl FEG404. Newton raphson iteration method nd Runge kutta sweet sha. Just dat if u are not careful, u will make mistake. Nd if u made a mistake frm d beginning, everything u did will ve wrong.
wow I just learnt regular falsi method today...bijection method last week. This newton something nxt..300 l geophysics but its a 200 level maths course. Mth 232 numerical analysis
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Jorseyking07: 2:48pm On Aug 22, 2016
MEE213(Engineering Mechanics) _ 3 units the course na die
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by DVMtuppence(m): 2:56pm On Aug 22, 2016
xharles15:
Are u a DVM student ?
yes broh
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by xharles15(m): 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2016
DVMtuppence:
yes broh
What school sir?
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Deeman87: 3:29pm On Aug 22, 2016
intruder15:

whats d course about? Topics nd al.
The course involves investigation of the chemical and physical properties of metallic elements, compounds and alloys. Its also cover metal- related technologies, including extraction methods, use in industry and engineering, and metal working processes such as casting, forging and sintering.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by SwTonia(f): 3:40pm On Aug 22, 2016
analytical chemistry nd Advance enzymology....
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by babyfaceafrica: 4:09pm On Aug 22, 2016
cutesimplycalm:
Generative phonology was d toughest for me LIN 306 Linguistics dept. Bt tnk God I didn't carry d course over sha bt seriously it wasn't funny with those yeye foreign languages dat we will be analysing
which sch?
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by habuchelsea(m): 4:28pm On Aug 22, 2016
Mgt related tough cases
Brain confusioner -- taxation and advanced taxation 300 level
Burdensome course -- strategic finance magament
Brain killer --- corporate reporting and QT
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 22, 2016
shinarambo1:

That is actually an easy course in physics. Any electrical or magnetism are usually the easiest in physics because they are not abstract concept.

Hardest.
300 level, Quantum mechanics - Physics dept.

Yeah, the mathematics in quantum mechanics is out of the world (literally speaking) even the pop-sci version of QM is still mind bending
Especially with all those paradox and thought experiments.
You lots are wizard.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 22, 2016
IssyGenius:

lol.. am also MB.ch.B/MBBS... physiology is very interesting.. it will set you to think
. in fact, you have to sit at times and imagine .. anatomy is dry esp embryological aspect..

I know Right.. Cant wait to be inducted and start counting my money..
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 22, 2016
GoggleB:
I don waka pass.. Hello bae
heyyy
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by DVMtuppence(m): 4:47pm On Aug 22, 2016
xharles15:
What school sir?
Funaab
Are u also a vet student?
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by jessetom(m): 4:56pm On Aug 22, 2016
flange:

Seconded sir
I was asking myself why nobody mentioned numerical methods with Runge kunta and all those cauchy hyterations
numerical methods is d craziest course ever

You can say that again even up to the 500th iteration

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Students Going Into Relationships On Campus, Do Or Don’t? / Futminna Admission List 2010/2011 / Princess Mercy Uwakwe Seeks Arrest Of Dowen College Managers Over Oromoni's Deat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.