Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,607 members, 7,979,045 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 07:03 PM

I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole (1283 Views)

I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole / I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Governor Says / 22 States That Owe Pensioners In Nigeria And Number Of Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole by AllTheWayUp: 10:34am On Aug 12, 2016
Gov. Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State says his administration is owing only four years of unpaid pensions after settling nine years pensioners’ entitlements.
Oshiomhole told State House correspondents in Abuja on Thursday that contrary to the allegation by the opposition, he was not leaving behind a huge liability for his successor.

The opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Edo had alleged that the present administration’s failure to pay pensioners’ arrears might cripple the incoming administration in the state.

“From 1998 when the Army left, to 1999 and to the end of 2008 when I took over, that was a period of 13 years.

“So, we found a pension bill of 13 years, arrears of gratuity and pension not paid by the PDP government including the 7,000 people they dismissed.

“When I assumed duties at the end of 2008, I had two options. There was this temptation to say that I would be paying those who retired during my tenure.

“But, as a former labour leader, I asked myself that if an employer was so callous to carry out massive retrenchment of workers as the PDP did by sacking 7,000 and permanent secretaries and did not pay them gratuity, is it the fault of those workers?

So, I accepted the fact that government is a continuum.

“So, as we speak today, we have paid all those who pensioned in 1998 and 1999, all the ones they dismissed in 2000 and those who retired from 2001, 2002, 2003 up to 2011.

“So, I have paid pension arrears of 13 years even though I have been in government for only seven years plus.’’

The governor, who maintained that having cleared 10 years pension and gratuities arrears, assured that his administration would settle part of the outstanding four years pensions before handing over power to a new government. (NAN)

http://dailypost.ng/2016/08/11/owe-pensioners-four-years-arrears-oshiomhole/

1 Like

Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole by ConqueredWest: 10:38am On Aug 12, 2016
This guy don mad

3 Likes

Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole by Standing5(m): 10:41am On Aug 12, 2016
He spent less than 8 years in power but has paid 13 years pension arrears. That's (13/cool*100= 162.5% performance in that regard. If I talk further they say I am APC and Fulani so I rest my case
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole by Standing5(m): 10:46am On Aug 12, 2016
ConqueredWest:
This guy don mad
Was expecting your type already 'n you didn't dissapoint. He is mad for paying 13yr arrears whereas he ruled for less that 8years and the IB who ruled him and didn't pay those money are saints cos they aren't APC. Clap for yourself.

1 Like

Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole by chemicalDisease: 10:46am On Aug 12, 2016
Nah! you are not An APC Supporter

you are a ZOM*BIE
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole by ammyluv2002(f): 10:50am On Aug 12, 2016
Standing5:
Was expecting your type already 'n you didn't dissapoint. He is mad for paying 13yr arrears whereas he ruled for less that 8years and the IB who ruled him and didn't pay those money are saints cos they aren't APC. Clap for yourself.
Wow! 13 years arrears? Mehn, this is pure wickedness. Haba! These politicians sha

1 Like

Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole by thesicilian: 10:57am On Aug 12, 2016
Don't believe anything that comes out of this guy's mouth. The Edo people and pensioners themselves will tell you a different story.
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole by gebest: 10:58am On Aug 12, 2016
lets be frank Oshiomhole tried for edo workers and pensioniers, he inherited years of arrears for retirees nd cleared everything now is just four years remaining nd he will pay like two years before he leaves office. NOTE: am now nutral, am neither apc or pdp.
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole by booblacain(m): 11:06am On Aug 12, 2016
This thread and it's topic should be a big pointer to show how intentionally misleading headlines can be. Nigerians this is a warning, always read and understand the content before you make comments.
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole by MadamExcellency: 11:20am On Aug 12, 2016
This must be a joke and a lie of the year.

Edo State sacked 7000 State civil servants at a go in the year 2000?

What was the total workforce them?

1 Like

Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole by 989900: 11:47am On Aug 12, 2016
He deserves praise, if he is speaking the truth.

And the people of Edo must have a strong affinity for suffering to go back to those who didn't deem it fit to pay their pensions for all of them years.
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole by malele(m): 11:50am On Aug 12, 2016
Standing5:
He spent less than 8 years in power but has paid 13 years pension arrears. That's (13/cool*100= 162.5% performance in that regard. If I talk further they say I am APC and Fulani so I rest my case

Is he suppose to owe atall
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole by Standing5(m): 12:15pm On Aug 12, 2016
malele:

Ask Igbinedion, Jonathan 'n Iweala.

1 Like

Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole by Babalegba(m): 12:21pm On Aug 12, 2016
malele:

Read the topic again
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole by NextGovernor(m): 3:54pm On Aug 12, 2016
gebest:
lets be frank Oshiomhole tried for edo workers and pensioniers, he inherited years of arrears for retirees nd cleared everything now is just four years remaining nd he will pay like two years before he leaves office. NOTE: am now nutral, am neither apc or pdp.

My friend if you are just 15-20years of age or you don't know what to say keep quite. Igbinedion didn't do any infrastructure like road but he never played with salaries of workers, pension and bursary to students. Osunbor continued the good gesture of paying salaries and same with bursary then.

As Oshiomhole came on board that was when payments of salaries were been delayed. He canceled the bursary paid to students and increased the school fees. My Aunt is still waiting for her gratuity after last 3 years of retirement. Na PDP still cause that cone?

Go ask any university student b4 Oshiomole's regime about bursary and ask the students during Oshiomole about the same bursary and see there response.
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole by Jirate(m): 4:00pm On Aug 12, 2016
NextGovernor:

My friend if you don't know what to say keep quite.

Next…….., No blame them, them no know how far, and many of them are really far from Benin. cool
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole by Jirate(m): 4:06pm On Aug 12, 2016
MadamExcellency:
This must be a joke and a lie of the year.

Edo State sacked 7000 State civil servants at a go in the year 2000?

What was the total workforce then?

Good Question Madam, APC and Oshiomhole has no Integrity, that is their greatest Bane, and they will pointing their dirty fingers at others. Their double standards stink to the high heaven. cool
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole by gebest: 6:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
NextGovernor:

My friend if you are just 15-20years of age or you don't know what to say keep quite. Igbinedion didn't do any infrastructure like road but he never played with salaries of workers, pension and bursary to students. Osunbor continued the good gesture of paying salaries and same with bursary then.

As Oshiomhole came on board that was when payments of salaries were been delayed. He canceled the bursary paid to students and increased the school fees. My Aunt is still waiting for her gratuity after last 3 years of retirement. Na PDP still cause that cone?

Go ask any university student b4 Oshiomole's regime about bursary and ask the students during Oshiomole about the same bursary and see there response.
waitin dis one dey talk??
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole by kossyablaze(m): 8:13pm On Aug 12, 2016
Oga bring ur wife make I help u give am belle na grin
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole by IllegalMoney: 9:05pm On Aug 12, 2016
grin grin grin

Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole by Amanwulu1(m): 10:07pm On Aug 12, 2016
For real?

(1) (Reply)

When Will The Army Launch Operation Crocrodile Fulani / Photos: VP Yemi Osinbajo, Gov. Ambode And Wife, Others Pay Tinubu Sallah Visit / Nigeria To Witness Depression Not Recession As N-delta Militants Strike Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.