Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:48 PM

Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders (16454 Views)

Buhari Award $5.8 Billion Mambila Dam Power Plant Contract To Chinese State Firm / Reps Probe Award Of Multi-billion Naira Contract To 5-day-old Firm / Governor Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders - Pulse.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 12, 2016
Nice one Fayose. Zombies will still complain though that's why they are baptized with that name.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by Thisis2raw(m): 3:22pm On Aug 12, 2016
Pained Zombies wouldn't like this

1 Like

Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by yedidiah(m): 3:23pm On Aug 12, 2016
one good thing about Fayose is that he knows how to patronise those at the bottom of the food chain. This is not the first time he is awarding contract to local contractors and this wouldn't be the last.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by myshoe: 3:25pm On Aug 12, 2016
denitro:
N59,000,000 / 1250 (chairs and desk) = N47,200 per desk and chair.
Smells fishy and expensive to me.
Contract PADDING for sure...
You only calculated the carpentary works. Did you forget that welding works are equally included in the N59m contract?

1 Like

Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by myqel(m): 3:26pm On Aug 12, 2016
okk
Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by pippimp(m): 3:27pm On Aug 12, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Well...this is the season of savings....so if the local artisan can do a better job than the big company at a lower price....better hire the local artisan

PLus,.....it might benefit the local economy

I am not a Fayose fan....I don't like him or his party....but there is some logic to this decision.

There is no logic to it. There is a reason you outsource through certain agencies. Who will monitor it? Government? We all know how efficient government is right? You are just wasting money if you do things like this because you will eventually spend double by hiring someone else to fix the problem that will arise.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by wecan: 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2016
Nice one Fayose, you are a good governor, unlike Rochas Okoroawusa who used billions of naira to import Chinese doors for schools in Imo state and fake Chinese school sandals to school pupils whih didn't last up to one month When we have carpentars and shoe makers here in Imo and Aba.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by olaolaking: 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2016
You will all hear the story when these contractors come on air to protest non payment and breach of contract
Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by WebSurfer(m): 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2016
myshoe:
You only calculated the carpentary works. Did you forget that welding works are equally included in the N59m contract?
are they welding the gate of heaven ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by Zetra(m): 3:29pm On Aug 12, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Well...this is the season of savings....so if the local artisan can do a better job than the big company at a lower price....better hire the local artisan
PLus,.....it might benefit the local economy

I am not a Fayose fan....I don't like him or his party....but there is some logic to this decision.

100% with you.
I am not against the big names but if govt can do more of this then with time they will become big players indirectly more local Nigerian impart and better job done since they are from that region.
Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 12, 2016
denitro:

At least someone is thinking. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 12, 2016
ba7man:
See this mediocre awarding contracts that an average company or individual can award as if it's a big deal.

He can only impress fellow mediocres like himself.
Just shut up.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by Bants(m): 3:39pm On Aug 12, 2016
At least Fayose is building Desks and chairs aregbesola is renovating pit latrine

1 Like

Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by president3h: 3:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
Fayose is greater than awolowo
Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by Simer01: 3:53pm On Aug 12, 2016
If you are a student in Nigeria, I need you to help take this short questionnaire. Thanks

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yz-mf_C26_ucIItbFco5lC-X4RMr3--PJc3sGyqcdFI/edit?chromeless=1#responses

Please share.
Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by Paschalparix(m): 3:55pm On Aug 12, 2016
ba7man:
See this mediocre awarding contracts that an average company or individual can award as if it's a big deal.

He can only impress fellow mediocres like himself.

Nooo! you 're impressed too.

Ode
Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by Kamalx123(m): 3:57pm On Aug 12, 2016
While I detest Fayose style of governace but the fact must be said, this is a commendable act from the ggovernor. This is also d reason fayose wl always have his way in Ekiti politics. Tactically, Fayose has bought d whole welders and carpenters in d state. He has successfully added million vote to his poll comes next election.

Fayose understand his people and pl@ying the game according to their way.
Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by duruallwell25(m): 4:04pm On Aug 12, 2016
denitro:
It's for all primary schools in ekiti, don't be blinded by hate.
Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by dorchester: 4:16pm On Aug 12, 2016
Please check, 59 million for 1,250 chairs and desk makes one desk and chair to cost 49,000 Naira. THIS IS PURE STAINED. Those artisans will get less than halve that Money
Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by shuggah(m): 4:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
denitro:
if u have been this calculative in ur finance you wouldn't b as broke as u are nw.
Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by FKseun(m): 4:20pm On Aug 12, 2016
...and he is owing civil servants several months salary!
Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by FKseun(m): 4:21pm On Aug 12, 2016
shuggah:

if u have been this calculative in ur finance you wouldn't b as broke as u are nw.

You are obviously one of the idiots Ekiti kete people that voted this clown into power.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by duduade: 4:22pm On Aug 12, 2016
Lmao.......

Wetin I tell una...

Say he get meeting with welders in Ekiti State that na why he no get time talk about Aisha's visit to United States of America
Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by ba7man(m): 4:23pm On Aug 12, 2016
See as the mediocre crowd just identified themselves by quoting me. undecided

Those are the people impressed by "cutting ponmo in public"...... "buying fish by the roadside " and awarding such weak contracts.

Like OBJ said....... "Fayose only impresses illiterates".
Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by Kiakia(m): 4:24pm On Aug 12, 2016
denitro:
Good arithmetic. Which single chair and desk for students cost as much as N47,200?

1 Like

Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by shuggah(m): 4:40pm On Aug 12, 2016
FKseun:

You are obviously one of the idiots Ekiti kete people that voted this clown into power.
lol I rather be a clown like fayose than be like ur father who is unheard of or u who is an online troll.
Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by myshoe: 4:44pm On Aug 12, 2016
WebSurfer:
are they welding the gate of heaven ?
Try and go to the market and price angel irons and other welding items since the dollar crisis started. No be person go tell you.
Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by Reference(m): 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
This is how Nigeria can get out of this recession. Public works directly to thè public. It saves a lot of scarce funds because the levels of profits demanded by individuals is far less than companies, far less than Plc's and far less than multinationals in that order. And you empower those who are hardest hit by the recession. If Fayose was to give that job to ABC Limited he will spend 60 million, ten will go to the company directors. If he gave it to ABC Plc he will spend 80 million, 20 million will go to shareholders. If he gave it to ABC International he will pay 120 million, 20 will go to the CBN, banks and fx markets, 30 will go to long nosed shareholders in London, Newyork and Berlin.

I have said it a few times that this is what the Federal Government should be doing and I hope the likes of Fashola are listening. All new jobs in Works, Housing and Power should go directly to the bottom of the economic tree. Do this and you don't need to pay social security. All tne monies paid to the likes of Julius Berger only lead to capital flight or end up in the pockets of the rich and super rich masquerading as company directors.

Finally and most importantly, government should use the period of recession to expand the economic base of the country and diversify its participants by affirmative economic action. By withdrawing jobs from companies in favour of individuals and social groupings they wean these companies off government patronage and enable them to begin to create their own economic bubbles because there is too much dependency on government and this is risky. Just like banks have to find their own funds and grow alternate customer bases. I will like to see the big companies and multinationals engaged in PPP projects ONLY. let them source for funds and properly invest. The likes of Julius Berger have made trillions of naira from Nigeria over the decades. It is time they give back to Nigeria by helping out in these hard times by building infrastructure with their own funds and running them on PPP basis or go bust, simple.

Now when people see individuals get jobs instead of companies the quest for skills will be more important than the quest for employment, the quest for education will be more important than the quest for jobs, especially the white collar types. You will see more people reading science courses and doing vocational programs. They become more handymen than pen pushers. Also they will leave these companies and venture out on their own, creating their own economic bubbles.

This is how America worked its way out of the great depression. This is how China turned its agrarian Maoist economy to one of great enterprise. It is the way Nigeria should go. Start the recovery from the small man, the bottom line. Let them build the school desks, the schools themselves, the roads leading to the schools, the bridges leading to the roads, the airports leading to the roads and anything government intends to spend money on. What they cannot do should be executed PPP, simple.
Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by AsoRockz01(m): 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
MadCow1:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4096640_govayofayose_jpeg65c248d7f507759a909e208fb301885f

Mtcheeeeeeeeew!!

Good thinking, but I hope the welders are builind a cage to house this lunatic.

Jealousy Bro! It's written all over your face.
It would'Ve been a good step taken in the right direction if it was done by baba Daura.

Abeg jealousy no ddey give nutrient at all. Stop it.
Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by Reference(m): 4:51pm On Aug 12, 2016
FKseun:
...and he is owing civil servants several months salary!

But he is creating another economic lifeline. Civil servants are paid by taxes and you have to view the goose that lays the eggs. To create wealth we must diversify investment. It is far better than paying social security.
Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by AsoRockz01(m): 4:52pm On Aug 12, 2016
pippimp:

There is no logic to it. There is a reason you outsource through certain agencies. Who will monitor it? Government? We all know how efficient government is right? You are just wasting money if you do things like this because you will eventually spend double by hiring someone else to fix the problem that will arise.

In other words?
Go an sitdown.
Zombie
Re: Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders by richidinho(m): 5:03pm On Aug 12, 2016
denitro:

Why then did they mention welders in the msg?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fear Of Stone-throwers Forces Kwara Governor To Cancel Independence Day - S.R / Magu Immediately Ceases To Act As EFCC Chairman – Ozekhome. / Tinubu Blasts PDP, Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.