Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,505 members, 7,898,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:18 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (692729 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 4:24am On Dec 31, 2016
USnobeparadise:

$410 for economic hardship! That's Bullshit: it pays better with off-the-book than patronizing this so called DHS. Their outrageous taxes can impoverish person for life.
i understand mehn, but you get better places to work with better pay with your EAD card than off the book. but what do i know?!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:25am On Dec 31, 2016
mekan:
Help me review something... na laugh you dey laugh.. God is watching you sha
Sorry, the anointing oil got me laughing. I was like is this guy a pastor or going to the States to anoint someone.

Just declare those stuffs and you wouldn't have any problem.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 4:25am On Dec 31, 2016
anaccondac:
You're good. You might want to add some other stuff like Paracetamol, antibiotics and Anti-malaria just in case you still have some in your system.

You mean those drugs that only God knows how they are manufactured...I would get over-the-counter pain relievers here- Tylenol, ibuprofen, etc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by anaccondac: 4:43am On Dec 31, 2016
biikeys:

You mean those drugs that only God knows how they are manufactured...I would get over-the-counter pain relievers here- Tylenol, ibuprofen, etc
I would rather take the ones I'm familiar with that works with my system. I don't need ibruprofen at all. We still have reputable drug manufacturing companies in Nigeria and standard pharmacy stores too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by anaccondac: 4:45am On Dec 31, 2016
amanze15:
i understand mehn, but you get better places to work with better pay with your EAD card than off the book. but what do i know?!
You can actually get a better job with EAD that are better than off the book.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by anaccondac: 4:45am On Dec 31, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:47am On Dec 31, 2016
Chiezzh:

Thank you alll for your suggestions ...I'm actually the one with the issue ! but it ended in praise! ..it showed REFUSED from the day I went for my interview ! I was worried but had confidence ...The caec site was not updated maybe due to the Christmas holidays ..Note!..Don't belive completely what the site status reads always,most times it takes a while to be updated .Thanks to all who cheered me up ....@walsprirng @deetus @ boss trex@slimmy 2005 @Venek and most especially my big bro from another mother ! Abbeyhart/CBNL 2014! You sighted bro !God bless you all.
Of course I told you that your status hasn't been updated yet. That you should hold on. At a time, I got upset because you weren't listening. It's okay. Limit yourself online now and prepare for your travel. Go to Lagos Island and get winter jackets, head warmer, socks, jeans, etc.

And don't get too excited at the airport.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 4:50am On Dec 31, 2016
anaccondac:
I would rather take the ones I'm familiar with that works with my system. I don't need ibruprofen at all. We still have reputable drug manufacturing companies in Nigeria and standard pharmacy stores too.

Good luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by anaccondac: 4:57am On Dec 31, 2016
biikeys:

Good luck
Same to you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dramaka(m): 5:32am On Dec 31, 2016
djmakson:

Hopefully the old times are brought back.

cheesy grin Oh! How lovely to behold.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mekan(m): 5:54am On Dec 31, 2016
I need to be anointed there na..
Anyways, thanks eventually.
DeeTus:
Sorry, the anointing oil got me laughing. I was like is this guy a pastor or going to the States to anoint someone.

Just declare those stuffs and you wouldn't have any problem.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dramaka(m): 6:42am On Dec 31, 2016
dramaka:

Chai! It is saddening to know that having 1USD offered for sale at N385 is good news now. At the beginning of this year, it was unimaginable; even in June/July. Now, even with complete legit documentation, it is sold at N385. Who are the select few then obtaining USD at N315? Nigeria....smh cry

Oh, now I get it. #FXRates.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by skitkid2(m): 7:30am On Dec 31, 2016
I read from page 1 to almost 200.
It was few info, then covered by irrelevant conversations.

This thread is meant to make getting a visa easy.

Why should I read from chapter1 to 5 to find the compiled interview transcript link when some of us know the exact place it is and can easily help me get it.

Its good to read, I have read numerous threads on travel section.

But telling me to read from 1 to 10 to find an info is not the reason for this thread(you can as well tell me to Google it).

I hope y'all understand my point,

Good morning
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 7:54am On Dec 31, 2016
skitkid2:

Why should I read from chapter1 to 5 to find the compiled interview transcript link when some of us know the exact place it is and can easily help me get it.

But telling me to read from 1 to 10 to find an info is not the reason for this thread(you can as well tell me to Google it).

Good morning
You no ready be that!
But dude there is a search button on nairaland. Use your wits to develop phrases of what you are looking for. And hit the search button.
If we plan on going to US and can't enjoy the power of Google. Then we are just comedians mehn cool

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chapecoense(m): 7:59am On Dec 31, 2016
skitkid2:

Good morning
use search box..
What i do at times is just to type my specific question on google and add the word "nairaland" at the end of my question.. I will immediately get the direct link to the page where my question has been discussed.. U will be amazed by the info u can get that way..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 31, 2016
[quote author=iekene post=52406745][/quote]

You can use the services of BY Mafit. it's convenient and saves you a lot of cash
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 8:28am On Dec 31, 2016
fesobi92, I lost your contact.
Hope ypu're enjoying TN?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 8:48am On Dec 31, 2016
Please for those that applied for MSc, when you were filing the form, did you answer the question "[/b]Please list other universities where you have applied for graduate study"[b]

Why are they asking? angry

OluDare01:
Hope ypu're enjoying TN?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 31, 2016
Everybody just quoting and saying all kinda stuffs cos they've got DATA grin. Just reading them and smiling codedly.

#SameTeam #SameFolks

Like I care... Hehehe message passed since Mtcheeeeeeew tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 9:02am On Dec 31, 2016
OGreene:
Please for those that applied for MSc, when you were filing the form, did you answer the question "[/b]Please list other universities where you have applied for graduate study"[b]
Lol.
Which school is that?
I wasn't asked that question but I think they wanna know if you have other options incase they deny you admission. I dont wish you that though

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 9:03am On Dec 31, 2016
OGreene:
Lol.

Which school is that?
I wasn't asked that question but I think they wanna know if you have other options incase they deny you admission. I dont wish you that though
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 9:10am On Dec 31, 2016
cecemat:
Everybody just quoting and saying all kinda stuffs cos they've got DATA grin. Just reading them and smiling codedly.

#SameTeam #SameFolks

Hehe, data is cheap na. aaboki
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fesobi92: 9:22am On Dec 31, 2016
OluDare01:
Hope ypu're enjoying TN?
Am doing great boss. Will msg u right away.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 9:51am On Dec 31, 2016
Uni of Minnesota

OluDare01:
Which school is that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mekan(m): 2:27pm On Dec 31, 2016
Hello Everyone..
My program start date is Jan 3rd and lectures begin on the 11th.... Can i arrive later than 3rd and before 11th and not have any issues at the POE?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ruffcoin99(m): 2:28pm On Dec 31, 2016
I think i saw you yesterday at DHL muri okuola, you came early wearing black..... grin
Chiezzh:

Thank you alll for your suggestions ...I'm actually the one with the issue ! but it ended in praise! ..it showed REFUSED from the day I went for my interview ! I was worried but had confidence ...The caec site was not updated maybe due to the Christmas holidays ..Note!..Don't belive completely what the site status reads always,most times it takes a while to be updated .Thanks to all who cheered me up ....@walsprirng @deetus @ boss trex@slimmy 2005 @Venek and most especially my big bro from another mother ! Abbeyhart/CBNL 2014! You sighted bro !God bless you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chiezzh: 3:25pm On Dec 31, 2016
ruffcoin99:
I think i saw you yesterday at DHL muri okuola, you came early wearing black..... grin
Me keh ! I went by 5 when they already closed ..I was on white t shirt ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 31, 2016
Hello family. It's been a wonderful experience all through, and the year 's gonna end soon. I pray we all go into 2016 together.
Lemme me share my traveling experience here oo, sorry it came quite late but cold for North Dakota no be here oo.
On the 26 of December Bobo don wake up, anxious a bit, fast forward to 8pm on my way to Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja. Checked in and passed through customs by 9:30 for Lufthansa going to frankfurt by 11:10 pm. After a while they made an announcement that all lufthansa passengers should report to the flight desk. We went there and was told that our flight has been canceled because of bad weather in port harcourt where the plane was made to drop some passengers and come pick us. Well it didn't drop the passengers because it can't land, so it back with dem. Lufthansa then to us to Bolten white hotel in abuja and we spent the night there. Tomoro by 11 we reported back to the airport and after everything we left Nigeria by 3pm. Nigeria to Frankfurt na 6 hours journey.we got to frankfurt by 9pm, our interlining flight to chicago has left, they arranged another one leaving by 1pm tomoro. So some of us didn't have SCHEGEN visa and we were made to sleep at the airport where lufthansa gave us sandwich and some drinks. By 7am tomoro, I off with some guys going to USA to look for our gate. Omo Satan go reject OBJ,JONA,BUHARI and all the rest soul,infact nigeria's leaders should have their own hell separate because dem fit over throw Satan because of their greediness. Come see airport for frankfurt. Chaii I remove cap for Germany oo. We went looking for our gate and located it by 9:30. Airport big gan. Well we didn't leave there as we chatted and compared Africa with the world. Fast forward to 1pm we boarded the flight and left. Naive me thinking it was like a two or three hour journey got the shock of my life when the captain announced it was a nine hour journey. They served us food and drinks and yoghurt, trust aba boy like me naa, I ate and drank everything offered by the aircraft. The journey went well and we in chicago by 3:40 central American time. Omo na so I proceed to POE and then the man after questioning me ask me to go stand on one black line that an officer is coming, (for hia ehhh I nearly fainted, I tot my American dream don cut short, I was like witches of Arondizuogu has kill me). Any ways the guy came and collected my passport,i-20, visa come carry me go for one place wey people plenty sit down. After like 30 minutes my name was called and one officer interviewed me.( For the customs thing dem give me to fill,i write address brother's residence cos I no know em address for fargo) . He stamped my passport after questioning me and told me all set to go bro. He actually hi-fived me. Then I collected my passport and went to terminal two for my flight to Fargo. It was was smooth from there.
Have y'all to thank.

PS:what does standing on the black line signify, I am still scared sef,. Please tell me the meaning.
Peace out. But ND cold ooo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 31, 2016
*2017*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by anaccondac: 3:51pm On Dec 31, 2016
spaceshipz:
*2017*
are you from Ideato-North LGA?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:51pm On Dec 31, 2016
mekan:
Hello Everyone..
My program start date is Jan 3rd and lectures begin on the 11th.... Can i arrive later than 3rd and before 11th and not have any issues at the POE?

What exact date is the start date on ur i20 ...that is what is key. Try not to enter after that start date on your i20 blc u can and most likely will be refused entry at POE...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 31, 2016
cecemat:

#SameTeam #SameFolks

This your attitude wont get you anywhere, you think you wont need this thread's help again shey?? You never can tell,How hard is it to just move on? sigh

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (405)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.