Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,924 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:24 AM

How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found (3817 Views)

Naval Officer Shoots IMSU Graduate Dead, Accuses Him Of Being A Cultist (Photos) / Uniabuja Student Shot Dead By A Cultist / How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by DesChyko: 12:09pm On Aug 13, 2016
I've always shied away from discussing this publicly, but not anymore. Today, I will lay bare, all that transpired from being a free soul to being shackled in the demonic dungeons of cultism. I have no ties with them now. I do not ever wish to do so in this lifetime or the next. It has been a while, but I will try to remember it all.

I had always fancied being a cultist; the reason being that I could for once appear physically intimidating. I had really young looks and didn't get the respect I felt I deserved from acquaintances. That was just asking too much because I was adored in class (University) as being one of the top brains, although the class of my degree never reflected that. Aside from that, my personality skills won me enough respect from colleagues and friends. But what I desired was fear factor. I was bullied and intimidated a number of times by Cultists and Older looking males alike during my earlier school year. I endured this for a while

Fast forward to that day, I hosted friends to a drinking spree on a Friday, and in the process, some cultists from the Supreme Vikings Confraternity came in. Either they came to us first or we went to them first, I don't really remember. I was drunk silly. What I really remember was me shaking them in the 'anchor' way and them noticing I wasn't a member, about to 'drill' me.

One of them was however impressed by my alcohol-inspired bravery and took me aside, convincing me to become one of them. I readily agreed. He asked me to bring some money for the initiation process which I quickly gave #5,000 and promised to pay another within a week. We boarded a bike, or bikes, not so sure, and left the venue for the initiation.

Along the way, we stopped on three occasions or thereabout, to buy razor, coloured candles, V12 (codename for Squadron) and all that. We even drunk more hot drinks. The Pilot was summoned to spearhead the initiation rites and soon, we ditched the bikes, and began to move on foot.

Soon enough, we were walking through a bush path; I had no idea exactly where till date, everywhere was dark and it was raining, and after a while, I was blindfolded with my shirt, leaving me with my singlet, jeans and footwear. My hand was placed on the shoulder of one of them and I was led further into the forest. We soon came to a clearing where I was stripped to my spandex shorts and my blindfold removed. The rains wouldn't allow the candles stay lit.

My valuables were collected as was the rule in the place called 'Iceland'. An incision was made on my thumb, the left, I think..can't really remember, and it was dipped into the V12 and some words were said and some were repeated by me. I guess this was where I sold my soul, the promise of secrecy and all. I was then asked to lie down, and was flogged with matchets anf wood, I guees. My body was already numbed by alcohol and cold, so I couldn't really feel it much then. I was then welcomed to the society, given a 'vikantical name' and was assigned to my godfather, who taught me all about the SVC in a period of months.

I'm glad I didn't kill. I knew I could; that feeling of power within the first few weeks was intense. My relationship with people changed, I grew more distant, unfriendly and irrational in my dealings. I became volatile, and essentially, my life went downhill. I lost the trust and respect of a number of people. I was lost.

I gained nothing. Today, I have no use for those habits, because none of them actually matters in reality. I run away from those filthy habits instead. The annoying thing was, I was smarter than all my comrades, I was better off in my family background, I was blessed but sought a curse.

I've renounced them years ago. But I know it really isn't complete until I shed all their morals that I still keep. My biggest error was that oath, the blood, the cut, the incantations. I wished I could undo it and have all my lost years back. But here I am stuck with regret and none of those things that really mattered then.

My advice to those to whom cultism appeals to today, be sure that it fits perfectly into the successful life you see yourself in tomorrow. Else, there is nothing greater than your freewill. If you must be bound to a religion, there are many that still maintain your sense of freedom and a life free of regrets. I'm a Christian. I intend to be a full-fledged Christian. This is me just clearing the debris. There are many others. Find any that suits you, but cultism? It only promises confusion, and perhaps, a VIP seat by the devil's side as you watch your life get ruined.

7 Likes

Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 13, 2016
I just want to sit here!
Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by chynie: 12:20pm On Aug 13, 2016
ok we don hear grin
Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 13, 2016
OP you where lucky to have come out alive.

lost a number of friends to cultism.. RIP guys..

in sunny Nneji's voice *many people dem don go, where dem dey, we no know*
Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by ClassCaptain(m): 12:25pm On Aug 13, 2016
Thought provoking...

But my question is...

1) How were you able to let go and exit the group because this groups would not allow a member to just walk out like that.. How did u do , what steps did u take and what were the challenges...

This is to serve as a good info to anyone out here wanting to break free but still skeptical...
Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by Sunnymatey(m): 12:26pm On Aug 13, 2016
Cultism will only lead u to self destruction. They's always a 2morow, so dont live in regret.
Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by tomquest: 12:40pm On Aug 13, 2016
Don't look back at those lost years but look forward to the blessings that the years ahead have to offer you.

When God turns your captivity around, your case would be like that of Job who lost it all but, because he didn't curse God, was blessed in double folds.

Sin is evil, whether cultism or fornication. That's why God will bless you for returning to His fold.
Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 13, 2016
I hope u are not one of them is seeking to repent
ClassCaptain:
Thought provoking...

But my question is...

1) How were you able to let go and exit the group because this groups would not allow a member to just walk out like that.. How did u do , what steps did u take and what were the challenges...

This is to serve as a good info to anyone out here wanting to break free but still skeptical...

Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by tukdi: 12:55pm On Aug 13, 2016
Op, u've told us how u BECAME! pkease equally tell us how u "DECAME" too!
Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by ClassCaptain(m): 12:55pm On Aug 13, 2016
Oma307:
I hope u are not one of them is seeking to repent

no sir. Am nt
Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by validman7(m): 12:57pm On Aug 13, 2016
may God help us all!
Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by DesChyko: 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2016
ClassCaptain:
Thought provoking...

But my question is...

I just did. I walked away a ruined person. A far cry from whom I was supposed to be. I guess that is the purpose of it all, to get rid of the positives I had in me, leaving me in a scenario of 'joining them because you can't beat them'. I cut all communications with them, but when ever we cross paths, I play along, parting with cash sometimes, but didn't turn up for meetings. As times went by, the contacts became infrequent.

But someone after my well being really didn't want me to go to waste. I know it. It wasn't my doing. I walked away, they forgot me. Did I forget them? I was really afraid initially, of them coming after me. I hid a lot, went out less often. But it's so many years now. I have a lot more to live for than things that have no real value and never paid. I guess all that 'strike you if you leave' was just brainwash. Or perhaps, it was that 'someone' who did it all.

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2016
Dont be offended with the question i asked u, it was what u asked that prompted me to ask u
ClassCaptain:

no sir. Am nt
Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by validman7(m): 1:02pm On Aug 13, 2016
may God help us all!

who no go..no go know

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by DesChyko: 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2016
tomquest:
Don't look back at those lost years but look forward to the blessings that the years ahead have to offer you.

When God turns your captivity around, your case would be like that of Job who lost it all but, because he didn't curse God, was blessed in double folds.

Sin is evil, whether cultism or fornication. That's why God will bless you for returning to His fold.

That is my focus now. A lot was going wrong, but I was always being saved. And they kept going wrong, and somehow, I kept overcoming. But so far, I haven't acknowledged God. Not then. I want to. I need to exchange the convenant I made then for a convenant with God. I need it because I know I haven't seen the worst of it. And God is my only hope of braving the storm

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by junnyjake(m): 3:47pm On Aug 13, 2016
ummmmm, touching stories that is.

Many should learn from this, during my time in school, due to the orientation I had beforehand, I was able to relate with all the groups and still made it clear to them I would never join them.

And op, don't look back in regrets for too long, I believe you still have a bright day ahead of you.
Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by Pidggin(f): 4:45pm On Aug 13, 2016
DesChyko:

That is my focus now. A lot was going wrong, but I was always being saved. And they kept going wrong, and somehow, I kept overcoming. But so far, I haven't acknowledged God. Not then. I want to. I need to exchange the convenant I made then for a convenant with God. I need it because I know I haven't seen the worst of it. And God is my only hope of braving the storm

"I will give you back what you lost in the years when swarms of locusts ate your crops. "Joel 2:25

If you have accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior He will restore those years you wasted back to you.

As for the blood covenant this is what you can do to counter it :

Go for a communion service where you will eat the flesh and drink the blood of Jesus

Read Psalm 23 and 91 loudly three times in the presence of two or more people

God will set you free in Jesus name!

3 Likes

Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by Pidggin(f): 4:49pm On Aug 13, 2016
DesChyko:

Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by CallMeMadMan: 9:07pm On Aug 13, 2016
A cultist Diary season one episode one
Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by ademasta(m): 9:40pm On Aug 13, 2016
undecided
Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by obiak4(m): 10:43pm On Aug 13, 2016
ClassCaptain:
Thought provoking...

But my question is...

He would be easily left to continue his life on some conditions
1, if he has not spill blood
2, he has not killed someone or have any Covenant with any member who is still a cultist

Apart from this and some other conditions they will SURELY come for you
You renounced have you told the opponents you are no longer a cultist? Have you try to make peace ✌ with the people you injured shoot, fight, oppressed?

Just like my guy prince Herbert an excusional now preaching have never mimic words in telling him he would face the same fate he did to others now or later
Jesus or no Jesus you reap what you sow
Ask the following cultist how life after renouncing is like
Marvel akpoyigbo
Pst madugboko aselem
Prof Ricardo the read aka rising angel
Just pray a bounty is not placed on your head by opposition or your kind
Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by obiak4(m): 11:02pm On Aug 13, 2016
DesChyko:

I just did. I walked away a ruined person. A far cry from whom I was supposed to be. I guess that is the purpose of it all, to get rid of the positives I had in me, leaving me in a scenario of 'joining them because you can't beat them'. I cut all communications with them, but when ever we cross paths, I play along, parting with cash sometimes, but didn't turn up for meetings. As times went by, the contacts became infrequent.

But someone after my well being really didn't want me to go to waste. I know it. It wasn't my doing. I walked away, they forgot me. Did I forget them? I was really afraid initially, of them coming after me. I hid a lot, went out less often. But it's so many years now. I have a lot more to live for than things that have no real value and never paid. I guess all that 'strike you if you leave' was just brainwash. Or perhaps, it was that 'someone' who did it all.
My brother you are still a cultist don't deceive yourself to denounce means everyone is clear that you are no longer with them and have started a new life
As far as when you see your unboard mate you anchor or claws and you part with money to buy rum
When you would have said to be free is when they see you and respect that this guy is no longer a part of us (him don hang leg) but just hiding from them does not make you free instead made you a soft target
The day them go give you charge say you no dey come around na your okoro be Dat oooo
If you want to renounce do it properly

3 Likes

Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by WilliamsChelster(m): 12:39am On Aug 14, 2016
Isorite
Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by pythonkid(m): 12:45am On Aug 14, 2016
Hope you've surrendered your ass the police
Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by wenebunwo(m): 12:41am On Aug 15, 2016
Ah just wan buy land here

thank You
Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by WilliamsChelster(m): 4:24am On Aug 15, 2016
Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by diablos: 11:25pm On Aug 15, 2016
Trace ur limbos n wear ur widaz 4 d dayz are evil
Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by nairaschool01(m): 12:31am On Aug 16, 2016
Aro mate.....
Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by victormeg(m): 5:28am On Aug 16, 2016
obiak4:

My brother you are still a cultist don't deceive yourself to denounce means everyone is clear that you are no longer with them and have started a new life
As far as when you see your unboard mate you anchor or claws and you part with money to buy rum
When you would have said to be free is when they see you and respect that this guy is no longer a part of us (him don hang leg) but just hiding from them does not make you free instead made you a soft target
The day them go give you charge say you no dey come around na your okoro be Dat oooo
If you want to renounce do it properly
Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by victormeg(m): 5:33am On Aug 16, 2016
You must be really dumb.i guess you should be more encouraging than giving such dumb advice.you would have told him to have a world press conference or better still annouce on national tv.nonsense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by Graxie(f): 1:22pm On Aug 16, 2016
My brother it's possible to start afresh. Change city, phone, and contacts. Above all, make Jesus your friend. God bless you.
Re: How I Became A Cultist: Years Lost But Never Found by Cwaya(m): 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2016
Its well Bro ...

Its all past now.

Onwedi... cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video: How Soldiers Forced 5 Ladies To Strip Nakked For No Tangible Reasons / 5 Boys Freed After Being Arrested For Allegedly Drugging, Defiling A Girl / Singer Osinachi Nwachukwu Cause Of Death Revealed, Husband Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.