Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,777 members, 7,969,293 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 02:27 AM

Ogogo Now A Farmer, Says ‘actors Are Being Fed By Their Wives’ - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ogogo Now A Farmer, Says ‘actors Are Being Fed By Their Wives’ (1392 Views)

Taiwo Hassan (ogogo) Looks Broken At Mojisola Olaiya's Service Of Songs / 10 Popular Yoruba Actors And Their Wives (Photos) / Our Nollywood Actors Are They Broke? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogogo Now A Farmer, Says ‘actors Are Being Fed By Their Wives’ by newsrepublique: 6:50pm On Aug 14, 2016
Veteran Yoruba actor, Taiwo Hassan, also known as “Ogogo”, has revealed that the unrewarding state of the movie industry has encouraged him to consider other means of income such as farming.

In an interview published by Punch News on Saturday, August 14, 2016, Ogogo observed that piracy has made it difficult for actors and movie producers to get value for their hard work.

Most of the time, a film gets circulated into the market barely hours after release, and it is all down to the activities of pirates, who have denied him and many others of their royalties.

“I just can’t be chasing some jobs that are not worth it now. Imagine going to Ibadan now on fuel of about N30, 000, the producers don’t usually have the fund to pay for my hotel and I will lodge my personal assistants in hotels as well.”

” I can’t commit to jobs that are not worth it. It is not every job that one gets to do at a certain stage in one’s life.”

“No marketer can finance a movie project with a large amount of money.”

” Imagine releasing a movie in the morning by 9am and by 2pm the pirated copies will be out. So, how do we get our royalties or how does the marketer recoup his investment?”

According to the actor, most actors now rely on their wives to be fed, as the menace caused by piracy has had a negative effect on their finances.

“We solely depend on God’s mercy now, and the goodwill of those who love us. Only few have small businesses of their own. As I speak, some actors are being fed by their wives.”

“A big marketer in the industry told me when he wanted to release a Yoruba movie, some Igbo boys in Alaba told him to settle the pirates so they don’t pirate his movie. That is happening in a lawful society.”

Hassan observed that actors are the least paid when compared to professionals who play football or have a music career.

This has been the reason why he decided to venture into farming, which was practiced by his parents.

”Footballers and musicians make more money than actors. Actors are the least paid.”

“My parents were farmers. I have partially started the process of going into farming”, he said.
Read more on:http://www.newsrepublique.com/ogogo-now-a-farmer-says-actors-are-being-fed-by-their-wives/

1 Share

Re: Ogogo Now A Farmer, Says ‘actors Are Being Fed By Their Wives’ by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:53pm On Aug 14, 2016
Now the question is...... Why should anyone be a full time (Yoruba ) Actor in Nigeria.... How will you survive?

Even Nollywood actors are broke, talk less of yoruba actors...

Don't farm and watch your neighbor feed you too cheesy
Re: Ogogo Now A Farmer, Says ‘actors Are Being Fed By Their Wives’ by Standing5(m): 6:54pm On Aug 14, 2016
Alaba boiz are reaping the fruit of actors' labour. Very soon film seller will have to take up acting roles themselves.
Re: Ogogo Now A Farmer, Says ‘actors Are Being Fed By Their Wives’ by DannyJ19(m): 6:55pm On Aug 14, 2016
Double ur hustle...

issokay
Re: Ogogo Now A Farmer, Says ‘actors Are Being Fed By Their Wives’ by femolacqua(m): 7:08pm On Aug 14, 2016
Hustle really hard and work hard. Very commendable.
Re: Ogogo Now A Farmer, Says ‘actors Are Being Fed By Their Wives’ by goldbim(f): 7:09pm On Aug 14, 2016
Quite true!!that is why most of them always beg for amount you always imagine they have because of the extravagant lifestyle some of them display...farming won't be bad in this economy.(the farmer is the king)Agbe loba!! cool....
Re: Ogogo Now A Farmer, Says ‘actors Are Being Fed By Their Wives’ by cruzita(f): 7:45pm On Aug 14, 2016
which way better for this naija self?

abeg who get Ak-47. for sale?

I wan change line of business
Re: Ogogo Now A Farmer, Says ‘actors Are Being Fed By Their Wives’ by mogboyelade(f): 8:44pm On Aug 14, 2016
Agbelere!

(1) (Reply)

How Many Of You Husbands Will Be OK With This? / "89% Of Women In Abuja Are Nothing But Sex Workers" - Charly Boy / Amber Rose And Blacchyna Pose With Their New Rolls Royce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.