Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,502 members, 7,940,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 01:41 PM

FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway (17797 Views)

South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members / Reconstruction Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway, Lauretta Onochie Mocks PDP / FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by omnisali: 12:25pm On Aug 15, 2016
Caseless:
you can nevervplease ibo people cos they are mostly driven by emotion and hate, instead of logic and reasoning.

Hypocrisy! y don't u support the referendum so we can go with our hate.

2 Likes

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by omnisali: 12:26pm On Aug 15, 2016
Caseless:
you can nevervplease ibo people cos they are mostly driven by emotion and hate, instead of logic and reasoning.

Hypocrisy! y don't u support the referendum so we can go with our hate. Pls we r not Ibo but Igbo
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by freshdude99(m): 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2016
MadCow1:

Nobody is talking about allawee here Nwanna..

He said the South East has more infrastructure than every other region outside of Abuja and Lagos and I want him to prove it.
Don't misquote me bro, u guys called gej and igbos for their support. I now asked all other regions within the span of his 6yrs in power, which one got more infrastructural development aside Abuja and Lagos? Pls be objective even if I knw u don't like gej
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by freshdude99(m): 12:30pm On Aug 15, 2016
MadCow1:

Nobody is talking about allawee here Nwanna..

He said the South East has more infrastructure than every other region outside of Abuja and Lagos and I want him to prove it.
Don't misquote me bro, u guys called gej and igbos for their support. I now asked all other regions within the span of his 6yrs in power, which one got more infrastructural development aside Abuja and Lagos? Pls be objective even if I knw u don't like gej. To me I think every region was stagnant infrastructurally except Lagos and Abuja. So why blame igbos and SE in such a damning manner. Besides gej is Nigeria's president not SE president or Igbos president.
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by Gabbyraze(m): 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2016
Mynd44:
This road is a GEJ project that the Buhari administration wants to take credit for.

Useless government.

cool
Please have u passed the road in the past 2 years,if not...kindly retract your statement because it is a false and deceitful one
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by Achiever270(m): 12:35pm On Aug 15, 2016
Mynd44:
This road is a GEJ project that the Buhari administration wants to take credit for.

Useless government.

cool
Shut up!
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:57pm On Aug 15, 2016
Lifestone:
I will continue to ask what exactly were GEJ achievements in South East to have deserved the cult support he receives in the region.
For a road as crucial as Enugu Onitsha Road to have been left undone amounts to GEJ's betrayal of SE (also the non completion of the 2nd Niger Bridge).

South East should do a soul searching, and change the illusion of goodness they thought they had during the GEJ administration.

No matter the extent of your rant with Caseless, Mynd44 etc ...

1)You can NEVER stampede anybody into loving a man who thinks and sees me as minority (5%)...Any SE indigene would be silly to do same...

2)This road reconstruction for which you are vomiting your hatred and prejudice against Southeast is an initiative of SE leaders...NOT & NEVER Buhari or Fashola...The thread was even shown here when Obiano went to discuss this road and other SE projects in China with this company...So what's FG input here?

3) This project is PPP...which other road is under same arrangement under this administration...SE will be taxed through tollgates on this road... Indirectly meaning they Re providing road and other infrastructure for themselves unlike other regions...while you praise buhari for same...I rather thank Obiano & co...

4) Jonathan didn't finish the whole length of this road...but did do some portion of it(Cf Onitsha end of this same road)...Just like so many other roads he started but didn't finish before he left government...

5)What happened to the refinery Mynd44 that you struggled to spread lies over this forum that it was buhari body language... Did his body language suddenly trip it off again? ...

6)Enugu International Airport which past regimes refused to approve was enough reason for Southeast to "worship" Jonathan...Yes, and he made sure through Okonjo-Iweala that the project was structured in such a way that the project can not be stopped irrespective of any administration for financial reasons...

7) Onitsha/Owerri road which Jonathan completed is enough reason bro...

cool Appointing Southeast elites(albeit an individual glory) to posts which buhari and co consider a taboo for Southeast folks is enough reason to love Jonathan beyond measures...Ihejirika & co comes to mind...It took more than 44years Before Ihejirika an Igbo was appointed by Jonathan as COAS...Buhari denied them entirely again...And you want them to worship buhari with you cheesy

9)You need more reasons... cheesygrin Enjoy the change... Southeast doesn't envy your decision acumen of getting buhari here ...And so, don't cry your head off for us biko wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2016
redcap:

The bolded says a lot as it appears it's actually obiano that has taken charge of the project.

https://www.nairaland.com/3281710/obiano-china-onitsha-port-anambra

NEver allow omenka, mynd44, Caseless etc confuse you with their frustration to shore up image of this confused government...

1)How many projects are on PPP by thjs government except in Southeast?

2)Is their any contribution even the footwork or discussion on agreement by FG here except nominal approval since it is their road?

3) Isn't some section of this road already built by Jonathan before leaving government?...So why mock him or derail the thread to Jonathan attack thread?

4)I thought they deceived themselves saying some billions was earmarked for this same project in their 2016 padded budget?... cheesy

5)Never go for him who sees you as inferior(5%) in all terms...Has any sane president so derogatorily described his subjects? Buhari isn't for anything good###

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by Mendelssohn(m): 1:39pm On Aug 15, 2016
freeze001:

Do ur maths properly. Yar'adua died in 2010 and that's when GEJ took over. That's a total of 5yrs. Still doesn't negate what he should have done or not but just get d details right.

Jonathan became an Acting President in 2009. An acting President has the full powers of a substantive one. Just for your information.

1 Like

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by MadCow1: 1:49pm On Aug 15, 2016
freshdude99:

Don't misquote me bro, u guys called gej and igbos for their support. I now asked all other regions within the span of his 6yrs in power, which one got more infrastructural development aside Abuja and Lagos? Pls be objective even if I knw u don't like gej

No.....

Your post is still there and I quoted it..

You claimed that no other region had the infrastructure in the East... That sadly is a big fat lie.

Even on your revised claim above, can you name one thing GEJ did in Lagos? Even the Man himself said he did fhuck all in Lagos and Port Harcourt during his re - election campaign. grin

The question of why the Igbos vehemently supported GEJ despite his not doing anything tangible in the East is a valid question. Atleast Obasanjo built the only good road in the East which is the Owerri - Onitsha highway.

Don't worry about answering the question above because the reason is clearly blind sentiments. He is from the South which was a former Biafran territory that's all..
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by vicnairaland: 1:50pm On Aug 15, 2016
FUNNY ENOUGH IF THEY BUILD THE ROAD AND TOLL IT AFTERWARDS WHO THEN BUILT IT? IT'S YOU AND ME THAT PLY THE ROAD MORE THAN ONCE.SO BE WISE NIG.THE NIG BUSINESS MAN AND THE CHINESE COMPANY JUST MAKES HUGE MONEY OUT OF US JUST LIKE THE LEKKY HANGING BRIDGE IN LAGOS. I THINK IT'S EIGHT TOLL POINTS ALTOGETHER MULTIPLY THAT BY N300 X8 = N2,400 MAYBE FOR 30 SECONDS THAT IS N4,800/MIN. MULTIPLY THAT BY 60MIN= N288,000 AN HOUR. YOU KNOW THE REST.
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by freeze001(f): 1:51pm On Aug 15, 2016
Mendelssohn:

Jonathan became an Acting President in 2009. An acting President has the full powers of a substantive one. Just for your information.

He became Acting President in 2010!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-12192152
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by obailala(m): 2:07pm On Aug 15, 2016
legendte:

You reason from the wrong side. What did OBJ do for the West to become the chief Navigator? Do you know the condition of Ore road?

Have you ever asked yourself why Igbos hate Buhari? Was Yaradua or OBJ hated by the Igbos?

While GEJ didn't do much generally, he gave us a sense of belonging. He started the second Niger bridge. He appointed most of our sons (these appointees bring their people to government. I know how many Igbos that got immigration jobs through capt Iheanacho of Imo state when he was the minister of special duty) Enugu airport became an international airport. We had the first army chief. At least we were given some sense of belonging.

GEJ wasn't the best choice but he remains light years ahead of Buhari.
I think I prefer roads to be fixed over the appointment of one or two individuals who end up blessing only their own pockets. Fixing a road would benefit millions instead of the handful of individuals and their relatives who get immigration jobs.

2 Likes

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by obailala(m): 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2016
lawmani:
Wow...PPP...BOT
This is wickedness to the highest order
Why is Sout East being treated so bad
So govt can't fix the road
Fashola do u hate the igbos so much like this?
You ran and fixed apapa ijora bridge
You can't even make the enugu/osha expressway motorable
BOT means the people of SE will rebuild the road with their own money collected with a high margin of interest in the name of Toll with one APC man behind the Chinese coy made a millionaire overnight.
I am not from SE, but this injustice is too much and Fashola should know better and stop this madness. I have lots of respect for this guy but I am beginning to doubt his unbiased and de-tribalised actions.
If this PPP or BOT is allowed to hold..this will confirm that SE is in real bullshit.
If govt has been fixing roads all over the country without PPP BOT arrangement then why do it in SE?
It's sad that the road may have to be tolled, but history has proven this to just be Fashola's own modus operandi and I wouldn't interpret tolling a road as 'hatred for a tribe.' Fashola has always harped it that PPPs and tolling might be the only way forward to achieve any progress in roadworks; the man already has a history of tolling all the major roads and bridges he built in Lagos, I also hear the Lagos-Ibadan road is going to be tolled when completed so I really wouldn't think or interpret tolling of a road as tribal hate, except I just want to be irrationally sentimental and divisive.

Lest I forget, the government of GEJ (which we all know wasn't into the tolling business) actually planned to toll the 2nd Nigeria bridge. In all honesty, would you really interpret that as hatred for a particular tribe?

1 Like

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by chelseajoy: 2:28pm On Aug 15, 2016
Mynd44:

Useless government.

cool
the project gej did not even start in the first place. hater!! hate till u drop!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by owoademola: 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2016
Noblecx:
[s][/s]

is very unfortunate that Gej couldn't complete his full tenure to shame you morrafuckers...

But alas what is the present administration doing?

Nothing I presume...

All thanks to God, the Chinese company, the gov. Of Anambra and Enugu state.
Sorry, you mean we should wait for Gej to use another term, definitely you must be a wicked soul. imagine that ever busy road Gej and Pdp can't achieved that. Am waiting for 2018 b4 i'll start to judge this Govt.

1 Like

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by aresssa: 2:42pm On Aug 15, 2016
Lifestone:
I will continue to ask what exactly were GEJ achievements in South East to have deserved the cult support he receives in the region.
For a road as crucial as Enugu Onitsha Road to have been left undone amounts to GEJ's betrayal of SE (also the non completion of the 2nd Niger Bridge).

South East should do a soul searching, and change the illusion of goodness they thought they had during the GEJ administration.

Unfortunately, their support for GEJ has nothing to do with GEJs competence, the good things they benefited from him or because of their love for Nigeria because we all know GEJ didn't do anything for them and he still don't care about that region even after leaving office.

Their support for that man remains about hatred and bitterness against the North and the SW and also because they don't have any worthy local leader or role model to look up to.

Or how do you explain the ridiculous support and noise for the same man Nigerians unanimously kicked out of office, a man who did nothing for you, a man who his own ijaw people have denounced openly as a failure and have moved on.

1 Like

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by legendte(m): 2:48pm On Aug 15, 2016
obailala:
I think I prefer roads to be fixed over the appointment of one or two individuals who end up blessing only their own pockets. Fixing a road would benefit millions instead of the handful of individuals and their relatives who get immigration jobs.

Fair enough. While empowerment is equally as good as road rehabilitation, I prefer the later too. Back to the main issue of contention, Buhari has shown publicly the hatred he has for the Igbos. Put yourself in the shoes of the Igbos before you pass judgement. He did it in the 80s and he is repeating it again by his actions and inactions.
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by aresssa: 2:54pm On Aug 15, 2016
Ilochukwuka:

**** why didn't your Jonothing pay contractors to do the work. It is not enough to award, but to pay so as to execute.

That sounds more like sarcasm..
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by Abagworo(m): 2:55pm On Aug 15, 2016
legendte:

Fair enough. While empowerment is equally as good as road rehabilitation, I prefer the later too. Back to the main issue of contention, Buhari has shown publicly the hatred he has for the Igbos. Put yourself in the shoes of the Igbos before you pass judgement. He did it in the 80s and he is repeating it again by his actions and inactions.

Give us one example

1 Like

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by aresssa: 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2016
When Jona their useless idol awarded the same project to JB to be built and tolled for 30 years, you jubilated and sang his praise, but you are now mad and upset because the same thing is under consideration for this road...

Bunch of confused and bigoted losers...

2 Likes

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by aresssa: 3:14pm On Aug 15, 2016

This is the best and the most sophisticated bridge in the whole of West Africa and it's a tolled bridge.

The bridge is still shinning today because of proper maintenance that the Money generated is funding and at the same time funding other major projects all over Lagos state..

2 Likes

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by obailala(m): 3:14pm On Aug 15, 2016
legendte:

I agree Buhari has shown unbelievable immaturity in the way he's reciprocating the passionate 'love' most Igbos have for him; however besides appointments, I am yet to be convinced of this alleged hatred in terms of developmental projects, be it from the 80's or in the recent dispensation.

1 Like

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by aresssa: 3:24pm On Aug 15, 2016
obailala:
I agree Buhari has shown unbelievable immaturity in the way he's reciprocating the passionate 'love' most Igbos have for him; however besides appointments, I am yet to be convinced of this alleged hatred in terms of developmental projects, be it from the 80's or in the recent dispensation.

ibo people have passionate love for PMB? grin

You are obviously confusing hate with love grin

This is the biggest joke ever in the history of mankind... grin

Only on NL... grin

1 Like

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by IDnoble1: 3:46pm On Aug 15, 2016
freshdude99:

Ur fada left nyash there. Has ur entire ethnicity match a quarter of the ingenuity of the south easterners or are u just being a madcow
I don't need to exchange indecent or vulgar statements with you here because you are not mature. I know you ppl very well, you lack respect for other ethnicity. I have said what I know, I made the comment based on what I experienced with your ppl in the past

1 Like

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by henxit1134: 6:01pm On Aug 15, 2016
Mynd44:

Useless government.

cool

good governance is all about continuity. if its GEJ project and this govt see it fit to continue or to fit it is that a bad thing. I don't see why u said this govt is useless. keep ur sentiment aside, n support this govt for its continuity on this project

1 Like

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by kaboninc(m): 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

No matter the extent of your rant with Caseless, Mynd44 etc ...

[size=3pt]1)You can NEVER stampede anybody into loving a man who thinks and sees me as minority (5%)...Any SE indigene would be silly to do same...

2)This road reconstruction for which you are vomiting your hatred and prejudice against Southeast is an initiative of SE leaders...NOT & NEVER Buhari or Fashola...The thread was even shown here when Obiano went to discuss this road and other SE projects in China with this company...So what's FG input here?

3) This project is PPP...which other road is under same arrangement under this administration...SE will be taxed through tollgates on this road... Indirectly meaning they Re providing road and other infrastructure for themselves unlike other regions...while you praise buhari for same...I rather thank Obiano & co...

4) Jonathan didn't finish the whole length of this road...but did do some portion of it(Cf Onitsha end of this same road)...Just like so many other roads he started but didn't finish before he left government...[/size]

[size=15pt]5)What happened to the refinery Mynd44 that you struggled to spread lies over this forum that it was buhari body language... Did his body language suddenly trip it off again? ...
[/size] cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
[size=5pt]6)Enugu International Airport which past regimes refused to approve was enough reason for Southeast to "worship" Jonathan...Yes, and he made sure through Okonjo-Iweala that the project was structured in such a way that the project can not be stopped irrespective of any administration for financial reasons...

7) Onitsha/Owerri road which Jonathan completed is enough reason bro...

cool Appointing Southeast elites(albeit an individual glory) to posts which buhari and co consider a taboo for Southeast folks is enough reason to love Jonathan beyond measures...Ihejirika & co comes to mind...It took more than 44years Before Ihejirika an Igbo was appointed by Jonathan as COAS...Buhari denied them entirely again...And you want them to worship buhari with you cheesy

9)You need more reasons... cheesygrin Enjoy the change... Southeast doesn't envy your decision acumen of getting buhari here ...And so, don't cry your head off for us biko wink[/size]

Kikikikiki Hohohohohoho Hahahahahahah...... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by alezzy13: 7:32pm On Aug 15, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

[s]https://www.nairaland.com/3281710/obiano-china-onitsha-port-anambra
NEver allow omenka, mynd44, Caseless etc confuse you with their frustration to shore up image of this confused government...
1)How many projects are on PPP by thjs government except in Southeast?
2)Is their any contribution even the footwork or discussion on agreement by FG here except nominal approval since it is their road?
3) Isn't some section of this road already built by Jonathan before leaving government?...So why mock him or derail the thread to Jonathan attack thread?
4)I thought they deceived themselves saying some billions was earmarked for this same project in their 2016 padded budget?... cheesy
5)Never go for him who sees you as inferior(5%) in all terms...Has any sane president so derogatorily described his subjects? Buhari isn't for anything good###[/s]
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by alezzy13: 7:45pm On Aug 15, 2016
aresssa:
When Jona their useless idol awarded the same project to JB to be built and tolled for 30 years, you jubilated and sang his praise, but you are now mad and upset because the same thing is under consideration for this road...

[size=20pt]Bunch of confused and bigoted losers...[/size]

Their idol, in power for 5 years plus, amassing about N50trillion, way more than any other govt in this era, didn't think such a strategic road in the east was in need of a comprehensive overhaul. Yet they have no problem constantly licking his A%%.

This govt in the face of very lean resources is trying to start something, yet for no other reason than primitive, evil clannishness, they refuse to see any good in it.

I've always maintained, the main difference between 'them' and BH is that the former does not go about bombing people. In almost every other respect, both are very much alike.

1 Like

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by omenka(m): 7:54pm On Aug 15, 2016
alezzy13:
You get time no be small. I Simply ignore such dolts.
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by basilo101: 8:10pm On Aug 15, 2016
and igbo man's company brought his chinese partners to build a road and some ppl are hailing the dullard?? let them hand over the infrastructures in the east and we will build all of them using the PPP model, we are not poor, we can pay
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by freshdude99(m): 10:38pm On Aug 15, 2016
IDnoble1:

I don't need to exchange indecent or vulgar statements with you here because you are not mature. I know you ppl very well, you lack respect for other ethnicity. I have said what I know, I made the comment based on what I experienced with your ppl in the past
Fvvk off Mr matured. Hope ur maturity come to play wen ur afonjas brothers denigrate other ethnicity here on NL rubbish attention seeker

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ibrahim Muritala Dumps APC For PDP In Katsina / 4 Arrested For Phone Theft At Governor Akeredolu’s Inauguration (Photo) / Muiz Banire Paid N500,000 To A Judge - EFCC Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.